*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

Opinions, seems if you dont like some we have to knock it on the head, dont like what  you are reading ignore it and move on rather than get into a state 

You’re the one getting into a state about a wee suggestion. I wasn’t dictating, I was politely suggesting/asking. Especially as it’s now taking things off topic. I’m perfectly calm, no worries on my end. You’re the one that sounds like you’re a breath away from saying “you can’t say anything anymore” and “I won’t be saying happy holidays, it’s Christmas!” I suggest you chill and try and not get into a tizzy over a wee forum post.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

:wtfvlad:

was going to give an intellectual breakdown of that post, but..............

I Got Nothing GIFs | Tenor

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You’re the one getting into a state about a wee suggestion. I wasn’t dictating, I was politely suggesting/asking. Especially as it’s now taking things off topic. I’m perfectly calm, no worries on my end. You’re the one that sounds like you’re a breath away from saying “you can’t say anything anymore” and “I won’t be saying happy holidays, it’s Christmas!” I suggest you chill and try and not get into a tizzy over a wee forum post.

Sure, you are all over this, bye 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I feel it’s a riddle

11 minutes ago, merrymac said:

was going to give an intellectual breakdown of that post, but..............

I Got Nothing GIFs | Tenor

😂😂

RustyRightPeg
6 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I used to work with his mrs (if it’s the blond lass he’s still with), so can confirm she’s Edinburgh (ITK) could just be up seeing her season-end. However, Simms, Uche, Boyce, McKay and one or two more solid forwards would be an unreal forward selection 

She had a pop up shop at St James quarter for her gym gear today 

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Came in to read Budge interview, either at the cooking sherry and everyone has fallen hook line and sinker or Jimmy lad has decided that the time is nigh.

Too long in the tooth, take it as it comes, Forrest and Shankland a smokescreen 

Agreed

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Agreed

If you agree that means you actually know what that post means. 

Well done, as I can't make any sense of it 

8 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Uche now ffs man 🤦‍♂️

What about Connor Randall? How about bringing McHattie back instead of Cochrane? If we miss out on Forrest what about Danny Amankwaa?

Let us move forward.

😂😂 Fat chance, the Stendel debate reared its ugly behind the other night 🙄. At least we've moved on from Lafferty & Cummings tho...

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not saying you do this, but on this football forum whenever his name comes up, whether he has got a good move/played well or missed a chance or been punted there’s the usual suspects on here that feel they have to make a song and dance about how shite they think he is. He was unorthodox, certainly, but he’s not anywhere near as bad as some like to make him out to be. Was just trying to nip that in the bud before it started, as there’s a few who would jump on it I’m sure. And I just think it’s harsh on the guy - and as I say the player too.

For a short while, prior to injury in the Motherwell game, he was excellent

44 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If you agree that means you actually know what that post means. 

Well done, as I can't make any sense of it 

Not a clue in all honesty

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Not a clue in all honesty

Should be a question mark at the end. Is Forrest and Shankland a smokescreen if Budge is suggesting we are backing the team with major signings.

Your right it is a riddle, not my one, Savage had indicated we were looking to sign two standard players Budge saying we are looking to cement ourselves in Europe. 

And I am too old to get suckered into believing anything. 

Apologies for the confusion 

13 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Should be a question mark at the end. Is Forrest and Shankland a smokescreen if Budge is suggesting we are backing the team with major signings.

Your right it is a riddle, not my one, Savage had indicated we were looking to sign two standard players Budge saying we are looking to cement ourselves in Europe. 

And I am too old to get suckered into believing anything. 

Apologies for the confusion 

🤐😬

Don't think we will announce anything until the window officially opens.. not 100% when that is

Think I saw from someone in the know in this thread that Hearts are currently talking with an unnamed Australian defender. Just connecting the dots the rumour has been going around in Australia that Central Coast defender Kye Rowles has been in talks with a couple of unnamed Scottish clubs so wouldn’t surprise me if one of those clubs is Hearts, especially with the club having picked up Atkinson and Devlin from the A league who have turned out to be decent signings and would have cost f all. 

Rick Sanchez
2 hours ago, MelbJambo said:

Think I saw from someone in the know in this thread that Hearts are currently talking with an unnamed Australian defender. Just connecting the dots the rumour has been going around in Australia that Central Coast defender Kye Rowles has been in talks with a couple of unnamed Scottish clubs so wouldn’t surprise me if one of those clubs is Hearts, especially with the club having picked up Atkinson and Devlin from the A league who have turned out to be decent signings and would have cost f all. 

Now there's a decent link.

6ft 1", left footed centre back, 23, played in the Olympic team like Natty.

Not many teams in Scotland could afford him. Could be a goer this.

3 hours ago, MelbJambo said:

Thanks for posting. 

seen him play much?

BackOfTheNet
4 hours ago, MelbJambo said:

Interesting indeed. Fits the signing policy, definitely a position we need to fill and a market we have had success in recently. Also, a year left on the contract suggests a fee will be needed, but going by what we paid for Devlin and Atkinson, shouldn’t be out of our range. Not capped, but is in the current squad so may be soon enough. Only thing I can’t find is the obligatory YouTube video…

RustyRightPeg
19 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Uche now ffs man 🤦‍♂️

What about Connor Randall? How about bringing McHattie back instead of Cochrane? If we miss out on Forrest what about Danny Amankwaa?

Let us move forward.

21 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Uche kicking about St James quarter with his Mrs selling her gym gear.

In before any rumours start. 

Relax mate, that’s where it all started and it’s clear all I said was he was helping her sell her gym gear. 

Interestingly he was the only player to play the full 90 versus Barcelona in an aus' all star match afew days ago.   4231 formation as a left sided ch. 

Further I noticed their Lone Striker that day was Cumdog.   Who managed to start and play 57 minutes. 

:cornette_dog:

Some highlights. 

Edited by HMFC01

Ford Prentice
On 27/05/2022 at 08:40, Ford Prentice said:

If Everton want to either loan Simms out again or move him on I could see Rangers stepping in. They're short of strikers and would know what they were getting. If they were interested sadly we could forget it, can't compete financially.

From BBC gossip this morning:

"Rangers should make a move for Ellis Simms following the Everton striker's impressive loan spell at Hearts last season, says former Ibrox forward Kenny Miller. (Sunday Mail)".

Was just a matter of time.

5 hours ago, MelbJambo said:

Short write up

2 hours ago, CMc said:

Thanks for posting. 

seen him play much?

Not much. He is highly rated though in Aus and is recognised as one of if not the best CB’s in the A league, particularly after this year where he cemented himself as the first choice centre half in a very young Central Coast team that did surprisingly well in the league. He is contracted for another year though so would command some sort of fee. Word in Australia is that it’s a decent sized fee but I doubt Central Coast could or would demand more than about $500k Australian so about $300k GBP, so would be doable for Hearts. Where it would get tricky though is how Hearts would utilise him. I don’t see him as a like for like replacement for Souttar in either style or quality so whether Hearts would bring him in to slot straight in along side Halkett and Kingsley who knows, I do see him

as more a squad/prospect type player though he does have some serious potential. 

26 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

From BBC gossip this morning:

"Rangers should make a move for Ellis Simms following the Everton striker's impressive loan spell at Hearts last season, says former Ibrox forward Kenny Miller. (Sunday Mail)".

Was just a matter of time.

Saw this sorry on daily record click bait. Kenny miller thinks they should sign Simms. What’s it got to do with him? Compare it to how the link shows up

17 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Can’t say it’s a great article myself. It’s basically no more than someone could have (and probably) has posted on here. With very unambitious potential players being listed.

And none of those listed excite anyone apart from the players agents.

17 hours ago, SM Sheffield said:

Joel Sked is wrong on Calum Paterson he is not out of contract. 

Is there a high chance the option to extend will be taken up ?

Ford Prentice
44 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Saw this sorry on daily record click bait. Kenny miller thinks they should sign Simms. What’s it got to do with him? Compare it to how the link shows up

Agree that whether or not Rangers are interested in Simms nothing to do with Kenny Miller or the tabloids. But as I posted a couple of days ago it was just a matter of time before the possibility was raised.

Would be surprised if Rangers had not taken note of Simms's performances and he's within their budget. Appreciate they may not be interested but if they are we're snookered.

SM Sheffield
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Is there a high chance the option to extend will be taken up ?

Player and club have already agreed. He has another year 

Rick Sanchez
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Relax mate, that’s where it all started and it’s clear all I said was he was helping her sell her gym gear. 

Sorry mate, it was more frustration aimed at your Nicholson, Irving, Lafferty and soon to be Walker brigade. 

The type of folk that won't ever be back and are a waste of time discussing IMO.

1 hour ago, MelbJambo said:

Not much. He is highly rated though in Aus and is recognised as one of if not the best CB’s in the A league, particularly after this year where he cemented himself as the first choice centre half in a very young Central Coast team that did surprisingly well in the league. He is contracted for another year though so would command some sort of fee. Word in Australia is that it’s a decent sized fee but I doubt Central Coast could or would demand more than about $500k Australian so about $300k GBP, so would be doable for Hearts. Where it would get tricky though is how Hearts would utilise him. I don’t see him as a like for like replacement for Souttar in either style or quality so whether Hearts would bring him in to slot straight in along side Halkett and Kingsley who knows, I do see him

as more a squad/prospect type player though he does have some serious potential. 

I see Oli Bozanic is Central Coast’s captain too, possibly could be putting in a good word about hearts to Rowles

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Agree that whether or not Rangers are interested in Simms nothing to do with Kenny Miller or the tabloids. But as I posted a couple of days ago it was just a matter of time before the possibility was raised.

Would be surprised if Rangers had not taken note of Simms's performances and he's within their budget. Appreciate they may not be interested but if they are we're snookered.

I think they will explore other avenues myself.  Maybe hope on my part, but we shall see in due course. 

Suspect their new higher profile might attract a better standard to them. 

TyphoonJambo
16 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

:wtfvlad:

Not just me then!

Batistuta87
19 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I think they will explore other avenues myself.  Maybe hope on my part, but we shall see in due course. 

Suspect their new higher profile might attract a better standard to them. 

Hope so! He's right though he would be a very good signing. 

Sort of agree though - I think they'll go more for "tried and tested" players who have already played at the top and who will help them have another punt in Europe. And another Aaron Ramsay type surprisingly big name signing wouldn't surprise me either. 

Assuming our only hope of getting him back next season will be on loan again, but they might have some bigger clubs asking for him and might prefer to send him there. Depends who it is obviously because coming back to us gives him valuable experience in Europe if they do have plans to use him in the future. 

Idel scenario would be another Beni type deal where somehow get him on a permanent deal, maybe with a buy back clause or first refusal or something for Everton.

1 hour ago, MelbJambo said:

Thanks buddy. 

so is it safe to infer from this that he’s more of a traditional ball winning CB than Souttar?

I guess if we did sign him, Kingsley would switch to full back with him at LCB. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Hope so! He's right though he would be a very good signing. 

Sort of agree though - I think they'll go more for "tried and tested" players who have already played at the top and who will help them have another punt in Europe. And another Aaron Ramsay type surprisingly big name signing wouldn't surprise me either. 

Assuming our only hope of getting him back next season will be on loan again, but they might have some bigger clubs asking for him and might prefer to send him there. Depends who it is obviously because coming back to us gives him valuable experience in Europe if they do have plans to use him in the future. 

Idel scenario would be another Beni type deal where somehow get him on a permanent deal, maybe with a buy back clause or first refusal or something for Everton.

Everton have financial problems, perhaps getting players off the books, maybe more of a priority than other EPL clubs, particularly after such a close call, creating room for a rebuild 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, CMc said:

Thanks buddy. 

so is it safe to infer from this that he’s more of a traditional ball winning CB than Souttar?

Getting Kingsley back to left back would be good for us, rather it was a 4 moving forwards 

10 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Getting Kingsley back to left back would be good for us, rather it was a 4 moving forwards 

Would broadly agree. 

Would be class if we got a good attacking wingback in and we had the option of having Kingsley at CB/LCB for distribution when we wanted to go very attacking. Or move him to fullback with a more ball winning LCB in his place when we need to keep it tighter. 

A good LCB, RCB and LB would give us loads of options. 

Souttar is going to be hard to replace though. When 3 at the back worked, his distribution was a huge part of why. Savage will have played a blinder if he gets anyone anywhere close to having both the defensive skills and the passing ability. 

Edited by CMc

Kenny Miller is such a fud and he seems to have a real problem with Hearts and likes to try and put us in our place when ever there is an opportunity bit of a strange guy really ………………. probably still scarred from the championship season where we skudded his beloved blue bigots while he was scuttling around up front for them

I think he went in to the Hearts dressing room after we beat them in a game once and told our team to stop celebrating can you even imagine the level of ****wittery that would take ……….. disappointed that no body kicked his head in for that

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Kenny Miller is such a fud and he seems to have a real problem with Hearts and likes to try and put us in our place when ever there is an opportunity bit of a strange guy really ………………. probably still scarred from the championship season where we skudded his beloved blue bigots while he was scuttling around up front for them

I think he went in to the Hearts dressing room after we beat them in a game once and told our team to stop celebrating can you even imagine the level of ****wittery that would take ……….. disappointed that no body kicked his head in for that

weird looking ***** isn’t he.  Like a boiled egg

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If it was the game where he crippled

Kevin McHattie he was taking a chance imo. 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

TBF, my season ticket was very close to the touch line throughout most of his playing career with the hobos and both of the bigots. 

Particularly in his early career where he used to have a wide starting position and cut in, he used to get it extremely tight from our fans. He would try to chat back and get it even tighter. 

I’m pretty sure if any of us had a newspaper column we’d scatter in digs about him on the regular. Not a total shock he’s doing it to us. 

Mick from Oz
8 hours ago, MelbJambo said:

To be honest having watched both play in the A League if you asked me which player will have a better career, I would say Atkinson without a doubt.

One of Kye Rowles weaknesses is his passing, wasn't shown in the highlights but his poor pass led to the first Barcelona goal, does it more often than allowable for my taste, not sure why he made the Aussie squad for the upcoming qualifier.

Trent Sainsbury just out of contract in Belgium to me is a better footballer.

18 minutes ago, CMc said:

Thanks buddy. 

Yep that’s about right mate. Technically limited but really solid defensively and a decent athlete too. 

I do think a dark horse for this Australian defender Hearts are said to be in talks with could also be Trent Sainsbury. Almost 30 I believe but he is out of contract at the moment after coming off a couple of years with Kortrijk in Belgium. A genuinely talented footballer who seemed to suffer from a lack of ambition throughout his career, never really fulfilling his potential. Though he has appeared for both Inter Milan and PSV over the past 5 years or so which should indicate his talent. Very similar player to Souttar, traditionally plays as a right sided centre half and is very comfortable with the ball at his feet. Would likely demand a bit more in wages than Rowles but wouldn’t need a transfer fee and has almost a decade of European football experience. 

3 minutes ago, CMc said:

TBF, my season ticket was very close to the touch line throughout most of his playing career with the hobos and both of the bigots. 

Particularly in his early career where he used to have a wide starting position and cut in, he used to get it extremely tight from our fans. He would try to chat back and get it even tighter. 

I’m pretty sure if any of us had a newspaper column we’d scatter in digs about him on the regular. Not a total shock he’s doing it to us. 

Probably explains it right enough but if any of us had tried to end a fellow pros career with a tackle like his one on McHattie then I reckon most of us would probably rein it in a little ……………. ugly wee Hun cretin that he is

Batistuta87
17 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Everton have financial problems, perhaps getting players off the books, maybe more of a priority than other EPL clubs, particularly after such a close call, creating room for a rebuild 

I think they'll be trying to get big earners who aren't offering value for money off their payroll rather than young lads on comparably low wages. But yeah there is always the chance that they'll want rid of anyone not currently good enough for the first team too. We should still ask the question - what would it take to buy him - and take it from there. I'd be disappointed if we haven't at least asked. 

7 minutes ago, Mick from Oz said:

To be honest having watched both play in the A League if you asked me which player will have a better career, I would say Atkinson without a doubt.

One of Kye Rowles weaknesses is his passing, wasn't shown in the highlights but his poor pass led to the first Barcelona goal, does it more often than allowable for my taste, not sure why he made the Aussie squad for the upcoming qualifier.

Trent Sainsbury just out of contract in Belgium to me is a better footballer.

Quite right mate. I’d agree Sainsbury would be the better fit for Hearts. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***