• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

What's the story with Andy Irving now that his German Div 3 club packed up?

Is he someone we would have back?

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, Jurek said:

Not too bad a shout but i think hell end up at something like Livi.

7 minutes ago, Jurek said:

Hope not he's not good enough hence the reason his best option when leaving Hearts was the 3rd division in Germany,he'll end up at Queens Park or so 

Dick Dastardly
22 minutes ago, Jurek said:

I'd take him on a free if we were trying to pad out a B team. 

9 hours ago, Albert McFly said:

Fair warning on Simms ...... The mood music has changed on loans in England limiting 8 players going out and Everton have to take this into account and may keep him in the wider first team squad 

They are potentially willing to loan him again but unfortunately for us his performance have quite rightly caught the eye of higher level clubs than us who want him 

Simms isn’t affected by the new rules It’s only players over the age of 22 and older.  It also exempts home grown players ie players who have been with their club for at least three years at the point of loan. The new rules are to stop the likes of Chelsea signing up lots of experienced players just to stop other clubs signing them. 

28 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Not too bad a shout but i think hell end up at something like Livi.

He isn’t good enough for Livi.   More like Raith or the Pars 

section s heart
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He isn’t good enough for Livi.   More like Raith or the Pars 

Not impossible a PL club would take a chance on him, but I'm doubtful. Pretty sure it wouldn't be Livi as Martindale insists on high work rate and a bit of physicality. 

vegas-voss
39 minutes ago, Jurek said:

Not for me.Vastly over rated and I just don't think the lad had the heart for games when the going got tough.

“We have got to be careful and make sure we continue to cut our cloth appropriately but we are in the very fortunate position that all the money we get from our football success will go back into the football department and that is a position I never thought we would be in a few years ago!“

👀 

Biffa Bacon
3 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

“We have got to be careful and make sure we continue to cut our cloth appropriately but we are in the very fortunate position that all the money we get from our football success will go back into the football department and that is a position I never thought we would be in a few years ago!“

👀

Ann is on holiday, she was on a flight on Thursday, I would be surprised if she was giving quotes to newspapers at this point.

4 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Ann is on holiday, she was on a flight on Thursday, I would be surprised if she was giving quotes to newspapers at this point.

Probably from an interview done just before she went on her jollies 📝 

Biffa Bacon
Just now, MattyK82 said:

Probably from an interview done just before she went on her jollies 📝 

Most likely 

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

See at that level, you’re never 100% on holiday. 

15 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

👀

That’s my favourite comment from the interview right there.   We’ve certainly come a long way and exciting times are ahead.  

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, pointon said:

Irving is not good enough neither is Paterson or Nicholson time to move on folks

This 👍🏻

Rick Sanchez

:laugh:

If we signed Andy Irving and Blair Spittal the same people would be on moaning when we're getting papped by Ross County and Livingston.

**** me man.

Any new signings now need to challenge and hopefully push our existing players out of the team. If they're squad fillers, they'll need to be better than our existing squad fillers.

Just now, johnking123 said:

Its embarrassing to even say Irving and Spittal.  Think closer to 2006 type signings.

Oooooft any more details 

Jean Louis Valois
4 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Its embarrassing to even say Irving and Spittal.  Think closer to 2006 type signings.

Lee Johnson?

Special Agent Dale Cooper
5 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Lee Johnson?

And his bestie Chris "Cannae" Hackett

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

See at that level, you’re never 100% on holiday. 

Particularly if you’ve got the galloping shits from a dodgy plate of prawns.

What’s Brad McKay or Billy king up to these days maybe Chuck in Kevin Mchattie for good measure could do a job no

26 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Vertoghen is happening…..

10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Vertoghen is happening…..

That would be at odds with Savages philosophy of investing in good players that also create sell on for the club. 

Edited by Gmcjambo

5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Ok, maybe not 2006. But think better signings please. Not guff from teams around us!

**** that we need guid honest humble laddies 

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, pointon said:

**** that we need guid honest humble laddies 

2006 was the height of our foreigner nobodies 😩

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

2006 was the height of our foreigner nobodies 😩

Bloody foreigners they just don’t get it 😄

Jambo in Bathgate

Patience is the name of the game. Leaks from Tynecastle are rare these days. As we can see we are at a different level now to all the others out side those two. Maybe we should say thanks as the season outside the SPFL made us regroup and come back stronger as it did in 2014/2015. We are at our best when our backs are against the wall. Great Football Club and Great Supporters pulling together. HHGH 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Patience is the name of the game. Leaks from Tynecastle are rare these days. As we can see we are at a different level now to all the others out side those two. Maybe we should say thanks as the season outside the SPFL made us regroup and come back stronger as it did in 2014/2015. We are at our best when our backs are against the wall. Great Football Club and Great Supporters pulling together. HHGH 

all true. That said the transfer rumours thread has become a disaster 😂

BackOfTheNet
32 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Ok, maybe not 2006. But think better signings please. Not guff from teams around us!

**** it, I’m gonna ask… level of whelms?

stevie1874
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Not advocating any of these guys but we have to fill out the squad a bit more this year so think their will be a couple of meh signings. Irving would be one of these types of squad players who could raise his game with better players around him although his pace was always an issue. 

King prawn

Baffled by some of the names being posted - Andy Irving ????

Come on people. We want Baningames, McKays, Kingsleys and the like. Not someone who struggled in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Baffled by some of the names being posted - Andy Irving ????

Come on people. We want Baningames, McKays, Kingsleys and the like. Not someone who struggled in the Championship.

I’d go as far to say we should be aiming for better than these players u list, that’s the next level and the only way we will get closer to the big 2. I know that will cost and it may be unfeasible

Ideally at least 5 of the new signings should be first picks. If we can afford every signing being a first pick then fantastic (but probably beyond our budget without diluting overall quality).

We certainly need a far better second pick goalkeeper as backup to Craig. No point having a quality outfield in front of a virtual empty net.

Edited by stuart500

RustyRightPeg
20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

**** it, I’m gonna ask… level of whelms?

It’s still May mate don’t get everyone going :raging:

Simms would be an outstanding signing. Someone to build the team around. We got a teaser for him in the season past. Much more to come and better midfield and attacking players would link better with him. 

Rick Sanchez

I'm not linking the Daily Record but that Ogren chap says Dundee Utd need to sell to balance the books.

If we are interested in that Ross Graham I'd imagine we'll bid.

johnking123
6 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Ideally at least 5 of the new signings should be first picks. If we can afford every signing being a first pick then fantastic (but probably beyond our budget without diluting overall quality).

We certainly need a far better second pick goalkeeper as backup to Craig. No point having a quality outfield in front of a virtual empty net.

Think the idea is everyone is a first pick. You just to fight to keep your place.

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It’s still May mate don’t get everyone going :raging:

But you see, there’s already been an indication that the names being banded about are underwhelming. And that we should be aiming higher. Which tells us someone knows what level to expect. I simply posed the question.

stevie1874
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Simms would be an outstanding signing. Someone to build the team around. We got a teaser for him in the season past. Much more to come and better midfield and attacking players would link better with him. 

I wonder if we will try to sign him outright with some sort of buy back clause which might suit Everton or if another loan is the best we can hope for. 

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But you see, there’s already been an indication that the names being banded about are underwhelming. And that we should be aiming higher. Which tells us someone knows what level to expect. I simply posed the question.

It’s still too early for the whelm-o-metre to be brought out.  

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***