Jump to content

Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)


Smith's right boot
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Grim Reaper
3 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

Would be a real hoot if we have lined up a replacement for him who is a better player with a good club attitude.


Fingers crossed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Pasquale for King

    114

  • Smith's right boot

    93

  • GinRummy

    110

  • Factuer Moi

    87

1 hour ago, allystrachan said:

Let’s be honest, he’s going to win trophies at rangers, theres a high chance he will play in the champions league or at least europa league most years, he will have trebled or quadrupled his wages & doesn’t need to move house & uproot his family. And he will be a stick on for all international squads. Hard to blame him.
 

That’s where we’re at in Scottish football. We can say we’re a big club and can progress people careers but money talks. And why would you want to play in the English championship over European group stages. 
 

it’s a shit deal for us but we need to now thrash out a deal as best we can for the club. Playing him isn’t an option imo & paying his wages with him sitting at home is no good either. Get some money, get some additional instalments for when rangers win stuff & move on. It’s lose lose for us whatever we do.
 

I don’t wish him any injuries but certainly won’t wish him well either. 
 

HHGH!


If he’s going quadruple his wage then every cloud and all that, he must be on around 8k with us surely Rangers aren’t paying him 32k a week, if they are then Sevco Mk II is just around the corner. IMO doubling his wage is more likely which is still a truck load of cash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, jambogemz said:

Going back a while but both Darren Barr and Ian Black signed pre contracts with us under Csaba.

Good shout, I think we are at 4 now so not what I would term as “plenty”. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rangers will now sit until the last day of the window and test how much we want rid of him. They will offer pittance as they don't want or need him now and we will be stuck with a problem upsetting the squad.

Shite situation that shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Motherwell are in the same boat with Watt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stupid Sexy Flanders
47 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

This thread is all over the place……

 

We go from Souttar lacking ambition to he should have signed a new deal with us.

 

We then go from Souttar being good enough for an EPL big team to not being good enough for Hearts and easily replaceable.

 

Some then want him to have a career ending injury just because he’s chosen to sign for a different club.

 

It’s all pretty ****ed up imo.

 

 

 

 

It's almost like different people can have their own different opinions, rather than everyone just agreeing all the time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:


If he’s going quadruple his wage then every cloud and all that, he must be on around 8k with us surely Rangers aren’t paying him 32k a week, if they are then Sevco Mk II is just around the corner. IMO doubling his wage is more likely which is still a truck load of cash.

He’s on about 4K with us so might well be 20k with them, let’s hope so because he’s not worth it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jambo in iraq

I don't care if he grew up a Rangers fan, I don't care if they will be in Champions League, I don't care if he gets more money, I don't care if he gets more Scotland caps...I care about HEARTS only. Got no interest in trying to see it from both sides and all that WOKE shite.

 

He has had at a minimum 3 career threatening injuries, during that time Hearts (THAT HEARTS, US THE FANS WHO PAY FOR IT) stood by him and paid him for essentially no return on the park. He would have got his move to Rangers he so craved, if they wanted him they would have been able to pay what hearts wanted, that has never been issue in the past. The guy is a RAT, money chasing mercenary with no loyalty to those who nursed him back from the near end of his footballing career. I hope some huddy Auckinleck fan with Green allegiances goes right through him in the cup!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

It's a crap situation all round.

The most important thing this season is to get 3rd and I'd rather Souttar had just left out of contract end of the season.

Rangers aren't going to offer us any more than peanuts and even if they did offer over 500k it would come in 50 yearly instalments.

This is where I am at. Play him and get third and it's been a great season with hopefully the Cup as a bonus. He moves on and an opportunity for someone else to step up. Hearts are the constant and we will quickly move on. He has financial security which was clearly the most important factor to him so I don't grudge him that or pretty much care to be honest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:


I agree…..and it would have been an exemplary gesture to sign a new deal with certain clauses but then that may well have impacted on the money he was being offered.

 

Would you decide on a lower salary in your new job, just to compensate your old employer, because you’d been off sick for a year ?


Souttar may well still do us a turn…..I suspect he’ll push for a  on move now so we get a wedge when he could sit it out and trouser a bigger sign on fee in July. 


 

 

 


As I said I’m not blaming him for looking after himself and his family. I do understand the bitterness though. I don’t really doubt his commitment if he stayed to be honest But I hope he just goes and I’ll take whatever pittance we get just so we can move on.

Edited by Dazo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That was before pre contracts 


Wyness and Hartley were signed and paraded at Tynecastle at half-time towards the end of the season before they became our players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Rangers will now sit until the last day of the window and test how much we want rid of him. They will offer pittance as they don't want or need him now and we will be stuck with a problem upsetting the squad.

Shite situation that shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Motherwell are in the same boat with Watt.

I’m up for giving the club criticism when it deserves it but what else could we have done? Give an injury prone guy who’d never played 20 games on the trot a new deal a year ago, when he wasn’t fit? You can’t force players to sign contracts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
Just now, DH1986 said:


Wyness and Hartley were signed and paraded at Tynecastle at half-time towards the end of the season before they became our players.

Not on a Pre contract as they didn’t exist then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Multimillionaire Jamie Vardy? Easy to be loyal when you are getting large amounts of money thrown at you.

Could easily have trebled his money.

 

The point is not the money anyway but the attitude, it feels like he has really conned us, expects loyalty from the club but offers none in return !

 

(PS you don't sound like a Hearts supporter)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smith's right boot
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

 

Stoke or Blackburn put you in the shop window with the big boys, whereas nobody rates our league.

 

Nonsense folk scout our league all the time.

 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:


Football-wise it is though. 
 

He will still through 90% of his games and look like Franz Beckenbaur because of the players around him, and then get dumped when rangers can afford a more glamorous centre back. 
 

He clearly struggles with his weight and cruising games will not exactly motivate him to keep in top shape. 

 

Disagree- I'm never agreeing that Blackburn/ Stoke etc  are a bigger clubs and better football wise than the OF. I don't even think they are better football wise than Hearts.

 

Possibly, but I think he's a good player. Under rated imo- watch his stock rise now. He could be a younger Weir type for them.

 

Maybe, but he's came back from 3 very bad injuries and  imo he's very much motivated.

 

 

I hate Rangers, but given all his  possible options they are imo by far his best move.

If a Everton/ Southampton or  even Newcastle type were in for him then I'd say he was shitting the bed a bit and taking the easy option, but the fact is he's taken the best option, when balancing the financial and football aspects  from what he had... for himself.

 

He's done nothing for us tho , and unless he goes for over £500k with a sell on then he deserves all the shite he gets. If he goes for that or more I'll cut him some slack .

 

If he stays we should dump him and not play him apart from 2 mins in the cup game.

Edited by Smith's right boot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not on a Pre contract as they didn’t exist then. 


If we’ve signed and paraded Wyness and Hartley in April 2003 and they are still under contract with other teams I’m pretty sure that can be classed as a pre contract agreements.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tbh, it’s just different people having different opinions. Always going to split opinion something like this. Some fans happy to see it from souttars viewpoint where others are angry and bitter. I just want him gone for any pittance we can get. 

Personally I hold all of these opinions in one go.I see the situation from Souttars view.His current teamates will sympathise with him and I understand that football is a hard headed business and a player can go from hero to zero in quick time in the eyes of us fans.

None of that stops me from feeling let down and thinking that Souttar could have hedged his bets more in Hearts favour.

We are in hospitality on Tuesday and I was looking forward to the game.I cannot see how Souttar can play under the circumstances.Its a situation which will fester as long as he is with us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
Just now, DH1986 said:


If we’ve signed and paraded Wyness and Hartley in April 2003 and they are still under contract with other teams I’m pretty sure that can be classed as a pre contract agreements.

 

 

The term wasn’t coined until Webster, you couldn’t sign for anyone in your last year before him. You could say you were going to as a free agent.

The original post said we had signed plenty, that’s simply not the case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tokyo Drifter

Not at all bothered by him leaving from the football point of view but yet again we have failed to capitalise on a potentially valuable player by having him run down the clock on his contract and leave for nothing, essentially. We do it time and time again, while other clubs seem to be able to pull in six or seven figure sums for players they develop and nurture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:


If we’ve signed and paraded Wyness and Hartley in April 2003 and they are still under contract with other teams I’m pretty sure that can be classed as a pre contract agreements.

 

 

Did we not do the same with Stephane Adam? I seem to remember him being paraded at half time near end of 96/97 season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Section Q said:

I think Souttar will have a hand in this, and his preference, if he was to go to Rangers was to move in January. I think a fee may have already been agreed.

So the club are lying to us ? 

They have just issued a statement saying John Souttar remains a Hearts player UNTIL a suitable offer is accepted. 

If an offer had been agreed they would announce it surely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Rangers will now sit until the last day of the window and test how much we want rid of him. They will offer pittance as they don't want or need him now and we will be stuck with a problem upsetting the squad.

Shite situation that shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Motherwell are in the same boat with Watt.

Yeah it's shite, I think Alexander was saying that it shouldn't be allowed in the same league as it puts teams and players in a difficult situation, apparently this isn't allowed to happen in England if you are In the same league or something along those lines, the rule really does need to be looked at and changed if possible.

Edited by gregzy2k7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

chester copperpot

The simple fact is we stood by him not once, twice, but three times a ruptured achilles heel.

 

Would it have been too much to ask him to sign a new contract and let him go in the summer.

 

Zero loyalty, zero morals, I don't ever wish injury on a player but if he gets another one, which he will inevitably do cause he's made of glass then **** him.

 

Dirty turncoat ***** 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Not at all bothered by him leaving from the football point of view but yet again we have failed to capitalise on a potentially valuable player by having him run down the clock on his contract and leave for nothing, essentially. We do it time and time again, while other clubs seem to be able to pull in six or seven figure sums for players they develop and nurture.


We've just secured all our assets? This rat was offered a new deal but took the opportunity to use the pre-contract route to snake his way to Ibrox. The club have in the past been guilty of a few crazy contract situations but this is all on the rat souttar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, DH1986 said:


Wyness and Hartley were signed and paraded at Tynecastle at half-time towards the end of the season before they became our players.

While they were under contract to their current clubs ? 

I  really doubt that 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Yeah it's shite, I think Alexander was saying that it shouldn't be allowed in the same league as it puts teams and players in a difficult situation, apparently this isn't allowed to happen in England if you are In the same league or something along those lines, the rule really does need to be looked at and changed if possible.


Unfortunately like all things in Scottish football unless it has a detrimental effect on the OF the rule won’t change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Not at all bothered by him leaving from the football point of view but yet again we have failed to capitalise on a potentially valuable player by having him run down the clock on his contract and leave for nothing, essentially. We do it time and time again, while other clubs seem to be able to pull in six or seven figure sums for players they develop and nurture.

Amazing how you are trying to turn the blame on HMFC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gimme an H...
25 minutes ago, Rudy T said:


If he’s going quadruple his wage then every cloud and all that, he must be on around 8k with us surely Rangers aren’t paying him 32k a week, if they are then Sevco Mk II is just around the corner. IMO doubling his wage is more likely which is still a truck load of cash.


8k 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

The simple fact is we stood by him not once, twice, but three times a ruptured achilles heel.

 

Would it have been too much to ask him to sign a new contract and let him go in the summer.

 

Zero loyalty, zero morals, I don't ever wish injury on a player but if he gets another one, which he will inevitably do cause he's made of glass then **** him.

 

Dirty turncoat ***** 


It’s not even the loyalty aspect I really don’t expect any non Hearts supporting player to show loyalty but your spot on regarding his morals. We dragged his arse through serious injury, gave him a new contract and the opportunity to get back into the international scene and he shits all over us he’s an absolute oil tanker!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ex member of the SaS

Really disappointed. he could have signed a contract with a get out clause allowing us some return on our investment. To sign a pre contract and expect us to stand by him and play him is a bit much. We really MUST cup tie him whether he wants to play or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gutted! We move on, look for a better player!

I would of thought he would of  like to of helped the club get something for him but everyone to their own. 

I generally think he will regret it, will be on the bench like a lot of players that went over to the old firm. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gimme an H...
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:


No? What do you reckon he’s on? Or more to the point what did we offer him to stay?

Nah. He’ll be on or offered half that MAX. We’re nowhere near paying anyone £8k per week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Not at all bothered by him leaving from the football point of view but yet again we have failed to capitalise on a potentially valuable player by having him run down the clock on his contract and leave for nothing, essentially. We do it time and time again, while other clubs seem to be able to pull in six or seven figure sums for players they develop and nurture.

We shouldn’t have offered him a new contract last season as he was just back from injury. We did offer him a new contract this season which he rejected. I get it may have happened in the past but looking at the Souttar situation alone, other than offer a salary we weren’t prepared to pay, I’m not sure what we could have done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Agree with him. It is a bizarre situation and won’t be easy for the club or the player.

 

We’ve obviously benefited from it in the past but the English way of doing it makes more sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:


No? What do you reckon he’s on? Or more to the point what did we offer him to stay?

He's on £3,100 at hearts 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meh!
 

I used to get upset by this type of thing but I probably used up the last of my rage on Elvis. 
 

Players come, players go. 
 

I support Heart of Midlothian, not individual players. 
If the 11 guys representing us on the pitch give their best then I’ll give them my backing but I no longer have heroes to get upset about when they leave.
 

It’s  upsetting that Rangers have shat upon us yet again but, honestly, when has it been any different?
The only way it can ever change is by generating income through European group stages EVERY year.

 

It will be for the best, all round, to move JS on ASAP as I have trust in Savage & co to bring in an even better replacement. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We shouldn’t have offered him a new contract last season as he was just back from injury. We did offer him a new contract this season which he rejected. I get it may have happened in the past but looking at the Souttar situation alone, other than offer a salary we weren’t prepared to pay, I’m not sure what we could have done. 

Agreed, the same people would have been going mental if we offered him a contract when he was injured and ended up getting crocked.

 

It was a difficult situation and not many would have judged him coming back and playing at the level he did.

 

I think the thing that annoys me more than anything is the way he’s went around it. I think he could have handled the situation a lot better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Braminho said:

Someone needs to take care of rat boy in training today 🏥 

Maybe someone should come to your work and take care of you, no?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

Agreed, the same people would have been going mental if we offered him a contract when he was injured and ended up getting crocked.

 

It was a difficult situation and not many would have judged him coming back and playing at the level he did.

 

I think the thing that annoys me more than anything is the way he’s went around it. I think he could have handled the situation a lot better.

Agree. Club not to blame. 
 

Just another hun prick now. File under Morelos, McGregor etc etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, allystrachan said:

Let’s be honest, he’s going to win trophies at rangers, theres a high chance he will play in the champions league or at least europa league most years, he will have trebled or quadrupled his wages & doesn’t need to move house & uproot his family. And he will be a stick on for all international squads. Hard to blame him.
 

That’s where we’re at in Scottish football. We can say we’re a big club and can progress people careers but money talks. And why would you want to play in the English championship over European group stages. 
 

it’s a shit deal for us but we need to now thrash out a deal as best we can for the club. Playing him isn’t an option imo & paying his wages with him sitting at home is no good either. Get some money, get some additional instalments for when rangers win stuff & move on. It’s lose lose for us whatever we do.
 

I don’t wish him any injuries but certainly won’t wish him well either. 
 

HHGH!

 

Pfffft, come here with your common sense, objective, calm and measured response...

 

You will be hounded out!!!!!!

 

Spot on matey, nowt more needs to be said, well said 👌 the time people have on their hands to vent their spleen re an injury prone sicknote leaving us is astonishing!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Maybe someone should come to your work and take care of you, no?

What’s Braminho done to damage Hearts. 
 

Can’t remember anyone on here getting up in arms when folk were hoping Morelos or Scott Brown got injured. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We already have a replacement at the club in TM and i believe we have been looking at Centerhalfs for months since we knew he wouldn't be staying.

 

Robbie won't play him, he's not daft. We'll punt him this window when we have enough coverage CB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smith's right boot
2 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Maybe someone should come to your work and take care of you, no?

 

 

If he's signed a pre contract with another employer, was off sick for the best part of two years while his employer and mates seen him through it, then aye someone should. All that and he had the chance to help them out by getting a fee but then chose not to. 

 

If he's just a guy earning a average buck, then naw. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

I don't care if he grew up a Rangers fan, I don't care if they will be in Champions League, I don't care if he gets more money, I don't care if he gets more Scotland caps...I care about HEARTS only. Got no interest in trying to see it from both sides and all that WOKE shite.

 

He has had at a minimum 3 career threatening injuries, during that time Hearts (THAT HEARTS, US THE FANS WHO PAY FOR IT) stood by him and paid him for essentially no return on the park. He would have got his move to Rangers he so craved, if they wanted him they would have been able to pay what hearts wanted, that has never been issue in the past. The guy is a RAT, money chasing mercenary with no loyalty to those who nursed him back from the near end of his footballing career. I hope some huddy Auckinleck fan with Green allegiances goes right through him in the cup!


Absolutely this.

 

All those accepting of his rat behaviour in this. Football is and has always been different. People don’t have the same sort of loyalty to companies as they do to football clubs. Souttar has totally shafted us and I for one will not forgive / forget 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...