• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Song Title:   Lawrence Shankland. 

Song Title:  Shanklands' World. 

Yous' are welcome. 😆

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Pretty sure Barrie McKay has started following Shankland on Instagram, not sure he followed him previously. Could only remember seeing Souttar, Forrest and Kingsley following. Make of that what you will 

Shankland follows McKay, Halkett, Kingsley and Lewis Neilson on Instagram (albeit I appreciate him and Neilson played together at DU). Probably some connection with the other 3 in some way too 🤷‍♂️

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Barack said:

“In recruitment it’s difficult having a target list. Say you had a top five. I could make five calls in the next 45 minutes which rule out four of them and then I’m down to target number five. Number one’s chosen to go elsewhere, number two doesn’t want to move, number three we can’t afford, number four doesn’t want to move just now, any of that. In football you get told ‘no’ more than you get told ‘yes’. You get knock-backs all the time."

Joe Savage.

Make of that, what you will. Funny how different people's interpretation works.

I read it as him simply giving an example and not what has happened?

53 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I think Boyce offers more. 

Don’t think Boyce is clinical enough, maybe panics occasionally whilst a shankland just instinctively makes the right choices in front of goal. Still think Boyce has a role though, definitely capable of bringing others into play

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Hate to break it to you but we’ve probably missed out on first choices already and probably even second choices. It’s the way football works.

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The poster said we have 'probably' missed out on some first and and second choices. This is probably true. You need to take a wee step back from here. Increasingly just posting for the sake of posting and adding nothing.

He never said some. 

His post is just nonsense, more so given it is June the 18th. 

We Ofc might miss out on some but that statement at this time is nonsense. 

Could equally state that say we probably still on for our top targets. 

But I wouldn't, as it has no basis. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Exactly. Savage has talked in a few interviews in the past how he doesn't work on having first, second, third etc target because you get knocked back a lot in football. As you say this is him just talking about that again rather saying they have missed out on most of their top targets.

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly. Savage has talked in a few interviews in the past how he doesn't work on having first, second, third etc target because you get knocked back a lot in football. As you say this is him just talking about that again rather saying they have missed out on most of their top targets.

It's called planning. We all know that most of the time it's the Agents that deal with the clubs and they are constantly looking for the best deals supposedly for their players but more often than not they are looking for the club that they can get the best persona fee from.

Savage will not stand any nonsense from them and they will know that which to an extent will probably restrict certain players from being offered.

We all know that it is important to have a plan B but in the player recruitment market that also extends to a C,D, E and maybe even plan F.

It's only really the very rich clubs that can target and land specific highlighted player and often they pay way over the odds but then they can mostly afford it unlike us.

Mr Elwood P
16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He never said some. 

His post is just nonsense, more so given it is June the 18th. 

We Ofc might miss out on some but that statement at this time is nonsense. 

Could equally state that say we probably still on for our top targets. 

But I wouldn't, as it has no basis. 

Gloss over the use of 'probably' though eh?

What was your interpretation of Joe Savage saying ' you get knock backs all the time'?

If we haven't missed out on any 'top choices' then the assumption is that we've only approached Neilson, Rowles and Forrest and have a 100% success rate? 

As mentioned above you are now just posting for the sake of it now. 55,000 posts and lucky if 5,000 are saying anything particularly interesting.

John Findlay
43 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Correct, how I read it too.

Hopefully get a deal over the line soon fed up hearing about how good Savage is end of the day it’s his job to improve the squad 

1 minute ago, pointon said:

Hopefully get a deal over the line soon fed up hearing about how good Savage is end of the day it’s his job to improve the squad 

Yip 👍

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Gloss over the use of 'probably' though eh?

What was your interpretation of Joe Savage saying ' you get knock backs all the time'?

If we haven't missed out on any 'top choices' then the assumption is that we've only approached Neilson, Rowles and Forrest and have a 100% success rate? 

As mentioned above you are now just posting for the sake of it now. 55,000 posts and lucky if 5,000 are saying anything particularly interesting.

OK. 

I'll explain again. 

I replied to a poster that said we've probably missed out on our top and second top targets. 

I called that out as bull shit. 

He can't make that call. 

Will we lose out on some top targets - yes. 

Have we probably lost out on our 1st and second choices as of today - no. 

Nobody mentioned 100% hit rate. 

Forrest has been tracked for  a long time. 

We have a scout in oz. 

I'd say those 2 were "top" targets. 

We've put an offer in for Simms, have we lost out as of today- no. 

Same for Shankland. 

All top targets 

There is no evidence to suggest we've probably lost out on our 1st and 2nd choice targets as of the 18th June. 

The poster then said all ( or most) clubs find themselves in that situation, again as it is the middle of June - I call bull shite on that as well. It also makes no sense in many ways. 

We will lose out on some top targets. We wil also be offered players that were not originally a consideration. 

There is no doubt on that. 

Are we probably on or 3rd and 4th targets now-no and it's a bull shite statement. 

It's a forum, I'm allowed to do that, just like you are allowed to say it's true. 

Furthermore as you get personal about post count-

Unfortunately, as I need to repeat myself to folk that talk nonesense my count jumps up. 

Secondly, I haven't been banned then had to reinvent myself. 

Thirdly, I am on no other social media. It's all a bit shit. 

Forthly, reverting to post count to gain one up on another poster is shite patter and Ironically is boring and dull as **** and adds nothing. 

Finally, I'll post as little or as much as I see fit or until the mods tell me to shut it. 

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

OK. 

I'll explain again. 

I replied to a poster that said we've probably missed out on our top and second top targets. 

He can't make that call. 

We have a scout in oz. 

Same for Shankland. 

All top targets 

There is no evidence to suggest we've probably lost out on our 1st and 2nd choice targets as of the 18th June. 

The poster then said all ( or most) clubs find themselves in that situation, again as it is the middle of June - I call bull shite on that as well. It also makes no sense in many ways. 

We will lose out on some top targets. We wil also be offered players that were not originally a consideration. 

Are we probably on or 3rd and 4th targets now-no and it's a bull shite statement. 

It's a forum, I'm allowed to do that, just like you are allowed to say it's true. 

Unfortunately, as I need to repeat myself to folk that talk nonesense my count jumps up. 

Forthly, reverting to post count to gain one up on another poster is shite patter and Ironically is boring and dull as **** and adds nothing. 

Finally, I'll post as little or as much as I see fit or until the mods tell me to shut it. 

😆

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Barack said:

“In recruitment it’s difficult having a target list. Say you had a top five. I could make five calls in the next 45 minutes which rule out four of them and then I’m down to target number five. Number one’s chosen to go elsewhere, number two doesn’t want to move, number three we can’t afford, number four doesn’t want to move just now, any of that. In football you get told ‘no’ more than you get told ‘yes’. You get knock-backs all the time."

Joe Savage.

Make of that, what you will. Funny how different people's interpretation works.

Thankfully the President showed up to provide rationale 

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

OK. 

I'll explain again. 

He can't make that call. 

We have a scout in oz. 

Same for Shankland. 

All top targets 

Intentionally avoiding answering a question gets the post count up too!

Talking Heads have a good track about this topic....

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Intentionally avoiding answering a question gets the post count up too!

Talking Heads have a good track about this topic....

I'll keep the thread on topic. 

I don't think we have lost out on our 1st and 2nd choice targets yet and are working hard to get deals tied up. 

However, We might need to have patience as players may have more than one option and as selling clubs evaluate their options. 

19 minutes ago, pointon said:

And he has, it's Robbies job to get it out of them. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And he has, it's Robbies job to get it out of them. 

So where is an attacking midfielder and two strikers and a reliable backup keeper?

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, pointon said:

Yes and no. 

Bob decides on who we sign. 

He also manages the team. 

Bob is the person that will largely dictate if we improve or not. 

Thankfully, as Bongo says we have improved. 

28 minutes ago, pointon said:

It is that 

Still if he pulls off another good window and gets us 3rd, a cup win and Europe this season its common courtesy to applaud his work 

2 minutes ago, Spookie said:

It is that 

Still if he pulls off another good window and gets us 3rd, a cup win and Europe this season its common courtesy to applaud his work 

He will deserve all the plaudits if he delivers that 👍

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, sac said:

Where are the ITK’ers on this thread?

Get yer finger oot, or step aside.

I am not ITK with regards close contacts to Hearts however I know 2 players we have been sniffing about and the last text I got was "Hearts are ****ing me about to be fair"

Which makes me think we have some top drawer targets and are trying to cover ourselfs in case we don't manage to get them.

Edited by Leveins Battalion

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I am not ITK with regards close contacts to Hearts however I know 2 players we have been sniffing about and the last text I got was "Hearts are ****ing me about to be fair"

Which makes me think we have some to drawer targets and are trying to cover ourselfs in case we don't manage to get them.

I know they are your mates but if you were honest how would you rate them as players 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Which makes me think we have some top drawer targets and are trying to cover ourselfs in case we don't manage to get them.

Cannae be. 

It must be our 5th and 6th choices we are ****ing about as we wait on our 3rd and 4th choices to make their mind up. 

Apparently Our 1st and 2nd choices have probably told us to

:bolt:

I feel real sorry for our 7th and 8th choices, "the aqua man" of choices. 

Leveins Battalion
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I know they are your mates but if you were honest how would you rate them as players 

Neither currently play in Scotland,1 EPL and 1 Championship.

Both under 24 and needing a career Kickstart.aviary-image-1655565014010.jpeg.683989b3a2ca3a8a0272eea20dc8f1e4.jpeg

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Both under 24 and needing a career Kickstart.aviary-image-1655565014010.jpeg.683989b3a2ca3a8a0272eea20dc8f1e4.jpeg

Cheers 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

OK. 

I'll explain again. 

He can't make that call. 

We have a scout in oz. 

Same for Shankland. 

All top targets 

Well said Tosh

Italian Lambretta
36 minutes ago, sac said:

Where are the ITK’ers on this thread?

Get yer finger oot, or step aside.

He's too busy working night and day taking emails and calls from. Agents trying to sign our new super duper attacking midfielder.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

OK. 

I'll explain again. 

He can't make that call. 

We have a scout in oz. 

Same for Shankland. 

All top targets 

Have you ever considered it’s not your job to moderate the forum? This place has enough shite posted on it without you quoting it all

Famous 1874

We’ve no doubt been knocked back by players already this window. No shame in that as we will be attempting to allure a better standard of player by taking that next step.

Don’t get why people are so in denial that we have been rejected. As Joe Savage alluded to, rejections happen all the time in football. 

I’m confident we’ll still sign quality but we simply don’t have the pulling power to get ALL of our number 1 and number 2 targets.

Getting Shankland in next week would be a boost.

5 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

He's too busy working night and day taking emails and calls from. Agents trying to sign our new super duper attacking midfielder.

Looks like Hearts have plugged the leaks to the media.

I'm quite comfortable not reading about players we were after but got gazumped on.

1 hour ago, pointon said:

TBF, even the ones already in the bag can’t train yet. 

And several may have signed but not been announced. 

The collective need for an acceleration of the process is to do with fan impatience, not any operational logic. 

23 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Any more info? They both Scottish? 

21 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Exactly the type of player we should be avoiding. The  market has barely been open and  this joker is throwing his toys out the pram already when the 3rd biggest club in Scotland are enquiring about him . I for one don't won't him anywhere near our  club .

1 minute ago, CMc said:

The collective need for an acceleration of the process is to do with fan impatience, not any operational logic. 

Bang on 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Have you ever considered it’s not your job to moderate the forum? This place has enough shite posted on it without you quoting it all

Fair point. 

🤣🤣

All I said was he was talking shite. 

Folk should agree with me more easily. 

Really would save time. 

🙃

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, CMc said:

Aye. 

Batistuta87
25 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hugely wild guess at Billy Gilmour being the EPL player. Was pretty pish at Norwich so looking like he'll need to take a step down. We're quite an attractive step down considering we're in Europe. Championship player I'm going with Tom McIntyre. Career needs a bit of a boost having only played half the season for Reading. A loan move up here and a season in Europe could be just the ticket. 

Guessing I'm wildly off the mark but worth a punt 😎

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
On 15/06/2022 at 05:14, TheBigO said:

O'Riley is a very good example actually.  We're obviously not in that market (yet!) but point totally stands.  Sadio Mane was "only" at Southampton, Andy Robertson was "only" at Hull, Mickey Cameron was "only" at Raith.  Right man, right time.

I really do trust our recruitment team to see when a guy is ready for us these days.  So not a guy who will come and be overwhelmed (J Sutton), or a guy who thinks he's too big for us (Whelan), or a guy who just wants a paycheck (Damour).  But players who are just ready to play for Hearts.  There will be a few who don't set the heather alight.  You get signings who look perfect but don't work out, but I don't think that'll be down to our recruitment, if that makes sense?

You're playing a blinder on this thread. Might already be mentioned because I haven't read on from here but Paul Hartley. Flop at Hibs, flop in England, one good season at St Johnstone, to a legend at Hearts. Imagine the state of this place if we signed a guy with that CV now.

8 minutes ago, CMc said:

We shall see

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***