Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Play him. He's one of our best defenders. He won't put in a poor performance when he knows it could cost him a place in the national team. Steve Clarke wouldn't like that giving his 'fondness' of the rangers.

Plus, I'm sure Gio will tell them For the love of God don't injure Souttar

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Basically, if the PCA contains specific terms, wage and length then it's enforceable. If it's vague and doesn't contain specific terms then it isn't

I agree, just because it's not called a contract doesn't mean its not a contract if it contains the essential elements of a contract. (Offer, Unqualified Acceptance, Consideration, Intent to create Legal Relations etc) Wow, not needed that stuff since retirement.

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Plus, I'm sure Gio will tell them For the love of God don't injure Souttar

Not sure how I’d react to him getting injured v rangers. 

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Why are you making thing up. What are you?

25 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

See the bit where you say good. Hearts have been a big part of my life for 60 years and I can't remember a time when we have told them to stick it in such an out there way when it mattered. I get the feeling you wouldn't have pride in anything unless you got something out of it. You don't care about pride, I do.   

You seem to be off on one. However I will play 1 more round.

For starters- Pride - get that tae **** . Emotional shite.

I am happy , lets say I am proud ( since it is your thing tonight) of the club for not taking a shite fee, but the fact that we will play Souttar ( as he's a good player) and then watch him set sail into the sun for Ibrox for nothing is shite. That is nothing to be proud about. It's a bit shit- as I originally posted.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Drop him after ER for someone who’d rather play for the opposition 

Moore wasn't great on Tuesday and was poor in possession.  I'd play Souttar because he's a better player.

2 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Analogies that compare swapping players in a pub league to what is going on with this. Then there is comparing players out on lone playing for the team they are being loaned to with a player that has signed a PC for a very disliked rival then playing against that very disliked rival that he has the PC with, while everyone is watching.  As I said. WTF is going on in this place. 

Exactly. WTF are you talking about. 
How do you know how Souttar is feeling about things?  How do you know who he likes or dislikes?  If I was him I’d be busting a gut on Sunday to show them what a huge mistake they have made by not stumping up the extra couple of hundred thousand to sign me in January.  If he plays a stormer against them on Sunday they won’t cancel his contract. They can’t cancel it. Their fans will take his side against board/management. All the huns I have spoken to today said the same thing -  wish we had signed Souttar earlier in January. Would have won in Dingwall and maybe wouldn’t have lost last night. Whatever, they would still have been top of the league. 

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

not strictly true. it depends on  the wording of the PCA as they are not necessarily enforcable as they are a sort of agreeing to agree to sign. 

what i would say, what do you think rangers would do if souttar suffers another serious injury before the end of the season that will keep him out for more than a year? i dont think rangers would complete the deal and it might be down to souttar to try and force them to. the same could also happen but with the roles reversed if say tottenham etc came in for JS

Would imagine it’s covered in the pre-contract. Neither Rangers or his agent doing their jobs if it isn’t. 

37 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You seem to be off on one. However I will play 1 more round.

For starters- Pride - get that tae **** . Emotional shite.

I am happy , lets say I am proud ( since it is your thing tonight) of the club for not taking a shite fee, but the fact that we will play Souttar ( as he's a good player) and then watch him set sail into the sun for Ibrox for nothing is shite. That is nothing to be proud about. It's a bit shit- as I originally posted.

I am a Hearts supporter and yes, I am going off on one. At you, what ever you are.

Why are you here telling us we can't have pride in Heart of Midlothian FC standing up to bullies. Why. Are you a bully. Is that what is going on here? I can't think of any other reason. Spit it out.

You go after Hearts supporters all over the place on here for airing their grievances, and yet, here you are, telling everyone that they shouldn't have pride in what Heart of Midlothian FC did when standing up to bullies. You tell us it's emotional shite. Really? What are you? 

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Does the same go for Moore, Cochrane, Woodburn and Simms? We are not their permanent employers so why would they give 100%.  We are also getting to the point of the season where Woodburn and Cochrane don’t want to pick up any serious injuries otherwise they won’t get new contracts anywhere come summer. Lots of reasons to question commitment of players at this time of the season, that’s why I think he just picks the best players and trust them to give 100% until they prove otherwise. 

2 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Analogies that compare swapping players in a pub league to what is going on with this. Then there is comparing players out on lone playing for the team they are being loaned to with a player that has signed a PC for a very disliked rival then playing against that very disliked rival that he has the PC with, while everyone is watching.  As I said. WTF is going on in this place. 

47 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly. WTF are you talking about. 
How do you know how Souttar is feeling about things?  How do you know who he likes or dislikes?  If I was him I’d be busting a gut on Sunday to show them what a huge mistake they have made by not stumping up the extra couple of hundred thousand to sign me in January.  If he plays a stormer against them on Sunday they won’t cancel his contract. They can’t cancel it. Their fans will take his side against board/management. All the huns I have spoken to today said the same thing -  wish we had signed Souttar earlier in January. Would have won in Dingwall and maybe wouldn’t have lost last night. Whatever, they would still have been top of the league. 

Where, in any shape or form, did I say I knew what he was feeling about things. Why are you making things up. Do you do that all the time on here? Why are you lying about what I posted. 

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

59 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

I am a Hearts supporter and yes, I am going off on one. At you, what ever you are.

Why are you here telling us we can't have pride in Heart of Midlothian FC standing up to bullies. Why. Are you a bully. Is that what is going on here? I can't think of any other reason. Spit it out.

You go after Hearts supporters all over the place on here for airing their grievances, and yet, here you are, telling everyone that they shouldn't have pride in what Heart of Midlothian FC did when standing up to bullies. You tell us it's emotional shite. Really? What are you? 

:laugh2: bloody hell nibbles

He knows all eyes are on him

Away and home fans as well

Think he will do a job 

But if not it will be to his decrement 

Confident he will play to his ability's 

8 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Where, in any shape or form, did I say I knew what he was feeling about things. Why are you making things up. Do you do that all the time on here? Why are you lying about what I posted. 

Where have I made anything up? Given what’s happened he may currently dislike them as much as you and I?  I’m sure he is hacked off that they didn’t stump up an extra couple of hundred thousand to get him now. In your posts you questioned his integrity and professionalism so I just assumed you clearly knew how he was feeling. 🤔

36 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Souttar should be nowhere near the squad on Sunday. A distraction that's not needed

I’d think differently if Smith was available but 2 out 3 defenders being inexperienced is too much of a handicap going to Ibrox. 

He is the best centre half in the league. He’ll be desperate to impress on Sunday. He has a Rangers team to try get in to and Scotland games coming up soon. Has to play if fit - our best chance of a result.

Honestly for me he's shown his commitment in the St Johnstone game when emotions were at their highest. Our own fans were on his back most of the game & he still played his heart out for them. He also hasn't been all over the media or socials bigging up Rangers & trying to force an exit, he's ignored the noise, kept his head down & focused on making sure hearts do well which often isn't the case with players going to them. It's a gamble to play him for sure given the circumstances & if Smith's good to go I'd maybe start him at RCB, but if he plays I'm ok with it because I trust him enough to not simply down tools.

To not play him after turning down cash would smack of cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

If he's fit and playing well, he plays in our team. It's not even a debate. 

19 hours ago, Rods said:

Hibs, Dundee U, Motherwell, St Mirren, Livi, Dundee where before he said that he does not have a future with Hearts. If 

Your advocating here is saying to Taylor Moore( he wont be ahead of Sibbick and Kingsley) Do you want to sign for us but your dropped for a player who has no interest in Hearts future. In fact its in his own interest to see us play badly. 

If injuries happen then play him. We should not be sacrificing opportunities for our back three to gel for John Souttar. 

Fair enough, but that's not the original point you made.

I honestly believe when JS gets on the pitch on Sunday all thoughts of the off field issues will disappear. 

He will just want to get on with the game and help the team he is 'currently' playing for. 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

If John Souttar is fit he will play on Sunday. He is a Hearts player.

As simple as that.

You would hope so 👍

MR INCREDIBLE

I can see him defending well but I can’t see him attacking a ball from a corner to score for us.

So basically he can look as if he trying 100% but he isn’t really.

Hope anyone can understand that waffle.

highlandjambo3
18 hours ago, billybalfour said:

I hope Robbie isn't foolish enough to play him.There is a clear conflict of interest for Souttar and us.

We have all changed jobs at some point and once you aren't committed to a job your heart goes out of it. 

Your boss knows it and you know it.

Clear?….Souter has remained absolutely professional throughout this whole episode and I firmly believe he will continue to do so both on and off the pitch.  If I was JS I’d be absolutely gagging to get on the pitch on Sunday.

16 hours ago, RENE said:

He signed a PRE-contract agreeing to sign a contract at the end of the season.  Wonder how much it would cost him to pull out of it.

It is one contract, a pre contract is just one that is dated to start in the future. Every contract is renegotiable if both parties agree.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

If John Souttar is fit he will play on Sunday. He is a Hearts player.

As simple as that.

This guy gets it.

33 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Imagine the rage from the rangers supporters if he scores last minute winner?

Yes, at their own club.

HeartsandonlyHearts

Let’s hope a Newco player doesn’t sneak in at the back post and Souttar gets down on his haunches before Newco player has actually touched the ball… because that would just look weird.

HeartsandonlyHearts
21 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Yes, at their own club.

This. One day he’ll be a Newco player. Just not Sunday. 

When Scott Brown signed for Celtic he played for Hibs against Celtic in his last game. A mate of mine was at the game and said Brown was outstanding and also scored in that game. The thing is like Souttar he had something to prove to both clubs. Souttar wants us to know he will still give his all for the club but he also wants to show Rangers and their scummy fans they are signing a decent player.

Personally when Halkett is back I would drop Souttar only because we have a new defence that needs to gel with Sibbick coming in so we should be doing it when the team has little pressure, all fitand 3rd at least is sewn up, I also wonder if Souttar will pull back a little towards the end of the season when he hopes to go into a pre season with his new club injury free.

Of course he should play on Sunday (assuming that he is fit). Unless/until there is a reason to not pick him he should be in our side as he's our best defender. 

John Souttar turned down the chance to move in the window, he felt that the amount offered was way off mark. Another interesting development, now he has that point to prove . to everyone watching.

Edited by Factuer Moi

Guest ToqueJambo
On 03/02/2022 at 11:10, niblick1874 said:

That there is an analogy and a half. I never thought of it that way. Tell us more. I, if not others, want to know more of your astute insight where this matter is concerned.

its not an analogy. Have you never played football? You want to win and play well, so as not to let down yourself, your team mates and anyone else watching. The level means nothing. 

If anything Souttar will want to have a stormer to show rangers what they missed out on and to make his future team mates look forward to his arrival. 

Noone will respect him if he plays shit on purpose. Its a laughable idea. 

One worry is he could be distracted but the guy has proven hes very focused and his team mates at hearts have talked about that.

Surely most of us have been involved in games or even just training games where best mates on opposite sides come to blows over something because they desperately want to win? Souttar will want to win and play well if he plays.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, jackal said:

When Scott Brown signed for Celtic he played for Hibs against Celtic in his last game. A mate of mine was at the game and said Brown was outstanding and also scored in that game. The thing is like Souttar he had something to prove to both clubs. Souttar wants us to know he will still give his all for the club but he also wants to show Rangers and their scummy fans they are signing a decent player.

Personally when Halkett is back I would drop Souttar only because we have a new defence that needs to gel with Sibbick coming in so we should be doing it when the team has little pressure, all fitand 3rd at least is sewn up, I also wonder if Souttar will pull back a little towards the end of the season when he hopes to go into a pre season with his new club injury free.

Great point about Brown. Folk have to realise that other pros will be watching Souttar. No-one wants to play with someone who lets down their team-mates, as some seem to be suggesting Souttar might do. And how would he face his mates in the dressing room at Hearts?

Noticed Neilson wasn’t quizzed about Souttar,s absence yesterday. Initially it was a minor injury where he was likely to miss one game. If he returns on Wednesday it would suggest he could have at least been on the bench yesterday. Hope it is not a case of picking and choosing games. Presumably the injury is worse than first thought. If not at least be up front about the situation.

Maroon Sailor

Can see Souttar being lightly raced for the rest of the season and wrapped up in cotton wool.

Anybody who doesn't think his future employers are having an input as to his selection I can only assume trust the powers that be at Rangers.

SectionDJambo
14 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Can see Souttar being lightly raced for the rest of the season and wrapped up in cotton wool.

Anybody who doesn't think his future employers are having an input as to his selection I can only assume trust the powers that be at Rangers.

There is no way that Hearts wouldn't play John Souttar, at any time, until the end of the season, at Rangers' request. He is our player and could be the difference in qualifying for Europe and earning decent financial reward as a consequence.

Whether you think that John himself would say he can't play, when he could, would come down to your own suspicions. Personally, I think he took a really sore one against Motherwell, which has caused concern for a previous ankle injury, for which he had screws inserted. Robbie Neilson said as much last week.

We have a more winnable game coming on Wednesday and then a very important cup tie, which won't be easy. I'd rather be sure he's fit for those games, and ongoing.

Typical Hearts, we turn down £300k and his legs fall off.

At least him and Halliday would have enjoyed yesterday.

30 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I trust the powers that be at Hearts, and there's no way they'd buckle under that sort of pressure from Rangers imo. 

41 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Noticed Neilson wasn’t quizzed about Souttar,s absence yesterday. Initially it was a minor injury where he was likely to miss one game. If he returns on Wednesday it would suggest he could have at least been on the bench yesterday. Hope it is not a case of picking and choosing games. Presumably the injury is worse than first thought. If not at least be up front about the situation.

Being able to play on Wednesday doesn't suggest he could have been on the bench yesterday ffs.

9 minutes ago, dumpson said:

Typical Hearts, we turn down £300k and his legs fall off.

At least him and Halliday would have enjoyed yesterday.

Along with Moore and McCulloch

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I trust the powers that be at Hearts, and there's no way they'd buckle under that sort of pressure from Rangers imo. 

Auchinleck cup match ?