• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, lou said:

Looking at the Simms Instagram photo in the bedroom, he has stripped the bed, maybe washing the sheets or maybe packing up to leave 🫰🫰

The second photo of the hills…surely not the pentlands

1 hour ago, Spookie said:

Where is Ellis heading? North 🤔 

Screenshot_20220703-120726_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220703-120742_Instagram.jpg

That is almost certainly the start of the Pentland Hills in the background. The shape matches with the hills around the area of Flotterstone. 99% certain. If you Google ‘hills near A702’ and check images, one of the images is a pretty close match. The only thing putting me off is the angle of the sun, unless it was taken last night it’s not in the right position for this morning 

Edited by JimmyCant

12 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Definitely the borders - absolutely no question. ****ing hell is this actually happening!? 😂♥️

If it is the borders then you'd have thought someone on here who's used to the roads would be able to pinpoint the exact location based on the fairly distinctive hills in the background.

That's why I'm sceptical for now. Well, that and the fact the sun is front of him, meaning he's not driving north when the picture was taken.

4 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Could be east - towards Sheffield. Lot of countryside like that around  there.

37 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

But he wouldn’t be on shitty narrow rural road though I don’t think to get there.

A628 would probably be the shortest route to Barnsley, Rotherham or Sheffield from Liverpool and passes through countryside like that

Finlay James
11 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I prefer the Biggar road but the Moffat road is definitely better for toffees. 😉

😅 Think this post will go over the head of a few.

PS, always use the Moffat road just to get a tin of toffee 

21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Agreed.

All managers make good/bad signings and while Rowles, Grant et al look good on paper we still don't know if they'll ultimately be good signings in Hearts colours.  We do have a distinct advantage right now in that we have more money than recent managers had available, which enables us to operate in a better market: we need to make that tell - but there are no guarantees.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Souttar as well and brought Hickey back to Hearts from Celtic..

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

That is almost certainly the start of the Pentland Hills in the background. The shape matches with the hills around the area of Flotterstone. 99% certain. If you Google ‘hills near A702’ and check images, one of the images is a pretty close match

Yeah I used to drive to Gala a lot. Certainly looks like it. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
32 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Looks like the M74 

I know folk moan about lack of investment in Scottish infrastructure but if that’s a motorway in Scotland these days I’m out.

Finlay James
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

That is almost certainly the start of the Pentland Hills in the background. The shape matches with the hills around the area of Flotterstone. 99% certain

I’m undecided between the Biggar-Edinburgh road around Dolphinton or The Borders between Langholm-Hawick 

1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

I’m undecided between the Biggar-Edinburgh road around Dolphinton or The Borders between Langholm-Hawick 

30 odd miles from Edinburgh I’d say

1 hour ago, Spookie said:

Where is Ellis heading? North 🤔 

Screenshot_20220703-120726_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220703-120742_Instagram.jpg

😍

Pentlandroad2.PNG

Edited by usagi

3 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Found the same photo Pentland hill it said on images

image.jpeg

Yep. That’s the match I found. It’s even the same tree and broken wall so taken from almost exactly the same spot. He’s coming home !

Edited by JimmyCant

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, usagi said:

😍

Pentlandroad2.PNG

that is busy as ****, but I fecking love it 

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Edinburgh to Biggar Road. Going the wrong way. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, lou said:

He seems.to have now disabled comments on the post, He's back 😁😁😁

Imagine the state of the Leith economists if we've splashed the cash for a permanent transfer...

kingantti1874
Just now, Newton51 said:

If Simms is back then must be a loan. Don’t think we could afford the full fee and package etc. 

we definitely could do it with the money we have and are about to pull in.  Whether we would want to is another matter.  

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

If Simms is back then must be a loan. Don’t think we could afford the full fee and package etc. 

I wonder if Branthwaite is in the car with him. Both were listed as ‘going on loan’ by Everton yesterday 

3 minutes ago, lou said:

He seems.to have now disabled comments on the post, He's back 😁😁😁

Was 99% sure,  now I'm ball deep 100% sure this is happening, there's no going back now, this could make or break me 😬

18 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

That is almost certainly the start of the Pentland Hills in the background. The shape matches with the hills around the area of Flotterstone. 99% certain. If you Google ‘hills near A702’ and check images, one of the images is a pretty close match. The only thing putting me off is the angle of the sun, unless it was taken last night it’s not in the right position for this morning 

Well done!

Fantastic detective work.

15 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

If it is the borders then you'd have thought someone on here who's used to the roads would be able to pinpoint the exact location based on the fairly distinctive hills in the background.

That's why I'm sceptical for now. Well, that and the fact the sun is front of him, meaning he's not driving north when the picture was taken.

Good timing on this. :lol:

Confirmed to be driving south though so I'm still tempering my excitement. Maybe collecting stuff from his flat and heading back to Liverpool?

Screenshot_20220703-133136.png

Chillidigits
12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yeah I used to drive to Gala a lot. Certainly looks like it. 

Oh no Ellis don't sign for Gala. Keep driving lad.

I wonder if Branthwaite is in the car with him. Both were listed as ‘going on loan’ by Everton yesterday 

Taking the photo from the back seat?

Just now, 3_cups said:

Is that not heading West/South away from Edinburgh?

Exactly what I thought. If he was heading to Edinburgh up the A702, the Pentland hills would be on his left. 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Oh no Ellis don't sign for Gala. Keep driving lad.

In hindsight I might’ve got it completely wrong, people seem more confident it’s the Biggar road.

4 minutes ago, 3_cups said:

Dont want to be harbinger of doom, but could be that he was packing up last of his stuff at digs and is heading down to Liverpool for the start of pre-season training tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, 3_cups said:

No definitely going north. Edinburgh about 30 miles north east of that photo 

4 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Exactly what I thought. If he was heading to Edinburgh up the A702, the Pentland hills would be on his left. 

When he gets closer they WILL be on his left. The road curves round. If he was going south on that road, you wouldn’t see the Pentlands. They’d be behind him

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

i would say it is more like the biggar road than the moffat one. also the moffat road is better than the biggar one

But which one is bigger?  😃

Aussie Jambo

Don’t shoot the messenger as I live in Australia. But I heard from a mate Smms spotted in Edinburgh. 🤔 

Not in the know. As how would I be. I really hope so. 

UPDATE: Hibs ******* made it up. Ah dear. My apologies 

Edited by Aussie Jambo
Fake News

When he gets closer they WILL be in his left. The road curves round.

At no point on the A702 are the Pentland hills on the Right hand side of the road if you are heading towards Edinburgh from Abington, and certainly not at Flotterstone as someone has suggested. 

4 minutes ago, Fultons Right Leg said:

That pic looks like he’s heading south surely!?

The pentlands are in front of him. If he was going south they’d be behind him

1 minute ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Don’t shoot the messenger as I live in Australia. But I heard from a mate Smms spotted in Edinburgh. 🤔 

Not in the know. As how would I be. I really hope so. 

The whelms if it's a permanent deal 😁

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

The pentlands are in front of him. If he was going south they’d be behind him

Most pictures I've seen on social media tent to be  a mirror image, so who knows what direction it is

Just now, Firefox said:

At no point on the A702 are the Pentland hills on the Right hand side of the road if you are heading towards Edinburgh from Abington, and certainly not at Flotterstone as someone has suggested. 

Flotterstone is where that hill is, not where he is. if you look at a map there are sections of that road where the hill would appear to be on the right, but the road veers round eastwards and they will then appear on his left. He’s going north towards Edinburgh. 100% no doubt in my mind.

Just now, Rockwell said:

Most pictures I've seen on social media tend to be  a mirror image, so who knows what direction it is

Aussie Jambo
Just now, Spookie said:

The whelms if it's a permanent deal 😁

Soz mate. My mate gave me fake news. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Has anyone checked their sextant, to confirm the exact angle of the sun, relevant to travel, in that picture?🤔

The sun angle suggest the photo was taken last night between 8pm and sunset

Fitzroy Pointon

Can't help feeling we're getting excited over nothing here. 

I would blow off if we got him back, even for another season long loan. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***