*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Reckon we would get Simms for about £1M - £1.5M and that if we matched his Everton deal which is supposed to be £7-8k pw for 3y, then he would come. I have absolutely no doubt that if he performs to the same level he did last season, or better, then we sell him this time next year for £4-5M. 

Are you seriously suggesting that we would pay 1.5 million for a player ? On top of that paying him 8k a week might just upset what seems to be a relatively happy dressing room. I'd love to have him back but realistically it's another loan.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

15 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Boyce will not be first pick next year. If we could use the cash on something better. Would be OK with it. 700k will do.

More guess work. How do you know he won't be first pick? 

He has played from the start almost every week when fit since he signed.

Boyce is starting 11 at the moment, we need to get a few in to be able to bench him.

We need to shift GMS , Ginnley before Boyce.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
6 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Not getting the Shankland love in here. Terrible player who has failed to make the grade in any way.

We must think bigger than this

No terrible. Probably about Boyce level all round game and a better finisher.

36 minutes ago, TommyC said:

Think that's nonsense. We wouldn't want to lose him. He wouldn't want to go.

Spot on,  and Boyce in an interview during last season we talking quite openly about having a young kid just starting school and wanting to stay at Hearts as feeling settled.    Suprised by these rumours would imagine he would only be tempted by a good step up in cash which I think is unlikely.  

AlphonseCapone

Tbf, it says Aberdeen are interested in him, which is different from us or Boyce being interested in making any deals. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Hood09 said:

What if selling Boyce enabled Simms ?

Why would they be linked? 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Leisham38 said:

The Experess and Sun strangely running stories on Boyce being targeted.

Could mean a few things. Agent not happy at wages being offered to the likes of Shankland and wanting a better deal or Hearts are looking to generate interest as he is no longer in plans??

these things rarely happen by accident.

Could easily be true and rarely smoke.......

SM Sheffield
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Indeed. Contracts about to expire in England and the market will be opened up. Probably better players than Shankland out there for no fee. Berahino for example ( yes…. Wages) but the point stands. I’d like Shankland and I don’t actually think £500k is too much but we’ve got to be careful what we’re paying and what we’re committing too for wages as all that money might be a one off.

Saido Berahino that was recently at Hillsborough?

He is a footballer that is moving in the wrong trajectory career wise and would be a terrible investment. I was really unimpressed with what I saw of him in Sheffield.

Heartsofgold
6 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

I'm going for none today or tomorrow, followed by a 12 page meltdown on here about the club not getting it's finger out etc, etc, etc.

I'm half right on this prediction so far.....

Will be VERY happy to be proved wrong.

SM Sheffield

I really do not see Boyce to Aberdeen happening. The club surely will not sell to a direct rival for European spots and it is doubtful the player would be interested in a downgrade career wise. Ipswich have signed Ladapo from Rotherham too who is a number 10 type of forward

I wouldn't sell boyce unless someone gives us a million, we don't need to sell and retaining him keeps the strength in depth of our squad up, if we did sell though we would need to bring in 3 strikers.

Boyce started well but between January and May he put in some absolutely shocking performances.

I know he has had problems with fitness but some games I saw he could barely control a 10 yard pass. 

If the club decide it's time to move him on then that's good enough for me.

Vlad the impaler

Hearts fans on here desperate to be rid of Boyes baffle me. Great scoring record since signing,great at linking play and holding the ball up and we want to gift wrap him for a potential rival in the league. Eh naw. Reminds me when Djoum got the same treatment,couldn’t replace him

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Absolutely not ITK in the slightest but paying for Grant has to make it very unlikely we are still in for Ronan. Different players but would seem a lot of investment in what would fill one position in our current system.

Edited by Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Why would Boyce want to relocate his family to that freezing cold hell hole virtually on the edge of the Arctic Circle, and play for that tinpot has-been club? 

Even if we were prepared to sell him, why on earth would anyone willingly go the shitey wee sheep?

Doubt it'll happen.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Reckon we would get Simms for about £1M - £1.5M and that if we matched his Everton deal which is supposed to be £7-8k pw for 3y, then he would come. I have absolutely no doubt that if he performs to the same level he did last season, or better, then we sell him this time next year for £4-5M. 

The problem with this approach is you are putting all your eggs in one basket.  If we are already paying those wages then fair enough, but if our top wage is 5k, he'd be on 50% or so more than everyone else.

Personally if we were looking to do such a deal, we'd be far better off foregoing the financial rewards in order to reduce financial risk.  Get Simms for way less than 500k, pay him in line with everyone else, and give both Everton and Simms a decent share of any future transfer fee.

If we could really sell him in a year for 4m, we could take 1.5m, give Everton 1.5m, and Simms 1m.  Then Simms would've made over 20k per week.

Boyce is 31. If we can get decent money for him, I think the club has to look at that. If we can get a younger replacement for less money then it makes a lot of sense. 

Believe he high earner so think there is reasonable argument he is 31 year old player who never had great season and could be in decline so could make sense to move him on if there are other better options to replace him with.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Boyce is 31. If we can get decent money for him, I think the club has to look at that. If we can get a younger replacement for less money then it makes a lot of sense. 

Agree. If you can do Boyce for Shankland and make a bit of money in the process it's something you have to consider. Obviously depth problems are still there though.

Grant, Ronan, Shankland and Simms would be great.  There is urgency as Robbie has said he wants new signings in pre season training.

RustyRightPeg
32 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Not getting the Shankland love in here. Terrible player who has failed to make the grade in any way.

We must think bigger than this

You’re late to the party mate. Folk have changed their tunes on him and actually want him now. 

While Boyce's football skills are good. His lack of pace was really shown up. When the ball was punted forward and Simms won a knock on invariably there was no one ahead of him to run onto the ball. If we can find a number 10 with genuine pace I wouldn't be averse to selling Boyce.

Edited by dougal

SM Sheffield
1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Agree. If you can do Boyce for Shankland and make a bit of money in the process it's something you have to consider. Obviously depth problems are still there though.

Different types of player though surely?

Boyce is no longer a goal scorer type but he adds a lot of value to the team in other areas of his game. We will probably get more goals from Shankland but we will not get that overall contribution from Shankland. They are different players with different strengths.

Boyce might not get more than 10 goals a season for us nowadays but his contribution in other aspects is underrated in my opinion. The team had nothing in the cup final against Rangers when Boyce went off. If Boyce leaves he needs replacing with another similar type of player in my opinion. Shankland is a completely different forward

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Remember Aberdeen tried to sign Souttar from us a few seasons back.  Also Boyle from hibs. 

Good point. 

Throwing numbers about trying to stay relevant 

Can we make a Shankland thread so the majority of posters can say they want him, a few say they don't then people reply saying that he'll score the chances we make?

It's been the same posts over and over and over again for bloody months now!

Italian Lambretta
8 minutes ago, Ruuuudy said:

Why 2 clubs in for him all of a sudden - genuine question - or media pish ?

It's probably just a deflection tactic by Aberdeen so they can go after Ronan. I doubt very much they want Boyce or Boyce would want to play in that shite hole.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 minute ago, SM Sheffield said:

Different types of player though surely?

Boyce is no longer a goal scorer type but he adds a lot of value to the team in other areas of his game. We will probably get more goals from Shankland but we will not get that overall contribution from Shankland. They are different players with different strengths.

Boyce might not get more than 10 goals a season for us nowadays but his contribution in other aspects is underrated in my opinion. The team had nothing in the cup final against Rangers when Boyce went off. If Boyce leaves he needs replacing with another similar type of player in my opinion. Shankland is a completely different forward

Shankland in his last season at Dundee Utd did a lot of the same stuff Boyce does for us, linking play, dropping pretty deep. One of the best strikers in the league that season in terms of linking play and really good scoring efficiency despite playing in a terrible Utd team. Shankland is a better all round player than he is given credit for.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Good point. 

Throwing numbers about trying to stay relevant 

Unlike myself who throws shapes about. 

33 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Tbf, it says Aberdeen are interested in him, which is different from us or Boyce being interested in making any deals. 

Yep. I'm also interested in Kelly Brook. For either to happen, it would take an absolute shed load of money and a severe lapse of judgement from said individual 😂

Tom Hardy’s Dug
41 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Boyce is starting 11 at the moment, we need to get a few in to be able to bench him.

We need to shift GMS , Ginnley before Boyce.

Ideally yes.

But if selling Boyce allowed us to sign someone better than him in his place as a first team starter then we don’t lose out.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Yep. I'm also interested in Kelly Brook. For either to happen, it would take an absolute shed load of money and a severe lapse of judgement from said individual 😂

Would you complain if you got her?

If we can get Simms, without borrowing money, then we should. If that means skipping on Shankland and/or selling Boyce we should. Imo.

I genuinely think he's worth it and will make us good money in a few years.

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Would you complain if you got her?

Be delighted initially, but buyers regret after a couple of months I reckon 😂

33 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Hearts fans on here desperate to be rid of Boyes baffle me. Great scoring record since signing,great at linking play and holding the ball up and we want to gift wrap him for a potential rival in the league. Eh naw. Reminds me when Djoum got the same treatment,couldn’t replace him

Exactly. It’s ridiculous. Maybe Boyce won’t play every game but he’s incredibly important and in a season which will be chockablock with games we will need him. Very good player and one that always worries opposing teams. 

Boyce only has a few years left in him and he has to try get his biggest payday before retirement. Aberdeen may be offering stupid money or his agent drumming up interest to get him a new improve contract from hearts

38 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Glad I played golf this afternoon and missed absolutely feck all. 

Me too, and I played well, and got a two, so £20 better off.

Just now, gov said:

Boyce only has a few years left in him and he has to try get his biggest payday before retirement. Aberdeen may be offering stupid money or his agent drumming up interest to get him a new improve contract from hearts

Think we'd be stupid to entertain a sale. We don't need the money, I'd say if we're selling a player for under £1.5/2m the problems in replacing him aren't worth the transfer fee. End up either paying over the odds or having to take a gamble. 

We know what Boyce can do and assuming we sign Shankland we have depth up front that every side outside of the OF would be envious of. 

Beyond that, selling to a domestic rival isn't something the club should entertain. Can you imagine the utter rage that would happen if Boyce hit 20 goals (which he's capable of doing at this level) and they pip us to 3rd?

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***