*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

16 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Can we try to get this back on topic a bit (a big ask I know).

We were linked with Ramirez from the sheep.

Neilson has denied we asked for him on loan but he tells journalists whatever he wants.

Ramirez posted a cryptic tweet then deleted his account.

The rumour going around was that he had been released. He's only appeared twice in their squad so far this season and last game he wasn't in their squad at all.

Does anyone know what's going on with him? Anyone have any sheep mates who can shed some light?

If he is becoming a free agent soon or his contract has been terminated or whatever, surely we'll be in for him, 15 goals last season in a shite squad.

20220903_100235.jpg

20220901_203517.jpg

if he is not a free agent just now we cant sign him until january

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

But according to some on jkb, we’re fine? 🤷🏻‍♂️

They need to decide if they agree with RN or not now 😁

There are quite a few on here whose opinion seems to change depending on whether it will result in even mild criticism of the club.

Shankland is the perfect example. When he was suggested in previous years it was shouted down by some because he was the next Gavin Reilly or James Keatings. Then Hearts wanted to sign him and things suddenly changed.

The club has done a lot of things well in the window. The players we've seen so far all look like they'll add something. We seem to have added depth in quality at goalkeeper, left side of defence and midfield. Rowles in particular looks like a potentially brilliant find.

A right-sided defender would be a big help, but my issue is still the forward areas. I'm not convinced we've brought in anyone who can hurt better teams and the depth isn't there either. If McKay or Shankland get injured then we're really toiling.

I'm sure this is recognised by the club and when Neilson is talking about areas we need to improve this is what he means. A quality attacker would make a huge difference - it's just a shame we won't see them in Europe.

20 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Neilson has denied we asked for him on loan but he tells journalists whatever he wants.

The rumour going around was that he had been released. He's only appeared twice in their squad so far this season and last game he wasn't in their squad at all.

Does anyone know what's going on with him? Anyone have any sheep mates who can shed some light?

If he is becoming a free agent soon or his contract has been terminated or whatever, surely we'll be in for him, 15 goals last season in a shite squad.

20220903_100235.jpg

20220901_203517.jpg

I suspect that huff is much more likely due to him NOT being released. Goodwin won't play him and he clearly wants out.

He also sent a tweet congratulating David Bates on getting a move.

34 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s a great piece of succession planning. We’re obviously not perturbed that he was looking higher up than us, and why shouldn’t he,but he didn’t get anything and I imagine we’ve been his fall back for quite a while and we’ve been happy to be patient with it. No one of his class really wants to be a back up but the future path for him will be quite clear and he’ll probably be our starting keeper from the start of next season or very shortly thereafter 

The start of next season seems way too soon.  More likely to play cup games and a handful of league games I think.

ScandinavianJambo
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Well, to conclude my thoughts on the transfer window for Europe.

Really good additions, very positive about most, if not all of them. It's the non-additions that I think will hurt us, we're too thin in some key positions imo.

Yep, I have to say that I agree with you, but as Robbie says, McKay cam late last year, so here is for hoping!

Craig Gordon lives for playing football.  Utterly determined to play for years and win every game.  A good back-up will push him on to be even more competitive.  He'll play another 5 years,  hopefully here.

Dick Dastardly

If signing Clark and playing him in a few games throughout the season can help Gordon stay fit and playing longer than its a big yes from me. It could add a couple of years on to his career

12 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Might be better than CG in 18 months. And I'm sure that's the point.

I think we'll see Craig and Zander sharing the goalkeeping duties until December or as long as we are in Europe. Big sides in England do this and I don't see Clark agreeing to sign for us to keep the bench warm.

Folk being disparaging towards Craig Gordon now? Is nothing sacred? Even Hibs.net accept he's incredible. Voted the best player in the league last season up against likes of £7m Jota, £25m Bassey and £10m (with add ons) Aribo. But aye he's finished ... 

18 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Might be better than CG in 18 months. And I'm sure that's the point.

Exactly. Hopefully Craig lasts a good while yet but ultimately he will not be able to play at the top of his game anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Folk being disparaging towards Craig Gordon now? Is nothing sacred? Even Hibs.net accept he's incredible. Voted the best player in the league last season up against likes of £7m Jota, £25m Bassey and £10m (with add ons) Aribo. But aye he's finished ... 

Insane.  The boy's superman.

Hadn't seen that bit of news, but I'm delighted to have Zander on board, we are now very well equipped in the GK department. Craig, Zander and Ross make a fine line up of keepers for me.

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If folk are saying that about big Craig they really need to take a good look at themselves, even Craig (especially Craig) will know that Zander is a great addition to the squad.

39 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Personally think ZC is a great keeper and will be great for us, but better than big Craig? Naw no way, Craig is getting on, but a keeper is not like an outfield player who runs around a lot, so can keep fit for longer. ZC will take his place in some games and will eventually be our No1, just not yet.

Great bit of business from Hearts,keep Craig on his toes!

When everybody is fit, playing a 4231 formation we pretty much have two very good starting 11s now. Will only get better next season as well. Keep it up recruitment team !! 

HHGH

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

One post by the looks of it but it's growing arms and legs by the page. Been made a real narrative now. 

19 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Craig Gordon lives for playing football.  Utterly determined to play for years and win every game.  A good back-up will push him on to be even more competitive.  He'll play another 5 years,  hopefully here.

No chance is he playing another 5 years. Clark is a great signing for when Gordon slows down or starts to show some creaks, which will probably come this season or certainly next. 

The Treasurer
19 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

I think we'll see Craig and Zander sharing the goalkeeping duties until December or as long as we are in Europe. Big sides in England do this and I don't see Clark agreeing to sign for us to keep the bench warm.

As ZC has been without a club for a few months I would imagine he'd need a few weeks training and game time before he's ready to be Craigs first choice back up. 

Great addition to the squad though 

Can't get the thought out of my head that Clark signed with conditions that he gets a certain amount of games in a season. As much as I love Craig Gordon Clark isn't going to want to be a bench warmer for overly long.

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

It was one person saying it and probably with tongue in cheek, let's not get too upset on a Saturday morning 

Ah thanks for telling me mate, was genuinely upset about it. 

I actually disagree about this narrative being put forward where people are just blindly backing the club and not accepting criticism . I think it is purely a reaction to comments about the transfer window being a disgrace and similar 

The problem is the folk making stupid comments like that are often not even Hearts supporters and so they are rounded on for their outlandish posts

There are also some posters who are determined to try and position them selfs as really knowledgeable about football and more clues up than others …………… they often like to compete with each other to try and be the first to find some thing to criticise even when there patently is not much to criticise but it helps make people believe they are more knowledgeable than others 

Our recruitment has been excellent so far for a team with the resources that we have but our place in the pile financially means that we have to always try and get proper value for money and that is difficult o do when trying to up the quality of the squad …………. this means that we will be waiting on some players either late in the window or out of contract and when you are up against deadlines for squad submission that can leave us missing out on targets 

Where I do completely agree with the club and I do not care if people think this makes me a happy clapper is that I do not want us to just sign some body who does not improve us because our top targets are currently unavailable 

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

20220903_100235.jpg

20220901_203517.jpg

I could be wrong but I’m sure you need to be a free agent before the window closes to sign for a club on freedom of contract. 

1 hour ago, bajthejambo said:

I think Clarke will get minutes. It's a busy schedule and regardless of how well conditioned Gordon is, it will take its toll. The situation will need to be managed properly. Rangers did similar last season.

I agree. Can see him getting maybe the games between our euro ties to keep big Craigy fresh. Reckon he'll maybe get 5 to 10 games this season. I doubt he would have signed if he wasn't promised some game time.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Still keeping a longer term approach to improve squad. Not just thinking of this season. 

Totally and that is important to help us avoid the boom and bust spy ram we have found our selfs stuck in in previous years 

No longer active
16 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Maybe Robbie wants to play 2 keepers against Fiorentina. 

surely that’s something that Levein would have done, along with 5 defenders and 4 midfielders ?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Carter said:

The "Bob" patter is absolutely chronic. 

I do agree. 

Bobmeister is waaaay cooler. 

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Still keeping a longer term approach to improve squad. Not just thinking of this season. 

Yip, Clark isn’t a cheap goalkeeping option. 

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I actually disagree about this narrative being put forward where people are just blindly backing the club and not accepting criticism . I think it is purely a reaction to comments about the transfer window being a disgrace and similar 

The problem is the folk making stupid comments like that are often not even Hearts supporters and so they are rounded on for their outlandish posts

There are also some posters who are determined to try and position them selfs as really knowledgeable about football and more clues up than others …………… they often like to compete with each other to try and be the first to find some thing to criticise even when there patently is not much to criticise but it helps make people believe they are more knowledgeable than others 

Our recruitment has been excellent so far for a team with the resources that we have but our place in the pile financially means that we have to always try and get proper value for money and that is difficult o do when trying to up the quality of the squad …………. this means that we will be waiting on some players either late in the window or out of contract and when you are up against deadlines for squad submission that can leave us missing out on targets 

Where I do completely agree with the club and I do not care if people think this makes me a happy clapper is that I do not want us to just sign some body who does not improve us because our top targets are currently unavailable 

Happy Humphrys is here. We will never know for sure had Boyce not been injured, if that a move would have happened this window. Feels more likely it wouldn't have.  Boyce and/or Shankland could have been injured/out at any time before the next window. Free agent territory, I know, but one avenue shut off.

So,

This window’s ins:

Clarke

Cochrane

Rowles 

Neilson

Keo

Grant

Forrest

Shankland

Humphrys

Contracts extended:

Halkett

Kingsley

McKay

Haring

Out:

Souttar

Im happy with that. Obviously we haven’t seen Keo and Humphrys yet, but the new nine signings look like the majority of a decent team on paper. Stick Smith and McKay in for example and you’d fancy that lot to beat most teams in the league. They would probably give our existing lads a good game of 9 aside. 

That’s got to be a good measure of the success of the window. 

Two more free agents and we will be in great shape. 

RustyRightPeg

You’d imagine Gordon has had some sort of say in this. I’d speculate that he’s had a chat with Robbie and Joe. Perhaps he’s been honest about the state of his body, his age and the number of games HE thinks he can play this year and even further ahead. 

It’s a very sensible move. Clark is coming into the prime years of his career, and working with CG everyday will only enhance his abilities. 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You’d imagine Gordon has had some sort of say in this. I’d speculate that he’s had a chat with Robbie and Joe. Perhaps he’s been honest about the state of his body, his age and the number of games HE thinks he can play this year and even further ahead. 

It’s a very sensible move. Clark is coming into the prime years of his career, and working with CG everyday will only enhance his abilities. 

Yup thats my assumption too

40 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think this was Neilson and Savage’s plan for this window, to improve the squad as a whole (solid depth). For many reasons, the main one being that we are somewhat cautious in spending money due to history of finances being used incorrectly (not a bad thing. We have still spent a significant amount. If we can keep 3rd this season, I fully believe we will sign 3/4/5 “wow” players next summer. We need to walk before we can run but the trajectory is looking very very promising. 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yup thats my assumption too

PhoenixHearts

There's no E in Clark, folks. He's not the crotchety old Scotland manager.

And here I was thinking Kiomourtzoglu was going to be the difficult one...

23 minutes ago, CMc said:

So,

This window’s ins:

Clarke

Cochrane

Rowles 

Neilson

Keo

Grant

Forrest

Shankland

Humphrys

Contracts extended:

Halkett

Kingsley

McKay

Haring

Out:

Souttar

Im happy with that. Obviously we haven’t seen Keo and Humphrys yet, but the new nine signings look like the majority of a decent team on paper. Stick Smith and McKay in for example and you’d fancy that lot to beat most teams in the league. They would probably give our existing lads a good game of 9 aside. 

That’s got to be a good measure of the success of the window. 

Two more free agents and we will be in great shape. 

A tad disingenuous is it not?

This summer’s departures isn’t just Souttar. It’s:

Souttar

Brandon

McEneff

Popescu

Walker

Damour

McGill (loan)

And returned to their clubs:

Woodburn

Moore

Simms

Edited by BackOfTheNet

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A tad disingenuous is it not?

This summer’s departures isn’t just Souttar. It’s:

Souttar

Brandon

McEneff

Popescu

Walker

Damour

McGill (loan)

And returned to their clubs:

Woodburn

Moore

Simms

Souttar is injured and on compassionate leave so Simms is literally the only player we are missing. Probably miss Walker more than the players who have left this summer.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Souttar is injured and on compassionate leave so Simms is literally the only player we are missing. Probably miss Walker more than the players who have left this summer.

Definitely improvement, that was never in question. We’ve went up a level (perhaps not the level some of us may have expected at the start of the summer) and we are a better squad than last year. My issue has never been the quality side of things (ish), it’s been quantity to deal with the rigours of the season.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Definitely improvement, that was never in question. We’ve went up a level (perhaps not the level some of us may have expected at the start of the summer) and we are a better squad than last year. My issue has never been the quality side of things (ish), it’s been quantity to deal with the rigours of the season.

I think when the new players settle in and get used to Scottish football we'll look back on this window as one of the best. Neilson, Rowles, shankland and Grant look like great signings. Assuming Kio is going to be next level considering the fee?

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***