Inflation

jamb0_1874

8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Tbf that’s same price as a pint in some places now 

Doesn’t make it alright. And incidentally I had a pint with a workmate in a city centre pub after work and a pint of Guinness and a pint of Tennant’s came to £8.70. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Unknown user

• The Mighty Thor

• JudyJudyJudy

13 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Profiteers should never get your repeat business. Even if the sausage supper had went up 25% that would £5.75 & still be too much. 
Who is the chippy so I know to avoid?

Corbie in D’ Mains. Not a single supper under £6 now. 

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Corbie in D’ Mains. Not a single supper under £6 now. 

Taking the pi55 out off the locals who supported them. No way everything has went up by 30+ % to justify that hike. 

Unknown user
On 03/02/2022 at 23:36, Cade said:

“There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchy” 

-Alfred Henry Lewis, 1906

Britain's MI5 reckons that the UK is only "four meals from anarchy" at the best of times.

Vladimir Lenin cut that down even further when he said: “Every society is three meals away from chaos”

My house kicks off when the snack drawer gets low

8 hours ago, Tazio said:

Doesn’t make it alright. And incidentally I had a pint with a workmate in a city centre pub after work and a pint of Guinness and a pint of Tennant’s came to £8.70. 

£8.70 isn’t bad for a city centre pub for 2 pints.  Don’t think I got much change out of £12 for 2 pints. Absolutely scandalous.

No wonder folk drink in the house.  

23 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

£8.70 isn’t bad for a city centre pub for 2 pints.  Don’t think I got much change out of £12 for 2 pints. Absolutely scandalous.

I think that was Tazio’s point. Anything under a fiver is pretty decent. 

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I think that was Tazio’s point. Anything under a fiver is pretty decent. 

Ah , my bad . Makes sense

I'm gonnae utilise my massive gairden. Time to plant some veg. 

I made my first big Pot of soup in years and the Mrs a big pot of stew. Days of eating from them, so hopefully save a bit of money going down the old homemade route.

WorldChampions1902
On 02/03/2022 at 05:36, ri Alban said:

Brent crude at $110 . :vrwow: Pity it ran oot 

Brent crude hit $139 today. Gas hit 800p a Therm up from 420p a Therm on Friday. The way things are going, this Thread will need its title changed to “Hyperinflation”.

Doctor FinnBarr
On 28/02/2022 at 22:48, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Tbf that’s same price as a pint in some places now 

Not where I drink, £3.30 for a pint of Carling, no food though but there is off road parking available.

Jambo_jim2001

Got statement from Scottish power, electricity is going up about ten quid a week including standard charge.. I'm lucky if I use twenty quid a week,time to top up the meter before April to the max.feel it for folk that have all electric heating

11 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Got statement from Scottish power, electricity is going up about ten quid a week including standard charge.. I'm lucky if I use twenty quid a week,time to top up the meter before April to the max.feel it for folk that have all electric heating

No escaping it. Gas going up too and by some margin. I pay around £100/month combined just now & my deal expires in September when it will likely go up again. Be £200/month come October I fear :(

Jambo_jim2001
6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

No escaping it. Gas going up too and by some margin. I pay around £100/month combined just now & my deal expires in September when it will likely go up again. Be £200/month come October I fear :(

Ooofft😳😳😳

33 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I’ve just looked at my options on the Scottish Power app. I hardly use any gas and electric over the course of a year as I live in a small flat. I don’t use my heating much and don’t use my washing machine constantly etc to save on bills. Looking back at my bills over the last 12 months in the summer I use less than £25 a month, going up to around £55 in the winter months. I pay a direct debit of £75 a month so I’m a few hundred in credit. My average monthly cost will go up from £34 to £89 a month. However if I check what deals they are offering the cheapest fixed price tariff they are suggesting is £172 a month! I think I’ll be staying on what I’m on as I can control how much I pay a month and can even duck out for a month if for some bizarre reason I couldn’t pay my bill that month and it will come out the credit in my account. 
I think a lot of people just look at the fixed tariffs offered without actually checking their usage. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ve just looked at my options on the Scottish Power app. I hardly use any gas and electric over the course of a year as I live in a small flat. I don’t use my heating much and don’t use my washing machine constantly etc to save on bills. Looking back at my bills over the last 12 months in the summer I use less than £25 a month, going up to around £55 in the winter months. I pay a direct debit of £75 a month so I’m a few hundred in credit. My average monthly cost will go up from £34 to £89 a month. However if I check what deals they are offering the cheapest fixed price tariff they are suggesting is £172 a month! I think I’ll be staying on what I’m on as I can control how much I pay a month and can even duck out for a month if for some bizarre reason I couldn’t pay my bill that month and it will come out the credit in my account. 
I think a lot of people just look at the fixed tariffs offered without actually checking their usage. 

Jeezo! £34 up to £172 FFS!

Unlike you my Mrs has the washing machine, kettle, pop-up toaster, oven, tumble dryer, microwave, extractor fan, the TV and all the lights on at the same time most days.

Shes getting a slap!

For a country thats rich in natural resources its a bloody disgrace.

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Jeezo! £34 up to £172 FFS!

Unlike you my Mrs has the washing machine, kettle, pop-up toaster, oven, tumble dryer, microwave, extractor fan, the TV and all the lights on at the same time most days.

Shes getting a slap!

For a country thats rich in natural resources its a bloody disgrace.

I’ll just stick with the variable I’m on just now and bump my DD up from £75 to £100 and still be paying more per month than I use. I can see why people go for fixed rates but I don’t see the logic of my predicted usage for the year being £1089 and choosing a tariff that is £2064 for the year. Though of course that could all go tits up in the autumn when even more controls on the energy industry vanish. 

Jambo_jim2001
14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Roll one the spring so I can switch the gas off til November.

November 2024!!🧐

7 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

November 2024!!🧐

Probably, The world is totally 💩. And the Rich want it like that.

Edited by ri Alban

14 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Just filled up the car.

WTF?

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I put 30 quid in and the dial hardly moved.

It’s endemic. I hired a van last week for a job. Last one I hired was £100 for a day. This time? £170! Then add on the cost of diesel to drive to Pitlochry and back with a wee drop off in Perth £250 damage on the (company) credit card. I think I’ll be using couriers a lot more in future. 

Jambo_jim2001
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Just filled up the car.

WTF?

Roll on the warmer weather,I will be able to use the veggie oil😃

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Roll one the spring so I can switch the gas off til November.

Still got us by the bawz! Standing charge has increased 50% to 52 pence a day, £15 a month if you bile tatties or no...

1 minute ago, OBE said:

Still got us by the bawz! Standing charge has increased 50% to 52 pence a day, £15 a month if you bile tatties or no...

I think this might cause the revolution the UK has never had.

I've got a 50 fit siler birk at the corner of the gaff, it should be shitting itself, how much is a log burner?  :biggrin2:

6 minutes ago, OBE said:

I've got a 50 fit siler birk at the corner of the gaff, it should be shitting itself, how much is a log burner?  :biggrin2:

👍So have I. It's fecking torture, the roots have turned my patio into a crazy golf course. 🤣

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

👍So have I. It's fecking torture, the roots have turned my patio into a crazy golf course. 🤣

How far is it from the patio?

Just now, OBE said:

House in it's shadow also?

Yip. It's on the gable, it must be in the foundation, anaw. It's my 12 ft perimeter hedge that's more annoying.

joondalupjambo

Now remember boys if you cut trees the wood has to lie for at least 12 months to season.  Cannae put green wood in a burner or open fire😄😄

6 hours ago, Tazio said:

...Though of course that could all go tits up in the autumn when even more controls on the energy industry vanish. 

Martin Lewis says the prediction for October is now 47%

So a doubling inside a year. 

Mac_fae_Gillie

Wanting to use less electric this year may actually mean I stick to diet with more fruit and way less fried food.. On the other hand body fat could be useful for keeping warm next winter..

Captain Sausage

Usually we are pretty comfy but I’m absolutely shitting it for what the next year holds. 

My energy bills currently £200 a month, going to go up to £300 a month in April. That will likely go to around £400 a month in October. 

My mortgage is up a years time, currently £1500 a month. That’s probably going to go to around £2000 or £2250 depending on interest rates. 

That is £700-£1000 a month extra, not even counting the fact that everything will cost me about 10% more. So Chuck another £150 into that number. Where the **** is that coming from?!?!?

Edited by Captain Sausage

doctor jambo
17 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Usually we are pretty comfy but I’m absolutely shitting it for what the next year holds. 

My energy bills currently £200 a month, going to go up to £300 a month in April. That will likely go to around £400 a month in October. 

My mortgage is up a years time, currently £1500 a month. That’s probably going to go to around £2000 or £2250 depending on interest rates. 

That is £700-£1000 a month extra, not even counting the fact that everything will cost me about 10% more. So Chuck another £150 into that number. Where the **** is that coming from?!?!?

Add in your NI rise , broadband mobile etc all going up by near double digit 

%

it’s going to be utterly horrific

eberything is rising by a frightening amount.

Weakened Offender
35 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Christ, that's scary. 

Electric, gas, council tax, petrol, mortgage rises, NI rise, food price rises.

our gas and electric is going up nearly double as to what it is now. From £160 to £320

told the wife we need to forget about a holiday as it’s just not going to be possible. Kids at Uni too who also need a hand with the rises in rent / food and electric.

utterly horrific adding it all up.  

Edited by 1971fozzy

Jambo_jim2001
4 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Now remember boys if you cut trees the wood has to lie for at least 12 months to season.  Cannae put green wood in a burner or open fire😄😄

😳 ****,, I'm burning a cherry tree I cut down in September last year,only got about a ton left to go😳

8 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Who cannae!? :)

chuck berrys hairline

My combined fuel rises for both leccy and gas the next year. £891 quid like wtf haha i know its included in arrears. Im on fuel direct paid for by Boris done my estimates that's jus shy of 35 a fortnight extra that will be deducted from my benefits. Rent has went up again another 3 percent. Ive lived here for five years and the rent is already £15pm more theres been 5 rent increases since pandemic started. No money getting a rise anywhere so hwtf are they expecting people to survive. Thank heck i don't drive or I'd be dead!

Edit: my combined fuel direct bill just now is just over 2k including arrears

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

Tommy Brown

I need to check this for myself.

Mrs B spoke on phone to a friend and was told diesel at Newbridge was £1.99.9.

Fairfield showing the same on my app.:eek:

Screenshot_20220309-130220_PetrolPrices.jpg

Unknown user
24 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

For anyone on UC I hadn’t heard of this👍🏼

Fair play, but high speed - 15Mb?

I've got a 500Mb connection for less than 50 quid a month, surely it should be higher than that for the money.

I just saw that's virgin, BT is average of 67Mb.

Edited by Smithee

41 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Fair play, but high speed - 15Mb?

I've got a 500Mb connection for less than 50 quid a month, surely it should be higher than that for the money.

I just saw that's virgin, BT is average of 67Mb.

Not sure 15mb is worth £15 a month to be honest, certainly not in a family home. BT seems to be doing the right thing there.  

21 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

I see your in london but a mortgage of £1500 a month 😱😱

On 01/03/2022 at 07:52, 1971fozzy said:

Two pints of moretti on Saturday was roughly £12 if I mind right. 
In tesco today and bought case of 12 for same price 

Never been a house drinker till lockdown but I’m only going to be going out once every month or two at those prices and will have a drink at home esp with summer on the horizon 

If I’m out with the mrs all day Saturday with a meal included you get no change out of £200 nowadays