*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

The Grim Reaper
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I agree that there are 2 or 3 forwards I’d get rid of before Boyce but none of them have value.

I ask again - how many SPL goals did Boyce score from open play in the SPL. It it’s more than 10 I’ll eat my hat?

I really like the guy but I wouldn’t put much money on him scoring a penalty for example. And we’ll get between 10 and 15 of them next season the amount of games we play.

If Aberdeen wanted to pay a chunk of money for him that helped us fund 2 or 3 players that improved the team as a whole that would be an incredible result.

I have never viewed Boyce as having any sell on value. If we actually sell him it’s a huge bonus. 

If anyone is willing to pay money to take Boyce off our hands we’d be mad not to move him on. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

If anyone is willing to pay money to take Boyce off our hands we’d be mad not to move him on. 

Unless we are changing formation a lot this season coming, Boyce (when fit) is a lynchpin in how we play. He's a very good footballer and I've enjoyed watching him in that no 10 role more than as a striker. 

Wonder if Aberdeen are just sabre-rattling and showing they have some cash to spend. 

Boyce is a fine player and still has plenty to offer in the #10 role.

Aye, he was off the boil a few times last year but then everybody else had periods of being pish last year too.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Believe he high earner so think there is reasonable argument he is 31 year old player who never had great season and could be in decline so could make sense to move him on if there are other better options to replace him with.

Why do so many on here think that that when players hit 30 they should be taken out to the yard and shot? 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Why do so many on here think that that when players hit 30 they should be taken out to the yard and shot? 

Because we saw how Boyce played after Xmas last year 🤣🤣🤣

(that’s a joke, with an element of truth, but mostly a joke)

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Going crazy is exactly what your suggesting we do for Simms. Closer to the OF ? Does it really matter if the gap goes from 25 points to 15 points ? We can’t spend our way up to the OF. They outspend us tenfold, more than that if we threatened them. It matters far more just now that we solidify 3rd. You don’t need to spend millions to do that

👏👏 Get a team assembled over a few years which can beat all the other teams outside the old firm home & away and we’ll be very close

21 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

I’d reckon that if this is in any way being considered then we must have ready made better options in the bag.  I like Liam Boyce, he’s a good player, but there are better out there. In the last year if his current contract and if there is no prospect of him being here longer than that, then now is  the time to cash in on him. 

Edited by Deevers

Boyce was instrumental in our good form around March/April it wasn't his fault he had to play every game because everyone else was knackered.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Jean Louis Valois said:

Would be madness to lose Boyce, if he goes we must have some wow factor strikers coming in!

Well that’s the point kind of.

Sell improve, sell improve.

To improve we always need to be looking to improve every position and if we get the chance to do so we can’t be sentimental.

kingantti1874
Just now, jambopilms said:

Boyce was instrumental in our good form around March/April it wasn't his fault he had to play every game because everyone else was knackered.

yep he’s a defo keep unless we get a stupid offer.  I also very much doubt we’d sell to the sheep under any circumstances 

Folk wanting to not count Boyce’s penalties and cup goals 🤣🤣🤣 seem to remember that was said about Lafferty as well.

as if they don’t count.  Mental attitude to have. Do the same folk  want to scrub Robbos goals from his total as well ?

Just plain weird if you ask me. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Folk wanting to not count Boyce’s penalties and cup goals 🤣🤣🤣 seem to remember that was said about Lafferty as well.

as if they don’t count.  Mental attitude to have. Do the same folk  want to scrub Robbos goals from his total as well ?

Just plain weird if you ask me. 

Should also scrap his tap ins too as they are too easy to score

AlphonseCapone

Boyce is a good player and thrived playing in 10 role. He dither on the ball sometimes but at other times his touch and vision can be exceptional. 

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

We shouldn’t count goals scored at tynecastle either to be fair. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Boyce missed most tap in chances he got to be fair.

I don’t want to write anything off but the proper test of an SPL striker is how many goals he scored in the SPL

- come on if a quarter of his season’s goals are scored before the season properly starts against shite teams in the League cup it isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement of him and his season is it? 

Neither is it great of a striker misses a 3rd of the pens he takes…

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Don Cowie and Aaron Hughes?

heisenberg86

Baffling how many people on here seem to think selling Boyce to the sheep is a good idea, he definitely had a dip in form the last 8 weeks or so of the season but he is a quality footballer and we should definitely keep him around for next season 

We finished 3rd, reached a cup final and have a European campaign coming up. Why would we sell our top scorer to a diddy team in the north of Scotland?

15 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Very good, positive post.

This club is going in the right direction, just facts mate. 

Nobody is bigger than the club not Stendel, Levein, Robbie, or Savage anyone. 

We are always looking to improve. 

14 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Boyce missed most tap in chances he got to be fair.

I don’t want to write anything off but the proper test of an SPL striker is how many goals he scored in the SPL

- come on if a quarter of his season’s goals are scored before the season properly starts against shite teams in the League cup it isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement of him and his season is it? 

Neither is it great of a striker misses a 3rd of the pens he takes…

sorry but that’s garbage. If your talking about league goal tally only then fair enough (and by the way that includes penalties).  The season as a whole does start with cup competitions.  Cathro got sacked in the shite cup mini league. So by your reckoning he shouldn’t of been sacked until he failed after 6 games in the league ?

or does that not suit your (and others) narrative ?

Edited by 1971fozzy

RustyRightPeg

Savage is not gonna strengthen a rival.

If Boyce goes anywhere it won’t be elsewhere in our league it’ll be down south. 

I hope he stays. 

Boyce scored 16 last season unless the bid is 2-3mil from Ipswich, I wouldn't even consider, and Aberdeen GTF. 

11 minutes ago, CMc said:

Don Cowie and Aaron Hughes?

Comparing Boyce to Hughes and Cowie 🤣 deary me. Do you seriously think he is playing as they did at the end of their time here ?

It's completely legitimate to look at the make-up of Boyce's goals last season. We won't be playing the in the League Cup groups next season and he probably won't be on penalties. Outside of that he scored 6 goals.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

sorry but that’s garbage. If your talking about league goals then fair enough (and by the way that includes penalties).  The season as a whole does start with cup competitions.  Cathro got sacked in the shite cup mini league. So by your reckoning he shouldn’t of been sacked until he failed after 6 games in the league ?

or does that not suit your (and others) narrative ?

I’m not saying it doesn’t really count - I’m just saying if someone wants to pay £500k for him and that helps us buy Simms and another attacker better than we have then we can, effectively, fairly easily replace Boyce.

He really was woeful after Xmas.

He might have been knackered and that’s fair dues - I said above if Robbie looks at him now in pre-season and sees someone with their mojo back that won’t kick a 3 yard open goal shot backwards or miss endless one on one’s with keepers then we won’t sell him.

Its as simple as that. Boyce is a commodity. It either works properly or it doesn’t.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, DC_92 said:

It's completely legitimate to look at the make-up of Boyce's goals last season. We won't be playing the in the League Cup groups next season and he probably won't be on penalties. Outside of that he scored 6 goals.

Right. Thank you. Some facts. Worse than I thought.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Savage is not gonna strengthen a rival.

If Boyce goes anywhere it won’t be elsewhere in our league it’ll be down south. 

I hope he stays. 

Would you fear an Aberdeen team with Boyce as their main striker?

Genuine question.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

We are trying to build a squad to play in a heavy schedule. Boyce will be vital in that. 

Or somebody similar to Boyce that is younger and better?

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Genuine question.

Fear, probably not. 

I just don’t see Savage bowing down to them unless it’s an offer which makes them look silly and benefits us massively financially.

He’s the best striker in the league outwith the Old Firm. Would be ludicrous to sell him.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Ruuuudy said:

Cos when a racehorse cant race..... If we have anything no.10 wise in the pipeline unbeknown to him he may just have shot himself !

Even then, we need a squad of good players. 

RustyRightPeg

What I would add is, Boyce (& many others) soldiered through a long, long season. 

A drop off due to fatigue was always gonna come, which it did. Fortunately it came after we’d secured Europe but unfortunately it came during a run to the cup final. 

Was speaking to an Aberdeen fan earlier. He's doesn't believe it. Says the reporter has history of fabricating stories 

Dick Dastardly
7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Genuine question.

Not as their main striker. If he was playing the role he plays for us they would be a much stronger team, i think. I'm hardly some football expert but the trackin back and the link up play he does is brilliant for us. 

Watt-Zeefuik
5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

No one from Hearts is joining Aberdeen. 

:lol:

TBF it could be McEneff. Someone could have gotten their NI-based players mixed up.

41 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

That's what I thought too.

He looked burnt out at the end of the season and always gave everything.

Still think we need better fitness coaches at the club though.

colinmaroon

I would keep him but not as a main striker,

His conversion ration was poor with a fe real sitters missed (Love Street) as well as a few missed chances in big games, including missed penalty against an Ugly that wouldhave given us a result.

8 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

TBF it could be McEneff. Someone could have gotten their NI-based players mixed up.

Is McEneff not from Eire or have I totally missed that he is from NI

29 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Comparing Boyce to Hughes and Cowie 🤣 deary me. Do you seriously think he is playing as they did at the end of their time here ?

No, I don't. I didn't say anything close to that. Think you've missed the point, bud.

BRB asked why folk seem to have something against over 30s players. I pointed out, lightheartedly, that we had had some honking ones recently and named two examples. The gist being Cowie and Hughes were so bad it might have put some fans off all players over 30. Jokes. At no point did I compare Liam Boyce to either.

If you had a read a little bit more of the thread, you would have seen me say that it was highly unlikely we would want to let him go unless we were signing a couple of strikers from the EPL.

Do you think you maybe waded into a conversation I was having with somebody else without fully understanding what was going on?

Edited by CMc

Borders Jambo
37 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

We finished 3rd, reached a cup final and have a European campaign coming up. Why would we sell our top scorer to a diddy team in the north of Scotland?

This.

Watt-Zeefuik
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is McEneff not from Eire or have I totally missed that he is from NI

I had to look, but apparently he's from Derry but plays for RoI internationally now after playing for NI as an U19.

So both, it would seem.

9 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I had to look, but apparently he's from Derry but plays for RoI internationally now after playing for NI as an U19.

So both, it would seem.

OK that makes sense

Vlad the impaler
35 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

He’s the best striker in the league outwith the Old Firm. Would be ludicrous to sell him.

Very much this. Was our best player in the cup final at about 60% fitness

14 minutes ago, CMc said:

No, I don't. I didn't say anything close to that. Think you've missed the point, bud.

BRB asked why folk seem to have something against over 30s players. I pointed out, lightheartedly, that we had had some honking ones recently and named two examples. The gist being Cowie and Hughes were so bad it might have put some fans off all players over 30. Jokes. At no point did I compare Liam Boyce to either.

If you had a read a little bit more of the thread, you would have seen me say that it was highly unlikely we would want to let him go unless we were signing a couple of strikers from the EPL.

Do you think you maybe waded into a conversation I was having with somebody else without fully understanding what was going on?

apologies. I didn’t get it sorry. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***