***NON-HEARTS*** January Transfer Window 2022

BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

It's like Maloney is playing football Manager for the 1st time,just sign anybody available.😂

😂 Wait until the summer when they are linked with Origi KDB and Tielemans and end up resigning the Belgian Omeonga from Livingston.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• TheBigO

• jamboinglasgow

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Zander Clark to Aberdeen. 

Good for them, gives them a good gk that is improving for the next 5 plus years at least. 

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Boyle leaving allows for a full and total collapse. Because Hibs have been massively reliant on Boyle. 

Ftfy Mikey.

49 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

There is absolutely no way Maloney has had any say in any of those Hibs signings

Henderson must be his signing…..Maloney was his U18 manager at Celtic.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Good for them, gives them a good gk that is improving for the next 5 plus years at least. 

He's still a Hibs bassa, remember the stick he got when zeefuik scored against him 

Guest ToqueJambo

Hibs signings so far are weird. One 19-21 year old prospect fair enough but 3 when you have no quality experienced players to surround them with is a risk especially if you're paying money for 1 or 2 of them? Our best young players have usually emerged when we have very good experienced pros at the club at the same time. I'd be happy enough with these players going into our reserve squad if they were free - we've done that a few times with players that age and some have turned out to be great signings in time. Kirk, Webster, Temps and Levein spring to mind, although all those guys had played a good number of first team games unlike the 3 Hibs have signed. But their whole squad needs an upgrade in quite a few areas so it sounds like they're being signed for immediate use which would worry me if I was a Hibs fan.

Ok, we signed Cochrane at that age and he has shown up well but he's the only player that age in our team and the experience of others has undoubtedly helped him.

6 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

Boyle to celtic surely a cert after the wee deal the day. A County defender and another shite midfielder whilst losing their main man, what could possibly go wrong 🤣 

Kyogo AND Boyle at Celtic?

20220107_012152.jpg

TyphoonJambo
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hibs signings so far are weird. One 19-21 year old prospect fair enough but 3 when you have no quality experienced players to surround them with is a risk especially if you're paying money for 1 or 2 of them? Our best young players have usually emerged when we have very good experienced pros at the club at the same time. I'd be happy enough with these players going into our reserve squad if they were free - we've done that a few times with players that age and some have turned out to be great signings in time. Kirk, Webster, Temps and Levein spring to mind, although all those guys had played a good number of first team games unlike the 3 Hibs have signed. But their whole squad needs an upgrade in quite a few areas so it sounds like they're being signed for immediate use which would worry me if I was a Hibs fan.

Ok, we signed Cochrane at that age and he has shown up well but he's the only player that age in our team and the experience of others has undoubtedly helped him.

They've got Porteous as a mentor mind.

13 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Henderson must be his signing…..Maloney was his U18 manager at Celtic.

Henderson said when he was in talks with hibs they had no manger so wanting to hold off to see who they got in first 

Just now, theshed said:

Henderson said when he was in talks with hibs they had no manger so wanting to hold off to see who they got in first 

Wee Henderson must be better than I remember in the Championship for Maloney to be so keen. Didn't stand out from memory. 

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

If Gerrard can get him anywhere near to his Liverpool form that will be a very good but of business.

This defender He Vs got must be great an 18 month loan.Sounds like anything to get part of his wages off the bill as not a soul interested other than Hibs 

Салатные палочки
19 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

This defender He Vs got must be great an 18 month loan.Sounds like anything to get part of his wages off the bill as not a soul interested other than Hibs 

Is that the guy Clarke? He looked absolute Tam Kite against us :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Is that the guy Clarke? He looked absolute Tam Kite against us :laugh:

The guy Henderson they’ve signed was on loan at Dunfermline. My pal is a season ticket holder and said he was absolutely dreadful. 

Harry Clarke was one of Ross County's best players this season along with Charles-Cooke and Hungbo. He is a right back who looked very poor having to play centre back against us.

As an RB he has been excellent going forward but maybe not so good defending. I guess County only wanted him for the next 6 mths so Hibs Gazumped them by taking him from Arsenal for 18 Mths.

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

They will teach someone else to dive.

Boyle and the Japanese lad in he same team. 

Be like the first game in "Squid games." 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Boyle and the Japanese lad in he same team. 

Be like the first game in "Squid games." 

I'm thinking the glass bridge one, except every pane is the fake glass!

Rick Sanchez
47 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Harry Clarke was one of Ross County's best players this season along with Charles-Cooke and Hungbo. He is a right back who looked very poor having to play centre back against us.

As an RB he has been excellent going forward but maybe not so good defending. I guess County only wanted him for the next 6 mths so Hibs Gazumped them by taking him from Arsenal for 18 Mths.

Is he? 

That McGinn, Cadden and Clarke then...

Hope young Tony gets his career back on track. Definitely has ability. Where is Harry cochrane these days?

49 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Anthony Macdonald to Edinburgh City from Inverness 

Just now, Newton51 said:

Hope young Tony gets his career back on track. Definitely has ability. Where is Harry cochrane these days?

Qos

1 hour ago, CornhillHearts said:

I assume that means he is no longer a full time footballer. 

1 hour ago, CornhillHearts said:

I assume he is trying to regain fitness and form after the injuries he has had

2 hours ago, JTJ said:

I think he is a very good player.

Don't like to hear he is at ER.

19 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I think he is a very good player.

Don't like to hear he is at ER.

I agree. Looks an athletic player.

gorgie rools
2 hours ago, JTJ said:

Rangers made a last minute bid of £1M on Tuesday for Clarke to replace Patterson but Arsenal think he's worth keeping on their books. 

10 minutes ago, gorgie rools said:

Rangers made a last minute bid of £1M on Tuesday for Clarke to replace Patterson but Arsenal think he's worth keeping on their books. 

I've already had a few but I assume this is a wind up 

3 minutes ago, bigmack said:

Probably the Scottish media fulfilling their mission  to feed the Orcs stories that fuel the notion that TRFC have money to burn.

Dean Smith manager of Norwich on Newcastle United position   , "You can't buy your way out of trouble. " :rofl:  

Of course they can.   They will if they get a solid core into the defence, midfield, strengthen attack.    

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, bigmack said:

Yes, why would they pay a million when they could get him for nothing for 18 months like Hibs did?

Clarke and Henderson seem solid relatively cheap punts to me as development potential, although they have a million midfielders already including several they paid decent money for. It's the Norwegian lad transfer that stands out for me. That fee for pure potential is unheard of for a club outwith the OF, even the OF don't fork out 400k very often for players with no first team experience for their club. Not even Romanov paid that much for pure potential. We paid a lot less for Souttar who was pretty proven and had just lost his way at Utd a bit, also paid a lot less for decent prospects like Temps and Gavin Reilly who had proved themselves at a lower level in the past.

It's much more than Hibs paid for Nesbit who made his name at a similar level. 400k would be rare for us or Hibs for an established player and it has to be up there as one of Hibs biggest transfers. Why pay that much with apparently no other interest? And if he's that big a talent why wouldn't Bodo/Glimt keep him around for another season to see if he is the real deal, then potentially get goals from him and a bigger transfer fee?

Definitely not a Maloney signing either. Had a rare peek on Hibs.net to see if they were talking about it and lots of eyebrows raised about the fee. It also seems like Bode/Glimt's academy director was at Norwich with Hibs CEO. Who arranged the fee and assessed the value of the player if it wasn't Maloney and they have no proper sporting director? Hope he's crap obviously but I'm surprised more hasn't been made of that fee in the press and questions raised around who signed him considering what a large chunk of the budget it is. intriguing for sure.

28 minutes ago, Jambo4050 said:

Toby sibbick signing for hibs

Meh folk on here are obsessed by a player that played under two games for us.Beni and Devlin are who he would be competing with so I don't see him as an improvement on them.So I guess the guy has to go somewhere

Malinga the Swinga

Laughable attempts made by vermin interlopers bigging up their shite new signings. 

McGregor has failed on loan at previous clubs, Clark is utter shite and will never progress while unknown youngster has it all to prove.

Hibs were shite before these signings and will continue to be shite on the future.

**** the Hibs.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Source?

the Evening News understands reports linking Lincoln City’s Conor McGrandles, Philadelphia Union centre-back Stuart Findlay, Barnsley defender and former Hearts loanee Toby Sibbick, and Vålerenga winger Osame Sahraoui with Hibs are wide of the mark.

So hibs say no, days ago, Monday.  maybe something changed.   Clubs are coy like that. 

7 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The guy Henderson they’ve signed was on loan at Dunfermline. My pal is a season ticket holder and said he was absolutely dreadful. 

These young players that get cameo appearances in the Celtic first team are difficult to judge. Celtic are on the front foot from start to finish in c 80% of their games. Hibs aren't. 

The loan spells might be a better yardstick of his capabilities. 

34 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Would be annoying if Hibs signed Sibbick. 

Sounds like a reliable source when they can't even get his name right....... 🙄

Bayern Munich playing Borrisia Monchengladbach the now live.   Bayern squad decimated by covid and injuries.    Bunch of 16 Yr old on the bench, some reserves.    Not transfer related.   

One senior player linked to Newcastle though.   Their big centre half.    Just a rumour. 

Edited by HMFC01