*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Dick Dastardly
18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Pars have made a couple of good signings. Hamilton and Benedictus. 

I've only seen Hamilton a couple of times and he looked decent at a lower level. Benedictus is a name I'm familiar with but i wouldn't be able to rate his ability. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I can see the headlines now. Utd Shocked and disappointed at not receiving compensation. 

I'm reality they know fine well they have messed it up.

4 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Aye will be big bad Hearts again

2 minutes ago, RDSK said:

“Self Interested Hearts Ignore United Plea for Payout”

Media will probably blame Vlad.

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I would think that Savage and Neilson will have looked at this pretty carefully before signing him.  I think it’s just Dundee United trying to screw something for them, and for us to avoid the hassle of a tribunal. Time will tell though. We seem pretty comfortable with the situation.

I think it’s more the club lawyer would sanction the go-ahead based on the perceived risks. 

john thomas
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Are we able to pull out of the deal if we don't agree with the outcome?

Don't expect you to know the answer to that !

He is our player now .

40 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

We only really need two better than him. The others would be subs / backup. We can't possibly sustain 3 or 4 strikers of Boyce's quaility. Shankland and Simms would be enough as long as we had some backup for them. Boyce might not be first choice any more and might not be happy sitting on the bench at this stage in his career. His stock will plummet dramatically. Maybe he'll want to play and if we can't offer that then I wouldn't be surprised if conversations were ongoing. 

I think it would be pretty acceptable for him to leave for a half-decent fee and to be replaced with Shankland on a 3y deal and Simms on loan. Sign big Andy Carroll on a 1y deal to come off the bench every other game and have Hendo and/or Kirk sitting in the ranks to avoid fatigue and we're sorted :D 

That would be as good a free signing as any for a striker of his type but I'd put him through a rigorous medical first.  He would of course have to realise that he cannot now command the size of wage he will have been used to but after this month I assume he will be earning nothing, so who knows.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think it’s more the club lawyer would sanction the go-ahead based on the perceived risks. 

That was my thinking at the time we signed him. Like we’ve come to the conclusion that we want him anyway, we MIGHT end up having to pay the training fees, we MIGHT not though because the agent is telling us there is a procedural error by UtD. I’m sure UTD must have spoken to us early doors and said they were due training compensation. It will have been discussed no doubt

Pretty sure we’ll have a contingency for this and we might even settle it with them outwith the tribunal once we see their paperwork.

davemclaren
Just now, JimmyCant said:

That was my thinking at the time we signed him. Like we’ve come to the conclusion that we want him anyway, we MIGHT end up having to pay the training fees, we MIGHT not though because the agent is telling us there is a procedural error by UtD. I’m sure UTD must have spoken to us early doors and said they were due training compensation. It will have been discussed no doubt

Pretty sure we’ll have a contingency for this and we might even settle it with them outwith the tribunal once we see their paperwork.

Some pre-tribunal settlement is very possible imo. Saves a lot of lawyer fees. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Only saves lawyer fees if we lose.  UTD pay all lawyer fees if they lose 

Edited by brux

20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Are we able to pull out of the deal if we don't agree with the outcome?

Don't expect you to know the answer to that !

Perhaps if his agents lied and we have evidence of that? Would be messy though. Also find it hard to believe that due diligence wasn’t done in advance. We’re not going to chance our luck when the quoted potential development fee is as high as that. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

If they’ve got the paperwork to prove they offered him an improved deal, we’d lose the tribunal anyway. Show us that proof and I’m sure we’ll settle it.

Jambo in Bathgate
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I’m sure we will have budgeted for this signing. We are looking for them to negotiate. Especially if they have made a mistake. They won’t get full development fee. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, brux said:

Only saves lawyer fees if we lose.  UTD pay all lawyer fees if they lose 

Or we could both have to pay our own lawyers fees. I think there must be some dubiety if UTD are still pushing it so it all depends on our view of the risks off going to a tribunal. 

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That would be as good a free signing as any for a striker of his type but I'd put him through a rigorous medical first.  He would of course have to realise that he cannot now command the size of wage he will have been used to but after this month I assume he will be earning nothing, so who knows.

Just pay him per goal. 

Aberdeen have got about as much chance of us selling Boyce to them as they do building their new ground. No way we'd sell our only striker to a direct rival unless they pay well over the odds, especially seeing as they just made a ton of cash on Ramsay.

I'd move Boyce.  31 years old.  Needs 10 chances to convert 1 and that is typically the rebound from a missed penalty.

Simms and Shankland + a rabbit out the hat.

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yep, undoubtedly the legality of it will have been thoroughly researched. This situation seems to happen with almost every youngster that leaves the club he’s been with for years here at the end of their contract. 

15 minutes ago, OTT said:

Perhaps if his agents lied and we have evidence of that? Would be messy though. Also find it hard to believe that due diligence wasn’t done in advance. We’re not going to chance our luck when the quoted potential development fee is as high as that. 

As far as I understand it any offer has to be made in writing within a given time frame so it should be very easy to prove or dispove.

It may be that hidden in the rules somewhere they may be entitled to a lesser compensation amount for the years they have had him on thie books.

Jambo 4 Ever
12 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'd be over the moon if we signed Shankland. 

Can we bring up the old Shankland thread to see who didn't rate him, please?

Thanks. 

There’s already another thread about him 

Batistuta87
12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

He was only on £1k pw at Reading. West Brom brought him in hoping he would help them get promoted and they chucked a fairly decent wage at him, but aye they didn't manage and will be releasing him at the end of the month at which point he'll be earning nothing. There's every chance that £3-5k pw in Edinburgh and playing in UEL/UECL could interest him. Personally I think he would be brilliant up here. 

Dick Dastardly

Have we had confirmation that Rowles has clearance to play for us yet? I don't think I've read about it anywhere. I guess it's just a formality anyway but i would have thought it would have been mentioned by now. 

We_are_the_Hearts

Mental that folk would let Boyce go. Was growing into his new role well and was easily our most creative player in the final. His link up play helped Simms become the star he did. Can be frustrating at times but never hid. An essential part of the squad this season. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Just pay him per goal. 

Have never been a fan of this "incentive".

It could cause the strker to be greedy, and miss, when there are better passing options.

8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He was only on £1k pw at Reading. West Brom brought him in hoping he would help them get promoted and they chucked a fairly decent wage at him, but aye they didn't manage and will be releasing him at the end of the month at which point he'll be earning nothing. There's every chance that £3-5k pw in Edinburgh and playing in UEL/UECL could interest him. Personally I think he would be brilliant up here. 

The "old" Andy Carroll would have been a wow but injuries will have taken their toll.  I still think he would do a more than reasonable job.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Aberdeen have got about as much chance of us selling Boyce to them as they do building their new ground. No way we'd sell our only striker to a direct rival unless they pay well over the odds, especially seeing as they just made a ton of cash on Ramsay.

Exactly this and for the same reasons, if we do actually sell it can only be good news, Sheep would basically be funding our upgrade. We dont need to sell and if we do, we are the daddy

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Boyce is criminally under rated by so many. He is easy to go unnoticed,  goals dry up with little to attack,  playing deeper often with his back to goal closing down 3 or 4 defenders and the keeper by himself. 

I have had a similar belief he doesn't create or score many. The next game i went to I spent the most of the 90 just fixated on him watching him. He works harder than most, alone. He is constantly trying to get the ball and he goes deep just to get it. Has excellent first touch and ball control and constantly plays others in rather than create the chance for himself.

I actually feel sorry for him and more so when the crowd are on his case because they don't notice the difference he makes

100%

Hes one of the few players opposition managers regularly praise. 

Folk that understand football appreciate Boycey. 

Think our very own McKay has praised him as well. 

He has limits but at our level he is quality. 

Even if we do keep him, we need to get another couple of strikers. 

Letting him go means that we have no strikers that we had last season  and we are starting from scratch in that area. 

It's something we will want to avoid as losing players and then rebuilding is a big reason why we've only managed 3rd in consecutive seasons once in 50 years. 

Boyce wanting some security is a great point tho, it's also about what he wants. 

I wouldn't let him go unless for relatively stupid money. 

Rick Sanchez

Two 10's and a striker. 

Must mean Boyce is going to be a striker but I'd still be looking for two.

Robbie saying in the EEN we are looking at another 5 players, central midfielder, RCB, striker and a couple who can play the No.10 role. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Andy Caroll.

******* 'ell

Too many folk do drugs. 

Too many drugs. 

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It could cause the strker to be greedy, and miss, when there are better passing options.

Be surprised if any strikers aren't on some form of goal incentive.

Dick Dastardly
15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's just married amd has a £5 million house in Essex. I think he would probably be looking for a club down south. I doubt his new wife would let him move up here alone after his "3 in a bed stag do romp"! 

If he was interested, a years contract could be a success. I always liked him and i think he would be a good fit for Scottish football

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Never paying that for a 31yo. He's worth about £500k or so. 

Its not what he is literally worth in this case though. I find this story quite amusing, if Aberdeen are seriously interested, I doubt they are, posturing, it would leave them seriously exposed to Gorgie rule. A real win this for us, whatever happens

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Lets just wait until next year when he's out of contract, the Belgians are taking the piss.

Just now, Newton51 said:

A nothing article,they will be trying to get him off the wage bill it just says they've not received a real bid 

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Be surprised if any strikers aren't on some form of goal incentive.

I think pretty much every player gets a goal bonus. Whether its per goal or after a certain amount of goals, or both, will vary from player to player. 

We've two months to get Shankland if we want him bad enough and can manage a deal.

Not really much to the story.

Nookie Bear
12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Have you seen him play for Reading or WBA?

I have indeed, when he's fit.

Whatever quality he has, he would be an expensive liability that will spend more room onthe treatment table than on the pitch.

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Does anyone know if Jorge Grant would be played as a No10 or more a central sitting midfielder?

Think I read he'd played as a 10 for Lincoln but Peterborough played him as more of a holding midfielder. Think that could be why he didn't do as well at Peterborough. 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Just the usual games with the club holding the registration looking to maximise the fee they get.  The Record as usual wetting themselves in the hope it goes tits up for us.

Yeah, what a club says in public and what it says in private are two very different things.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Maybe Shankland will submit a transfer request, a bit more wheeling and dealing to be done 

Jambo 4 Ever
On 21/06/2022 at 15:12, Ainsley Harriott said:

I said 3pm somewhere and didn't actually say today 

So what’s your latest?

RustyRightPeg
26 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Every striker in world football will be on a goal bonus. If they aren’t they should sack their agent . 

I suppose Shankland is no more for sale than Boyce is for us. If we want him we best make the right moves to get him. The forward line is one we need to get right and the sooner the better, it making me nervous.

Edited by jambopilms

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***