*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Anyone heard we are looking at James McCarthy?

Another one that has ending up at Hibs written all over him 🤣

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Mind there was a rule with the Chinese league when they were throwing mega money at players. Teams were making subs after 10 mins as you had to start 8 Chinese players or something. 

Off topic but I came across a thing saying Scunthorpe turned down a bid of £4m from a Chinese club for Kevin van Veen a couple of years ago!

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Has he been impressive ?

To clarify, I’ve been checking his appearances and results and brief stats, not actually watching his games.

His team are mid table but top scorers in the league. He seems to score in little batches. Nothing for a few weeks then scores 4 games running. Not sure how good the league is but he’s quite highly rated in his own back yard it seems

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

To clarify, I’ve been checking his appearances and results and brief stats, not actually watching his games.

His team are mid table but top scorers in the league. He seems to score in little batches. Nothing for a few weeks then scores 4 games running. Not sure how good the league is but he’s quite highly rated in his own back yard it seems

Ok thanks. I thought you had been watching.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

I’m sure I’ve seen posted on here that there is something to do with tv revenues and the split of it. I’m sure I saw a figure on here of about 3m Euros for EL banded about as opposed to about 400k for ECL. 

That makes a huge difference 

Yes, there's potentially a lot more money in the Europa League than some posters think, especially if sevco get into the Champions League. If they beat PSV, we'd probably need to win every game in the Conference League to make what we'd make from the Europa League before playing a game.

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Ok thanks. I thought you had been watching.

I tried once to be fair but the language made it impossible to follow the game 😂 The few minutes I did watch were shite though 

FarmerTweedy
53 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The boy's a good player, and completely different to anything we have. I'd be perfectly happy with bringing him in, he's already proved hibs don't like defending against him for starters.

He's not a good player, he's a fairly rubbish player who's just had a couple of good games. You'd maybe be happy with bringing him in, but after he'd been here a wee while, you'd be moaning like buggery about the waste of a wage by Joe and Robbie.

Fxxx the SPFL
8 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Yes, there's potentially a lot more money in the Europa League than some posters think, especially if sevco get into the Champions League. If they beat PSV, we'd probably need to win every game in the Conference League to make what we'd make from the Europa League before playing a game.

Nah don’t think so there’s not a great deal of difference with a win EL and ECL and we’ve more chance of winning games in ECL

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

He's not a good player, he's a fairly rubbish player who's just had a couple of good games. You'd maybe be happy with bringing him in, but after he'd been here a wee while, you'd be moaning like buggery about the waste of a wage by Joe and Robbie.

Fine, he's a shit player who has good games, that'll do when we're 2 games a week and not wanting to risk Shankland for 90 minutes against St Mirren ahead of a big European game.

That's twice I've seen him now and twice I've been really impressed, what am I meant to base it on?

If he's at Livingston he won't be on a giant wage, I'd be happy with him.

Unknown user
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

Nah don’t think so there’s not a great deal of difference with a win EL and ECL and we’ve more chance of winning games in ECL

I think what he's saying is that if the rangers beat psv we won't have to split Scotland's share of the Europa TV money. That's how it's worked before anyway IIRC.

weegie jambo
12 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I totally agree with you. OK, the lads had a couple of good games this season but his overall style is not one we want to be pursuing. He's another lumbering Uche type not a quick strong Simms type. We need players of a better standard. If it's a case of resting players prior to a European game, I'd rather put Henderson in as a No9.

2 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

There is more prestige in the Europa League. 

Qualify and there’s a 1/8 chance Cristiano ronaldo plays at Tynecastle 

And a 1/9 chance we'd see him being megged by Michael Smith. 

😜

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Ski Nae said:

And a 1/9 chance we'd see him being megged by Michael Smith. 

😜

Then they'd be a 8/8 chance Barry McKay runs at Maguire and puts him on his arse. 

48 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

There is a huge difference. The figures that have been quoted in the press etc and keep being repeated on here don't include TV revenue which could be worth around €2.5m to us in the EL. It depends on which competition Rangers end up in, but we're pretty much guaranteed €1m+ either way. Conference League is a fraction of that and we'd have to perform above expectations to make up the shortfall with performance payments. 

Edited by Jamboross

No news guys 

just couldn't bear to see the thread on page 2 whilst still in the window :wacko2:

Come on those ITK a little crumb to ease our week

Edited by merrymac

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

There isn't much difference between earnings in the Europa and the Conference, and we'd be likely to pick up more cash-earning points in the Conference League.

The biggest tie (financially) in our history was AEK, this isn't even close.

Depending on whether Rangers are in the EL group stages, the total money (prize plus TV pool) for the UEL could be a little less than twice what the total for the UECL is.

So I'd say this two-match fixture is the second-most valuable fixture since administration, which the first being the semi-final against Hibs where we guaranteed group stage play. 😎

18 minutes ago, biffy said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but we’ve only registered 25/26 players in euro squad 

Probably don't have 26 to register

Curious if we’re waiting on a few promising EPL yoofs on loan and it’s conditional on us qualifying for the EL… 

heartsfc_fan
25 minutes ago, biffy said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but we’ve only registered 25/26 players in euro squad 

Seems a normal amount?

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Spoke to my Livi mate he says club stance on Nouble is 2 million.

To be fair they held firm with Lyndon Dykes and got what they wanted aswell.

Takeshi kovac
16 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Lira ? 😂

Jamboscanbevicius
33 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Maybe if he keeps it up until at least Jan. not sure we should be touching him until he shows it for a longer period anyway. If he does he may be out of reach, but them’s the breaks.

Edited by Jamboscanbevicius

44 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Curious if we’re waiting on a few promising EPL yoofs on loan and it’s conditional on us qualifying for the EL… 

I don't think EL or Conf is a dealbreaker at all...

36 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Your mate sounds a level headed shrewd operator...

🥴🤯🧐🥸🤥😬🙄

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Livi have fans?

5 hours ago, martoon said:

It was this that profoundly depressed dotnuts on their "non-Hibs match thread" last night.

Hearts can't lose.

We'll either be in the more glamorous Europa League or coining it in with, hopefully, wins/draws in the Conference.

They are sickened.

'If hertz tumbled oot a windae, they'd fall up the way', was one of the funnier posts over there.

Love it

Final comment on Shankland then. Great signing and one we should have made years ago. He’s the penalty box scorer we have needed for years and I predict 18+ goals from him.

Laughable all the experts on here who said he was not a premier League player.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Final comment on Shankland then. Great signing and one we should have made years ago. He’s the penalty box scorer we have needed for years and I predict 18+ goals from him.

Laughable all the experts on here who said he was not a premier League player.

Same people probably didn’t want us to re-sign Gordon at the time too thinking was past it or too Celtic minded

thankfully we have both now 

12 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Mods. Can we take the Shankland part out the thread title? He signed ages ago. 

Don't mess with tradition. Last piece of business is the end of the title. That’s the rules.

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, db211833 said:

Don't mess with tradition. Last piece of business is the end of the title. That’s the rules.

Yeh we had damours name for ages too when he left 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Same people probably didn’t want us to re-sign Gordon at the time too thinking was past it or too Celtic minded

thankfully we have both now 

Mostly Levein fan boys trying to defend him signing Wighton instead of Shankland.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

I’m sure I’ve seen posted on here that there is something to do with tv revenues and the split of it. I’m sure I saw a figure on here of about 3m Euros for EL banded about as opposed to about 400k for ECL. 

That makes a huge difference 

5 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

4 hours ago, Jamboross said:

There is a huge difference. The figures that have been quoted in the press etc and keep being repeated on here don't include TV revenue which could be worth around €2.5m to us in the EL. It depends on which competition Rangers end up in, but we're pretty much guaranteed €1m+ either way. Conference League is a fraction of that and we'd have to perform above expectations to make up the shortfall with performance payments. 

Right; can everyone remember that Europa & Conference have similar prize money but Europa TV makes Conference TV money look like peanuts 🥜 

FFFF

-

8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Yeh we had damours name for ages too when he left 

Actually someone requested Damour be removed and it was then by chance we signed shankland

Just saying

Edited by CAR
Add info

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, CAR said:

Actually someone requested Damour be removed and it was then by chance we signed shankland

Just saying

😂

15 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Mostly Levein fan boys trying to defend him signing Wighton instead of Shankland.

We have signed shankland at the perfect time. If he signed under levein then he'd be another wasted striker to add to a long list.

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

I think what he's saying is that if the rangers beat psv we won't have to split Scotland's share of the Europa TV money. That's how it's worked before anyway IIRC.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying! It's the Market Pool thing. According to a UEFA report from last season, or maybe the one before, posted on the Europe thread, Scotland's share was over €3m euros. The corresponding amount in the Conference League would apparently be in the ballpark of about a sixth of that.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***