*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

This Jorge Grant is a strange one. It's been stated we think 500k for Ronan is too high (which it probably is) but leading the race to sign a more expensive player who is older and will have less sell on value 😖 maybe it's a loan deal? Maybe we're trying to get H1b5 to "hijack" the deal and waste money? Confused

Yeah I think it might just be paper talk. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What’s the reasons then? Cochrane had a poor end to the season but doesn’t get much criticism? Boyce was awful too towards the end of the season, as were others. Don’t be blind to the reasons, it’s a fact that some of our fans criticise black players more than others, Isma and Djoum to name a couple. 

You are away off beam here. Atkinson has had his fair share of critics and abuse, Woodburn has had plenty on his back too. 

12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not every player has to have a sell-on value, sometimes we just need to get the best player we can. He is also only 27 so plenty of years left in him.

Our top player has zero sell-on value (Gordon, not Damour ^_^)

I know but comparing the two players, it makes far more sense to sign the younger & cheaper player who could give the same or higher level of performance and make us money down the road? Suppose we'll see soon enough, personally I'm not buying the Grant stuff.

UchesPackage
43 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

you said "welcome Sam Cosgrove" a few days ago

you have obviously been on my profile so you'll see i said it on the 2nd of May . Also said this when people were chucking out names for strikers

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You’ve clearly went on his page to find this. 

Any truth in it or not you’d have seen his update on what he’s “heard”. 

Cheap attempt to get a bite out of him out tbh. 

To be fair, if someone says "this time tomorrow" then they leave themselves open to a bit of questioning.

Nookie Bear
12 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

I know but comparing the two players, it makes far more sense to sign the younger & cheaper player who could give the same or higher level of performance and make us money down the road? Suppose we'll see soon enough, personally I'm not buying the Grant stuff.

Not arguing with any of that 👍

But...why not both??

UchesPackage
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

To be fair, if someone says "this time tomorrow" then they leave themselves open to a bit of questioning.

followed it with they have agreed personal terms but having issues with the fee. please read

Rogue Daddy
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What’s the reasons then? Cochrane had a poor end to the season but doesn’t get much criticism? Boyce was awful too towards the end of the season, as were others. Don’t be blind to the reasons, it’s a fact that some of our fans criticise black players more than others, Isma and Djoum to name a couple. 

I'm sure that's not the case mate. Woodburn and GMS have come in for a fair amount of stick also.. aye, Sibbick has had a couple of brainfarts but he's a midfielder (IMO) and not a CB, where he's be played more often than not, and should get a bit of slack... not only that, Simms and Beni were cracking additions to the team and have (rightfully) been lauded. Just my opinion.

I actually thought Cochrane came onto a better game towards the end of the season... but agree with your Boyce assessment. He seems to have taken a backward step compared to the season before.

Just now, Gimme an H... said:

Ah good, the race card being played again.

Jesus christ man.

He was probably black, yeah

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I get that but it was the question that was asked, which he’d already answered 3 posts above 

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Can you agree terms with a player without agreement with the club about the fee

Seems the wrong way round doesn't it.  But yes, the club only needs to give you permission, and I guess it makes sense to make sure the player is interested before the clubs get down to the nitty gritty and spend time on the deal...?

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Seems the wrong way round doesn't it.  But yes, the club only needs to give you permission, and I guess it makes sense to make sure the player is interested before the clubs get down to the nitty gritty and spend time on the deal...?

Then I guess that the two clubs are in the same ballpark or there would be no point agreeing terms with the player

Just now, jambopilms said:

Then I guess that the two clubs are in the same ballpark or there would be no point agreeing terms with the player

Aye, again would seem to make sense eh!  You wonder if it's like

"how much you thinking?" "£500k" "open to talk aboot that?" "aye, suppose" "so ye awright if we speak to the radge n check if he's no a secrect spoonburner or that?" "aye be as well, then we can haggle like shit for a laugh" "magic, be back in a minute, chief, git ready tae touch yer taes though"

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I'm sure that's not the case mate. Woodburn and GMS have come in for a fair amount of stick also.. aye, Sibbick has had a couple of brainfarts but he's a midfielder (IMO) and not a CB, where he's be played more often than not, and should get a bit of slack... not only that, Simms and Beni were cracking additions to the team and have (rightfully) been lauded. Just my opinion.

I actually thought Cochrane came onto a better game towards the end of the season... but agree with your Boyce assessment. He seems to have taken a backward step compared to the season before.

I like Sibbick, looks more comfortable in the middle of the back three also. Not sure what his best position is. It would be difficult to criticise Simms and Beni but there’s been a few moans about Simms first touch or Benis lack of goals. I’m not saying wveryone that criticises is a racist but a few are. 
I stand next to section N and I’ve heard a few off comments over the years unfortunately. 
Im not convinced about Cochrane as he doesn’t excel at any part of the game and might not want to come back anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Ronan and Shankland to be announced on Monday.

Assume you are taking a punt with this? 

Dick Dastardly
2 hours ago, UchesPackage said:

Beerschot had relegation clauses in most of there players contracts where they could leave for smaller fees. Shankland didnt have his clause so there trying to squeeze more money

So we've been allowed to talk to him before a fee has been agreed? That seems strange, doesn't it? 

4 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Grant is no different than Mceneff. Would be a waste of money.

Insightful analysis, thanks 😊 

43 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Can you agree terms with a player without agreement with the club about the fee

Yes.

10 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

So we've been allowed to talk to him before a fee has been agreed? That seems strange, doesn't it? 

Nope ...

57 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not arguing with any of that 👍

But...why not both??

If the fees quoted are legit then that's why not both 😅

InternationalJambo

Jorge Grant has been looked at vaguely but the price being quoted is fantasy stuff, if it happens (which I doubt it will) it’ll be an undisclosed fee - the same for Shankland. I would also guesstimate that the Shankland transfer will be done very soon as he wants the move. 

Ronan is a funny one as we are interested but either him or his agent is putting his name out there to any club that’ll listen, and I doubt that’ll sit well with Savage. When this happens it tends to be the player is looking for the highest paycheque.. Smoke and mirrors by us?…

Edited by InternationalJambo

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Jorge Grant has been looked at vaguely but the price being quoted is fantasy stuff, if it happens (which I doubt it will) it’ll be an undisclosed fee - the same for Shankland. I would also guesstimate that the Shankland transfer will be done very soon as he wants the move. 

Ronan is a funny one as we are interested but either him or his agent is putting his name out there to any club that’ll listen, and I doubt that’ll sit well with Savage. When this happens it tends to be the player is looking for the highest paycheque..

i think Savage knows how this game works well enough not to be too fussed by Ronan's name being put out like that.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, OTT said:

I know clubs do this all the time, but how is it not tapping up? 😂

No you get permission from the club to speak with the player to agree the contract etc. The clubs then need to agree fee, structure of payments etc 

August Landmesser
19 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

😂😂😂the visage in this picture will never get old,,iconic😂😂😂😂🇱🇻

can we get it embossed as a background on next season's third kit?

Watt-Zeefuik
9 hours ago, CMc said:

CB will be like the CM situation. 

We will want a settled partnership, but suspensions and injuries will lead to natural rotation. 

Guess as it stands, Kingsley is going to need to start Lb or LWB. Halks  will be nailed on to start and Atkinson likely. 

LCB and RCB (when we play 3) are up for grabs as it stands. A younger player and a more experienced player to fill these makes sense. between the four competitions, accumulated yellow cards, mid-game subs and formation changes, we will be able to offer lots of minutes. Having Neilson, Rowles and Wright (and I guess Sibbick) seems to not be overkill. 3/4 are very young for centre halves. One is just back after a terrible injury. Will probably be able to all get about 2500+ minutes across all comps if we just split the time equally. That’s the equivalent of starting 28 games. That’s pretty close to an ideal workload. 

Good post but I have to say I think we'll be bringing in a LWB of some sort. It sounds as though we'd prefer to have Cochrane back but failing that I wouldn't be shocked if we move Kingsley out as first choice LWB but sign a 20 year old from somewhere to understudy.

That said it does sound like Rowles can play out on the left wing if needed.

InternationalJambo
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

i think Savage knows how this game works well enough not to be too fussed by Ronan's name being put out like that.

Of course you’re correct. I edited my post to say it may be smoke and mirrors from us.

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, UchesPackage said:

you have obviously been on my profile so you'll see i said it on the 2nd of May . Also said this when people were chucking out names for strikers

Tbh I thought I seen that yesterday 

Anyone know what happened with the "fee" Dundee Utd thought they were owed for Neilson? Was expecting to hear more about it in the press

46 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No you get permission from the club to speak with the player to agree the contract etc. The clubs then need to agree fee, structure of payments etc 

So re Lewandowski, he clearly wants gone from Bayern and has apparently agreed a deal with Barca. 

Bayern haven’t agreed to sell him and are keen to keep him but because he knows what’s on offer at Barca he’s rocking the boat like a man possessed to get the move.

Thats tapping up right? I don’t see Bayern allowing any club to speak to their star striker. 

Maybe there is a nuance to it that I’m missing but it seems like tapping up is rampant and just no one complains about it? 

Really excited to see what players are coming in but I’m sure the management have said we are needing players who have European experience but so far we have not been linked with a single player who has played in Europe before so hopefully some names out of left field to give us of out seat !!!

Just now, Spongebob said:

Really excited to see what players are coming in but I’m sure the management have said we are needing players who have European experience but so far we have not been linked with a single player who has played in Europe before so hopefully some names out of left field to give us of out seat !!!

I don't think they said European experience specifically I think it was just experience (not 22/23 y/o but closer to 27/28)

14 minutes ago, OTT said:

So re Lewandowski, he clearly wants gone from Bayern and has apparently agreed a deal with Barca. 

Bayern haven’t agreed to sell him and are keen to keep him but because he knows what’s on offer at Barca he’s rocking the boat like a man possessed to get the move.

Thats tapping up right? I don’t see Bayern allowing any club to speak to their star striker. 

Maybe there is a nuance to it that I’m missing but it seems like tapping up is rampant and just no one complains about it? 

Bayern just signed Mane so Lew will be off now. 

5 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

What kind of European experience are we going to be able to get. Baring in mind our policy is to sign younger players. I’d think someone who’s played the odd qualifying round or a punt on someone from a bigger club who’s had a bad injury and not played for a bit would realistically be our limit. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What kind of European experience are we going to be able to get. Baring in mind our policy is to sign younger players. I’d think someone who’s played the odd qualifying round or a punt on someone from a bigger club who’s had a bad injury and not played for a bit would realistically be our limit. 

Exactly :D 

We should be over the moon with Gordon who has genuine European experience. I don't see us getting much more in that sort of bracket. 

Maybe a few eastern European players might have a decent level of experience like that, but it looks to me that the emphasis is on British/English speaking players which is going to be thin on the ground. 

Still not signed any cover for Gordon, I assume we'll use Stone in the B team in the lowland league since that will allow him to come in if required? 

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Still not signed any cover for Gordon, I assume we'll use Stone in the B team in the lowland league since that will allow him to come in if required? 

Cover for Gordon seems to be a clear weak spot in the squad. I’d imagine if Stone is going to the B team we will be looking for a third keeper. 2 doesn’t seem enough considering the euro campaign and Gordon’s age. 

Edited by GinRummy

Break the bank Hearts whatever it takes, better than Shankland and will earn the club a nice fee. 

Available on a free linked with newco but they think they can get better. 

Callum Hendry has signed for Salford City. Not that we were ever linked with him (just an Evening News article suggesting him as an option), but thought he would have been a good shout as a squad player this year.

Chillidigits
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

can we get it embossed as a background on next season's third kit?

Sorry for being thick but what is the significance of this picture ? Must have emerged before I started to follow the threads.

1 minute ago, FFSJohn said:

Is this Football Manager 22/23?

No he's available on a free just had his contract ripped up. 

Hearts should be all over this. 

2 minutes ago, TommyC said:

Callum Hendry has signed for Salford City. Not that we were ever linked with him (just an Evening News article suggesting him as an option), but thought he would have been a good shout as a squad player this year.

Find it very hard to see Salford City as anything other than a vanity project for Gary Neville and his mates. Do they even have supporters? With the difficulty Bury, Wigan and Bolton have had, there really doesn't seem any purpose in them climbing the leagues. It won't be sustainable without external investment.

Hendry doesn't seem a very good striker. A bit like Tony Watt. Good for mid table teams, but if you're trying to challenge at the top end, you need better, even as a squad player. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***