*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

11 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Ok. My point is it doesn’t show our strongest squad last season compared with our squad now:

to that extent it’s useless and pointless.

You might as well put the 2005/06 squad up.

It’s the epitome of an apples and pears comparison.

so basically what you want to say is that you feel the squad is not as strong as in may. 

But instead you said that something that is accurate is not accurate and that something factual is bullshit. 

You can make your point about your opinion without trying to delegitimise what @Waterboyhas been doing. FWIW, I think the stuff he is creating for this forum has added to the discussion. Seems weird to attack it, especially when it is data offered without comment in this instance. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Snodgrass still a free agent and been linked on Facebook. Might be worth a one year deal

Rumour flying about that he has sighed a one year deal.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

It is accurate as it compares the squad at the end of the 2021 summer window with the squad at the end of the 2022 summer window. Why are you having such a hard time comprehending that?

I assume/hope Waterboy will be doing similar with the January window 

Its just kind of pointless that’s all.

What he has posted isn’t our strongest squad from last season so it doesn’t really matter a damn how that compares with our squad now.

Im not interested in how weak our squad was last August with how weak our squad is now.

It’s meaningless.

Might as well also post our squad from the end of our Championship window as that wouldnt actually be far off where we are now in terms of comparisons if that’s how we are playing it.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Why are so many people pretending we had a good window - Particulalry when it failed to meet the manager’s stated retirements.

And I am getting slated.

Joe Savage isn’t god folks - deal with it.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

7 minutes ago, SaughtonJambo said:

Looking at the free agent market couple players that would improve us in Europe;

eli dasa, rb

matej vydra, st

Massimo luongo, cm

Izzy Brown, cam

andre wisdom, rb/cb

Free agents can't play in europe. Domestic games only.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, SaughtonJambo said:

Looking at the free agent market couple players that would improve us in Europe;

eli dasa, rb

matej vydra, st

Massimo luongo, cm

Izzy Brown, cam

andre wisdom, rb/cb

**** sake

And I’m getting grief.

We missed the Euro bus mate. By some distance.

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Its just kind of pointless that’s all.

What he has posted isn’t our strongest squad from last season so it doesn’t really matter a damn how that compares with our squad now.

Im not interested in how weak our squad was last August with how weak our squad is now.

It’s meaningless.

Might as well also post our squad from the end of our Championship window as that would actually be far off where we are now in terms of comparisons if that’s how we are playing it.

You’ve moved off strawmen on to false equivalence argument now. Playing logic fallacy bingo?

I’m not actually seeing anyone question your opinion. Just your attacks on a totally neutral post. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
46 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

As long as he hasn't turned into another Charlie Adam :oldsad:

59 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Not what I'd ideally have liked a few weeks ago, but I'd take him at least until we can sort out the position properly in January. He's about to turn 35, but he's always been more reliant on technique than pace and he was apparently good for Luton last season in their run to the play-offs.

Tom Rogic was my bit on here when things got slow but stunningly he's still sitting at home. Still think he wouldn't sign with us but what a #10 for us he could be.

Naisys Tackle
14 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Tom Rogic was my bit on here when things got slow but stunningly he's still sitting at home. Still think he wouldn't sign with us but what a #10 for us he could be.

Retiring.  

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Retiring.  

Yeah, a month ago he was retiring, signing for Lenny, and going to Qatar.

Not convinced of any of them obvs.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, SaughtonJambo said:

eli dasa, rb

matej vydra, st

Massimo luongo, cm

Izzy Brown, cam

andre wisdom, rb/cb

These are all super, probably choose the english guy for RB, but wow

Think we must have been trying to get these already, esp. the striker

7 hours ago, SaughtonJambo said:

eli dasa, rb

matej vydra, st

Massimo luongo, cm

Izzy Brown, cam

andre wisdom, rb/cb

Pretty sure Vydra has done his cruciate and is out until January 

5 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

My Celtic neighbour says he's just not that into it, he smokes 40 a day and he's from a rich family, can't be arsed training all the time.

8 hours ago, SaughtonJambo said:

eli dasa, rb

matej vydra, st

Massimo luongo, cm

Izzy Brown, cam

andre wisdom, rb/cb

None of them will be eligible to play in Europe, this is why people are so angry

9 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Getting back into third is extremely important for the longer term 

3rd guarentees nothing though

There's a reason why some of these guys are free agents. 

They have a bad attitude.

They are injury prone. 

They have little interest in playing football anymore. 

Etc... 

It doesn't matter who they were, who they used to play for. They have to want to come and play here first and foremost. 

It's a joke that we're in this position to be frank. Any player we sign now hasn't had a pre season, hasn't kicked a ball in months and will take a while to get match sharp. 

Just now, allystrachan said:

It will when Celtic win the treble. 

I agree there is a good (very good) chance of that but no guarantee 

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

...Any player we sign now hasn't had a pre season, hasn't kicked a ball in months and will take a while to get match sharp. 

Except those released on the final day of the window, or thereabouts

Leveins Battalion

Regarding the comments on this thread about Joe Savage.

Robbie,the players and the fans were all expecting arrivals so I think its fair and valid to question our recruitment,I get we have signed players but of that Clark is a number 2 goalkeeper.Neilson was seen as one for the future,Grant isn't good enough,we've yet to see Kio,Forrest and Shankland look solid enough,Rowles looks top class and Humphrys was a last minute panic loan who did not look great on Saturday.

With the money we pump in we've every right to question this.

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Except those released on the final day of the window, or thereabouts

Yeah I suppose that's right. You'd hope those guys will be hungry to get back at a club and have a good level of fitness. It's maybe harder to find the right player in the free agents market. 

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yeah I suppose that's right. You'd hope those guys will be hungry to get back at a club and have a good level of fitness. It's maybe harder to find the right player in the free agents market. 

Players a free agents for a reason. 

Could be fitness issues.

Attitude problems.

There's usually a reason a club tells a player they are being let go and that player doesn't have another club waiting to take them.

We are either looking for the exceptions or looking for the player who's had fitness problems and worth a gamble.

11 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Regarding the comments on this thread about Joe Savage.

Robbie,the players and the fans were all expecting arrivals so I think its fair and valid to question our recruitment,I get we have signed players but of that Clark is a number 2 goalkeeper.Neilson was seen as one for the future,Grant isn't good enough,we've yet to see Kio,Forrest and Shankland look solid enough,Rowles looks top class and Humphrys was a last minute panic loan who did not look great on Saturday.

With the money we pump in we've every right to question this.

What if Robbie & Joe have identified targets and the Board haven't been able or willing to assist? Seems Savage is the guy taking the stick for the perceived recruitment issues. Maybe the chequebook has been a factor. 

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

What if Robbie & Joe have identified targets and the Board haven't been able or willing to assist? Seems Savage is the guy taking the stick for the perceived recruitment issues. Maybe the chequebook has been a factor. 

The truth is we don't know what goes on.  However it appears that someone didn't do their homework on that South Korean's contract in one case.

Ricardo Quaresma
31 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I suspect it's newly-released ones we're after

Leveins Battalion
43 minutes ago, Carter said:

You can't really blame the board,the budget is the budget its upto the recruitment department to source within that budget.

Ryan Bennett is my guess for c/b that are available Danny rose is available but he is left back. Adel taarabt is would be interesting 🤔 

3 minutes ago, smartin1987 said:

Ryan Bennett is my guess for c/b that are available Danny rose is available but he is left back. Adel taarabt is would be interesting 🤔 

Abel Taarbet is exactly the type of player we want to avoid. Stinking attitude, a prima donna, doesn't look after himself, isn't fit or half the time interested. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Abel Taarbet is exactly the type of player we want to avoid. Stinking attitude, a prima donna, doesn't look after himself, isn't fit or half the time interested. 

I get that but if you get him going he can be a good player your probably correct to much baggage 

Just now, smartin1987 said:

I get that but if you get him going he can be a good player your probably correct to much baggage 

Every manager has thought that then realised he's an arsehole. Who was the QPR manager that made him captain? He probably got the best out him for 20-30 games. 

Some of the comments on here highlight just how hard it is to bring in the right quality of player.  Instant dismissal of players ability after 5 mins in a Hearts jersey.  Our recruitment thus far has been good.  Not sure what level of player some were expecting.

Far to many greetin faced bairns on this thread.

I wanted this. I didn’t get what I wanted so I’m going to throw my toys out the pram and scream and scream until I’m sick.

Grow up.

As for those saying you pump your money in so should be able to question this. No. Doesn’t work like that. You know it doesn’t work like that so give up trying to drive a narrative.

FOH money does not go towards recruitment. If it is ever is directed towards recruitment then it may be possible for a system to be put in place however that would be unlikely.

We really need someone to link the midfield and forwards, as much as Boyce lost confidence in front of goal, he was tremendous at linking the play and coaching others on the pitch. We have seen the last 2 games what a miss he has been. Someone like Snodgrass could be ideal. He has had a great career and others have said has never had pace. He was playing Premiership football for West Ham not so long ago and was loved down there by their fans. I would definitely take him for the rest of the season. 

13 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Far to many greetin faced bairns on this thread.

I wanted this. I didn’t get what I wanted so I’m going to throw my toys out the pram and scream and scream until I’m sick.

Grow up.

As for those saying you pump your money in so should be able to question this. No. Doesn’t work like that. You know it doesn’t work like that so give up trying to drive a narrative.

FOH money does not go towards recruitment. If it is ever is directed towards recruitment then it may be possible for a system to be put in place however that would be unlikely.

Fans have always questioned signings, tactics and individual players at every club. Why should Hearts fans be different?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

3rd guarentees nothing though

2 hours ago, Tour22 said:

All about the Scottish Cup.

Increases your percentages greatly. Winning the Scottish Cup is becoming very difficult, I doubt Celtic will lose a game all season, in which case you want to finish 3rd

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fans have always questioned signings, tactics and individual players at every club. Why should Hearts fans be different?

Indeed. We have made slightly above average signings at best I would say. We aren't signing current international footballers (at any ranking) this window bar Rowles, who is only just in that sphere. Though as per Waterboy graphics, we are steadily improving the squad which is good.

I would question quality over quantity, are they really quality signings, I'm not sure. Again not to diss these boys, all perfectly capable of coming in and being part of the squad, I thought we would sign 3 guaranteed starters, undroppables. However the week gone by, nobody has really showed they can be the differentiator against awkward, well organised opposition.

With exception of Rowles, I'm not seeing the superstars. Shankland will score goals and will be popular, but he needs the help to do it, unlike Simms, he is not going to barge past 3 or 4 defenders and score or tee someone up, Forrest will have good games and bad games, we need to accept that and hope he can get his level to 75% good rather than 50%. Grant is new to our game, it takes some getting used to it, and he clearly needs to get his head together.

Long season ahead, everyone will be needed, its how much game time you actually want to give each player in your group, for me, missing 3 very vital parts still, RCB, playmaker and a quick forward

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Every manager has thought that then realised he's an arsehole. Who was the QPR manager that made him captain? He probably got the best out him for 20-30 games. 

was it not Warnock? threatened to fine him if he dropped back in to has own half and also threatened to fine his defenders if they passed to him in his own half 😂 in so doing managed to cut out 90% of his pissing about out of position and not doing anything helpful. 

25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe more so now given the amount of financial investment from the supporters since post admin.

it’s Footy Man Ownership now.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You can't really blame the board,the budget is the budget its upto the recruitment department to source within that budget.

That seems to be proving difficult.

33 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Increases your percentages greatly. Winning the Scottish Cup is becoming very difficult, I doubt Celtic will lose a game all season, in which case you want to finish 3rd

Agree. I'd be very surprised if they didn't go through the season unbeaten. by god, it must be the dullest thing in the world being a celtic fan.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

The truth is we don't know what goes on.  However it appears that someone didn't do their homework on that South Korean's contract in one case.

Or we knew exactly what the position was and have decided to wait rather than pay a large fee? (I have no idea either way, but I'm sure there are a bunch of possible reasons)

3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Agree. I'd be very surprised if they didn't go through the season unbeaten. by god, it must be the dullest thing in the world being a celtic fan.

This is the first time for a while that you can see Celtic are on a different level to everyone else in the league, including Rangers. They will not drop many points throughout the season that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

We really need someone to link the midfield and forwards, as much as Boyce lost confidence in front of goal, he was tremendous at linking the play and coaching others on the pitch. We have seen the last 2 games what a miss he has been. Someone like Snodgrass could be ideal. He has had a great career and others have said has never had pace. He was playing Premiership football for West Ham not so long ago and was loved down there by their fans. I would definitely take him for the rest of the season. 

Whelan and Damour were playing Premiership football not long before we signed them!

That said, I think Snodgrass would be a helpful acquisition.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***