Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Let’s be honest, he’s going to win trophies at rangers, theres a high chance he will play in the champions league or at least europa league most years, he will have trebled or quadrupled his wages & doesn’t need to move house & uproot his family. And he will be a stick on for all international squads. Hard to blame him.

That’s where we’re at in Scottish football. We can say we’re a big club and can progress people careers but money talks. And why would you want to play in the English championship over European group stages. 

it’s a shit deal for us but we need to now thrash out a deal as best we can for the club. Playing him isn’t an option imo & paying his wages with him sitting at home is no good either. Get some money, get some additional instalments for when rangers win stuff & move on. It’s lose lose for us whatever we do.

I don’t wish him any injuries but certainly won’t wish him well either. 

HHGH!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Kidd’s Boots
5 hours ago, Section Q said:

Scenario......

Rangers request we don't cup tie him against Talbot.

We play him against Celtic.

Rangers pay £500k at the end of January.

As a Co-owner of this great club, I’d instruct our DoF to get this done…

Loan him to sevco for the rest of the season for a fee , he doesn’t play against us , his wages are paid by them and he’s away from the club asap

seems sensible to me

Edited by 1971fozzy

45 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Robbie has said he is a Hearts man in interviews - through his long association with the club (might have had oldco leanings as a kid though).

St Mirren as a kid I believe. I remember him in articles saying his dad was a die hard St Mirren fan who took him to games as a kid.

23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Football-wise it is though. 

He will still through 90% of his games and look like Franz Beckenbaur because of the players around him, and then get dumped when rangers can afford a more glamorous centre back. 

He clearly struggles with his weight and cruising games will not exactly motivate him to keep in top shape. 

Football wise 

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Everything that is wrong with Scottish football.

Game is crying out for some club to challenge the bigot brothers. Not going to happen if you lose your best assets to them.

It's a pointless exercise trying to win the league in Scotland and has been for the best part of 35 years. It will never be won by a team outside of those 2 again.

This. 

We are a well run club, fans throwing money at it, wealthy people on the board and doing everything we can to compete. 

Yet a club that everyone on here seems to think is on their knees can click their fingers and steal our top talent for feck all. 

Just pointless. 

It will be interesting to see if the JKB reaction is matched from the stands, because it'll be beautifully tasty if that's the case - I hope he gets it tight.

This is where players maybe don't realise,  that at fan owned clubs, it's the fans wages that are dropping into their bank every month through the good times and the bad - SO ****ING RESPECT THAT A LITTLE BIT MORE YA RAT.

It's a crap situation all round.

The most important thing this season is to get 3rd and I'd rather Souttar had just left out of contract end of the season.

Rangers aren't going to offer us any more than peanuts and even if they did offer over 500k it would come in 50 yearly instalments.

5 hours ago, OTT said:

They're not going to pay us £500k. If they go over £100k I'll genuinely be shocked. The PCA means they have no competition, they have their player either way, its just whether they want him now or in the summer. Considering they have plenty cover, I doubt they want him now enough to pay anything close to that. 

Besides, they have previous for paying £2.50 and a packet of snickers every full moon for the next 16 years. We'd not get that money all in one go anyway so I'd rather they kept their bigoted biscuit tin pennies and Souttar is handed over to them in 6 months completely unfit and lacking any degree of match sharpness. 

Hopefully James Anderson tells the club he will underwrite the fee we want.  That way we tell Rangers not pay up or he doesn’t play any football until he joins you.  That might focus minds in Govan and Hampden. 

Run him into the ground over the next few months and hand him over to rangers completely broken.  Be a shame if Devlin or someone went in too hard on him in training. 

10 minutes ago, Costanza said:

St Mirren as a kid I believe. I remember him in articles saying his dad was a die hard St Mirren fan who took him to games as a kid.

Yep St.Mirren and us are his clubs. Been with us boy and man. 

12 minutes ago, Costanza said:

He’s a paisley boy. Did play for rangers boys club 

Walter Bishop
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Name them!

Pressley, Hamill, Black,Halkett,Barr, off the top of my head. Was Hartley maybe a pre contract aswell? 

15 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

It will be interesting to see if the JKB reaction is matched from the stands, because it'll be beautifully tasty if that's the case - I hope he gets it tight.

This is where players maybe don't realise,  that at fan owned clubs, it's the fans wages that are dropping into their bank every month through the good times and the bad - SO ****ING RESPECT THAT A LITTLE BIT MORE YA RAT.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

bigsuperslim1874
8 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Yeah - think you are right. He is a Hearts man now though.

10 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Run him into the ground over the next few months and hand him over to rangers completely broken.  Be a shame if Devlin or someone went in too hard on him in training. 

Wonder how much it would cost us to bring Brellier out of retirement?

Joking aside, the fee must already be agreed, otherwise Souttar faces the prospect of Sevco refusing to meet our valuation (do they really need him now anyway???) and Robbie dumping him with the kids the minute we cement third place, with Souttar eventually joining Sevco at the end of the season while knowing full well that they didn't want him enough to pay the fee back in January. Not the ideal start to joining a new employer.

This thread is all over the place……

We go from Souttar lacking ambition to he should have signed a new deal with us.

We then go from Souttar being good enough for an EPL big team to not being good enough for Hearts and easily replaceable.

Some then want him to have a career ending injury just because he’s chosen to sign for a different club.

It’s all pretty ****ed up imo.

24 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

You’ve got to imagine it’ll be a worse reaction from the stands than on here, given that this place is inhabited by 40-70 year olds. The younger fans are often a bit more partisan. The caveat to that is, at a game the football takes over. We score after 5 minutes against St Johnstone and the focus would be completely off the fat wank. 

51 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We signed David Vaněček on a pre contract, did we not, and look at what shape he turned up in!

Am I the only one that thought Vanecek looked in good nick? 

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We go from Souttar lacking ambition to he should have signed a new deal with us.

We then go from Souttar being good enough for an EPL big team to not being good enough for Hearts and easily replaceable.

Some then want him to have a career ending injury just because he’s chosen to sign for a different club.

Tbh, it’s just different people having different opinions. Always going to split opinion something like this. Some fans happy to see it from souttars viewpoint where others are angry and bitter. I just want him gone for any pittance we can get. 

10 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

As previously stated, I am really not impressed by Souttar's decision to move to Ibrox. That said, some of the comments I have read on social media today have been way out of line. Wishing for the guy to suffer a career ending injury is, dare I say it, Hun like behaviour. That rubbish needs knocked on the head. It's embarrassing and totally uncalled for. I hope Souttar doesn't win a single medal as long as he pulls on a Sevco jersey but I certainly do not want to see the boy's career ended by a serious injury. Perhaps the people who are saying these things should take a look back at the career path of Dave McPherson and take a moment to reflect on the things they are saying. Just saying........

………….. and saying it well.

1 minute ago, ShedBoy said:

I stopped judging players physical condition too much after I bumped into ‘fat’ Nade in the club shop. Built like a heavyweight boxer despite a few pictures in the press making him look fat. 

5 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

The fact most folk bought into that bullshit is still a mystery to me. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tbh, it’s just different people having different opinions. Always going to split opinion something like this. Some fans happy to see it from souttars viewpoint where others are angry and bitter. I just want him gone for any pittance we can get. 

I have no doubt he’ll go soon enough……he has made the decision to look after No.1 and that’s what the vast majority of people do in life.

I really don’t know why folk think footballers should be different.

I suspect he spent a lot of time when on the sidelines thinking about his career and he will be well aware he is one more serious injury away from calling it quits.

Being bitter is just silly……let the guy get on with trying earn as much money as he can to look after himself and his family. I really pity those who’s mentality is to wish harm on a guy for deciding to progress his career elsewhere.

All whilst we are screaming for new signings……players who we want to leave other teams and progress their career with us.

If we sign the lad McGrath from St Mirren tomorrow on a pre contract we’d all be over the moon.

18 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Vanecek another in the long line of players not giving the chance to get upto speed with the scottish game..who knows how he would've turned out

25 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Imagine different people having different opinions on something :lol: 

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I have no doubt he’ll go soon enough……he has made the decision to look after No.1 and that’s what the vast majority of people do in life.

I suspect he spent a lot of time when on the sidelines thinking about his career and he will be well aware he is one more serious injury away from calling it quits.

Being bitter is just silly……let the guy get on with trying earn as much money as he can to look after himself and his family. I really pity those who’s mentality is to wish harm on a guy for deciding to progress his career elsewhere.

All whilst we are screaming for new signings……players who we want to leave other teams and progress their career with us.

If we sign the lad McGrath from St Mirren tomorrow on a pre contract we’d all be over the moon.

The whole episode has left a bad taste. There’s no football today either. When there’s more news or games, Souttar will stop being the big story. 

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I don’t disagree but would say we have paid him a lot of money while getting nothing in return. Nobody’s fault but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to get some of that money back in the form of a little loyalty. Sign a deal with an agreement of being sold for a fair fee, everybody wins. He is entitled to look after himself but this is slightly different after the injuries he’s had. 

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

£500,000 for Soutter seems paltry to me.  More inferior h1b5 players worth millions . . . .   allegedly!

that amount would be a great bit of business considering the situation we are in. I’d bite their hand off for that. 

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Stoke or Blackburn put you in the shop window with the big boys, whereas nobody rates our league.

Kieran Tierney, Stuart Armstrong, Virgil Van Dijk, Nathan Patterson, Viktor Wanyama off the top of my head in recent years alone.

I hate Rangers, but a move there is far more attractive, particularly for players based in Scotland, than going to pointless clubs in hovels like Blackburn or Stoke. Can only think of McGinn who has gone to a Championship club and has then become a regular in the Premier League, and that was via his club achieving promotion as opposed to a transfer.

Tired of listening to the posts telling us this is how life is and that's what anyone else would do, how do these prats know. Plenty of top players with loyalty to their clubs, Jamie Vardy tops the list. We have had an abundance of foreign players at Hearts who have become real Jambos and left with a life time affinity to the club. This mercenary should not even be allowed to train with the youth team as we don't want them tarnished with his attitude. I like the attitude to the club of the recent signings and may this be a permanent feature of all future signings.

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

that amount would be a great bit of business considering the situation we are in. I’d bite their hand off for that. 

Exactly what situation are we in?

Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

We have a player who is out of contract shortly and wants to play for and signed for a rival. If you don’t think that’s different from players on 2 or 3 year deals then much to say. 

2 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Were getting nowhere near that. It'll be        " undisclosed" but probably about 150k,plus we save 5 months salary. We bend over,take it dry and move on. I'm afraid to say.

Edited by TypoonJambo

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Everything that is wrong with Scottish football.

Game is crying out for some club to challenge the bigot brothers. Not going to happen if you lose your best assets to them.

It's a pointless exercise trying to win the league in Scotland and has been for the best part of 35 years. It will never be won by a team outside of those 2 again.

This post reflects how despondent I feel about the JS situation this morning, it casts my mind back to the Paul Ritchie situation where he dropped his pants as soon as the club that was Rangers winked their eye at him, it’s ingrained into players mentality that the pinnacle here is to play for one of the uglies because their father, mother(insert relative here) support them.

like Maroon Sailor’s post above, I too think it’s all that is wrong with Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

We have a player who is out of contract shortly and wants to play for and signed for a rival. If you don’t think that’s different from players on 2 or 3 year deals then much to say. 

I am saying that I think he is worth more than £500,000.   

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I am saying that I think he is worth more than £500,000.   

Currently that is debatable, we are over a barrel thanks to him. 

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Pressley, Hamill, Black,Halkett,Barr, off the top of my head. Was Hartley maybe a pre contract aswell? 

Black and Barr

and Halkett, pre contracts weren’t a thing until Webster. 
Who can forget Vanycek also. So we’ve not done that well then, four average players.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Just now, Dazo said:

Currently that is debatable, we are over a barrel thanks to him. 

Had he gone south, I think we'd have got a lot more.   Sadly looks not to be the case.  :(

8 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

Tired of listening to the posts telling us this is how life is and that's what anyone else would do, how do these prats know. Plenty of top players with loyalty to their clubs, Jamie Vardy tops the list. We have had an abundance of foreign players at Hearts who have become real Jambos and left with a life time affinity to the club. This mercenary should not even be allowed to train with the youth team as we don't want them tarnished with his attitude. I like the attitude to the club of the recent signings and may this be a permanent feature of all future signings.

Multimillionaire Jamie Vardy? Easy to be loyal when you are getting large amounts of money thrown at you.

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I don’t disagree but would say we have paid him a lot of money while getting nothing in return. Nobody’s fault but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to get some of that money back in the form of a little loyalty. Sign a deal with an agreement of being sold for a fair fee, everybody wins. He is entitled to look after himself but this is slightly different after the injuries he’s had. 

I agree…..and it would have been an exemplary gesture to sign a new deal with certain clauses but then that may well have impacted on the money he was being offered.

Would you decide on a lower salary in your new job, just to compensate your old employer, because you’d been off sick for a year ?

Souttar may well still do us a turn…..I suspect he’ll push for a  on move now so we get a wedge when he could sit it out and trouser a bigger sign on fee in July. 

The Grim Reaper
3 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

Would be a real hoot if we have lined up a replacement for him who is a better player with a good club attitude.

Fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, allystrachan said:

Let’s be honest, he’s going to win trophies at rangers, theres a high chance he will play in the champions league or at least europa league most years, he will have trebled or quadrupled his wages & doesn’t need to move house & uproot his family. And he will be a stick on for all international squads. Hard to blame him.

That’s where we’re at in Scottish football. We can say we’re a big club and can progress people careers but money talks. And why would you want to play in the English championship over European group stages. 

it’s a shit deal for us but we need to now thrash out a deal as best we can for the club. Playing him isn’t an option imo & paying his wages with him sitting at home is no good either. Get some money, get some additional instalments for when rangers win stuff & move on. It’s lose lose for us whatever we do.

I don’t wish him any injuries but certainly won’t wish him well either. 

HHGH!

If he’s going quadruple his wage then every cloud and all that, he must be on around 8k with us surely Rangers aren’t paying him 32k a week, if they are then Sevco Mk II is just around the corner. IMO doubling his wage is more likely which is still a truck load of cash.

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)