• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Rogue Daddy
35 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Not sure if it was an optical illusion or what but he looked much chunkier when he was with us on loan. His hair perhaps helped him look bigger but he most definitely looks slimmer than I recall.

First time around he seemed to have a  bit more buzz about his general game compared to now.

It might be his lack of games before he joined us and maybe a slight lack of confidence contributing to the difference.

However once he gets a full pre season behind him and gets to know the rest of his team mates better then he will be a good player for us.

Defo a lot more to come from Toby. He has pace to burn!

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Under the floodlight said:

Come on lads no need to........Panic GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

...is that the same 'VAR' button that gives sevco a penalty?

KyleLafferty
38 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

What a made up pile of shite. 

How is it made up shite😂? That’s how football works, every team will more than likely miss out on a target cause someone will come in with more money or a better league. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

How is it made up shite😂? That’s how football works, every team will more than likely miss out on a target cause someone will come in with more money or a better league. 

You don't know at this moment in time we have probably missed out on our top  targets and working our way down our preferences. 

That is the made up, shite part. 

Everyone knows clubs will  have more than one target in mind , they are called shortlists. 

Common knowledge. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Hate to break it to you but we’ve probably missed out on first choices already and probably even second choices. It’s the way football works.

Joe Savage's interview suggest otherwise with Rowles. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Wonder what the problem was or is with Shankland. When he was banging them in left right and centre week in week out for Ayr, no big team felt like taking a chance on him. I believe we could have had him on a free at one point. What was the issue? Must have been something more than just a reluctance to take a risk on him. His scoring record at Ayr was phenomenal. Looking at the goals he scores he looks a great fit for us........... but. Fingers crossed he turns out to be everything we want him to be. Assuming he is Tynie bound. 

Nothing to complicated iirc. 

I think Utd threw stupid money at him compared to his other offers at the time. 

Rumoured £4/5k a week plus a hefty signing on fee and bonuses. 

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

WHY HAVEN'T WE SIGNED A ****ING STRIKER. 

7a7b8dcd156a6235b31a0ebe691a0d51_w200.gif

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nothing to complicated iirc. 

I think Utd threw stupid money at him compared to his other offers at the time. 

Rumoured £4/5k a week plus a hefty signing on fee and bonuses. 

Probably around the same time they announced their wage budget was 150% of their turnover! 😳

Under the floodlight
19 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...is that the same 'VAR' button that gives sevco a penalty?

Needs modifications before new year, but yeah could work for them.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It can't just be a Hearts thing, as he says - it's all clubs.

So It would also by default mean that every club who hasn't signed a player by now have lost out on their top targets. 

Mental train of thought. 

Bonkers, off the scale Radge Tbh. 

18th June and every club in Europe has probably missed out on their top targets according to him. 

Cracking stuff. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Probably around the same time they announced their wage budget was 150% of their turnover! 😳

Yip. 

12 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Equally, he says in the article if you have five folk identified in a position, you lose out on 4 of them very quickly.   

can’t afford one, one doesn’t want to move… etc. 

If we are being ambitious, arguably we should miss out on most of our top picks because they are such a stretch. The job, presumably is getting as near the top of our continuum of targets as possible. 

Would also imagine we will always say publicly that the ones we land were our first picks all along. Nobody starts their wedding vows with, “I promise to settle for you because you were the best I could do under the circumstances and the hot ones all told me to bolt”.

2 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Wonder what the problem was or is with Shankland. When he was banging them in left right and centre week in week out for Ayr, no big team felt like taking a chance on him. I believe we could have had him on a free at one point. What was the issue? Must have been something more than just a reluctance to take a risk on him. His scoring record at Ayr was phenomenal. Looking at the goals he scores he looks a great fit for us........... but. Fingers crossed he turns out to be everything we want him to be. Assuming he is Tynie bound. 

His overall play isn't the best, he's a natural goalscorer, he's not a upgrade on Boyce. 

A player i would keep for the bench tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, CMc said:

Equally, he says in the article if you have five folk identified in a position, you lose out on 4 of them very quickly.   

If we are being ambitious, arguably we should miss out on most of our top picks because they are such a stretch. The job, presumably is getting as near the top of our continuum of targets as possible. 

Would also imagine we will always say publicly that the ones we land were our first picks all along. Nobody starts their wedding vows with, “I promise to settle for you because you were the best I could do under the circumstances and the hot ones all told me to bolt”.

Yip, but to suggest on the 18th June that we have probably missed out on our top and second targets is shite. 

That is what the poster said. That is what we are discussing. 

Most are aware of shortlists and how you can lose out on targets and how other players may become available who weren't previously. 

No one will debate that. 

To suggest we are probably already moving down that as we've lost out is just made up shite. 

It has no substance. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

His overall play isn't the best, he's a natural goalscorer, he's not a upgrade on Boyce. 

I disagree, I watched him play for Dundee Utd against Hearts in the League Cup at Tynecastle and he played as a lone striker where he ran the channels.  I thought his hold up play was excellent. He got one chance in the game and scored it. 

We are at the harmless and innocuous opinions being jumped on with over the top radge comments stage of the transfer window I see 😄 

2 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

I disagree, I watched him play for Dundee Utd against Hearts in the League Cup at Tynecastle and he played as a lone striker where he ran the channels.  I thought his hold up play was excellent. He got one chance in the game and scored it. 

That's the only time I've seen him play and he looked orite to meet got one chance tucked away one chance we've no had a player like that in a while 

Great player to bring on when you're needing a goal 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Get the Finger oot would suggest we are doing nothing, that is not the case. 

Suggesting to get the finger oot at this stage is the first stage of a panic. 

Nonsense to suggest we aren't doing nothing. 

If you actually read my post I did say there may be moves in the background that’s all hopefully some announcements soon.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

If you actually read my post I did say there may be moves in the background that’s all hopefully some announcements soon.

No need to get the finger oot then! 

3 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Just not that good, but soon developing legendary status 🙌 

Dick Dastardly
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbh, if the bigger clubs throw a lot more money at a player I'm not sure the possibility of 1st team football is the draw it used to be. 

Most will follow the money. 

Also for Hearts, we need to play our better players, no matter the age. 

That's probably true, but at the stage we are at that could also help us in identifying suitable players. The ones who haven't made it but want more out of football, who want to try and make a name for themselves, would, and I'm purely guessing here, be more likely be the type of player who would put that extra effort in during games and training and would appreciate the effort Hearts have gone to to help them progress. But then i could be talking utter garbage. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

What a made up pile of shite. 

Is that not exactly what Joe Savage said in the new article?

2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

If we don’t get our finger out with any of the names being mentioned Shankland, Ronan and Grant we’re going to lose out to other clubs granted there could be deals being agreed as we speak if we’re only quibbling over a couple of hundred £k then we could be left scrabbling around for second choices we need to get players in asap so we hit the ground running. The gate receipts for the four Euro ties will bring in around £1.6m so cmon Hearts let’s get moving 

Or just buy Simms. 

34 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Will wait and see I guess. Paying a reputed £500thou for someone to sit on the bench is unlikely. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Is that not exactly what Joe Savage said in the new article?

No. 

He never said as from now( 18th June) we have probably lost out on all  our 1st and second choice targets and are working our way down the others. 

Nothing of the sort. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Or just buy Simms. 

Aye, forget about financial demands and  what he may want.

It's that easy. 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No. 

He never said as from now( 18th June) we have probably lost out on all  our 1st and second choice targets and are working our way down the others. 

Nothing of the sort. 

Who said we've missed out on 'all' ?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Who said we've missed out on 'all' ?

Read back. 

He said we'd probably missed out on our 1st and second choice targets. 

No substance to it. 

It Also makes no sense as I explained above, have Al clubs missed out or just us? 

You may think different, but on the 18th June I call it out as shite. 

Pile of shite. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Read back. 

He said we'd probably missed out on our 1st and second choice targets. 

No substance to it. 

It Also makes no sense as I explained above, have Al clubs missed out or just us? 

You may think different, but on the 18th June I call it out as shite. 

Pile of shite. 

The poster said we have 'probably' missed out on some first and and second choices. This is probably true. You need to take a wee step back from here. Increasingly just posting for the sake of posting and adding nothing.

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, forget about financial demands and  what he may want.

It's that easy. 

Buy one good one instead of three mediocre. 

Portable Badger
53 minutes ago, CMc said:

Thats eerily close to my wedding speech !!

7 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Thats eerily close to my wedding speech !!

Lol. 

Like I was saying, almost  nobody starts their wedding vows…

Edited by CMc

Portable Badger
4 minutes ago, CMc said:

Lol. 

Like I was saying, almost  nobody starts their wedding vows…

All worked out ok though mate !!! Divorced after 13yrs !

😂

23 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Buy one good one instead of three mediocre. 

Agree.  Put in an offer for Simms rather than focusing on the likes of Shankland. Assuming that were are looking at shankland or is it all Kickback talk.

To meet Savage's aspirations for us, we need to aim higher. 

Rick Sanchez
12 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Agree.  Put in an offer for Simms rather than focusing on the likes of Shankland. Assuming that were are looking at shankland or is it all Kickback talk.

Better have a word with Joe then, it's him that said we're interested in Shankland.

Absolute Scenes

Pretty sure Barrie McKay has started following Shankland on Instagram, not sure he followed him previously. Could only remember seeing Souttar, Forrest and Kingsley following. Make of that what you will 

Absolute Scenes
25 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Not sure if you’ve kept up to date with the interviews and news from Hearts but there’s a recent story talking about us making a big push to get simms back. It’s now up to the player we cannot force him. But we have made an offer and that is the offer we will leave to be decided. That’s all we can do.  Savage also mentions we are interested in Shankland weeks ago

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Better have a word with Joe then, it's him that said we're interested in Shankland.

😃

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Imo we need different types of players for different game scenarios. 

Shankland is who you want vs teams parking the bus. Simms against a side that plays a higher line and Boyce is a good partner or option at AM in a 3.

Opshuns bud. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Shankland is who you want vs teams parking the bus. Simms against a side that plays a higher line and Boyce is a good partner or option at AM in a 3.

Opshuns bud. 

Shankland  will score more than Boyce ! He’s a natural finisher and  with chances from wide play 100 percent  20 goals easy !

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Opshuns bud. 

I don't disagree mate 👍 I just don't think he's worth 500k and it really annoys me, because when he was a free agent/ pre contract, we should of been all over him like Forrest at Livingston. 

I hope we don't pay a fee for this guy tbh. 

Then again it's not Robbies fault or Savages, that Levein didn't want him. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

3 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Shankland  will score more than Boyce ! He’s a natural finisher and  with chances from wide play 100 percent  20 goals easy !

I think Boyce offers more. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't disagree mate 👍 I just don't think he's worth 500k and it really annoys me, because when he was a free agent/ pre contract, we should of been all over him like Forrest at Livingston. 

I hope we don't pay a fee for this guy tbh. 

Then again it's not Robbies fault or Savages, that Levein didn't want him. 

Money better spent elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

“In recruitment it’s difficult having a target list. Say you had a top five. I could make five calls in the next 45 minutes which rule out four of them and then I’m down to target number five. Number one’s chosen to go elsewhere, number two doesn’t want to move, number three we can’t afford, number four doesn’t want to move just now, any of that. In football you get told ‘no’ more than you get told ‘yes’. You get knock-backs all the time."

Joe Savage.

Make of that, what you will. Funny how different people's interpretation works.

Reads like normal day to day business to me. 

Savage is just trying to manage expectations. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***