*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Mr Elwood P
Just now, karipidis said:

I don’t think you can include the League cup group games due to the pre season feel around them. 

Didn't have much of a pre-season feel when we came up a goal shy last summer ....

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

I rate Boyce very highly. Very clever player. Unfortunately, he has directly suffered from us not having a Harley/Cameron type player who gets  beyond our front players. 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Didn't have much of a pre-season feel when we came up a goal shy last summer ....

Inverness was first game I got back to after the covid stoppage. Weird atmosphere  with limited numbers allowed but not like a pre-season game. Players put in a big effort.

Phil D. Corners

Selling Boyce… :facepalm: 

If he took all his chances he would earning a lot more then he does at Hearts. Still a great player. 

The chat reeks of interlopers. 

1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

I rate Boyce very highly. Very clever player. Unfortunately, he has directly suffered from us not having a Harley/Cameron type player who gets  beyond our front players. 

He misses too many chances though. I get different team mates could have helped but as a team we missed far too many chances last season and he was the one who seemed to miss the most.

loveofthegame

If we sell Boyce, we need three strikers and need to replace 16 goals from last season (plus Woodburn scored 3/4 and Simms 5/6) - so we'd really need those three strikers to contribute at least 25 goals.

Boyce is a very clever footballer but, despite his goals contribution, I don't think he is a natural finisher. Misses a lot of big chances.

Ultimately I'd rather we keep him but play him in the 10 role - he isn't a number 9 and doesn't fit into the 3-4-3 (as showed badly in the cup final). He is a valuable member of the squad and we'd have to have Simms, Shankland and possibly the Japanese lad lined up before I would even consider selling him.

14 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Why would Boyce want to relocate his family to that freezing cold hell hole virtually on the edge of the Arctic Circle, and play for that tinpot has-been club? 

Even if we were prepared to sell him, why on earth would anyone willingly go the shitey wee sheep?

Doubt it'll happen.

Only way it happens is that by the end of the transfer window Boyce is seen as 3rd or 4th choice in both 9 and 10 positions, so unless we get Grant, Shankland, Ronan, Simms and another player better than Boyce it’s not happening

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

If we sell Boyce, we need three strikers and need to replace 16 goals from last season (plus Woodburn scored 3/4 and Simms 5/6) - so we'd really need those three strikers to contribute at least 25 goals.

Boyce is a very clever footballer but, despite his goals contribution, I don't think he is a natural finisher. Misses a lot of big chances.

Ultimately I'd rather we keep him but play him in the 10 role - he isn't a number 9 and doesn't fit into the 3-4-3 (as showed badly in the cup final). He is a valuable member of the squad and we'd have to have Simms, Shankland and possibly the Japanese lad lined up before I would even consider selling him.

agreed with all of the above

Re Boyce, why he might be interested in a move, he's 32 before next season is out, and I think he might be in the last year of his contract. If Aberdeen have suggested to his agent that there might be a 3 or 4 year deal on the table, whereas Hearts have perhaps been less forthcoming, you can see why the move might be attractive to him.

fabienleclerq
3 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Boyce is criminally under rated by so many. He is easy to go unnoticed,  goals dry up with little to attack,  playing deeper often with his back to goal closing down 3 or 4 defenders and the keeper by himself. 

I have had a similar belief he doesn't create or score many. The next game i went to I spent the most of the 90 just fixated on him watching him. He works harder than most, alone. He is constantly trying to get the ball and he goes deep just to get it. Has excellent first touch and ball control and constantly plays others in rather than create the chance for himself.

I actually feel sorry for him and more so when the crowd are on his case because they don't notice the difference he makes

Agreed.

Whe do we fly to Spain for the training camp? 🤔 

Like to see some players in for flying out 

Reckon we'll see Grant announced today minimum after he agreed his release from Peterborough 

47 minutes ago, Homme said:

Boyce will stay unless there is a ridiculous offer. The club value him a lot more than some fans do thankfully.

Personally I love the guy and hope he sticks around. We are a better team with him in it.

Spot on. 

Just now, Spookie said:

Reckon we'll see Grant announced today minimum after he agreed his release from Peterborough 

Fly out Friday morning from what I've heard so you would hope there would be movement today!

11 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Re Boyce, why he might be interested in a move, he's 32 before next season is out, and I think he might be in the last year of his contract. If Aberdeen have suggested to his agent that there might be a 3 or 4 year deal on the table, whereas Hearts have perhaps been less forthcoming, you can see why the move might be attractive to him.

I can see that being a possibility. I don’t think that there is any chance of Boyce moving though unless we have an upgrade on him signed. If Aberdeen do want him, they better be prepared to pay top dollar for him. I just wonder if his agent might be behind the stuff coming out in the Sun. 

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

I’m not a massive fan of Boyce simply because he’s not a penalty box striker, that said I have no doubt he offers a lot in other areas and can hold a player off. If we get a striker in there will still be a job for Boyce to do. If we get Simms back on loan plus another (Shankland?) then Boyce may be on his way. 

Or we use all 3 throughout the season. 🤷‍♂️

We need more options, cover and depth. 

Selling Boyce if we got Simms and Shankland would be pointless unless we replaced Boyce as well. 

We are trying to build a better squad. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

We should only move on Boyce if we can get someone better and give us a high transfer fee.

And/ Or he wants to go. 

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Or just acknowledge most people who know something about football rate Boyce as a very good player. Maybe not a prolific goalscorer but great at link up play, strong and works his bollocks off.

Hearts are much better with him than without him ATM. 

So folk who have reservations about him "know nothing about football"?

Sure.

The Black Prince

Hello, long time lurker from Oz, since Cammy D and Nat A joined, but you chaps have just signed one of my favourite players from my local club, so I need to comment. (Devastated he's gone, but hardly surprised.)

You are going to loooooove Kye Rowles. I've been watching his career closely since he was captain of our Joeys at the U17 World Cup - where he was a standout. I was overjoyed when he signed for the Mariners at 18, and while he did take a couple of years to adapt to the pressure and pace of the pro League he eventually blossomed into an absolute star. Easily one of the best CBs in the A League over the last two seasons and was recently rewarded with his first international caps.

See if you can find some footage of the game against Peru. It was an intercontinental playoff for a spot at the World Cup and Kye was MOTM in only his third international. He's a monster in the air, a beast in the tackle, superbly positioned and plays out really well. Can run with the ball or play 40 metre passes onto the toe of a striker. He's going to be a long term Socceroo and will almost certainly be captain in a year or two. Will be one of the first picked for Qatar in November so don't let him get injured!

The A League is played across spring, summer, autumn so is a bit slower than the leagues of cold Europe. He might take a little while to adjust so be patient, but also be excited. He's one hell of a player.

johnking123
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

And/ Or he wants to go. 

He could want to go. He probably won't be first pick.  But still very good player to have around as it will be long season. Guess we will find out in the coming weeks.

I must've missed in the depths of this thread that Chris Hamilton has signed for Dunfermline Athletic after his contract expired. His boyhood team apparently and I'm sure he will do well there.

Dick Dastardly
9 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

I must've missed in the depths of this thread that Chris Hamilton has signed for Dunfermline Athletic after his contract expired. His boyhood team apparently and I'm sure he will do well there.

I had it in my head that he had signed for Livvy! Anyway, good luck to the guy. Shame it didn't work out for him here. 

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I had it in my head that he had signed for Livvy! Anyway, good luck to the guy. Shame it didn't work out for him here. 

Jamie Brandon went to Livvy that's probably the one your thinking of. 

Dick Dastardly
Just now, PapaShango said:

Jamie Brandon went to Livvy that's probably the one your thinking of. 

Yup, that's the one! Cheers

RustyRightPeg
35 minutes ago, Spookie said:

tomorrow AM 

Nookie Bear
44 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I can see that being a possibility. I don’t think that there is any chance of Boyce moving though unless we have an upgrade on him signed. If Aberdeen do want him, they better be prepared to pay top dollar for him. I just wonder if his agent might be behind the stuff coming out in the Sun. 

If Aberdeen are pushing for £4m for lewis Ferguson then they can stump up £2m for Boyce.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

So we are going to find 3/4 strikers better than Boyce? 

lol

We only really need two better than him. The others would be subs / backup. We can't possibly sustain 3 or 4 strikers of Boyce's quaility. Shankland and Simms would be enough as long as we had some backup for them. Boyce might not be first choice any more and might not be happy sitting on the bench at this stage in his career. His stock will plummet dramatically. Maybe he'll want to play and if we can't offer that then I wouldn't be surprised if conversations were ongoing. 

I think it would be pretty acceptable for him to leave for a half-decent fee and to be replaced with Shankland on a 3y deal and Simms on loan. Sign big Andy Carroll on a 1y deal to come off the bench every other game and have Hendo and/or Kirk sitting in the ranks to avoid fatigue and we're sorted :D 

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If Aberdeen are pushing for £4m for lewis Ferguson then they can stump up £2m for Boyce.

Never paying that for a 31yo. He's worth about £500k or so. 

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

This 👆

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Exactly. If he does go, we are in a position to get a good price for him.

in any case this just will not happen unless we have an upgrade on him signed.  Lots to happen in this window, and whose to say that the sheep will be the only club that might have a genuine interest in snapping him up.

Got a feeling that today is going to be a busy day for us though. 
Just the start of a busy window.

Reeks of paper talk and Aberdeen trying to relevant by apparently trying to sign a big player from the 3rd biggest team in Scotland.

JamboAl1965
10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

no idea his potential value but he is worth what our club decides. It’s that simple. Pay up or shut up, as our days of needing to sell are long gone 

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, CAR said:

Reading between the lines here but it looks like they have ****ed up the process but are playing the card that they should be due money for training and development. The rules are the rules so if they didn’t correctly follow them then that’s that but with the SPFL you just never know what way they will go.

I agree. I think they are trying their hand in the hopes we agree a fee to stop it going to tribunal. I am sure Hearts have done due diligence with Neilson's agent to ensure that United have messed up, but United may be trying to put doubt in our minds. I can imagine United are hoping we panic and give them something like £200k and a sell on fee, so it doesn't go to tribunal and risk a £500k fee.

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

He could want to go. He probably won't be first pick.  But still very good player to have around as it will be long season. Guess we will find out in the coming weeks.

Long daily commute to Aberdeen if he wants to stay with his wife and kids. 

Dundee Utd looking to take us to a tribunal over Lewis Neilsons development fee (or lack thereof). 

You’ve got to hope Hearts, Savage and the legal team looked at this properly before going ahead with it. I don’t doubt they did. But still a bit of a dodgy situation. 

52 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Pars have made a couple of good signings. Hamilton and Benedictus. 

I suspect Dundee Utd taking us to tribunal over a fee for Neilson is going to hold up us signing someone who will also cost a fee.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Dundee Utd looking to take us to a tribunal over Lewis Neilsons development fee (or lack thereof). 

You’ve got to hope Hearts, Savage and the legal team looked at this properly before going ahead with it. I don’t doubt they did. But still a bit of a dodgy situation. 

Sponsored walks to Tynecastle again for they trumpets. 

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

I suspect Dundee Utd taking us to tribunal over a fee for Neilson is going to hold up us signing someone who will also cost a fee.

I would think that Savage and Neilson will have looked at this pretty carefully before signing him.  I think it’s just Dundee United trying to screw something for them, and for us to avoid the hassle of a tribunal. Time will tell though. We seem pretty comfortable with the situation.

Nookie Bear
23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Kidding - maybe.

He's a central part of a team that finished 3rd by a country mile last year and they would easily get 2/3 good years out of him.

And for us to replace him with better would cost 7 figures. That's his value 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Kidding - maybe.

He's a central part of a team that finished 3rd by a country mile last year and they would easily get 2/3 good years out of him.

And for us to replace him with better would cost 7 figures. That's his value 🤷‍♂️

Exactly his value is what it would cost to replace him. 

Aberdeen can’t afford him 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I would think that Savage and Neilson will have looked at this pretty carefully before signing him.  I think it’s just Dundee United trying to screw something for them, and for us to avoid the hassle of a tribunal. Time will tell though. We seem pretty comfortable with the situation.

Are we able to pull out of the deal if we don't agree with the outcome?

Don't expect you to know the answer to that !

3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

All the evidence necessary will be held by the Secretary of the SPFL. I can't see us not checking if a valid contract offer was registered in time, which complied with the terms and conditions required for compensation to be due.

I suspect DU are trying to bend the rules here because they have screwed up. They have probably earned a fee due to the development work done but they may not be legally entitled to it due to failure of process.

If so tough. Their negligence, their loss.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Are we able to pull out of the deal if we don't agree with the outcome?

Don't expect you to know the answer to that !

I would doubt it. If he’s put pen to paper and signed  a contract.  This all seems to be just the way these things pan out.  I’m pretty confident that our management team will have looked at the situation and ensured that everything was done properly.  Time will tell though.

wheatfieldtosheffield
1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

the Japanese lad

Have I missed something? Who is this Japanese lad to whom you refer?

I can see the headlines now. Utd Shocked and disappointed at not receiving compensation. 

In reality they know fine well they have messed it up.

Edited by jambopilms

Clark Griswold
Just now, jambopilms said:

I can see the headlines now. Utd Shocked and disappointed at not receiving compensation. 

I'm reality they know fine well they have messed it up.

Aye will be big bad Hearts again

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

I'm reality they know fine well they have messed it up.

“Self Interested Hearts Ignore United Plea for Payout”

I’m expecting a couple of ‘Scarfs above the heads’ with Cochrane and Grant today.

We’ll want to get it done before heading off to Spain tomorrow.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***