energy prices

Masonic

Unknown user
3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

The problem is relative.

You are on UC and on £4000 per annum .

Tour bills rise £3000 per year.

All you need to do is get a job paying £10000 per year and you are better off , which is piss easy

Oh I see, it's a personal attack.

You don't know my circumstances, so you can ram that shite 👍

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Unknown user

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The State will intervene at some point to address this, and they'll act aggressively to rebalance. It won't be tolerated indefinitely.

It's not going to be enough and it's not going to help the working class this winter or the first half of next year though. People are going to die.

5 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

British people ARE mugs though. Completely gullible. They wont do ANYTHING about this except bend over. They read the Daily Mail and watch the BBC and ACCEPT what they are being told is true 100%. It shapes their opinions!

They have been fooled. Look at the tory party and their Brexit. Voted in by gullible mugs who were LIED to. Now they know they've been lied to but still wont concede the fact!

They can say or do whatever they want to us and we will just accept it! 

The UK really is a sinking ship!

This will absolutely be the final straw that gets people off their arses.

If the junta can heat Zahawi's stables at our cost, they can damn well fix this or face the consequences. 

manaliveits105

I wish the media would cover this more I don’t think they are scaring enough vulnerable people and affecting their mental health yet 

doctor jambo
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Oh I see, it's a personal attack.

You don't know my circumstances, so you can ram that shite 👍

Not at all! Merely a friendly suggestion for folks not working and able to work, but unsure how to meet the rise in bills- granted it may not be a job you want or enjoy - but then so few are!

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

She’s been away and she’s back :lol: 

Change the locks on the doors.:10900:

manaliveits105

I see the Lib Dems came up with the freezing the price cap plan which Labour now pretend is theirs and Elsie is trying to pin herself on 

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

I wish the media would cover this more I don’t think they are scaring enough vulnerable people and affecting their mental health yet 

Imagine there was someone running the country, 'getting the big calls right' if you like? 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Not at all! Merely a friendly suggestion for folks not working and able to work, but unsure how to meet the rise in bills- granted it may not be a job you want or enjoy - but then so few are!

So your suggestion is that someone living in poverty on the dole should go out and get a job at £5 an hour, graft 40 hours a week, and still be in poverty?

You don't see any flaws?

Edited by Smithee

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

So your suggestion is that someone living in poverty in the dole should go out and get a job at £5 an hour, graft 40 hours a week, and still be in poverty?

You don't see any flaws?

From having £4k to having £10k….. not really!

Or go full time on £20 k…..

or don’t 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

or don’t 

Even £20k is short of the living wage before all this kicked off.

If working doesn't take you out of poverty, why would you bother?

That thing you do
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

or don’t 

There are people where they habitually dont work because they refuse to do so that I think this could apply too.

However, there are also plenty of disabled, medically unfit, pensioners as well that are real claimants who dont have that option.

The issue here is those people who genuinely need state support now face bills that are higher than their entire payment. So clearly, something is going to give.

I honestly expect to see people living in cars and tent cities like Skid Row in LA or the Tenderloin in SFO springing up all over the UK by the time this is all over. And just like in the US now, the middle classes who had bad luck with an injury, got laid off or pushed their finances too far will be joining them.

WorldChampions1902
18 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Imagine there was someone running the country, 'getting the big CULLS right' if you like? 

FTFY.

Let the bodies pile high” and “No government minister was available to comment on today’s price cap hike” (aka we don’t give a s**t) reinforces that amended trope.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

I work part time.

i get topped up with universal credit as a single parent.

i could work full time and pay stupid amounts in pre school and after school care and be no better off , the logic that every ***** on universal credit is a scrounger is a total nonsense. 

I’ve worked my whole life and would still be full time if circumstances hadn’t changed like most folk who are on UC. 

WorldChampions1902
3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I’m 36 and haven’t managed to save a bean ffs 😂

Careful now! Don’t walk into a bear trap!

Wholesale gas prices are going through the roof and consumer prices are following suit, there is panic on the wholesale markets as Europe is struggling to get enough gas supplies to see out the winter..................meanwhile Russia is burning off around about $10m of natural gas per day from a plant across the Baltic from Finland, and have been doing so since July. 

Methinks the Russians are taking the piss, starve Europe of gas whilst saying we have so much we can afford to burn it.

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Methinks the Russians are taking the piss, starve Europe of gas whilst saying we have so much we can afford to burn it.

A bit like a certain Bullington Club member burning a £50 note in front of a homeless person.

1 minute ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

A bit like a certain Bullington Club member burning a £50 note in front of a homeless person.

Same sort of thing.

dobmisterdobster
14 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I work part time.

i get topped up with universal credit as a single parent.

i could work full time and pay stupid amounts in pre school and after school care and be no better off , the logic that every ***** on universal credit is a scrounger is a total nonsense. 

I’ve worked my whole life and would still be full time if circumstances hadn’t changed like most folk who are on UC. 

Universal Credit covers so many different bases that you can't really make generalisations.

dobmisterdobster
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's £5 per year

Anything with LEDs constantly running is going to be a drain. My microwave doesn't have a display showing the time and it doesn't need one.

Konrad von Carstein
39 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Spill...

:)

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Loads of people will be faced with a much starker choice.

Where people like you and me, who want to do the right thing, but are maybe doing the wrong thing is that this Shower will drive a wedge between those that can and those that can't. 

You'll see it on here already. Tighten your belt. Don't go on holiday. Get a better job. Get a second job. 

Said this around 1pm 4 hours later and nearly a full page of exactly that.

'It's your fault for being poor/sick/old'

:facepalm:

Unknown user
7 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

UC is supposed to be a stop-gap. Not a permanent thing.

53 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Universal Credit covers so many different bases that you can't really make generalisations.

:wtfvlad:

dobmisterdobster
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:wtfvlad:

I was referring to the standard unemployment element of Universal Credit (formerly known as Jobseeker's Allowance). My mistake.

dobmisterdobster
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

James O'Brien, who thinks his job is more difficult than manual labour because of all the mean comments he gets from listeners 😂😂

doctor jambo
12 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Said this around 1pm 4 hours later and nearly a full page of exactly that.

'It's your fault for being poor/sick/old'

:facepalm:

Not at all.

I have been quite clear, there should be nationalisation and a proper look at how life saving essentials are provided to the population.

In other threads too I have stated how the neediest should pay neither rent / power/ council tax etc.

However Smithee was having a moan about paying his bill on UC whilst deriding people with ambition on another thread - and that having no ambition is fine- well, I was merely pointing out that if on UC and not able to manage , if you are fit to work, there in  lies the solution…..

it was not some Thatcherite diatribe , merely a suggestion to become more proactive and contribute to your own and societies well being - good Marxist principles !

3 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

James O'Brien, who thinks his job is more difficult than manual labour because of all the mean comments he gets from listeners 😂😂

He was joking when he said that to reel in bites....

WorldChampions1902
9 minutes ago, Costanza said:

He succeeded. Living rent free in so many heads. Including Dorries. I love a good JOB rant.

The Mighty Thor
18 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Not at all.

I have been quite clear, there should be nationalisation and a proper look at how life saving essentials are provided to the population.

In other threads too I have stated how the neediest should pay neither rent / power/ council tax etc.

However Smithee was having a moan about paying his bill on UC whilst deriding people with ambition on another thread - and that having no ambition is fine- well, I was merely pointing out that if on UC and not able to manage , if you are fit to work, there in  lies the solution…..

it was not some Thatcherite diatribe , merely a suggestion to become more proactive and contribute to your own and societies well being - good Marxist principles !

I actually thought exactly that as I read your posts.

Reeking of compassion and empathy and definitely not coming across as a Thatcherite diatribe. 

I'm glad you cleared it up for everyone else who might have thought it was condescending and sneering. 👍

Unknown user
31 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Not at all.

Where have I derided people with ambition doc? Specific quote please.

And moaning about paying my bill? That's a bit of a snider is it not? I'm putting my head above the parapet because most don't know how desperate the situation is on universal credit.

As it happens, since I posted I've had news about further benefits, but that just means I'm no longer talking about my personal circumstances. There are still millions affected.

And you still haven't answered why working poverty is better than unemployed poverty. Why bother working if you're still in poverty? So the country keeps going and it doesn't start affecting the likes of you too?

Jeffros Furios
48 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Was just going to say that ! 

The Dobber definitely watches gb shite 😂

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I see the Lib Dems came up with the freezing the price cap plan which Labour now pretend is theirs and Elsie is trying to pin herself on 

Look, I understand a simpleton like yourself would think along these limited, simple lines, but I hate to break it to you - its neither a novel idea nor a eureka moment.

Come back when your beloved Russian simps do the exact same thing under a slightly different name and claim it to be a bold, world-beating strategy, comrade. 

40 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Anyhow

Some costs of running stuff at home...

Mostly right except the 5W LED bulb - that’ll be 26p for 100 hours.  Not being a pedant - it shows how it’s worth (in the long run) switching to these bulbs.

Edit.  Read it wrong <d’oh>
Might be easier for simpletons like myself to phrase it as above though?

Edited by FWJ

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Look, I understand a simpleton like yourself would think along these limited, simple lines, but I hate to break it to you - its neither a novel idea nor a eureka moment.

Come back when your beloved Russian simps do the exact same thing under a slightly different name and claim it to be a bold, world-beating strategy, comrade. 

Fair comment.

manaliveits105
33 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Beat it and take stalky soft lad with ya 

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

As it happens, since I posted I've had news about further benefits, but that just means I'm no longer talking about my personal circumstances. There are still millions affected.

If you genuinely cannot work then you will be eligible for further benefits on top of standard unemployment.

Jeffros Furios
17 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Beat it and take stalky soft lad with ya 

Volodya  :rofl:

3 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Anything with LEDs constantly running is going to be a drain. My microwave doesn't have a display showing the time and it doesn't need one.

The mental stress of having to always remember to turn of the TV/set top box etc etc every morning and night wouldn't be worth the pittance saved over a year.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

If you genuinely cannot work then you will be eligible for further benefits on top of standard unemployment.

There's no such thing as standard unemployment, there's no unemployment component, it's universal credit, full stop.

And what you say isn't true, there are many who can't work for health reasons, and who won't receive a single penny more.

If you're unable to work and are designated as Limited Capability for Work, you'll get **** all extra.

If it's more serious, in very specific ways, you may be designated Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activities - THEN you get extra.