*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

21 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I would say this is a bold statement to make.

But personally I think this is more of a bold statement.

Your humour has bowled me over 😂🤣😂🤣😂

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

12 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I swear have deja vu this was either the actual or the claimed reason for a signing being delayed in the past. 

You remember correctly.  I told the forum Lafferty had signed and it took an absolute age to get his image rights sorted, without them the club can not post official images or create merchandise etc feating him.  Which is why scarf above head hasnt happened yet. 

21 minutes ago, Ecce Romanov said:

Are you basing this on how long it has taken, or insider knowledge?

Just a question, definitely  no inside knowledge.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

You remember correctly.  I told the forum Lafferty had signed and it took an absolute age to get his image rights sorted, without them the club can not post official images or create merchandise etc feating him.  Which is why scarf above head hasnt happened yet. 

Quite common and nothing to worry about really. 

Going larger scale, it was why it took Pogba so long to be announced at United the second time round. Everything was sorted bar the daft image rights. 

8 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

Wow as I said 

Cochrane

Rowles

Grant

Neilson

Forrest 

Shankland as good as confirmed.

I still believe we have a chance of Everton want to keep Simms that we will get him on loan. 

I think our remaining Midfield targets are Ronan and/or Anderson.

If as you say we get an experienced CB like Sainsbury……..deary me were in good shape! That’s a team that has potential to take a bit of stopping!! 

we can hope and pray. 🤞🏼

My understanding from end of season interviews, particularly Andrew McKinlay, was that we would be looking at 8-10 signings approx. Robbie indicated an additional 3 to boost squad numbers to cope with extra matches involving European ties, 5? loanees to replace as well as Souttar, and now McEneff leaving as well.

5 in so far...potentially 10 needed, so still a bit of a way to go. Squad is building nicely though.

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

1pm announcement aye?

Naw, they're all on the happy bus to Deepdale.

maroonedinlivvy
26 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Is the deal off?

He put pen to paper back of 2 yesterday. Don't know the delay in announcing....

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Hurray! always good to see JD's name crop up.

thankfully our scouting & recruitment team are on another level now. (not that JD was bad - did v well in his first loan spell.....not so great in the second one. did OK at QPR last season)

He probably didn't do so great in the second loan spell because he only had one loan spell with us!

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Does discussion on a player who was a transfer target, but might not be now due to intervening signings, come in to your category?

Not MY category, mate.

If you cannot read or understand the thread title, that's your problem.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

LIV golf fed off image rights issues with players, quite a big thing these days, however surprised its an issue here

2 minutes ago, maroonedinlivvy said:

That depends on which itk’er you listen to because now now have 2 completely different reasons. 😂

Ricardo Quaresma

So, the mhanks were after mooy, they have signed him

Well said, the poster that claimed they weren't interested

2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

He probably didn't do so great in the second loan spell because he only had one loan spell with us!

lol I know - senior moment 🤣

maroonedinlivvy
Just now, Dazo said:

That depends on which itk’er you listen to because now now have 2 completely different reasons. 😂

He signed that i know 110%, god knows why its not official yet.

2 minutes ago, maroonedinlivvy said:

He signed that i know 110%, god knows why its not official yet.

Oh I know he has, like you I’m just not pretending I know the reason it isn’t announced. 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

you think? I just have a memory recall that his last few games for us weren't overly spectacular. Did he get injured with us? If so, would explain my memory.

or I could be talking utter shite.

lets see how well the new signings at the back get on. JD played 38 games in the championship last season....although that's not always a guarantee of nailed on success up here (damour)

He came in in August 2018 on a 6 month loan, primarily as injury cover, I think, but then played pretty much every week after Berra got injured, until he got injured himself around December (or maybe late November). Went back to Burnley for treatment and was then loaned to Sunderland for the 2nd half of that season. Not sure if the club had tried to get him back here, but I think the vast majority of fans had hoped he'd come back! 

Ainsley Harriott
9 minutes ago, maroonedinlivvy said:

Would love to hear how you know this

RustyRightPeg

Also worth noting that if that picture wasn’t leaked yesterday we wouldn’t have had a dinky do of the time scales. 

This is probably quite normal and not out of normal routine or time scales. 

No need to panic. 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, john thomas said:

With Vodafone no charges at all

Only if you're on a contract that started before they reintroduced roaming charges! 

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

He came in in August 2018 on a 6 month loan, primarily as injury cover, I think, but then played pretty much every week after Berra got injured, until he got injured himself around December (or maybe late November). Went back to Burnley for treatment and was then loaned to Sunderland for the 2nd half of that season. Not sure if the club had tried to get him back here, but I think the vast majority of fans had hoped he'd come back! 

ah - cheers FT - thanks for the memory update

john thomas
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Only if you're on a contract that started before they reintroduced roaming charges! 

Yes though there may be some deals out there (?)

Easy (and cheap) to supplement with locally bought Sims 

maroonedinlivvy
7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Oh I know he has, like you I’m just not pretending I know the reason it isn’t announced. 

👍

If Shanklands Hearts contract is anything like his Utd one it might be a bit more complex.

He backed himself at Utd and had all sorts of add ons for things like call ups for Scotland, number of caps etc…maybe that is the issue.

Then again maybe not 😂

Edited by Jamboelite

Just now, Jamboelite said:

If Shanklands Hearts contract is anything like his Utd one it might be a bit more complex.

He backed himself at Utd and had all sorts of add ons for things like call ups for Scotland, number of caps etc…maybe that is the issue.

Sure he was on a massive goal bonus scheme at the time

Neverforgetfiveone

Could it be that Shankland isn’t the only one signing on….?

Perhaps a double announcement tomorrow? 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

He started it by asking the silly questions :lol: 

It's alright, he wouldn't sully himself with that mob 😄

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

He’ll be announced on deadline day just before midnight. We’ll sign 6 players before then.

Just checking the SPFL top scorer markets. Shankland doesn’t appear yet obviously but going by the odds which are showing, I’d say he’ll be somewhere between 16/1 to 20/1. I’ll be having some of that !

FarmerTweedy
19 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

ah - cheers FT - thanks for the memory update

I did have to check which season it actually was before posting!  Wouldn't have said it felt as long as four years ago!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Just checking the SPFL top scorer markets. Shankland doesn’t appear yet obviously but going by the odds which are showing, I’d say he’ll be somewhere between 16/1 to 20/1. I’ll be having some of that !

I wouldnt take that price for him to be Hearts top scorer :)

Only kidding, I would, but every chance he could be usurped by a bigger target still. Always the dreamer me

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I'm going for Bojang as he must be about 2 million to 1 🤣

MarkDevriesScores4

I don’t mind the delay. Fairly obvious the deal was done yesterday. 

personally, I’m enjoying fans of other clubs telling Twitter how shit he is and “he can’t score in the top flight’’. Can’t wait for that to come back to bite them. 

35 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Yep, everyone start panicking please

Who is panicking?

30 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Yeah, gazumped by Hibs apparently 

Helpful, thanks 🙄

Okay, can we finally admit that nobody on here who claims that they know anything about what goes on inside the club regarding transfers, or has any sort of ITK scoop, is talking absolute ****ing nonsense. Time and time again, there have been hot scoops, wild takes, and speculation about all kinds of nonsense, people posting "announcements" and it has all been bollocks.

It's gone from being a bit of fun, to borderline hysteria about why something hasn't happened yet.   The off-season used to be a chance to chill out for a few weeks, but now it's just a couple of months of pant wetting and one-upmanship.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

I'm going for Bojang as he must be about 2 million to 1 🤣

I am still bewildered how they got him a work permit, unless he is a future prospective star for their development team.   I cannot see him featuring in first team games.

16 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Wondered if that could be the case.  Perhaps Rowles paperwork is now through.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

Okay, can we finally admit that nobody on here who claims that they know anything about what goes on inside the club regarding transfers, or has any sort of ITK scoop, is talking absolute ****ing nonsense. Time and time again, there have been hot scoops, wild takes, and speculation about all kinds of nonsense, people posting "announcements" and it has all been bollocks.

It's gone from being a bit of fun, to borderline hysteria about why something hasn't happened yet.   The off-season used to be a chance to chill out for a few weeks, but now it's just a couple of months of pant wetting and one-upmanship.

Alternatively enjoy the stupidity of it as a sport within a sport, always been my favourite thread for the genuinely wild takes and humour, the ego trip of believing to have something that everyone wants to know, but yet will hear it all in good time anyway :)  Trolls apart of course, they have no place and it does appear the admin team have been busy, well done

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Have we had any rumours as the fee being paid for Shankland? £500k? 

380k been mentioned more than once, add ons sell ons etc. Nobody will ever know bar those involved in the contract

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

If a transfer thread in a football forum is causing you this much angst then maybe your best ‘chill out’ would be to log off at the end of May and log back in at the end of August, or just don’t open the thread maybe ?

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Have we had any rumours as the fee being paid for Shankland? £500k? 

Dutch journalist on Twitter said about 380k with a sell on included. How he knows I don't know.

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The key is to not take anyone on this forum seriously when it comes to rumours, and try and keep tabs on who said what, then you can determine who might be worth paying attention to more than others. I think people are getting angsty about Shankland as we know he’s been photographed in Hearts gear, so some are getting annoyed at the delay in announcing it.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

If a transfer thread in a football forum is causing you this much angst then maybe your best ‘chill out’ would be to log off at the end of May and log back in at the end of August, or just don’t open the thread maybe ?

Yes, my one post about this is actually debilitating angst.

I'll sign out now just in case I have my 8th aneurysm of the day, pushing it a bit hard.  See you in August, but only 2 days before match days, because I won't be able to chill-out in the 48 hours directly before kick off.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***