*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Craig Gordon lives for playing football.  Utterly determined to play for years and win every game.  A good back-up will push him on to be even more competitive.  He'll play another 5 years,  hopefully here.

Club comes first though. I’m sure he’ll know for himself when it’s time and he’ll do the right thing and step aside

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

23 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

There's no E in Clark, folks. He's not the crotchety old Scotland manager.

And here I was thinking Kiomourtzoglu was going to be the difficult one...

It's Kiomourtzoglou. 🙂

August Landmesser
44 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You’d imagine Gordon has had some sort of say in this. I’d speculate that he’s had a chat with Robbie and Joe. Perhaps he’s been honest about the state of his body, his age and the number of games HE thinks he can play this year and even further ahead. 

It’s a very sensible move. Clark is coming into the prime years of his career, and working with CG everyday will only enhance his abilities. 

Plus, there's all the Scotland games. I'm sure he wants to keep playing international football as long as possible. Trying for Euro 2024?

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think when the new players settle in and get used to Scottish football we'll look back on this window as one of the best. Neilson, Rowles, shankland and Grant look like great signings. Assuming Kio is going to be next level considering the fee?

Know nothing of Kiomourtzoglou other than his fantastic name. Hoping he’s more of a link up player to get the ball quickly up the park from defence through the midfield.

3 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Not a bad thing. 

Not at all. Just pretty sure he was in the squad for the Europa playoff, so that he’s not now means he’s surely away somewhere. Definitely needs to kick on soon.

Some interesting looking free transfers in the attacking midfielder position:

Tom Rogic

Adem Ljaic

Pelle van Amersfoort

David Tavares

Would love to get Rogic or Van Amersfoort but both probably not in our wage bracket. Doubt any of them are tbh :D David Tavares is an interesting one, only 23, 6ft 3' previously of Benfica but looks to have made a bad move. Could be an option. 

Very interested to see what outfield players Robbie manages to bring in. Hopefully a rabbit can be pulled out the hat with someone like Rogic. 

13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Know nothing of Kiomourtzoglou other than his fantastic name. Hoping he’s more of a link up player to get the ball quickly up the park from defence through the midfield.

Not at all. Just pretty sure he was in the squad for the Europa playoff, so that he’s not now means he’s surely away somewhere. Definitely needs to kick on soon.

I'm envisaging a Haring upgrade. More dynamic and a good bit faster ...

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Gordon's bairn is due this month so we might see Clark on the pitch fairly soon.

Is he carrying it? CG that is.

33 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A tad disingenuous is it not?

This summer’s departures isn’t just Souttar. It’s:

Souttar

Brandon

McEneff

Popescu

Walker

Damour

McGill (loan)

And returned to their clubs:

Woodburn

Moore

Simms

Disingenuous? 😄

More forgetful. Popescu, Walker and Damour have been away from Tynecastle so long had forgotten they were still on our books. Just outright forgot about McEneff and Brandon. 

The above must have had about 5 starts between them last season. 

I guess saying Souttar as the only first team player who we actually owned leaving would have been more accurate. 

Gist of the post was happy with the players we have brought in and extended so far. No agenda as motive for being disingenuous 👍

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Is he carrying it? CG 

Although CG’s getting a bit long in the tooth I’m sure he can still make his own way onto the pitch

Edited by scott herbertson

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Happy Humphrys is here. We will never know for sure had Boyce not been injured, if that a move would have happened this window. Feels more likely it wouldn't have.  Boyce and/or Shankland could have been injured/out at any time before the next window. Free agent territory, I know, but one avenue shut off.

I assumed from the interviews that we wanted Humphrys but didn’t act because Wigan refused to sell. Once Boyce was injured we reluctantly accepted a loan deal. I assume the club wanted to avoid a repeat of the Simms experience - where we develop a cracking player and he leaves at the end of the season to go to the English Championship. No idea really, just a guess from listening to Neilson talking about him. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Watching John McLaughlin trying to save that shot had me thinking ... both our keepers would start for Rangers now!

Couldn’t make my mind up if he done well to get a hand to it or a bit weak wristed. I agree though, wouldn’t swap him for Craig and from what I remember of Clark he’s better as well. 

17 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Watching John McLaughlin trying to save that shot had me thinking ... both our keepers would start for Rangers now!

Away!

Anyone who has played in goal will tell you if the striker from close range hits it first time like that it’s very difficult to reposition your feet. 

16 minutes ago, CMc said:

Disingenuous? 😄

More forgetful. Popescu, Walker and Damour have been away from Tynecastle so long had forgotten they were still on our books. Just outright forgot about McEneff and Brandon. 

The above must have had about 5 starts between them last season. 

I guess saying Souttar as the only first team player who we actually owned leaving would have been more accurate. 

Gist of the post was happy with the players we have brought in and extended so far. No agenda as motive for being disingenuous 👍

I did say a “tad” disingenuous. I wasn’t accusing you of any alterier motive or anything.

Francis Albert
17 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Although CG’s getting a bit long in the tooth I’m sure he can still make his own way onto the pitch

?? Sorry I was making an obscure and non-woke point about a professional player missing a game or games because his wife or partner was having a baby. In the old days it didn't happen. Times change generally for the better.

scott herbertson
Just now, Francis Albert said:

?? Sorry I was making an obscure and non-woke point about a professional player missing a game or games because his wife or partner was having a baby. In the old days it didn't happen. Times change generally for the better.

apologies - i was making an even more obscure and not very funny joke about the way you phrased it. Not meant as anything other than a joke but not funny enough. I don't have a problem either way about the paternity leave stuff - think it should be left as the choice of the player

13 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Away!

Anyone who has played in goal will tell you if the striker from close range hits it first time like that it’s very difficult to reposition your feet. 

The weak wrists were the issue not the positioning of his feet!

Zander Clark is about the best keeper we could possibly get in, and I am seriously chuffed with the idea of having him in the goals. Craig Gordon is obviously :wub:, and has saved us many points over the years, but Clark is more than capable.

When the lineups get announced, my heart won't skip a beat when I see Clark is the starting goalie, unlike seeing Stewart. No offence to the lad, but he's just not the same level. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The weak wrists were the issue not the positioning of his feet!

Ah sorry you meant the first goal. Maybe could have done a bit better. 

35 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I did say a “tad” disingenuous. I wasn’t accusing you of any alterier motive or anything.

No worries. 

How you feeling now we’ve signed Clark?

That’s two signed in time for the European deadline and talk of another free agent or so. 

You feeling any happier about it?

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Up there with "St Midden", "Ceptic" etc 

It's worse than that. Seems to be one poster in particular who thinks it's either amusing or credible. Utterly cringeworthy. 

3 minutes ago, CMc said:

No worries. 

How you feeling now we’ve signed Clark?

That’s two signed in time for the European deadline and talk of another free agent or so. 

You feeling any happier about it?

Of course. I was saying at least 4 needed, and that was before the injuries to Boyce and Rowles, which made an argument for 5-6, but 4 was a must for me. Deadline day brought in Humphrys, who is more of a replacement for Boyce so still needed what I was hoping for. Clark is an excellent keeper to have and adds quality as well as depth. Which is the important factor, the depth. I’d still like an attacking midfielder, striker and forward that can play wide or centre (maybe a CB too), but each signing makes me happier, yes.

IveSeenTheLight
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Naw but  @IveSeenTheLight

Left out the squad again.

We have Miovski, with Duk to com on later in the games.

Ramirez is not released but I think a return to the MLS will be on the cards

Francis Albert
58 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

apologies - i was making an even more obscure and not very funny joke about the way you phrased it. Not meant as anything other than a joke but not funny enough. I don't have a problem either way about the paternity leave stuff - think it should be left as the choice of the player

Agreed.

Though you sometimes wouldn't think it on here some things are more important than football. 

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Can Stewart now go on loan to a non-premiership team?

I don't think having three competent keepers is an extravagance. Two proven  and one with a bit to prove ... Stewart can maybe learn from the others and build on his Parkhead performance?

Hopefully that's a wake-up call for some of you. We really do not have a "great squad". There are still significant holes.

Injuries are a red herring. Everyone who's going to be fit this season is currently fit on the attacking side of the team, but we can't score past Killie or Livi. Aside from Shankland (who's no world beater) and McKay the options are squad player level at best, sometimes worse.

The right hand side of defence is also exposed time after time.

Let's hope we're productive in the free agent market because bottom 6 by November is a strong possibility otherwise.

Neilson “I think there's a mental fatigue. We're asking the same players to go again and again. Hopefully, with five days before Thursday, we can get that freshness back.”

Perhps Savage and yourself should’ve actually been ‘aggressive’ in the transfer market then huh Robbie…and actually got some quality in the forward line, not a complete and utter last minute panic signing.

29 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Hopefully that's a wake-up call for some of you. We really do not have a "great squad". There are still significant holes.

Injuries are a red herring. Everyone who's going to be fit this season is currently fit on the attacking side of the team, but we can't score past Killie or Livi. Aside from Shankland (who's no world beater) and McKay the options are squad player level at best, sometimes worse.

The right hand side of defence is also exposed time after time.

Let's hope we're productive in the free agent market because bottom 6 by November is a strong possibility otherwise.

I'm not sure this year's squad is any better than last year's.

Was expecting much more from the new arrivals.

Rowles was doing fine, the rest seem just Joe average.

We seem to be making Shankland look isolated and to much out of it.

Or are we getting decent players and coaching every ounce of skill and confidence out of them.

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Neilson “I think there's a mental fatigue. We're asking the same players to go again and again. Hopefully, with five days before Thursday, we can get that freshness back.”

Perhps Savage and yourself should’ve actually been ‘aggressive’ in the transfer market then huh Robbie…and actually got some quality in the forward line, not a complete and utter last minute panic signing.

Maybe if Robbie was abit more enthusiastic in what he says it just might motivate the squad, go again - bare bones - mental fatigue - bored of listening to his soundbites in the media 

Just now, Australis said:

I'm not sure this year's squad is any better than last year's.

Was expecting much more from the new arrivals.

Rowles was doing fine, the rest seem just Joe average.

We seem to be making Shankland look isolated and to much out of it.

Or are we getting decent players and coaching every ounce of skill and confidence out of them.

Option 😁 

Just now, The Maroon Pound said:

Maybe if Robbie was abit more enthusiastic in what he says it just might motivate the squad, go again - bare bones - mental fatigue - bored of listening to his soundbites in the media 

A team is normally a reflection of their managers character…

1 minute ago, The Maroon Pound said:

So is the fourth official 🤔 

Maybe Neilson should stop going on and on and on about fatigue, just gives this lot excuses 

if you want to a “big team” and be successful you will play 2/3 games a week. 

get on with it

6 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

As Billy Brown said to me last week " the club are making too much of this.  Look at top Tennis players, 2 1/2 hour games every other day. ******s".

5 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Again it's nothing that he has done.

Why the hell do Livingston, Motherwell and St Johnstone players manage to go again and again all season with smaller squads.

We have only had two extra games against Zurich FFS.

1 minute ago, Australis said:

Again it's nothing that he has done.

Why the hell do Livingston, Motherwell and St Johnstone players manage to go again and again all season with smaller squads.

We have only had two extra games against Zurich FFS.

it’s because Robbie is a safety first manger with a squad littered with players nowhere near good enough.

So much has been made about strengthening for Europe in this window.

To be brutally honest, there is nobody we’ve signed this summer who is above the level we would have signed if we’d finished 6th last year instead. The only thing we’ve really done different IMO is pay a couple more fees than we otherwise would have.

And even then we’re very short on numbers.

18 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

What a lot of shite Mr Neilson. No one is going to be fooled by that excuse. Don't mind Neilson but he's limited as a coach.

Edited by feej

Not good enough:

Halliday - bang average journeyman

Sibbick - confidence gone

Grant - no better than McEneff

Boyce - Needs way too many chances to score

Haring - legs have gone

GMS - chicken hearted

Ginelly - Has pace but that’s about it…looks like he can’t be arsed

Henderson- chicken hearted and nowhere near good enough

Humphrys - last minute panic signing…and it showed today.

Forrest - Should be used on the bench at best…not a starter

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

It's clear where our problems lie and it isn't the goalkeeping department.

We need goals in the team.

Might as well stick him upfront. 

Couldn’t do any worse that out so called strikers 

21 minutes ago, feej said:

What a lot of shite Mr Neilson. No one is going to be fooled by that excuse. Don't mind Neilson but he's limited as a coach.

Exactly. How many players have played every game from the start? I bet it’s no more than a small handful. He’s changing 4 or 5 players every match so how can they all be fatigued?

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***