***NON-HEARTS*** January Transfer Window 2022

BackOfTheNet

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah he is at Tranmere - I think its a full season loan. Their Academy squads are some size. It's actually ridiculous. They have more than 100 players on their books lol. 

Its something that doesn't get enough scrutiny, Premier league clubs stockpile young talent. The fact you have players who are in their mid 20s still at Premier league clubs and been out on loan to at least 5 clubs. There needs to be limits on players clubs have on their books. Also shows the cheek of these Premier league clubs calling for call offs because of injuries and Covid rather than use the many youngsters they have.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• TheBigO

• jamboinglasgow

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its something that doesn't get enough scrutiny, Premier league clubs stockpile young talent. The fact you have players who are in their mid 20s still at Premier league clubs and been out on loan to at least 5 clubs. There needs to be limits on players clubs have on their books. Also shows the cheek of these Premier league clubs calling for call offs because of injuries and Covid rather than use the many youngsters they have.

The one I always remember was that blonde full back Hibs seemed to have forever from Man City. He had never played a league game for them and had spent his entire career on loan. He probably hadn't been at the Man City ground for years. 

Are Hibs putting a B team in the Lowland League next season ?

This trio of signings surely aren’t to challenge for a European spot ?

The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The one I always remember was that blonde full back Hibs seemed to have forever from Man City. He had never played a league game for them and had spent his entire career on loan. He probably hadn't been at the Man City ground for years. 

You can probably file Meshino under the same category. 

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Last part is spot on.  Cheeky AF.  These are professional footballers, signed to your club - but you won't play them?

Is it basically a money-making thing?  Genuine question.  Like these guys all have a market value and if you have 60 kids, and sell 10 a year, the rest out on loan, it's a wee background money-maker?

Or is it a simple numbers thing - have 60 kids and you're more likely to get one Mason Mount or one Trent A-A?

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Yeah, it is suprisingly common. Was looking at Liverpool's wiki yesterday and noticed Sheyi Ojo. He was on loan to Rangers three seasons ago (which was his 5th loan) and he is still at Liverpool (currently on loan to Millwall) at the age of 24. Having only made 13 competitive appearances for Liverpool in his whole career.

15 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

3.5 year deal for a wee laddie who has hardly played 😂😂😂 what a gift Hibs are

Wee Shaun has probably had a bit of advice from Craig Levein.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Last part is spot on.  Cheeky AF.  These are professional footballers, signed to your club - but you won't play them?

Is it basically a money-making thing?  Genuine question.  Like these guys all have a market value and if you have 60 kids, and sell 10 a year, the rest out on loan, it's a wee background money-maker?

Or is it a simple numbers thing - have 60 kids and you're more likely to get one Mason Mount or one Trent A-A?

Think its a bit of both to be honest. Chelsea did the money making thing for a while because a loop hole in FFP meant that you could buy young players and it would not count as FFP expenditure, but if you sold them then the income would be under FFP.  

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah, it is suprisingly common. Was looking at Liverpool's wiki yesterday and noticed Sheyi Ojo. He was on loan to Rangers three seasons ago (which was his 5th loan) and he is still at Liverpool (currently on loan to Millwall) at the age of 24. Having only made 13 competitive appearances for Liverpool in his whole career.

I remembered his name. Ryan McGivern. one league appearance for Man City and then 6 clubs in 6 years before eventually signing on a contract at Hibs. Left them one year into a two year deal and has slid down the leagues and is now at Newry in NI which is his home town team. Yet somehow managed to get 24 caps for NI in that time. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He knows the drill.😂

Screenshot_20220105-102810_Chrome.jpg

Playing for Hibs for Elias Melkersson will be like he never left Norway playing in front of small crowds at Easter Road!

They were never in for McGarth so I don't know how they can say the missed out on him. 

Henderson is being linked because his big brother played for them, Hibs have some weird obsession on siblings they have had every McGinn brother possible, I wouldn't be surprised if Mrs McGinn isn't down the docks punting herself.

I thought Hibs had some sort of deal with Arsenal for loan players so this is the crap they get from them in Harry Clakre, Nothing beats their deal with Brighton though and we end up with Cochrane 😂

copa-mundial
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I remembered his name. Ryan McGivern. one league appearance for Man City and then 6 clubs in 6 years before eventually signing on a contract at Hibs. Left them one year into a two year deal and has slid down the leagues and is now at Newry in NI which is his home town team. Yet somehow managed to get 24 caps for NI in that time. 

Was the boy Barker, not the same? 

Mind he went to sevco as well. Wonder where he's plying his trade now?

15 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Sands to play for Rangers  hmmm..:kirk:

:lol: Exactly what I though when I seen the article. Total WUM's that club.

The Treasurer
42 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Couldn't have put it better.

There is something very wrong with the whole system that allows big clubs to stockpile young players with virtually no chance of them ever getting near the first team

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble with this one but they're absolutely fine at RB because 1) Tavernier has only just turned 30 at the end of October and has a good couple of years left in the tank, and 2) They're close to signing a young guy James Sands from NYCF on an 18 month loan-to-buy as Patterson's replacement. That's a very astute piece of business if you ask me as the lad is only 21, can play RB, CB, CM, RM, is already a regular international, and they have him basically for free for free for the next 18 months. AND if they do decide to buy him at the end of the 18m loan, it'll be at a price agreed today rather than what he'll be worth at that point. So he could crack on and be worth £10M or so in 18m time, but they'll only need to pay £2-3M to sign him permanently. They've done very well out of this. Unfortunately. 

There's no bubble to burst on my end, here for a debate. Right now the facts are that there RB turns 31 this year, and they've sold their best prospect & Scottish International. Decent sum they have gained but not by EPL standards and won't wipe out their debt.  

If it was me, I would be looking to sell Tav and bring Patterson into the fold (if he is as great as media seemed to be making him out to be).

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

You can probably file Meshino under the same category. 

Yeah he’s a decent player but never going to play for their first team. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

There's no bubble to burst on my end, here for a debate. Right now the facts are that there RB turns 31 this year, and they've sold their best prospect & Scottish International. Decent sum they have gained but not by EPL standards and won't wipe out their debt.  

If it was me, I would be looking to sell Tav and bring Patterson into the fold (if he is as great as media seemed to be making him out to be).

All fair points, the new manager looks to prefer FBs that defend first and foremost so they might go for a more solid younger guy to take over from Tavernier eventually (if anyone wants him).
From what little I’ve seen on social media they seem happy with the deal, they’ve been a bit jealous of their bigoted pals selling assets regularly and raising cash that way. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

All fair points, the new manager looks to prefer FBs that defend first and foremost so they might go for a more solid younger guy to take over from Tavernier eventually (if anyone wants him).
From what little I’ve seen on social media they seem happy with the deal, they’ve been a bit jealous of their bigoted pals selling assets regularly and raising cash that way. 

Scottish media quite giddy over sale. Bless.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Scottish media quite giddy over sale. Bless.

Yeah I don’t read it but thought they would be 🤦🏽

Pasquale for King

I wonder if Motherwell will be looking to send Roberts back to us, has only started 3 games and came on in 8 others. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Nathan Paterson is a good player - using him as benchmark though must value Hickey at between £15m to £20m.

Hickey has achieved so much more in club football - this than a handful of international games doesn't add a huge amount of value IMO.

If he's the Benchmark Hickey is worth about £75m

As you say he's achieved far more. 

Berra than you
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wonder if Motherwell will be looking to send Roberts back to us, has only started 3 games and came on in 8 others. 

Think the initial loan was only until January, similar to Henderson.

SomethingAboutObua
10 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Sadly that's correct, hopefully Motherwell or a Championship team take him on for the last 6 months 

Roberts seems to gave been found out there. After an initial burst of enthusiasm. 'I like the way we  play' etc. The feeling has not been reciprocated.

41 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The club should just pretend they don't know who he is.  "Na, it's no mine mate, you tried putting posters up..?"

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Nick of this.😂😂

I though it was one for their womans team.🙈

Screenshot_20220105-130047_Chrome.jpg

A Jason Cummings / Scott Allan Hybrid 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

The club should just pretend they don't know who he is.  "Na, it's no mine mate, you tried putting posters up..?"

Hahahahaha, worth a try 😆

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Couldn't have put it better.

There is something very wrong with the whole system that allows big clubs to stockpile young players with virtually no chance of them ever getting near the first team

It's called greed and money.

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

So it was, must’ve just hoped it was a year 🤦🏽.

Just read Blackburn are in advanced talks with Oli Burke from Sheffield United on loan.  Perhaps to strengthen or replace an outgoing.   Maybe Diaz.   Although Burke isn't exactly a prolific striker.   

10 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Nick of this.😂😂

I though it was one for their womans team.🙈

Screenshot_20220105-130047_Chrome.jpg

Signed until the summer of 2026!!  Just let that sink in…we’ve been burnt by too long contracts in the past,   Hibs seem to be flying by the seat of their pants so far in this window.   

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Signed until the summer of 2026!!  Just let that sink in…we’ve been burnt by too long contracts in the past,   Hibs seem to be flying by the seat of their pants so far in this window.   

His youtube videos are like watching an Arniston Rangers game,not even as big a crowd as Bonnyrigg Rose.🤣,the defending is schoolboy stuff yet the manky mob are creaming themselfs.

Was beginning to worry when I saw Hibs were signing a dude from Bodo/Glimt as they've been decent last couple or years then realised he's been on loan from them to a pub team in a lower league 🙄 happy days 

Guest ToqueJambo

Who was that inexperienced Scandinavian "wonderkid" forward Vlad signed on a multi-year deal for a large fee?

With these signings, is today the day we can officially put the Hibs "conveyor belt of young talent" myth to bed? Even long after it was proven to be a myth, they did still cling to it but don't see how they can now. I'm sure Maloney has been tracking this obscure Norwegian for some time to justify the large fee so soon after arriving at Hibs and it's not at all a Team Gordon signing.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Naisys Tackle

He good be good he could be sh15e.  Loads of money to be spending, probably adds up to a 5th of the money we've squandered under Levein. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

This is the exact thing they had a go at us for during the Vlad era. They clearly learned nothing from their 10 years obsessing over Vlad's unsustainable methods.

Their squad is so unbalanced - not only with far too many midfielders and wingers but also in terms of a lack of real experience and genuine leaders.

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Who was that inexperienced Scandinavian "wonderkid" forward Vlad signed on a multi-year deal for a large fee?

With these signings, is today the day we can officially put the Hibs "conveyor belt of young talent" myth to bed? Even long after it was proven to be a myth, they did still cling to it but don't see how they can now. I'm sure Maloney has been tracking this obscure Norwegian for some time to justify the large fee so soon after arriving at Hibs and it's not at all a Team Gordon signing.

I don't remember a Scandinavian, are you thinking of Kostadinov or Copil?

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is the exact thing they had a go at us for during the Vlad era. They clearly learned nothing from their 10 years obsessing over Vlad's unsustainable methods.

Their squad is so unbalanced - not only with far too many midfielders and wingers but also in terms of a lack of real experience and genuine leaders.

What team is going to sign a player for good money on a 1 or 2 year contract?  They have clearly invested in him and is nothing like the 3 or 4 year deals handed out to utter shite by Levein. 

If we spend £400-500k on a player it will have to be on 4 year deal at the very least.  

Leveins Battalion
10 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He good be good he could be sh15e.  Loads of money to be spending, probably adds up to a 5th of the money we've squandered under Levein. 

You are Hibs aren't you.:levein_interesting:

If he kicks on they have an asset tied down, if he doesn't they can loan him out or whatever and he might kick on. I don't see much negative on this for them given even on the bench he'll be putting pressure on Nisbet to deliver.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You are Hibs aren't you.:levein_interesting:

Where do you get that from?  Because I said their new player could be good or shite, it's a wild guess.  Hardly worth ripping them over spending money though considering recent history of Levein chucking our own money down the shitter.  

Naisys Tackle
Just now, JackLadd said:

If he kicks on they have an asset tied down, if he doesn't they can loan him out or whatever and he might kick on. I don't see much negative on this for them given even on the bench he'll be putting pressure on Nisbet to deliver.

The boy looks like he's built for an under 14 lassies team in all fairness.   Unless he's Messi on the baw he's going to be booted about the shop. 

3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Are Hibs putting a B team in the Lowland League next season ?

This trio of signings surely aren’t to challenge for a European spot ?

Another consideration about those signings. They are early in the window and Midget Maloney has only been there a few weeks, so are they his targets or were they for Ross? Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

His youtube videos are like watching an Arniston Rangers game,not even as big a crowd as Bonnyrigg Rose.🤣,the defending is schoolboy stuff yet the manky mob are creaming themselfs.

Imagine we had payed £350k and given three year deals to Dylan Bikey.  Or Jonathan Toto!

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Not sure that adds up and isn't this about Hibs? Levein's recruitment was scattergun and wasteful - and Savage has shown him up - but how many transfer fees did Levein pay out? How much did he pay for Hickey and Sow for example? That's several relatively unproven players bought for over 200k now by Hibs under Gordon, no doubt with higher wages that justify that valuation, in a short period with very little return - and no players sold or looking likely to be sold. Unlike Levein who recouped a lot of money with Sow, Hickey, Paterson, Uche, Clare, Lafferty, Paterson and Washington all sold for fees, including almost 3m total for 3 of those players.

Souttar, bought under Levein as DoF cost us half what this Norwegian laddie is costing Hibs and would have brought a good fee had he not got injured and might still. Levein wasted money on too many punts and the odd bizarre long contract for a player who never played but in a way that didn't put us in financial danger - even when we got demoted during a pandemic. A rational reading of the return is the only seasons that could be termed a major waste in terms of underperforming as a squad were the second halfs of 16/17 and 18/19 and then 19/20. In terms of squad performance relative to wages, seasons 14/15 and 15/16 were good, and 17/18 was a pretty standard meh, transition, squad rebuild season. It obviously went seriously downhill from there after a brief rally in 18/19.

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Looked him up - Juho Makela.

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

David Wittenveen I suspect