*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

yoiks! .....quickly scrambles over to google to check!

perhaps my obsession with him has dreamt up a second loan spell. or maybe he was injured with us and when came back didn't see as good.....

@bazman - thanks for the correction. I need to calm down with my JD obsession lol 🤪

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

21 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Nah he was much skinnier and Mikey was in the dugout for the game

Hearts boss welcomes new head of recruitment and arrival from Rangers |  Hearts news

This guy by any chance?

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

With Sky mate £2 a day👍

2062AA76-73F6-4DAE-A94F-5B620036B603.jpeg

Tesco mobile, operated by O2, is free to contract customers within your contract, it's exactly as if you're in the UK.

ScandinavianJambo
15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's like the Tomas Brolin transfer saga but with the World Cup player excitement.

Thomas Brolin...reminds me of being young lol 😁

Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Hurray! always good to see JD's name crop up.

thankfully our scouting & recruitment team are on another level now. (not that JD was bad - did v well in his first loan spell.....not so great in the second one. did OK at QPR last season)

Dunne only had one spell at Hearts and he'd walk into our starting line up.

8 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

yoiks! .....quickly scrambles over to google to check!

perhaps my obsession with him has dreamt up a second loan spell. or maybe he was injured with us and when came back didn't seem as good.....

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Dunne only had one spell at Hearts and he'd walk into our starting line up.

you think? I just have a memory recall that his last few games for us weren't overly spectacular. Did he get injured with us? If so, would explain my memory.

or I could be talking utter shite.

lets see how well the new signings at the back get on. JD played 38 games in the championship last season....although that's not always a guarantee of nailed on success up here (damour)

9 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

you think? I just have a memory recall that his last few games for us weren't overly spectacular. Did he get injured with us? If so, would explain my memory.

Maybe you're thinking of the boy Shaugnessy (I think) who came on loan the following season and was pretty mince?

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Shankland has travelled with the team down to Preston. No idea if featuring or not

What’s the hold up with the announcement ?

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Image rights.

BackOfTheNet
16 minutes ago, Sertse said:

1pm announcement aye?

I’m going with reverse psychology, and saying absolutely no chance of that happening…

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Image rights.

Hehe.  Take whoever posted that pic yesterday being chased down then!!

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Quadruple signing on Friday.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What does that involve? 

He wasn't happy that his picture was put on the internet yesterday without his permission and wants paid for it.

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's like the Tomas Brolin transfer saga but with the World Cup player excitement.

And without Brolin 

Apart from that, it's exactly like that. 😉

Dick Dastardly
52 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Nah he was much skinnier and Mikey was in the dugout for the game

This guy? 

lord_lucan.jpg

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Oh clever…

Just a wee joke. Don’t be like those who took the wee jibes at the size of Shankland’s heid too seriously. They were crying themselves to sleep.

…on their huge pillows. ::troll::

Edited by BackOfTheNet

14 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Maybe you're thinking of the boy Shaugnessy (I think) who came on loan the following season and was pretty mince?

ahh that lad from Leeds. I do remember him - but think he was mince from the off! :)

4 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

ahh that lad from Leeds. I do remember him - but think he was mince from the off! :)

Is it Demi? He was good first spell then mince the next IIRC?

Lone Striker
5 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

He was, or least compared to JD he was.   

This may be the first summer window for 4 years that JD hasn't been mentioned on here as a serious contender, a  mark of how much we've improved defensively   

3 minutes ago, Kenbo said:

Is it Demi? He was good first spell then mince the next IIRC?

yeah defo was polar opposites in his first and second spell. he deo did have a knee problem - think man utd requested he return after the first spell to get it looked at

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

This may be the first summer window for 4 years that JD hasn't been mentioned on here as a serious contender, a  mark of how much we've improved defensively   

that was my feeling. 

and its an indicator of how our scouting is much better. It's been enjoyable watching unknowns come in and do well. 

4 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Mostly to do with the fact Kingsley has been outstanding. Nothing wrong with JD, very decent player, but with Kingsley & Rowles we are well covered in that position now. JD would have been well out of our price range. Almost stealing Rowles will hopefully turn out to be a much better deal. Can't help thinking that if we were looking at Rowles now, his price would have more than doubled following his international call up and performances. 

12 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

not him but wasnt too far off this look

Same guy but with his glasses on. This is Bob MCCunn Head Performance Analyst.

Robert MCCUNN | PhD

Lone Striker

Just checked back our team from the early part of 2018/19 season in a couple of games.  Only Michael Smith and Peter Haring still at Hearts - Souttar recently gone, and Naismith retired.

2 names from that season to send shivers down the spine though - Zlamal & Doyle 😲

Lone Striker
8 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Mostly to do with the fact Kingsley has been outstanding. Nothing wrong with JD, very decent player, but with Kingsley & Rowles we are well covered in that position now. JD would have been well out of our price range. Almost stealing Rowles will hopefully turn out to be a much better deal. Can't help thinking that if we were looking at Rowles now, his price would have more than doubled following his international call up and performances. 

Good post - we haven't seen Rowles yet, but some  media reports of what his Aussie teammates have said about him suggest we've nipped in to get him in the nick of time.    Having 2 Aussies here already probably helped persuade him too.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

5pm and in the team tonight

Something like that. “Laurence will be straight into the match day squad for the friendly at deepdale this evening”

Similar to Simms against Celtic. 

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

2pm announcement 

I would say this is a bold statement to make.

But personally I think this is more of a bold statement.

scott herbertson
42 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

This guy? 

lord_lucan.jpg

Why would my neighbour be at Tynecastle?

He's so shy hardly anybody has even set eyes on him.

Edited by scott herbertson

Ecce Romanov
Just now, Dia Liom said:

Looks like it

Are you basing this on how long it has taken, or insider knowledge?

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

yeah defo was polar opposites in his first and second spell. he deo did have a knee problem - think man utd requested he return after the first spell to get it looked at

They took him back after it was decided he was fit to play, he walked off the pitch leaving us with ten men late on against St Johnstone, went back to Manchester and had an operation putting him out for the rest of the season.
Billy Big time who has found his level, still injured. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Maybe the pie deal, front page news, gen up, in Aberdeen, outrage at the cost of the Pittodrie Pie hitting £4.10 :)

Maybe Tynecastle Catering asking too much for the new 2022/3 pie?

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Image rights.

I swear have deja vu this was either the actual or the claimed reason for a signing being delayed in the past. 

Drew Wallace
9 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Is the deal off?

What!!!

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Tommy Tommy Brolin

Tommy Tommy Brolin

Who put the ball in England's net

Tommy Tommy Brolin

Euro 1992.  We (about 12 Scots) were singing the song on ferry from Sweden to Denmark when approached by a Swedish TV reporter who wanted to know the story behind the song.  My 15 minutes of fame.

6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I swear have deja vu this was either the actual or the claimed reason for a signing being delayed in the past. 

A poster on here tried to claim this was the reason for the Stendel delay. Coincidentally, image rights had apparently been discussed on a recent episode of Open Goal.

Edited by DC_92

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***