Inflation

jamb0_1874

The Mighty Thor
41 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Maybe they'll knock a few pence of a litre of petrol seeing crude is bought in US Dollars :no:

Aye the petrol retailers will definitely pass on wholesale cost decreases to the customers. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Unknown user

• The Mighty Thor

• JudyJudyJudy

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The wholesale price of diesel has been cheaper than petrol since March, but the ****s have not passed it on until they were shamed.

Even then they are still screwing us for every last penny

Theyre brazen Nucky! Who’s going to do anything anout it? We are being shafted!

You may not agree, but oligarchs are now running the UK.  Sheeple and Government are powerless. 

doctor jambo

It’s nice that with a cost of living crisis, mortgages spiralling and millions facing insolvency, that SNP are going to hike council tax by more than 20% .

don’t know why the BofE bother trying to make us poorer, up here there’s no need 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

It’s nice that with a cost of living crisis, mortgages spiralling and millions facing insolvency, that SNP are going to hike council tax by more than 20% .

don’t know why the BofE bother trying to make us poorer, up here there’s no need 

Yip. A council tax increase. That’s what will bring the country to its knees. 

Not structural inflation increases, not interest rates heading to 7%, not food inflation. 

No it'll be that thing the SNP did. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
44 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Tax tax Tax Gangsters robbing anybody that works hard to achieve Holyrood/Westminster all the same

What will the Scottish government do with the added income? Waste it on shite and filter it into their own preferences more cycle lanes, clean air zone initiative, fighting the weather pish, bollards, more road blocking massive wooden planters oh I we need thousands of them definitely not on Education, Crime Prevention, Social Housing , Social Services or into the Health Service!

Why do they need to squeeze every last drop out of it's working population ? demoralise anybody that has ambitions to work hard just to be taxed to the max at the end of the day SNP are useless just awful failures like the rest of them, they will be taxing people for farting in their LEZ next , any excuse to tax grab 

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Tax tax Tax Gangsters robbing anybody that works hard to achieve Holyrood/Westminster all the same

What will the Scottish government do with the added income? Waste it on shite and filter it into their own preferences more cycle lanes, clean air zone initiative, fighting the weather pish, bollards, more road blocking massive wooden planters oh I we need thousands of them definitely not on Education, Crime Prevention, Social Housing , Social Services or into the Health Service!

Why do they need to squeeze every last drop out of it's working population ? demoralise anybody that has ambitions to work hard just to be taxed to the max at the end of the day SNP are useless just awful failures like the rest of them, they will be taxing people for farting in their LEZ next , any excuse to tax grab 

It's a proposed council tax rise.

The Scottish government (SNP Bad) won't do anything with the added income. Your local council will though. It'll probably pay for local services. It might be an SNP council in your local area, then again it might not be. If you live in Edinburgh then it's a Labour run council. 

Probably a good starting point to understand what council tax is and what it's used for though 👍

Bands A-D won't see a rise.

A lot of newer builds (even if built in 2000) are band E, even if valued £230k-£260k. However there's plenty old tenements in highly desired areas with 2 or 3 bedrooms, overall larger floor size than new builds, valued £300k+ but are band D so won't see a rise. In fact I saw one that is band C :laugh:

Council tax banding is completely ****ed for a lot of Edinburgh (and presumably Glasgow) and isn't reflective of property prices in 2023. They need to rip up the 1990s method and come up with a better system.

Plenty high valued tenements and streets should be re-banded and that'd help plug a big hole in the finances instead of passing the buck to those who are in newer developments in the same ****ing street.

Edited by kila

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Yes the SNP who had a manifesto pledge to get rid of the council tax 

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

:spoton:

The Mighty Thor

Economy shrank in May.

The Tory random excuse generator blames 'bank holidays' this time givimg 'Putin's illegal war' and 'Covid shock' a bit of a break.

manaliveits105
43 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes the SNP who had a manifesto pledge to get rid of the council tax 

LIARS gonna lie 

20 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Economy shrank in May.

The Tory random excuse generator blames 'bank holidays' this time givimg 'Putin's illegal war' and 'Covid shock' a bit of a break.

But.. but.. Liz Truss is fronting up a new think tank to invent annual 3% growth,  like,  for yonks.

manaliveits105
25 minutes ago, Smithee said:

And shitposters...

1688371385044.png

You certainly have a wealth of background knowledge on that 

17 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's a global problem likesy

:kirk:

By my crude back-of-fag-packet calculations, the equivalent price here is $8.50 per gallon, so their fuel is almost a third of the price of ours!

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

But.. but.. Liz Truss is fronting up a new think tank to invent annual 3% growth,  like,  for yonks.

She was about as useful as the current comedian in charge.

He appears to have an opinion on everything from Cricket to BBC presenters but absolutely feck all to say on his government's shambolic handling of the economy.

Small boats but. 

4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's a proposed council tax rise.

The Scottish government (SNP Bad) won't do anything with the added income. Your local council will though. It'll probably pay for local services. It might be an SNP council in your local area, then again it might not be. If you live in Edinburgh then it's a Labour run council. 

Probably a good starting point to understand what council tax is and what it's used for though 👍

I lolled.

But then I thought, well what does Edinburgh Council use it for? Tell you what - it's not for keeping the city clean. I was shooting some images in town last week in the city centre. I must have spent half my time in post using the heal tool on the ground to clean up the gum and litter from the images. And that was in a touristy area where money is presumably spent disproportionately to keep it looking better. 

It's also definitely not spent on the roads.  

I can't support a council tax rise beyond our currently exorbitant inflation rate (and even that would be punishing enough) given how squeezed people currently are. 

The Mighty Thor
13 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I lolled.

But then I thought, well what does Edinburgh Council use it for? Tell you what - it's not for keeping the city clean. I was shooting some images in town last week in the city centre. I must have spent half my time in post using the heal tool on the ground to clean up the gum and litter from the images. And that was in a touristy area where money is presumably spent disproportionately to keep it looking better. 

It's also definitely not spent on the roads.  

I can't support a council tax rise beyond our currently exorbitant inflation rate (and even that would be punishing enough) given how squeezed people currently are. 

I don't live in Edinburgh so can't really comment on the state of the place but the roads are absolutely fecked.

I'm not so sure a 20% increase is actually that far above what inflation has really been. The inflationary pressures must be hammering council budgets so i'd reckon that size of increase probably only allows them to stand still.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I don't live in Edinburgh so can't really comment on the state of the place but the roads are absolutely fecked.

I'm not so sure a 20% increase is actually that far above what inflation has really been. The inflationary pressures must be hammering council budgets so i'd reckon that size of increase probably only allows them to stand still.

I don't doubt they suffer from inflationary pressures but joe public is enduring massive petrol & energy costs on top of being rinsed by food producers profit goughing way beyond inflation, alongside  punitive interests rates whilst simultaneously being told they shouldn't expect inflationary price rises.

I don't think it's reasonable to ask for more at this time nevermind double inflation. 

Meanwhile, whilst browsing for toothpaste in Asda ...

(They did, of course, have perfectly good toothpaste at a fraction of this, but, in all seriousness, is anyone gonna stump up £18 per 100 ml?)

Screenshot_20230713_145805_Gallery.jpg

Ps ... whilst making my way out, an evil thief swooped down and made off with my croissants.

Cheeky blighter!

Screenshot_20230713_150410_Gallery.jpg

9 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

don’t know why the BofE bother trying to make us poorer, up here there’s 

Aye its all the SNPs fault. :yadayada: Stuff in your local council area needing maintenance,  but not willing to pay for it, I see.

Your commission the drugs you punt to your patients should cover it, or the over inflated rates for private work should fund it for 10 years.

Edited by ri Alban

8 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

What are you on about.  Council tax goes to whatever council is running your area. Feck all to do with the Scottish government,  tho they did freeze it for a good few years.

When they lifted it, the tory, Labour and libdem run councils put it up 5% asap,  whilst snp run councils kept them frozen.  

Edited by ri Alban

Some folk obcmvivote on things they know nothing about. 

Only a simpleton would describe climate change as weather pish.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aye its all the SNPs fault. :yadayada: Stuff in your local council area needing maintenance,  but not willing to pay for it, I see.

Your commission the drugs you punt to your patients should cover it, or the over inflated rates for private work should fund it for 10 years.

Surely you don't believe poster is really a doctor. 

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

No! He'd be struck off if he was.

13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep 

Yep what? That they were unable to abolish it, but freeze it for years, or councils are putting it up? Labour, Libs,Tory and SNP. But don't let that get in the way.

Ask the Prefect to put in a section 35 to stop them.

21 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep 

For the highest bands, BTW. And was it not deemed unlawful. 

Our CT is going up 6% and £8.3m in service cuts.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Seems to believe it and I'm sure the folk in the bands who will have 20% increase can afford it. The rest will be about 5%.

henrysmithsgloves

Our local council has went to pot since it became SNP controlled ,too much taxpayers cash getting wasted on vanity projects 🤬🤬 labour weren't much better mind you,dread to think what the Tories would do🤬🤬

JudyJudyJudy
21 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

For the highest bands, BTW. And was it not deemed unlawful. 

Our CT is going up 6% and £8.3m in service cuts.

You another one rob from the wealthy 

robin mchoood 

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Seems to believe it and I'm sure the folk in the bands who will have 20% increase can afford it. The rest will be about 5%.

Usual SNP gash chore from people who have been successful , probably worked all their days to afford a higher price property . Typical politics of envy 

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Our local council has went to pot since it became SNP controlled ,too much taxpayers cash getting wasted on vanity projects 🤬🤬 labour weren't much better mind you,dread to think what the Tories would do🤬🤬

Happily we got shot of our snp council . 

We're getting new road surfaces, so not too bad. Tho we have to buy a permit for £40 to have our brown bin emptied with garden waste in it. Food only is free. Robbery, but clever Robbery,  as most folk won't take it to the cleansing department. 

3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Usual SNP gash chore from people who have been successful , probably worked all their days to afford a higher price property . Typical politics of envy 

Utter nonsense.  Folk who have, have. It's the way it should be. They use more of the services. Now feck up. 

As for the envy. No-one is envious of any one.  That's in your head. It's an Edinburgh thing, they seem to have a thing about Glasgow. And Glasgow couldn't give a feck what they do. It's very strange. 

Again,  No-one is envious.

People like fairness,  why should people with, not pay the extra, Karen?

Edited by ri Alban

8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

You another one rob from the wealthy 

robin mchoood 

Rob from the wealthy.  You're a clown. How do you think the wealthy become wealthy and stay wealthy.  Do you think they 'work hard'.  Or are you fears, your clients will have no money for you.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Utter nonsense.  Folk who have, have. It's the way it should be. They use more of the services. Now feck up. 

As for the envy. No-one is envious of any one.  That's in your head. It's an Edinburgh thing, they seem to have a thing about Glasgow. And Glasgow couldn't give a feck what they do. It's very strange. 

Again,  No-one is envious.

People like fairness,  why should people with, not pay the extra, Karen?

He's Corbyn AF though eh? :laugh2:

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Yeah. A minority hating minority.  A yes voter anaw, apparently.  Who said he'll vote Cherry of the SNP. 

A fecking fraud. 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He just likes the creepy old man look.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Yeah. A minority hating minority.  A yes voter anaw, apparently.  Who said he'll vote Cherry of the SNP. 

A fecking fraud. 

You want to slaughter people who don’t vote indy ! I think I prefer me . 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

A fecking fraud. 

What’s up today ? U ok dear ? Seem to be in another mood yet again . Watch that blood pressure