• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

The entire Shankland article seems to be based on this quote:

"A transfer is not an option at the moment and we have not yet received any official offer for Lawrence Shankland from any clubs."

That doesn't say "not for sale" to me, it says they can't sell because they haven't received an official offer. And just because they haven't received an official offer doesn't mean there haven't been detailed discussions on price between the clubs.

Changes nothing IMO.

37 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Two 10's and a striker. 

Must mean Boyce is going to be a striker but I'd still be looking for two.

So we're still after Ronan and Grant.   That settles that debate. 

17 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

The entire Shankland article seems to be based on this quote:

"A transfer is not an option at the moment and we have not yet received any official offer for Lawrence Shankland from any clubs."

That doesn't say "not for sale" to me, it says they can't sell because they haven't received an official offer. And just because they haven't received an official offer doesn't mean there haven't been detailed discussions on price between the clubs.

Changes nothing IMO.

Okay so we need to put a final offer in and move on quickly if it’s rejected.

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

So we're still after Ronan and Grant.   That settles that debate. 

Yep both for the number 10 role he mentions.

I'd imagine the CM he's after will be a loan to cover Beni.

Glad to hear we're still after a CB.

I think 6 is the number though, we need 2 strikers.

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Unless they're already banking on Simms returning...

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Sounds to me like Beerschot are just playing hardball.

Or they’re playing to the crowd, mainly their own fans. Making it sound like they’re recovering some of the £1M they spunked last summer when in reality he doesn’t want to be there and they’re scraping what they can for him. 

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah that was disheartening reading only one striker.    Two is essential.   A center back as well.    Basically we still have first team players to fill some gaps.    I agree the CM will be closer to a backup. 

Then after all that's sorted maybe a loan or two.    Keeper maybe and a striker.

Absolute Scenes

just pay the effing fee hearts. Sick of hearing about "gambles" - every signing is a gamble. Just pay the fee, get him in so we can relax. 

loveofthegame
1 hour ago, wheatfieldtosheffield said:

Have I missed something? Who is this Japanese lad to whom you refer?

Sorry laziness on my part, couldn't remember his name or be bothered to look it back up - but now that you have asked, I have..!

We were linked in the January window with Tsyoshi Ogashiwa. There was a lot of speculation that we'd be back in summer to try again after it didn't progress. I've seen literally nothing to suggest we actually are back in for him, so was pure speculation on my part!

Example article from back in December.

Hearts make their move to sign Japanese forward Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa | Edinburgh News (scotsman.com)

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He's also spoken about getting two fast attackers who can play in behind or up front. Doesn't describe Grant or Ronan I don't think.

There's also a bit of ambiguity about whether the 5 includes Grant given it obviously doesn't include Cochrane.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Kidding - maybe.

He's a central part of a team that finished 3rd by a country mile last year and they would easily get 2/3 good years out of him.

And for us to replace him with better would cost 7 figures. That's his value 🤷‍♂️

Yip, it's the value to our team and the cost to replace him that is important. 

Turns out I've watched Jorge Grant in the flesh before. Got a private box in 2017 at Notts County on my stag do, and turns out he was the guy we all chucked money on for first goal. Finished 0-0 😂 Hopefully he's better these days, though to be fair, it was easily the worst game of football I've ever seen 😂

Absolute Scenes
Just now, HMFC01 said:

Yeah that was disheartening reading only one striker.    Two is essential.   A center back as well.    Basically we still have first team players to fill some gaps.    I agree the CM will be closer to a backup. 

Then after all that's sorted maybe a loan or two.    Keeper maybe and a striker.

i think it was more that Boyce is viewed as a striker, as is Hendo: so effectively, if we had Simms/another same-level loan, Shankland, Boyce and Henderson to choose from, that would be tasty

loveofthegame
5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

7... we need a back-up goalkeeper!! No way is Ross Stewart good enough to replace Craigy if he gets injured mid to long term, and I've seen nothing to suggest that Harry Stone is ready for that yet either.

Jambo 4 Ever
21 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Still hurting 😭

Nah

but you were posting nonsense so just wondering what your latest prediction is mate 

2 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Turns out I've watched Jorge Grant in the flesh before. Got a private box in 2017 at Notts County on my stag do, and turns out he was the guy we all chucked money on for first goal. Finished 0-0 😂 Hopefully he's better these days, though to be fair, it was easily the worst game of football I've ever seen 😂

Notts County. similarly a few years ago I watched them when I happened to be down that way. Kane Hemings was playing for them at the time. It was also 0-0 and was also quite an awful game

Jambo 4 Ever
On 24/05/2022 at 15:56, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Anyone knocking about the reserves in the EPL. 

Obafemi I think was a real target, Europe might convince some to head North rather than Champ, particularly given Zombie Nation efforts

Is he still a target I wonder??!

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Notts County. similarly a few years ago I watched them when I happened to be down that way. Kane Hemings was playing for them at the time. It was also 0-0 and was also quite an awful game

Think the key here is to not go to a Notts County game 😂 Thankfully, because we had a box, we chucked the rugby on the telly and just watched that instead of the game itself. Honestly so boring, no good saves or shots or anything happening. Still got a signed shirt from that game so might be the first jambo that has Jorge Grant's autograph, hope he becomes a legend here 😂

Beerschot are definitely just posturing & holding out for more cash. Fair play to them, we've done the same & will continue to.

12 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I wonder if it could be Joe Wright? The lad we had agreed to sign before he had a bad injury and we offered him training facilities.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

just pay the effing fee hearts. Sick of hearing about "gambles" - every signing is a gamble. Just pay the fee, get him in so we can relax. 

Not too sure about relaxing, that isn't important, but I agree  with the general point. 

I hope we don't lose out on players over £50/£100k or the likes. 

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I wonder if it could be Joe Wright? The lad we had agreed to sign before he had a bad injury and we offered him training facilities.

I'm not up on the lad, does he have a good pedigree? Souttar will be a hard replacement.

Just been down to training for a quick nosey. Couldn't get out the car to get a real close look as toddler asleep. No faces I didn't really recognise other than a few young lads. 

only face of interest was jack Hamilton who I am presuming is just using the facilities 

Italian Lambretta
8 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Beerschot are definitely just posturing & holding out for more cash. Fair play to them, we've done the same & will continue to.

When have we ever held out for more money? For the life of me can't remember any. We usually just bend over and take whatever a club is giving to us.

8 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Think the key here is to not go to a Notts County game 😂 Thankfully, because we had a box, we chucked the rugby on the telly and just watched that instead of the game itself. Honestly so boring, no good saves or shots or anything happening. Still got a signed shirt from that game so might be the first jambo that has Jorge Grant's autograph, hope he becomes a legend here 😂

Saw Notts County once v Arsenal in Nottingham. Showing my age here as Charlue Nicholas was playing for Arsenal. Seem to remember former Jambo Justin Fashanau was playing for Notts that day. 

9 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Or they’ve decided a half million loss is too much to bear and they’d rather keep him, like we’d do with Boyce probably

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'm not up on the lad, does he have a good pedigree? Souttar will be a hard replacement.

Don't know much about him either but I saw this online.

He's a big lad at 6'4" but it seems his old club Doncaster are trying to keep him now.

This article is from Feb this year so not sure if we and him are still interested or not.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/joe-wright-offered-hearts-transfer-22959114

Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

When have we ever held out for more money? For the life of me can't remember any. We usually just bend over and take whatever a club is giving to us.

In recent memory

-Walker

-Lafferty

-Souttar

Off the top of my head

If Neilson is only after 1 striker then I'm glad the Shankland deal isn't an option... Simms is the one to throw the kitchen sink at, imo.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Or they’ve decided a half million loss is too much to bear and they’d rather keep him, like we’d do with Boyce probably

Doubt it, they just got relegated, he'll be on a decent wage if they paid £1m & crucially he's not really done that well over there. They're wanting as much back of that fee as they can realistically get & then he'll be away or they risk him walking for nothing in a year having spunked away £1m + another years wages on a dud.

Just now, boag1874 said:

Doubt it, they just got relegated, he'll be on a decent wage if they paid £1m & crucially he's not really done that well over there. They're wanting as much back of that fee as they can realistically get & then he'll be away or they risk him walking for nothing in a year having spunked away £1m + another years wages on a dud.

Why would we want to sign him then? 😍

10 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

In recent memory

-Walker

-Lafferty

-Souttar

Off the top of my head

Ryan McGowan ?

2 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Pretty sure he has 2 years left on his deal. They might think they can get right back up if he does the business in the lower league (sounds familiar) They might also think they’ll need to replace him if he goes and they’ll need the money to do that.

Sounds to me like we’ve discussed it with them and our informal offer hasn’t been enough for them. We need to move on this and not let it drag. Make our best offer. Make it ‘official’ Move on to the next target if it’s not accepted

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

So much for shanks passing through Edinburgh airport eh?

If your talking about the post I think you are, that was from the beginning of the month and the person who originally posted quote tweeted again last week. So people missed it was not a recent sighting.

49 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We also need a better backup goalkeeper.

davemclaren
37 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I went to a Notts County home match in 1978. Don Masson was playing for them that day, as was Arthur Mann. It was the same day as Busby put two past Celtic to beat them 2-0 at Tynie. 

Ainsley Harriott
42 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Nah

but you were posting nonsense so just wondering what your latest prediction is mate 

You seem to take my nonsense awfy seriously. Did the fact I claimed I was Joe Savage not give you a clue? Can we rename you Karen?

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If your talking about the post I think you are, that was from the beginning of the month and the person who originally posted quote tweeted again last week. So people missed it was not a recent sighting.

Ok cheers.

Ainsley Harriott
42 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Is he still a target I wonder??!

He never was a target you will realise he's posting nonsense like eveyone does on here and get all angry with him soon

10 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Don't Believe Everything You See (or Read) | LevLane Advertising

Given that it’s in a newspaper from a reasonably reliable source with quotes from the club chairman, I think we can assume that we haven’t YET made an acceptable offer for him. The rest is just smoke and mirrors  that neither club would want to talk about at this stage anyway.

10 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

We also need a better backup goalkeeper.

McCrorie from Rangers is wanting away since McGregor signed a new deal and only 24.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***