***NON-HEARTS*** January Transfer Window 2022

BackOfTheNet

Guest ToqueJambo
51 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Would be annoying if Hibs signed Sibbick. 

I might get a tiny bit worried if Hibs start signing experienced players - especially in defence and midfield which they clearly need - or very good 23-24 year olds like we have. Not worried in the slightest at their current recruitment strategy of signing multiple players with very little experience on long contracts and for lots of money.

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• TheBigO

• jamboinglasgow

40 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Sounds like a reliable source when they can't even get his name right....... 🙄

No credible sources but the rumour has done the rounds among Hibs fans for a week or 2 at seems. Mate of mines colleague was mumbling something about it at work before New Year to which my mate called shite, and another pal of mine said it was talked about on .net last week or so. Imagine Louis has probably got it from there and passing it off as ITK himself.

I'd imagine its a load of shite.

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

WTF??

Right, Chris, hibs tradition, first training session under yer belt, the lads have chipped in a pound each, away doon the docks n git yursel a dirty big burd. 

Hibs appear to be doing what we have done previously and bringing in quantity and not quality. I can't imagine the guys who finished third last season are over the moon at being replaced in many positions by a new manager who barely gave them a chance. A very divided camp in my opinion 

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Hibs appear to be doing what we have done previously and bringing in quantity and not quality. I can't imagine the guys who finished third last season are over the moon at being replaced in many positions by a new manager who barely gave them a chance. A very divided camp in my opinion 

it does feel a bit Levein about the signings. Players signed who could have potential but as learnt by us and Dundee United, too many players with potential can lead to problems if not enough of them realise that potential.

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Mister T said:

What a load of cobblers. No wonder the owl looks perplexed. 

Would make Ma heed swivel anaw

The Old Tolbooth
15 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Would be annoying if Hibs signed Sibbick. 

Why? Sibbick or Haring, Beni, or Devlin? I won't be losing sleep over that one if true :lol: 

The Grim Reaper
22 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Why? Sibbick or Haring, Beni, or Devlin? I won't be losing sleep over that one if true :lol: 

Just liked the look of him the very short time he was with us.

I'd happily exchange him for Haring.

The Grim Reaper
12 minutes ago, Barack said:

In a 145 minutes of football for us, you'd bin him for Haring, after all he's given us, despite his injuries? Hmm.

I think Haring may leave anyway in the summer. And I think he'll go with unanimous best wishes. We got him at his best time, but now, isn't it.

As for Sibbick. Tidy player, but I'll certainly not fry the lad if Hibs did sign him. 

I don't want to bin anyone, especially not Haring. 

Leveins Battalion

Rumours that Hibs are paying Boyle £8k a week and their new American £10k a week.🤣🤣🤣

What could possibly go wrong..

2 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Hibs looking to bring in David Marshall and Jason Kerr apparently. 

Excellent news - Marshall is apparently very easy to lob from distance....... 

TyphoonJambo
12 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Macey is better than Marshall

Edited by TypoonJambo

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Maloney is doing the classic new manager thing of buying like a lottery winner in Lidl. 

Clueless. Nobody he's signed is better than anyone they already have. 

⬇️

⬇️

⬇️

gorgie rools
12 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Was also told they're after Marshall but it's the same situation as Naismith where he'd be due £1/4M payoff plus the big drop in wages.

18 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Maloney is doing the classic new manager thing of buying like a lottery winner in Lidl. 

After he said he wasnt looking to bring anyone in as well 🤣

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

After he said he wasnt looking to bring anyone in as well 🤣

He’s taken a look at the squad and decided otherwise 🤣

ginger jambo98
12 minutes ago, gorgie rools said:

Was also told they're after Marshall but it's the same situation as Naismith where he'd be due £1/4M payoff plus the big drop in wages.

Salmon would be released as goalie coach apparently to offset but still a big outlay.

12 minutes ago, gorgie rools said:

That’s insane. They have a very good goalkeeper. 

Fair play to them, strengthen in the wrong areas pls 😂

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

🤷🏻

C50E1D76-8A68-4BA7-9317-C86FF5C5565A.jpeg

The papers this morning were certainly bigging him up, tall midfielder (think he is 6'4") and banging in the goals at college level. I would put him alongside Hibs Norwegian striker, certainly has lots of promise at a lower level, could work well or could end up slinking out the door.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Clueless. Nobody he's signed is better than anyone they already have. 

⬇️

⬇️

⬇️

Clarke is better than McGinn

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The papers this morning were certainly bigging him up, tall midfielder (think he is 6'4") and banging in the goals at college level. I would put him alongside Hibs Norwegian striker, certainly has lots of promise at a lower level, could work well or could end up slinking out the door.

He’s a yank student. More laughable stuff from the sheep. 

Unknown user
11 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Just liked the look of him the very short time he was with us.

I'd happily exchange him for Haring.

I can't get on board with that at all, he did look decent but nowhere near the level where I'd gamble losing Haring for him.

23 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Clarke is better than McGinn

Thought Clarke was a centre back?? McGinn has been playing right back this season has he not? 

15 minutes ago, bigmack said:

And Mueller has to be better than Murphy 

Maloney never signed Mueller. He was a Jack Ross pre contract back from the summer. 

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Thought Clarke was a centre back?? McGinn has been playing right back this season has he not? 

Maloney never signed Mueller. He was a Jack Ross pre contract back from the summer. 

Clarke is best as attacking RB

29 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Watched his YouTube highlights and he certainly stands out. All clips are from college "soccer" though and he's playing against some really shite players. Guess we'll wait and see what he's like here. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Clarke is best as attacking RB

Assumed he was a CB since that's where he's been playing for Ross County. Mind you that would explain why he's no been very good. 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Assumed he was a CB since that's where he's been playing for Ross County. Mind you that would explain why he's no been very good. 

He scored a couple cracking goals as rwb.

I have been impressed by him.

23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's been playing right back this season but think he came through as a centre back. And McGinn is brutal. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

He scored a couple cracking goals as rwb.

I have been impressed by him.

Meh. Paul McMullan and Austin McCann scored a couple of worldies too. 

He’s a defender at the team with the 2nd worst goals against in the league and was horrific against us.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

He's been playing right back this season but think he came through as a centre back. And McGinn is brutal. 

Can't believe they paid a fee for McGinn. They'll be desperate to sell someone soon. Nisbet, Mikkelson and Doidge cost them a million in transfer fees alone. While pleading poverty and accepting government handouts they've spent 700k on Nisbet and Mikkelson alone. Doyle-Hayes, Mikkelson, Magennis, Mackay, Tait all cost fees and all on 4-5 year contracts. Mueller probably on a long contract too. Campbell and Henderson on very long contracts. Cadden cost a fee but where does he fit in with Clarke and Mueller signed? They're on the hook for a lot of wages when some of these don't work out. Massive Romanov-style gambling going on here. Love to see it.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can't believe they paid a fee for McGinn. They'll be desperate to sell someone soon. Nisbet, Mikkelson and Doig cost them a million in transfer fees alone. While pleading poverty and accepting government handouts they've spent 700k on Nisbet and Mikkelson alone. Doyle-Hayes, Mikkelson, Magennis, Mackay, Tait all cost fees and all on 4-5 year contracts. Mueller probably on a long contract too. Campbell and Henderson on very long contracts. They're on the hook for a lot of wages when some of these don't work out. Massive Romanov-style gambling going on here. Love to see it.

Im not against long contracts as long as someone competent is handing them out. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Im not against long contracts as long as someone competent is handing them out. 

That's my point. Almost all these players are punts as well. Several Gavin Reilly style punts in one team seems risky. With some of the fees being talked about that's effectively 6 year contracts in some cases.

No-one's going to tell me that Hibs somehow see something in Tait, Mackay, Macgennis, Doyle-Hayes, Mikkelson, etc that no-one else did that made them worth the fee and contract length? A number were signed by the sporting director they just sacked and others seem to be getting signed by the owner's son.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's my point.

It could work, it could be a disaster. The Norwegian one seems excessive and a big gamble. But I'd say Nisbet has been a good signing for them. 

The rest, I have no idea. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

It could work, it could be a disaster. The Norwegian one seems excessive and a big gamble. But I'd say Nisbet has been a good signing for them. 

The rest, I have no idea. 

Nisbet is an OK signing, but for 250 grand or so? We got a much better footballer in Boyce for a lot less. Put it this way, if Boyce was Scottish he would be well ahead of Nisbet in the queue to play for Scotland.

What's the Hampden with Boyle? Have Celtic made a bid? Few Hibbies on Twitter talking like he's offski.

P.S. There's not a ****ing hope in hell Hibs are paying that weasel £8k a week, or this American lad more. :rofl: 

58 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can't believe they paid a fee for McGinn. They'll be desperate to sell someone soon. Nisbet, Mikkelson and Doidge cost them a million in transfer fees alone. While pleading poverty and accepting government handouts they've spent 700k on Nisbet and Mikkelson alone. Doyle-Hayes, Mikkelson, Magennis, Mackay, Tait all cost fees and all on 4-5 year contracts. Mueller probably on a long contract too. Campbell and Henderson on very long contracts. Cadden cost a fee but where does he fit in with Clarke and Mueller signed? They're on the hook for a lot of wages when some of these don't work out. Massive Romanov-style gambling going on here. Love to see it.

There is always the question of the deferred wages from last season when they openly mocked Ann Budge for agreeing wage cuts with our higher paid employees. I'm sure that given their long standing moral stance on financial cheating they will have paid in full and would under no circumstances be signing players that they can't afford. 

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, Locky said:

What's the Hampden with Boyle? Have Celtic made a bid? Few Hibbies on Twitter talking like he's offski.

P.S. There's not a ****ing hope in hell Hibs are paying that weasel £8k a week, or this American lad more. :rofl: 

There is talk of him moving to Saudi Arabia, the Sun this evening says he is being offer £1m a year to sign for a Saudi club, which he wants to discuss with that club.