Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Got a feeling Rangers will really want him this month - with his injury history they'll be terrified of us playing him!

TBH I don’t think they would like it if we sent him on gardening leave either… they’d be getting a player that hasn’t kicked a ball in anger, in 6 months. Completely un-match fit. 
It would be better for all parties for sevco to stump up what we want and move on. If they don’t, they’ll be worse off for it. I really hope Hearts stick to their guns here. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He went with most folks best wishes, once again showing there’s a way to leave. I’m not sure he even got much stick when he returned with these horrible *******s. 

👍

10 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Yes but Hartley and Wyness were introduced to the Hearts fans on the last day of the season in 2003

St Johnstone and ICTs season however was in fact completed the previous weekend 

Certainly makes sense.

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

I kinda agree with this, if I was Souttar Id be instructing my agent that I wont sign a precon unless the club agree to buy me in January.  Imagine the scenario where he breaks down again and faces the prospect of stacking shelves in Tesco for the rest of his working life.

If it's a dream come true for him and his family and all that shite I'm not really thinking he cares much. 

He shouldn’t play another game for us. He doesn’t want to represent the club anymore and was quite happy to take action that prohibited us getting a half decent fee. 

Dump him in the reserves and make Taylor Moore our new RCB with Smith as back up. 

Hopefully his actions cost him Scotland call ups. Because if he’s not playing Clarke probably won’t be picking him. 

IIRC Moores grandad is Scottish so we should be saying to him this is your time to impress and try and get into the Scotland squad. 

51 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

Souttar is one of the best young defenders we’ve had since the days of Maclaren and Levein. 

it’s a short career -especially with his injuries. 
We’ve supported and looked after him through his injuries, and developed him from a player with potential, to a full internationalist. 

This is how he thanks us. 

**** him. Judas ****

He couldn’t lace my avatar’s left boot.

5 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

This is how I see the  John Souttar situation

His contract was coming to an end, he is looking for an improved deal.

( I am sure Hearts have been talking to him/agent since the beginning of this season, we offered him the best deal we could within the structure we now have laid down, it was not enough)

He owes us for sticking with him through his injuries

( Rubbish !!!, we have a duty of care as does any employer, even my own when I was off work for 6 months, he also got these injuries while representing our club)

He should never have gone to Rangers

( They had the best deal on offer, that probably suited him and his family)

Don't play him the rest of the season if he doesn't go in January for a fee

( If he is still here and performing -play him, he is part of a squad)

Finally, 

John I will be sorry to see you go, you have left us with memories, not least the most recent tackle against Griffiths in the Dundee game, and a beauty of a tackle against Hibs in a midweek game, I would love to see that again!!!, 

Thanks for being here, but I now of course reserve the right to give you dogs abuse when you wear a Rangers shirt.

onwards and upwards HHGH 

Stick by him through his injuries 🤔

He was under contract…..what else could or would we do ?

He signed an extension during one injury but that obviously suited us because it was long term deal and not a 6 month job to see how he got on. We knew he’d be back and be an asset.

And you forget all bar one of his injuries in that last 5 years were playing or training for us….the injury whilst playing for Scotland will have been compensated for by the SFA.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

He shouldn’t play another game for us. He doesn’t want to represent the club anymore and was quite happy to take action that prohibited us getting a half decent fee. 

Dump him in the reserves and make Taylor Moore our new RCB with Smith as back up. 

Hopefully his actions cost him Scotland call ups. Because if he’s not playing Clarke probably won’t be picking him. 

IIRC Moores grandad is Scottish so we should be saying to him this is your time to impress and try and get into the Scotland squad. 

Spot on 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ve had 2-3 different careers. 2 at mid to high management level in competitive industry sectors. If it became known that a key employee was speaking to a competitor they were moved to other duties. If it became known that you were actually leaving to join a competitor you were placed on gardening  leave immediately.

Same thing should be happening here. Suspended on full pay until he joins the competitor. Completely legal and common place

We have to provide him with training facilities. So we can’t suspend or banish him totally. He should be made to come in at a later time than the first team and train with the youths though. Zero game time apart from 2 mins in the cup. 

Just now, pablo said:

While that's true, in the football business I'd question if it applies to players.

It's not as if he's sitting in board meetings, or strategic planning sessions with Joe Savage.

If his attitude is right, there's no real risk involved with playing him. FWIW I'd personally have him nowhere the First team.

No it’s a different reason to put him on gardening leave compared to other industries but the overriding objective is to protect the business/club.

We can’t play him for 2 reasons.

1. No matter what anyone says about his commitment previously he is no longer committed to Hearts, in fact he is committed to a rival. He can’t be trusted.

2. The vast majority of fans are angry about this. Selecting him will encourage a noisy negativity in the stadium, probably everytime he touches the ball. This is as vital a half season as we’ve had for a very long time. The rewards for 3rd make such a difference to us. You MUST keep the fans fully on board. They vociferously don’t want him played IMO therefore you can’t play him or you’ll get a potentially damaging backlash

kingantti1874
37 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think I'm of a different political persuasion to yourself but I agree no place for Politics on the terrace. 

Hearts are a broad church and watching and supporting our beloved club should unite us and take our minds of the ills of the world for a time. 

Agreed entirely.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

He couldn’t lace my avatar’s left boot.

Indeed, probably not in the top ten I’ve seen in my lifetime either, will soon be forgotten, as a player anyway. 

Broxburn Jambo
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

He signed an extension during one injury but that obviously suited us because it was long term deal and not a 6 month job to see how he got on. We knew he’d be back and be an asset.

And you forget all bar one of his injuries in that last 5 years were playing or training for us….the injury whilst playing for Scotland will have been compensated for by the SFA.

That is what I said,  duty of care

There's too much chat of he owed us this, we done this etc. It doesn't matter a jot.

The Heart of Midlothian vice captain has snuk away and signed a pre contract at Rangers...possibly without informing the club.

That in itself, without all the add ons, makes him a dirty rat ***** who won't be welcome back at any point.

It's that simple for the fickle fan.

**** him.

3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

We have to provide him with training facilities. So we can’t suspend or banish him totally. He should be made to come in at a later time than the first team and train with the youths though. Zero game time apart from 2 mins in the cup. 

I don’t particularly want him training with the youths either. 

If we’re obligated to allow him use of facilities then fine. But if should be entirely solo. 

Maybe with a bit of luck he’ll rock up at Ibrox as fit as Vanecek was when he came here. 

Absolutely should not be anywhere near the first team though. 

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

There's too much chat of he owed us this, we done this etc. It doesn't matter a jot.

The Heart of Midlothian vice captain has snuk away and signed a pre contract at Rangers...possibly without informing the club.

That in itself, without all the add ons, makes him a dirty rat ***** who won't be welcome back at any point.

**** him.

Fair do's but IMO the Hearts statement basically says he did do this but also threatens to play him which Rangers will not want given his injury history. If this doesn't get resolved quickly the MSM will be mobilised to try to apply pressure to let him go for a pittance. I give it a week. One player does not make a team and I will support the team if the club chooses to play him because Rangers are too arrogant to part with cash to us...

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

**** him.

Exactly, would have been captain but for Gordon. Should be setting an example. It’s vile behaviour that is not befitting of a leader. Sneaky Snakey Sewer. 

Hopefully the club make a point of announcing Halkett, Smith or Kingsley as vice captain immediately. 

56 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That £3100 a week would be from the contract offered to him when he was recovering from injury and was a bit of a risk for Hearts at that time. 

Fairly sure the contract he declined this time around from Hearts would have been  much more than that. 

Close to double I believe. 

In days gone by, a club would offer money for a player, maybe turned down, club would offer more, accepted,

player moves to new club, what on earth is going on in this carry on, farce.

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

No it’s a different reason to put him on gardening leave compared to other industries but the overriding objective is to protect the business/club.

1. No matter what anyone says about his commitment previously he is no longer committed to Hearts, in fact he is committed to a rival. He can’t be trusted.

2. The vast majority of fans are angry about this. Selecting him will encourage a noisy negativity in the stadium, probably everytime he touches the ball. This is as vital a half season as we’ve had for a very long time. The rewards for 3rd make such a difference to us. You MUST keep the fans fully on board. They vociferously don’t want him played IMO therefore you can’t play him or you’ll get a potentially damaging backlash

Yep, probably need a poll on here just to understand what the views of the majority are rather than just the vocal ones on here. 

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Fair do's but IMO the Hearts statement basically says he did do this but also threatens to play him which Rangers will not want given his injury history. If this doesn't get resolved quickly the MSM will be mobilised to try to apply pressure to let him go for a pittance. I give it a week. One player does not make a team and I will support the team if the club chooses to play him because Rangers are too arrogant to part with cash to us...

He will go before the cup tie, almost guaranteed after a week of argy bargy. 

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Fine as long as you are happy for Hearts to act as a feeder club for Rankers. Which is exactly how the Huns view us.

A good example of 100% failing to understand what I asked.

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Devlin comes across as a top, top guy who loves the club. I can’t see him doing what Souttar has done in a month of Sundays. 

Which is not what I asked

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, probably need a poll on here just to understand what the views of the majority are rather than just the vocal ones on here. 

Good idea. Beyond my ability but good idea 

I really hope the club flat out refuses to deal with the huns and rejects any bid. The wee ***** deserves to rot in the reserves for 6 months for how he’s went about this. 

51 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Probably the same as they react to a loan signing from a bigger club. 

Realistically they will all be pals and will be happy for him. 

Which makes me wonder - does it help or hinder the rest of the team if fans boo Souttar?

Because, like all of us here, I want this team to succeed.  Hearts are bigger than one player.

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

not sure it'll help much. many folks will have pretty nuanced positions on this.  I feel pretty schizophrenic myself on this one; I totally understand the rational posts but at the same time I still want to see him hanging from a lamp post by the testes.

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Good idea. Beyond my ability but good idea 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And mine😩

I’ve done a poll a couple of times. What would the options be?

Never liked Tony Mowbray for obvious but I’d absolutely love it if they go up & he sitting on the bench at Ibrox! 1-0 & joint top now with Bournemouth 2 down! 

3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Neilson will find himself under pressure if he even thinks about playing the snake again. 

Nah. He’ll come under pressure to NOT play him. He’ll come under pressure if he plays him and we start leaking goals and losing games. He’ll come under pressure if he loses to AT.

11 hours ago, Smithee said:

Isn't that the most normal thing in the world when you feel scorned by a player?

Not for me it isn't, Smithee.

It's like saying you couldn't stand someone when they were alive, and then changing your tune when they die.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve done a poll a couple of times. What would the options be?

Should Souttar continue to play for Hearts. Simple Yes/No

Can't see Robbie playing him. He knows the score, he's likely to be as livid as we all are at how Souttar has went about this. Robbie is a passionate Hearts man evidenced by his constant trips to Hampden for a knuckle wrap, the talk in the statement is to drive up the fee. 

For a weegie (of sorts) he hates the OF. 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Should Souttar continue to play for Hearts. Simple Yes/No

It's a no from me. If there's a **** off ya ungrateful rat option I'll take that one as well.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, campbell said:

Never liked Tony Mowbray for obvious but I’d absolutely love it if they go up & he sitting on the bench at Ibrox! 1-0 & joint top now with Bournemouth 2 down! 

Good shout 

30 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Posting facts , particularly on this thread , is futile on here 

HeartsandonlyHearts

The family meeting with Newco officials before Hearts knew his plans is what annoys me the most. I’d like to see him dropped for the final games of the season if they don’t offer cash now. I don’t think Hearts will drop him though if it’s a pre contract. From a Hearts point of view he’s a good player and they’d be cutting their own nose off…..We’re trying to stay third for a pay day next season. We’re fickle, Hearts can’t be. I think we all get it. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Yup. I'd think so. Robbie won't play him. 

Just punt him for 300k. We can get a wage off our books and money to replace him. 

The only reason I’d want to see him in maroon again is so fans could boo him.

Or when he ends up at Arbroath 

It’s a tough one to take with this whole situation. Souttar always came across as a good guy and I find it hard to believe he has chosen to leave in the manner he is doing. He has obviously had his head filled with nonsense by his agent and others as well. Pretty poor stuff from him though and he is now not one hundred percent committed to us and therefore should not be given the honour of pulling our famous Maroon shirt on again. 

I don’t wish anything bad on the guy but I hope Rangers are an absolute failure in the future and if he’s part of that then so be it. 

One good thing is we have a very solid squad and a great defence just now. He’s a good player and was part of that defence. He’s certainly not a one man show back there and was very much just a part of that defence and can be replaced. One of the games he missed this season let Taylor Moore show us he can be every bit as good with his distribution and willingness to carry the ball from the back. With having this strong squad this isn’t as big an issue on the footballing side of things. 

I’m the same as all of the rest of you fellow Hearts supporters on here and would give every single thing I have to play even one single game for Hearts. That’s why we find it hard to understand what moves like this are about. There’s about 17000 of us at tynecastle every week and one missing isn’t going to make a difference I suppose. Let’s f’ing go and win this f’ing league and cup and rub those west coast clowns faces right in it. If we don’t do it this year then let’s f’ing do it next year!

Ive never got round to setting up my young daughters FOH account yet but today is the day. We lost one to the dark side yesterday so time to do something positive. 

See you all on Tuesday. Mon the JT’s 👍

35 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I would add that not playing him, might put pressure on Rangers to stump up now, they wont want a player that hasn't kicked a ball in anger in 7 months by the time the new season starts. If we play him, we just keep him nicely tuned up for the buns.

Naisys Tackle
15 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Which makes me wonder - does it help or hinder the rest of the team if fans boo Souttar?

Because, like all of us here, I want this team to succeed.  Hearts are bigger than one player.

We wouldn't have expected Killie, Falkirk or ICT to boo Blackie Barr and Mehdi- (all legends) when they signed PCA's with us.

This is different though because of the injury history and because I hate the old firm. I think he will initially be booed but will be well behind him and he plays at ER for example. 

lost in space

It depends.

Are we signing an other CB?

Is Souttar going to continue to be committed to us?

Will we have a better chance of retaining third?

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)