*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

We need to coach Cochrane to attack & Atkinson to defend. They're both young enough to develop their weaknesses and become big players for us IMO.

Agreed and there's also a certain balance to having one with strength in attack and the other in defence. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Cochrane on a per a permanent deal would be great business. He completely got Hearts.

Worked his socks off in every game he played and there's definitely money to be made on him later down the line. 

If we beat QPR etc to him then that is a real statement and would be fantastic. 

This

Rocky jamboa

I'd be delighted if cochrane signed a permanent deal. I was surprised by some of the negative comments about him as he was one of my favourite players last season. Solid at left back. 

StirlingJambo
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

We need to coach Cochrane to attack & Atkinson to defend. They're both young enough to develop their weaknesses and become big players for us IMO.

True. Cochrane had a good debut season for us, if he returns it’s good that he’s had the experience here last year. Hopefully means he can kick on and improve parts of his game he was kind of lacking in last season.

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cochrane, Shankland, Ronan, Grant, Simms. 

Going to have some team. 

Would be delighted with that

Shanghai Hearts

Excellent season and played well in most games. At his age this would be a real coup and plenty of scope for improvement. Hope we get that and some other mentioned over the line.

Watt-Zeefuik

I wasn’t a huge Cochrane fan but he’s got potential to grow and was solid at lwb. Known quantity, hard worker, etc. Low whelms but still happy to have him back if it lands that way.

I'd be delighted getting Cochrane back.  Not the most exciting full back but absolutely dogged, an excellent defender, and contributed a good amount of goals and assists.

28 minutes ago, Australis said:

Great news, fingers crossed we get it across the line.

I'd rather have cochrane than not and he's still young at 22

He does not like getting beat and never shirks a challenge goof news 

16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Going to have some team. 

Its bloody brilliant isn't it 😀 

Rocky jamboa
39 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Not fussed about Cochrane to be honest. Overall pretty solid defensively although I’d be hoping we could maybe get someone in with more of an attacking mindset. 

I wonder if Kinglsey would be better at left wing back and swops positions with cochrane. I agree with you - cochrane great defensively but could be better going forward. I still really like him though and a great signing if we get him.

He's still young, he could be a very good addition. He obviously wants to be here, and loves Hearts. He could turn out to be a real bargin in a couple of years time. 

Batistuta87
18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Going to have some team. 

Have a feeling we'll get an absolute slobberknocker later in the window as well; when everyone's been released and have started talking to new clubs down south. If we sign all of these guys as well it'll be a tremendous window. 

41 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Everybody no matter their age has dips in form from time to time. In my opinion Barrie's form dipped after the split unfortunately. Maybe not a dip, but certainly less effective than earlier in the season. These things happen. The good thing with Cochrane is his attitude. He gives it his all every time and looks like a player that wants to improve and learn. It wasn't that long ago questions were being asked about Halkett. He's now a rock at the back. At 22 Cochrane has plenty of improvement left in him. 

Barry McKay dipped after getting kicked to feck in the semi final. 

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Reasons to be optimistic re. Cochrane’s return IMO:

- second season, knows exactly what the league is like and the level he needs to be at;

- he isn’t chasing money evidently, he wants to play on the best stage he can (europe)

- he doesn’t have an ego. Very hard worker

- he appreciates the club and the chance RN & JS have taken on him

- he hates hibs as shown in his celes at Tynecastle when Halliday scored

- he has so much room for improvement which can seriously benefit us long term. 

no brainer.

Spot on!

Added to that, we know what we are getting, he settled in well last season so we are not taking the risk that comes with signing a new player who might not settle into a new environment or suit our style of play.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Have a feeling we'll get an absolute slobberknocker later in the window as well; when everyone's been released and have started talking to new clubs down south. If we sign all of these guys as well it'll be a tremendous window. 

Thats the way I see it. At the moment I sense that we are building a very good squad for the Premiership, it may not be Old Firm level but it should be enough to get third again. With that done, we will then recruit the quality players for Europe (2 - 3 at most I think) but those transfers will take a lot longer and may go into August before being complete.

All names being mentioned will add a bit of quality & depth to the squad, just hope there is one or maybe two top notch signings that really make a statement. Simms might be one of them, but if not, someone similar that will make everyone sit up and take notice. Would love to have Simms but a wee bit concerned about his groin. Looked like he had a niggle a few times with us, and it's been mentioned before on Everton forums. A long-standing problem possibly and we will be splashing a lot of cash to get him. 

StirlingJambo
24 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I wonder if Kinglsey would be better at left wing back and swops positions with cochrane. I agree with you - cochrane great defensively but could be better going forward. I still really like him though and a great signing if we get him.

I would definitely like us to try it this season if he comes back. Kingsley was immense at LCB but he’s so good at carrying the ball up the park and has a cracking cross. With Cochrane being more defensive it seems like a straight swap would make sense.

The Treasurer
23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Barry McKay dipped after getting kicked to feck in the semi final. 

He wasn't alone in that. 

I felt that far too little was made of the shocking tactics that the wee team used in the semi final. 

Thankfully, like everything else they try, it failed 

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

He wasn't alone in that. 

I felt that far too little was made of the shocking tactics that the wee team used in the semi final. 

Thankfully, like everything else they try, it failed 

Agreed - hibs booted us up and down the park that day - all they had to offer!

Cochrane is a fantastic signing. Calvin Ramsay went for 4.5 million recently. This boy had a better season, probably a better player and also a wanted commodity ie English. 

This is the model I believe Savage is looking for. Bring these boys on loan with option for perm. Sell them on after a couple of seasons at a hefty price. 

Well pleased with this signing. 

HillmanHearts

Would be delighted to get Alex signed. Terrific attitude and energy. Already a very solid performer with loads of potential to improve. 

indianajones

Cochrane would be a great permanent addition. 

If we manage to get Simms back i'll greet. The guy is different class. A full season would see him 20+ goals.

All roads lead to Gorgie

A lot of players shine in their second season at a club, think Hartley. Cochrane showed enough so far to suggest he has huge potential to improve further. Would be a very good signing.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Who was the poster that said this would come back to bite us because Brighton are linked with the hobos?

Own up

Brighton would never admit to that.

”us and #!bs? **** off”

HeartsandonlyHearts
10 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Would be delighted to get Alex signed. Terrific attitude and energy. Already a very solid performer with loads of potential to improve. 

Improve his crossing and I’m onboard.

Actually you could say that about three or four players. We really need to improve that part of our game. We have to much possession to not make it pay.

HHGH

Watt-Zeefuik
26 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

I would definitely like us to try it this season if he comes back. Kingsley was immense at LCB but he’s so good at carrying the ball up the park and has a cracking cross. With Cochrane being more defensive it seems like a straight swap would make sense.

I think this is just best served by telling Kings he’s allowed to go forward and having Cochrane tuck behind him to cover. Kingsley is better off of the line with some room to move, and Cochrane is better on the touchline.

Kingsley had a fantastic season at LCB. Don’t mess too much with a good thing. 

Cochrane was excellent last year and I’ll be delighted when he signs. Seems like a really good lad too. If he came through our youth system and played like that as a 21/22 year old we’d be raving about him.

Did he extend his contract with Brighton though? I had in my head he was a free agent.

14 minutes ago, indianajones said:

If we manage to get Simms back i'll greet. The guy is different class. A full season would see him 20+ goals.

I'm of a similar mind.  I'm working on the basis that it won't happen as I don't want to hold out too much hope only for that to get dashed, so if it does happen I'll be ecstatic.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Cochrane was excellent last year and I’ll be delighted when he signs. Seems like a really good lad too. If he came through our youth system and played like that as a 21/22 year old we’d be raving about him.

Did he extend his contract with Brighton though? I had in my head he was a free agent.

Brighton extended his deal by 1 year.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yeah, they enforced their option so they could sell for a fee.

HeartsandonlyHearts
17 minutes ago, indianajones said:

From your lips….

Simms would be a great signing. I hope he returns. 

I wonder how closse we are to getting Simms.  Sure I read were pulling out all the stops.  Wouldn't be making a statement like that if there was no chance.  Also read thst he wants to stay with us.

49 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

All names being mentioned will add a bit of quality & depth to the squad, just hope there is one or maybe two top notch signings that really make a statement. Simms might be one of them, but if not, someone similar that will make everyone sit up and take notice. Would love to have Simms but a wee bit concerned about his groin. Looked like he had a niggle a few times with us, and it's been mentioned before on Everton forums. A long-standing problem possibly and we will be splashing a lot of cash to get him. 

I don't think there's any possibility we'll sign him on a permanent deal, Robbie said as much on the SATF podcast.

If we get him back it will be on another loan deal, but Robbie wasn't overly confident of that either, as some Championship clubs are interested who could pay a much bigger portion of his wages.  I think he is keen to come back, but it will be down to Everton to agree to that.

20 minutes ago, Rods said:

Cochrane is a fantastic signing. Calvin Ramsay went for 4.5 million recently. This boy had a better season, probably a better player and also a wanted commodity ie English. 

This is the model I believe Savage is looking for. Bring these boys on loan with option for perm. Sell them on after a couple of seasons at a hefty price. 

Well pleased with this signing. 

A pretty wild take. They both broke through last season in the same league. There's a reason one is going to Liverpool for millions and the other is coming to us for a couple of hundred grand.

Cochrane might be the more solid defender at the moment, but he's also 3 years older and, frankly, has nowhere near the same level of talent. 9 assists for Ramsay last season - that's what Liverpool are paying the big bucks for.

We aren't Liverpool, though, so I'm happy enough with Cochrane signing. A steady defender who's young enough to improve.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Going to have some team. 

I would be delighted if we could get all these guys in. Seems almost too good to be true.

I'm not going to build my hopes up as none are over the line yet (as far as I know anyway).

Even if we lose one or two we know we have budget to turn to other options.

Very promising for the season ahead!

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

A pretty wild take. They both broke through last season in the same league. There's a reason one is going to Liverpool for millions and the other is coming to us for a couple of hundred grand.

Cochrane might be the more solid defender at the moment, but he's also 3 years older and, frankly, has nowhere near the same level of talent. 9 assists for Ramsay last season - that's what Liverpool are paying the big bucks for.

We aren't Liverpool, though, so I'm happy enough with Cochrane signing. A steady defender who's young enough to improve.

I though Ramsay was average whenever I saw him tbh.  Aberdeen have won a watch 

11 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I get the impression it would be Jorge Grant or Conor Ronan, not both?

You begin to wonder what all this activity means for the likes of Ginelly GMS Mceneff. Hopefully our signings and prospective signings are an upgrade on those 3 in particular. None of them were particularly great last season and none of them were stick ons to start, even less so now. Are we going to move them on or keep them for depth until their contracts run out. I assume none of them have any realistic future with us with the possible exception of Ginelly who has pace as a commodity.

Edited by JimmyCant

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I though Ramsay was average whenever I saw him tbh.  Aberdeen have won a watch 

Still say he can't defend, but like the improvement in Tierney at Arsenal, physically first, they will build him and educate him, the stats going forward apparently were the best in Europe, playing for a struggling team at 18.

Aberdeen either scored with a penalty or a Ramsay cross 

Chillidigits

Hadn't considered Cochrane as a midfielder until the article mentioned it. I wonder how effective he'd be there ?

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***