*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye look at Aberdeen right enough. Their prized assets nearly got them dragged into a relegation fight last season and they’ve cashed in in their best player. Now they’ve got a massive squad rebuild on their hands with an untested manager and a lot of money to find for a crumbling stadium they’ve done feck all about for 20 plus years.

Thanks but I’ll take the Hearts model, building sensibly with affordable decent players, improving year on year and not doing anything daft if you get a windfall.

Doesn't deflect from the facts they put decent contracts together, the 2 are not mutually exclusive

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Doesn't deflect from the facts they put decent contracts together, the 2 are not mutually exclusive

Aye okay, let’s re-visit this if we sell Beni for £4million and finish 9th. See how it goes down 

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Going crazy is exactly what your suggesting we do for Simms. Closer to the OF ? Does it really matter if the gap goes from 25 points to 15 points ? It matters more than we solidify 3rd. You don’t need to spend millions to do that

It's about getting as far as possible in Europe rather than closer to the bum cheeks. Whatever the competition we're in a couple of ties against but European times could transform our finances.

9 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

If the players won't sign a new contracts your argument falls down.

Paterson, Hickey & Souttar would all have gone for big money had they signed extensions.

8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It's about getting as far as possible in Europe rather than closer to the bum cheeks. Whatever the competition we're in a couple of ties against but European times could transform our finances.

Totally agree but you still need to be careful. missing out on Europe just one year if you’ve over committed finances would be a disaster. Little sustainable steps. 

Batistuta87
35 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

only if the price and contract length are right

A one year deal  costing £2 million, wages at £20k a week with a £2million release clause might be a terrible investment.

We have to trust our management to negotiate the best deals - it's a simple as that

Reckon we would get Simms for about £1M - £1.5M and that if we matched his Everton deal which is supposed to be £7-8k pw for 3y, then he would come. I have absolutely no doubt that if he performs to the same level he did last season, or better, then we sell him this time next year for £4-5M. 

2 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

Out of the 3, the Shankland one seems the one most in doubt. Hopefully we can reach an agreement soon.

Lets hope so because as of right now we still don't have a striker and he's the only one we appear to be gunning for...

No updates from pre-season training, no interviews, nothing at all. Maybe they are busy interviewing new players. Maybe they have a day off because nothing is happening.

The Experess and Sun strangely running stories on Boyce being targeted.

Could mean a few things. Agent not happy at wages being offered to the likes of Shankland and wanting a better deal or Hearts are looking to generate interest as he is no longer in plans??

these things rarely happen by accident.

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

Boyce wanted by Aberdeen and Ipswich according to sun

If he went to Ipswich, he wouldn't be playing against us, but if it were Aberdeen, we would be looking for a big chunk of that Calvin Ramsey cash.

I feel a 'double signing Thursday' will be the order of the day tomorrow. A nice wee reward for snapping up all those lovely season tickets...

Just now, Leisham38 said:

The Experess and Sun strangely running stories on Boyce being targeted.

Could mean a few things. Agent not happy at wages being offered to the likes of Shankland and wanting a better deal or Hearts are looking to generate interest as he is no longer in plans??

these things rarely happen by accident.

I wouldn't want him going to one of our arrivals, however if we are able to bring better in then it may work out for both parties. The natural progression is to improve the team so some players will inevitably move on. 

Berra than you

Possibly nothing, but did notice on the training video yesterday, Boyce didn't have a squad number on his shorts. Neither did any of the new boys, but the ones who were here last season all did.

If we want to be a team in the mix for 3rd then Boyce is a great striker.... if our ambition is higher then he will not be in the starting 11.

To be fair that can be said about almost everyone bar Gordon... probably Kinsley and Beni too.

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Possibly nothing, but did notice on the training video yesterday, Boyce didn't have a squad number on his shorts. Neither did any of the new boys, but the ones who were here last season all did.

I've seen players wearing each others jackets etc, sure one of the guys had a jacket worn by Glen Whelan or someone like him. Wouldnt read too much into that, good observation though!

16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hearts face a fight to keep Boyce.😂😂😂😂

Ma arse.

Sell FFS. He’s on the way down, becoming injury prone, he’s not clinical and he’s barely got a year left in him

Ainsley Harriott
23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Reckon we would get Simms for about £1M - £1.5M and that if we matched his Everton deal which is supposed to be £7-8k pw for 3y, then he would come. I have absolutely no doubt that if he performs to the same level he did last season, or better, then we sell him this time next year for £4-5M. 

There's not a chance we are paying over a million for any one player. Seriously this place sometimes 

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Shankland is the one I want to see get done, we are really short of options up top

The one with the most doubt from the article 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Boyce needed a break.

Robbie will know soon enough whether or not it has rejuvenated him. 

If not and we can get cash for him then sell him. He wouldn’t be the first out of our attacking set I would want to move on but if he hasn’t regained his spark and say we need to sell him to help fund Simms then that’s the way the world goes round….

scott herbertson
28 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

If that initial statement is right I would agree with you, though there is always a risk (form, injury). He's an exciting player and I really want us to  get him in, if at all possible

Batistuta87

Depends on the money but if it was a case of Boyce out, Shankland in, with us breaking even or having a low net spend (i.e. getting £300k or so for LB and spending £400-500k on LS) then I think I would be pretty tempted to be honest. Boyce was very poor towards the end of the season there and was shocking in front of goal. In a team finishing a strong third in the league, he really should have hit about 20 goals. I love him, love his effort and there's no doubting he's a very good footballer, but it might just about be time for him to move on, especially if there's a half decent fee (and a half decent wage on the other side for him) involved. 

Would rather not sell him to Aberdeen though. 

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

£2.4m for Boyce please.

He's our #1 striker...

16 goals last season, strikers with these stats don't come cheap

18 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

if you look at the 1st team squad on hearts website, none of the loans from last season are in the squad apart from simms, looks a stick on to be back, well i'm hoping it's an omen

Batistuta87
7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

There's not a chance we are paying over a million for any one player. Seriously this place sometimes 

I never said we would, was only saying what I think it would take. Note the use of the words "I reckon" 

Seriously, this place sometimes. 

No danger Boyce goes from an absolute mainstay in the team that finished 3rd and got to a Cup final to being sold to a team that we'd see as potential challengers for 3rd place.  I'm calling shenanigans on it. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, feej said:

16 goals last season, strikers with these stats don't come cheap

I’d discount the pens and group league cup goals to be honest - as the league cup was shit (other than Celtic) and I’d want a better pen taker than Boyce next season.

How many goals does that leave? 10?

(genuine question)

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

No danger Boyce goes from an absolute mainstay in the team that finished 3rd and got to a Cup final to being sold to a team that we'd see as potential challengers for 3rd place.  I'm calling shenanigans on it. 

Yip , it’s like most things in the media,

Cack!

Dick Dastardly
7 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

if you look at the 1st team squad on hearts website, none of the loans from last season are in the squad apart from simms, looks a stick on to be back, well i'm hoping it's an omen

That is a bit strange. None of the new signings are on either. It's probably just a mistake

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I do agree - sounds like a weird story. Of all the players we have for there to be reported interest in….

Seems a bit odd. But odd enough for me to wonder why it’s been placed in the papers…

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

Not since December…

Even Beni scored as many as him did he not after Xmas?

No chance Aberdeen. Thinking they are a big club 🤣🤣. Boyce is an integral part of our squad and it’s a laughable story. Unless Robbie or he thinks it’s time to go then it’s illusions of grandeur from the sheep. They should stick to being Celtics B team. 

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The one with the most doubt from the article 

Not sure they really have much info to go on! 

johnking123
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

No chance Aberdeen. Thinking they are a big club 🤣🤣. Boyce is an integral part of our squad and it’s a laughable story. Unless Robbie or he thinks it’s time to go then it’s illusions of grandeur from the sheep. They should stick to being Celtics B team. 

Boyce will not be first pick next year. If we could use the cash on something better. Would be OK with it. 700k will do.

7 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Boyce will not be first pick next year. If we could use the cash on something better. Would be OK with it. 700k will do.

Reckon it would take 700/750 k for for us to consider selling,  at that price I wouldn't  be unhappy at letting him go tbh 

Batistuta87
12 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

With all due respect to Aberdeen, no player these days sees them as a step up from Hearts. 

Not that they're due any respect, but I don't think anyone sees it that way. 

Boyce to Aberdeen is laughable. We’d be looking for north of £1m. We wouldn’t pay £1m for our a player ourselves, so I doubt Aberdeen can afford him. 

Edited by OTT

Rick Sanchez

IF we could find someone solid in the 10 and IF we could successfully use part of his sale to finance Simms...I would entertain it.

Grant could be that man in the 10.

The Mercer Takeover

Not getting the Shankland love in here. Terrible player who has failed to make the grade in any way.

We must think bigger than this

25 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’d discount the pens and group league cup goals to be honest - as the league cup was shit (other than Celtic) and I’d want a better pen taker than Boyce next season.

How many goals does that leave? 10?

(genuine question)

Think you're right, quite like Boyce, wouldnt want him going to a rival

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***