• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• TheBigO

• jamboinglasgow

59 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Hmmm,  we’ve seen plenty players who didn’t kick on but were tied down on lengthy contracts which cost us a wage (or part of a wage if loaned out) for too long.  

Surely the objective view is its high risk and reward with this one,  but to not recognise the risk feels a bit odd.  

Tell me about it, mostly journeyman types with Levein. I wouldn't have a problem paying out for a youth prospect and putting on a long deal if the price is fair value. Hanging about for loans or hoping for another Beni is also risky when rivals are investing, hopefully some decent signings are incoming.

Philippe Coutinho set to agree to move to a Premier League club by the weekend.

5 English Premiership teams to pick from. 

No further talks between Real Madrid and Portos reps for a sensational 100mil move for Hibs defender, Ron Gordon furious. 

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Some of those passes are ****ing awful for a highlight reel. Luckily hes known but jesus ****

Edited by sadj

57 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Philippe Coutinho set to agree to move to a Premier League club by the weekend.

5 English Premiership teams to pick from. 

Aston Villa. Leicester, Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton. 

Tottenham seemed to be his preferred choice over Newcastle.   That was before Gerrards Aston Villa got a bid in.    

Seems like the biggest  noise is Aston Villa to get him on loan.   A reunion with Gerrard. 

Correction, there are now six Premier league clubs after him. 

Edited by HMFC01

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Aaron Ramsay, and Seven Botman to Newcastle. 

Ruben Neves to Man Utd.

Lucas Digne to Chelsea.

Christian Eriksen to Newcastle also doing the rounds.

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Ruben Neves to Man Utd.

Lucas Digne to Chelsea.

Newcastle all over the media bidding for anyone of quality it looks like ☺. From wonder kids to experienced players.   Will be interesting to see their final squad at end of transfer window.   Will Howe get them playing well early or too late.   Will be good to see his playing style with star players performing.   I think they will scrape through against relegation. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Newcastle all over the media bidding for anyone of quality it looks like ☺. From wonder kids to experienced players.   Will be interesting to see their final squad at end of transfer window.   Will Howe get them playing well early or too late.   Will be good to see his playing style with star players performing.   I think they will scrape through against relegation. 

They played well against Man U,,everyone does though 😆
I think they will be fine come May. 

12 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

While there is no doubt Newcastle will be approaching clubs and agents of a lot of players just now there's probably twice as many just using the Newcastle money angle to start rumours to bump up transfer fee's/wages 

17 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I can just picture Trippiers reaction when he's spraying those cross field balls to the likes of Almiron who's attempt at controlling it will end up in the top tier of the Milburn Stand

jamboinglasgow

According to reports, Celtic are looking to sign Martin Boyle from Hibs, Hibs want £3m for him. Apparently an unnamed Middle Eastern team is also in for him.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8241853/celtic-eye-bid-martin-boyle-hibs-listen-offers-3m/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=ScottishSunSportTwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1641459379

Edited by jamboinglasgow

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

According to reports, Celtic are looking to sign Martin Boyle from Hibs, Hibs want £3m for him. Apparently an unnamed Middle Eastern team is also in for him.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8241853/celtic-eye-bid-martin-boyle-hibs-listen-offers-3m/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=ScottishSunSportTwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1641459379

£3m they could have got him for half a million last year and let's be honest he hasn't played as well as he was when Celtic where interested when Lennon was still there.

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Boyle leaving allows for a full rebuild. Because Hibs have been massively reliant on Boyle. 

True, but is January the month you can really do that. Then again they now have Boyle and Meuller who are both right wingers, probably two of the highest players at the club playing in the same position so you need to move on one as both will want to play (you could play either of them on the left but not sure how strong they are there.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

True, but is January the month you can really do that. Then again they now have Boyle and Meuller who are both right wingers, probably two of the highest players at the club playing in the same position so you need to move on one as both will want to play (you could play either of them on the left but not sure how strong they are there.

Can't see Celtic paying £3million for a 28 year old playing in Scotland.

25 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If Boyle goes to Celtic it will be for squad filling reasons only. He won't take Jota's place in the team and it's doubtful he'll kick out Abada/Forrest. With the three new Japanese to accommodate, as well as Mikey Johnson, Boyle would be spending a lot of time on the bench getting splinters on his erse.

Rick Sanchez

Ewan Henderson to Hibs on loan from their parent club.

Another ugly ******* btw. I reckon their maw has been shagging Predator.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

39 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

£3m they could have got him for half a million last year and let's be honest he hasn't played as well as he was when Celtic where interested when Lennon was still there.

They couldn't have got him for 500k last season, that was teams outside of Scotland that the release clause applied to.  Everyone knew that.... except Aberdeen :D 

Салатные палочки

Henderson is dug shite according to County and Pars fans I've seen talking about him. Bullied silly during his loan spells. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You wouldn't think Celtic would pay half of that to be honest.  Do they need him?  At all?  Also another Oz international so along with what's his name and the four Japanese players, a real nightmare every international break.

It's an OTT valuation too, but thing is if that's Hibs' value for him, that's up to them and if they stick to it no matter what, good on them I suppose you'd have to say.

Would love him to leave Hibs.  We're already better than them, but he'd be a huge loss and money maybe wouldn't buy a replacement you'd have to say (well, whatever money they got that didn't head to Peru)

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You wouldn't think Celtic would pay half of that to be honest.  Do they need him?  At all?  Also another Oz international so along with what's his name and the four Japanese players, a real nightmare every international break.

It's an OTT valuation too, but thing is if that's Hibs' value for him, that's up to them and if they stick to it no matter what, good on them I suppose you'd have to say.

Would love him to leave Hibs.  We're already better than them, but he'd be a huge loss and money maybe wouldn't buy a replacement you'd have to say (well, whatever money they got that didn't head to Peru)

To be honest, having seen how Hibs approached the summer in trying to punt their players, it wouldn't surprise me if Celtic showed a little interest but Hibs are trying to big it up to the press to get others to come in and sign him ("if Celtic are after him he must be good") and put the price up in public but knowing in private they would settle for less. Seemed to be how they acted in the Summer.

23 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To be honest, having seen how Hibs approached the summer in trying to punt their players, it wouldn't surprise me if Celtic showed a little interest but Hibs are trying to big it up to the press to get others to come in and sign him ("if Celtic are after him he must be good") and put the price up in public but knowing in private they would settle for less. Seemed to be how they acted in the Summer.

It was 100% how they acted in the summer.  And it didn't work.  And Ron was furious is what i heard!  There was money on the table and they should have taken it.

I honetsly just don't see how Martin Boyle is a £3M player.  He's good, don't get me wrong,.  Outwith hearts, you could see how David Turnbul was worth a good whack, some others over the years, even back to Hibs c. 2006.  Boyle?  He fits what Hibs do.  He's dangerous, but is he the level of what Celtic already have?  I wouldn't say so, so why would they spend a penny on him.  If he was out of contract, worth a punt

18 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Ruben Neves to Man Utd.

Lucas Digne to Chelsea.

Heard Brentford are interested in Eriksen too. Newcastle could offer more money but location will come into play with this if it was between them. 

54 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Henderson is dug shite according to County and Pars fans I've seen talking about him. Bullied silly during his loan spells. 

Henderson signed for Hibs they now have 13/14 first team midfielders. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Boyle leaving allows for a full rebuild. Because Hibs have been massively reliant on Boyle. 

Celtic offer Henderson on loan and potential perm deal which allows them to go in and get Boyle. Hibs dropping there skants again to  Celtic 😂

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Celtic offer Henderson on loan and potential perm deal which allows them to go in and get Boyle. Hibs dropping there skants again to  Celtic 😂

Not sure about that it's a permanent deal.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, May one-six said:

If Boyle goes to Celtic it will be for squad filling reasons only. He won't take Jota's place in the team and it's doubtful he'll kick out Abada/Forrest. With the three new Japanese to accommodate, as well as Mikey Johnson, Boyle would be spending a lot of time on the bench getting splinters on his erse.

I'd like us to go for that Johnson if he's still struggling for game time. 

Reminds me of McKay but with a goal or two. 

5 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He looks like that dude from the 80’s movie Mask

Rocky. What a movie 😊

Boyle to celtic surely a cert after the wee deal the day. A County defender and another shite midfielder whilst losing their main man, what could possibly go wrong 🤣 

jamboinglasgow

Dundee are looking to sign Canadian International and Inter Miami player Jay Chapman.

Liam Shaw of Celtic has gone on loan to Motherwell (it was looking like he was going to St Johnstone before.)

5 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Henderson signed for Hibs they now have 13/14 first team midfielders. 

their wage bill must be mental. But then again they get 17,000 every home game and also have the HSL scheme so coining it in 

🤪🤣🤣

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

They will teach someone else to dive.

Rick Sanchez
11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

There is absolutely no way Maloney has had any say in any of those Hibs signings

You wouldn't think so!

34 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

their wage bill must be mental. But then again they get 17,000 every home game and also have the HSL scheme so coining it in 

🤪🤣🤣

😂😂

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Not sure about that it's a permanent deal.

In the summer. On loan now till the end. Celtic sweeting up their wee brothers from lochend for Tom Daly I mean Martin Boyle.