*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

RustyRightPeg

Conor McGrandles leaving Lincoln. 

Available on a free, would be a good squad player. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

27 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

I’d go as far to say we should be aiming for better than these players u list, that’s the next level and the only way we will get closer to the big 2. I know that will cost and it may be unfeasible

Yeah exactly. We won’t close the gap in the league or progress in Europe with Barry mckay by far our best attacking threat.

He needs to be fighting for a start and occasionally not good enough to be in the starting 11.

41 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Baffled by some of the names being posted - Andy Irving ????

Come on people. We want Baningames, McKays, Kingsleys and the like. Not someone who struggled in the Championship.

Exactly, some folks standards are pretty low. We're looking for Bednars and Skacels here. 

Edited by Cruyff

22 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Think the idea is everyone is a first pick. You just to fight to keep your place.

Fair comment. I really hope who we get are in theory upgrades.

Do you know if we are trying to recruit a backup keeper? 

BackOfTheNet
18 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It’s still too early for the whelm-o-metre to be brought out.  

Maybe you’re right, not safe to whip that out until after the watershed

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

**** it, I’m gonna ask… level of whelms?

Sir Whelmsalot rides again!!!!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Exactly, some folks standards are pretty low. We're looking for Bednars and Skacels here. 

Absolutely. Prior to this season, we had endured such a lengthy period of 💩 in regards to large proportions of the playing squad(s) so I don’t blame folk for having lower standards. It’s all we’ve known for a while!

Our timing at finishing 3rd and securing group stage European football (and all the 💵 that’ll bring) is an absolute game changer.

That’s before we even consider;

1. Prize money for finishing 3rd.

2. Money from SC run.

3. Money from ST sales (wouldn’t be surprised to see us hit 15,000),

4. Potential further money from the (what appears) likely sale of Hickey (looks like West Ham have officially bid £21.25M for him - which could start a wee bidding war with the other clubs which want him).

Add in Budges comments from her very recent interview (regarding now being able to reinvest all money from success on the pitch into the playing squad) and I think we are in for an exciting summer 😍📝👀B596FEF4-E128-451A-B1A5-5816EC28ACA8.gif.e014b7cad637f9340845497e4a7b4b58.gif

Edited by MattyK82

indianajones
3 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Absolutely. Prior to this season, we had endured such a lengthy period of 💩 in regards to large proportions of the playing squad(s) so I don’t blame folk for having lower standards. It’s all we’ve known for a while!

Our timing at finishing 3rd and securing group stage European football (and all the 💵 that’ll bring) is an absolute game changer.

2. Money from SC run.

4. Potential further money from the (what appears) likely sale of Hickey (looks like West Ham have officially bid £21.25M for him - which could start a wee bidding war with the other clubs which want him).

Add in Budges comments from her very recent interview (regarding now being able to reinvest all money from success on the pitch into the playing squad) and I think we are in for an exciting summer 😍📝👀B596FEF4-E128-451A-B1A5-5816EC28ACA8.gif.e014b7cad637f9340845497e4a7b4b58.gif

Really does feel like we are on the verge of something special. 

A friend of mine who has partial ownership of a corporate box at Ibrox. One of the other owners is friendly with both Locke and Neilson. Neilson and McCulloch were both in the box at the Red Bull game. Apparently Neilson's plan is as most people have stated to consolidate third but he wants to make group stages of Europa league a regular occurrence. The idea obviously being to get into a circle of success whereby league performance and European success continue to increase revenue and allow us to pursue better and better players. A cup win here and there is also what they're hoping for too. If we can get into this kind of successful position then that would be great. 

Hopefully we get it right in this transfer window and if we can get third again and possibly close the gap to 2nd that would be great.

Some very decent players are required in this window for sure as our success this season will almost certainly make us a target for the other 9 clubs, so I expect them to all up their game when playing us.

RustyRightPeg
36 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Maybe you’re right, not safe to whip that out until after the watershed

😂😂

20 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

2. Money from SC run.

Spot on Matty, totallyagree. 👍

RustyRightPeg

Uche kicking about St James quarter with his Mrs selling her gym gear.

In before any rumours start. 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

20 minutes ago, dougal said:

A friend of mine who has partial ownership of a corporate box at Ibrox. One of the other owners is friendly with both Locke and Neilson. Neilson and McCulloch were both in the box at the Red Bull game. Apparently Neilson's plan is as most people have stated to consolidate third but he wants to make group stages of Europa league a regular occurrence. The idea obviously being to get into a circle of success whereby league performance and European success continue to increase revenue and allow us to pursue better and better players. A cup win here and there is also what they're hoping for too. If we can get into this kind of successful position then that would be great. 

Hopefully we get it right in this transfer window and if we can get third again and possibly close the gap to 2nd that would be great.

Some very decent players are required in this window for sure as our success this season will almost certainly make us a target for the other 9 clubs, so I expect them to all up their game when playing us.

It’s really good to hear that. Nailing down 3rd is so important. I think we are the 3rd biggest side in Scotland by  supporter size but all too often have we failed to actually finish there. Really sounds like Neilson is committed for the long hall to this project, and I hope we will see improvement year on year. It’s simply not possible to sustain any challenge if one year we’re 3rd and the next 5th. If we can repeat this season 3 or 4 times we’ll have close to another seasons income in prize money on top which is game changing for us. 

BackOfTheNet
21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Is she from here? I’ve seen him promoting her stuff on social media, but no idea how long they’ve been together or anything. And it would be unpopular, but I would take him back as a squad player. (As long as the financials were minimal) But we should be aiming higher.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Is she from here? I’ve seen him promoting her stuff on social media, but no idea how long they’ve been together or anything. And it would be unpopular, but I would take him back as a squad player. (As long as the financials were minimal) But we should be aiming higher.

Aye she’s an Edinburgh lass. 

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

We will be aiming higher than Uche. Utter shite footballer.

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

We will be aiming higher than Uche. Utter shite footballer.

It’s your opinion, and I’d rather this not turn into a completely unnecessary Uche bashing thread. The guy and the footballer don’t deserve it to be honest.  

1 hour ago, dougal said:

Neilson has literally said all of this in the media, not sure this is an inside scoop exactly 🤷‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm not linking the Daily Record but that Ogren chap says Dundee Utd need to sell to balance the books.

If we are interested in that Ross Graham I'd imagine we'll bid.

Ian Harkes has also been impressive

25 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s your opinion, and I’d rather this not turn into a completely unnecessary Uche bashing thread. The guy and the footballer don’t deserve it to be honest.  

To be fair to uche he went for £1m to Middlesbrough after Wycombe and hearts earned a sell on fee

We are in a good place nothing at all to worry about 

Plenty to look forward to though and thats what counts 

1 hour ago, Braminho said:

Massive summer ahead by the sounds of things, Ross graham in first please 

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I used to work with his mrs (if it’s the blond lass he’s still with), so can confirm she’s Edinburgh (ITK) could just be up seeing her season-end. However, Simms, Uche, Boyce, McKay and one or two more solid forwards would be an unreal forward selection 

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Jurek said:

What's the story with Andy Irving now that his German Div 3 club packed up?

Is he someone we would have back?

No, not good enough. 

Rick Sanchez

Uche now ffs man 🤦‍♂️

What about Connor Randall? How about bringing McHattie back instead of Cochrane? If we miss out on Forrest what about Danny Amankwaa?

Let us move forward.

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Uche now ffs man 🤦‍♂️

What about Connor Randall? How about bringing McHattie back instead of Cochrane? If we miss out on Forrest what about Danny Amankwaa?

Let us move forward.

Relax man 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, FGJambo51 said:

Any deals close to being done?

Close to 2 I believe, 1 expected to be up for talks and look round middle of next week 

Fxxx the SPFL
21 minutes ago, FGJambo51 said:

Any deals close to being done?

Andy Irving seemingly 😜

BackOfTheNet
39 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Uche now ffs man 🤦‍♂️

Let us move forward.

To be fair, his name was brought up tongue in cheek because of him being in Edinburgh. It wasn’t brought up in any seriousness, but in a ‘matter of fact’ way a return was discussed a wee bit, again not seriously though. At least it had an origin to it rather than the usual pining for old players that some do.

58 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Close to 2 I believe, 1 expected to be up for talks and look round middle of next week 

Hopefully we clean up the monoblocks then.

Fxxx the SPFL
39 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Good article

Hobo rag sorry just saw Hearts tweet

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

SM Sheffield
54 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Good article

Joel Sked is wrong on Calum Paterson he is not out of contract. 

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Good article

Can’t say it’s a great article myself. It’s basically no more than someone could have (and probably) has posted on here. With very unambitious potential players being listed.

Ccjambo1874
30 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

Joel Sked is wrong on Calum Paterson he is not out of contract. 

June 2022 according to trnsfrmarket. But the club does have an option to extend it a year currently.

5 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

All I'm saying is Uche is shit and not what we're going to be looking for. I don't dislike the guy, nothing personal. Don't see the issue in saying that, it is a football forum afterall. 

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

All I'm saying is Uche is shit and not what we're going to be looking for. I don't dislike the guy, nothing personal. Don't see the issue in saying that, it is a football forum afterall. 

Not saying you do this, but on this football forum whenever his name comes up, whether he has got a good move/played well or missed a chance or been punted there’s the usual suspects on here that feel they have to make a song and dance about how shite they think he is. He was unorthodox, certainly, but he’s not anywhere near as bad as some like to make him out to be. Was just trying to nip that in the bud before it started, as there’s a few who would jump on it I’m sure. And I just think it’s harsh on the guy - and as I say the player too.

17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not saying you do this, but on this football forum whenever his name comes up, whether he has got a good move/played well or missed a chance or been punted there’s the usual suspects on here that feel they have to make a song and dance about how shite they think he is. He was unorthodox, certainly, but he’s not anywhere near as bad as some like to make him out to be. Was just trying to nip that in the bud before it started, as there’s a few who would jump on it I’m sure. And I just think it’s harsh on the guy - and as I say the player too.

Opinions, seems if you dont like some we have to knock it on the head, dont like what  you are reading ignore it and move on rather than get into a state 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Came in to read Budge interview, either at the cooking sherry and everyone has fallen hook line and sinker or Jimmy lad has decided that the time is nigh.

Too long in the tooth, take it as it comes, Forrest and Shankland a smokescreen 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Came in to read Budge interview, either at the cooking sherry and everyone has fallen hook line and sinker or Jimmy lad has decided that the time is nigh.

Too long in the tooth, take it as it comes, Forrest and Shankland a smokescreen 

:wtfvlad:

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***