Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, lou said:

I didn't think that would ever be the case but wouldn't surprise me if it's a case of Soutters head not being in the right place

That’s a fair point. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Obviously I’ll get the usual nonsense directed at me for my comments .

But as a supporter of the Champions , do you really believe that.

The board of directors  at HMFC would entertain any outside input from any club on selection

of any member of the playing staff.

I think if anyone believes that then they are being disrespectful  to the directors /management & players of HMFC.

Maroon Sailor
24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I think this entire saga is starting to have a detrimental effect on the team.  The sooner he ****s off the better.

What we've got is a player who would rather play for Rangers.

I'm not knocking him for that - just wish this was all kept quiet until the season was over rather than listen to the crap we've been fed.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Six and a half years at the club and will never play 20 games on the trot for us, really can’t see him being able to physically stand up to playing the amount of high pressure games they play. 

What's your point here? Rangers are signing a very good player for what is by their standards a modest financial outlay. Consider John Brown. Hearts had agreed to sign him from Dundee but withdrew from the deal following concerns raised by a medical opinion regarding his long-standing knee problems. The transfer fee was for Hearts very considerable - three or four hundred thousand as I recall. Rangers subsequently bought him because the cost made him a reasonable punt for them. It proved to be a very good decision. Although I consider the player would have made a significant contribution at Tynecastle I would not fault Wallace Mercer's decision not to take the risk - and one would not describe the Great Waldo as risk-averse! 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

What's your point here? Rangers are signing a very good player for what is by their standards a modest financial outlay. Consider John Brown. Hearts had agreed to sign him from Dundee but withdrew from the deal following concerns raised by a medical opinion regarding his long-standing knee problems. The transfer fee was for Hearts very considerable - three or four hundred thousand as I recall. Rangers subsequently bought him because the cost made him a reasonable punt for them. It proved to be a very good decision. Although I consider the player would have made a significant contribution at Tynecastle I would not fault Wallace Mercer's decision not to take the risk - and one would not describe the Great Waldo as risk-averse! 

I don’t think I could’ve been any clearer, he’s not physically capable of playing 20 games for us then he’s not going to be able to do it where you have to win every week, play full throttle for 90 minutes and play against top European teams. It should be a laugh watching him play in the CL though. 
All in a back four where he will need to be in more also. 
As for Brown that was a mistake that came back to haunt us every time we played them, not sure if he lost once. It’s an unfair comparison though as Brown was fit to play more often that Souttar has. 
He will fail miserably there and leave on loan in the summer of 2023 if not sooner. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

The Treasurer
40 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I think this entire saga is starting to have a detrimental effect on the team.  The sooner he ****s off the better.

That's not happening until June, so looks like we are "stuck" with one of the best defenders in the country for the rest of the season 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think I could’ve been any clearer, he’s not physically capable of playing 20 games for us then he’s not going to be able to do it where you have to win every week, play full throttle for 90 minutes and play against top European teams. It should be a laugh watching him play in the CL though. 
All in a back four where he will need to be in more also. 
As for Brown that was a mistake that came back to haunt us every time we played them, not sure if he lost once. It’s an unfair comparison though as Brown was fit to play more often that Souttar has. 
He will fail miserably there and leave on loan in the summer of 2023 if not sooner. 

You don't lack a certain unsmiling clarity - merely a near pathological inability to distinguish between fact and hypothesis.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Be a sore one for Rangers if he leaves for he haw

FTOF

That's what is expected hence the reason they secured Souter for next season .

13 minutes ago, Largo said:

That's what is expected hence the reason they secured Souter for next season .

Indeed, which is why if they manage to keep him it makes Souttar's situation, well, interesting at least.

12 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Indeed, which is why if they manage to keep him it makes Souttar's situation, well, interesting at least.

Maybe they'll deploy him in the canteen as a barista? 

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

If Souttar can't get in the team, he'll ask for a transfer and The Rangers will sell for a fee, having put hee haw into his development 🤮

8 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

If Souttar can't get in the team, he'll ask for a transfer and The Rangers will sell for a fee, having put hee haw into his development 🤮

I reckon he'll be back, he'll do a McPherson

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I reckon he'll be back, he'll do a McPherson

Wouldn't say no. But it's a very different World from Dave McPherson's days. The Huns will pay him 5 or 6 times what we can so unfortunately an English Championship side is more likely in that circumstance.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jonesy said:

Only game Souttar has played and we've won since he signed the Rangers contract was v St Johnstone at home, no?

We booed him throughout.

As a superstitious kinda guy, I suggest we rekindle the Souttar boo on Saturday at the St Liedown Stadium.

Motherwell though admittedly he didn't last the full 90

Making him captain last Saturday was absolutely bewildering. I just can’t understand what the logic was behind it. Also what sort of message does it send to the other experienced pros like Kingsley and Haring, that someone in Souttars situation is fancied as captain over them 

On 07/02/2022 at 15:02, i8hibsh said:

I’ve been avoiding this thread for weeks but thought I would peruse the last page. 
Although a couple of weeks old i8 may actually have been on to something. 
On recent form Soutter has been one of the least worst performers but does such a big character on and off the pitch wanting to leave mid season have an effect on the rest of the team?

2 hours ago, Jarhead said:

I’ve been avoiding this thread for weeks but thought I would peruse the last page. 
Although a couple of weeks old i8 may actually have been on to something. 
On recent form Soutter has been one of the least worst performers but does such a big character on and off the pitch wanting to leave mid season have an effect on the rest of the team?

I believe the answer is "Yes!"

8 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Making him captain last Saturday was absolutely bewildering. I just can’t understand what the logic was behind it. Also what sort of message does it send to the other experienced pros like Kingsley and Haring, that someone in Souttars situation is fancied as captain over them 

I got the impression that he is widely respected by his team-mates, Craig Gordon especially.

So I'm not bewildered.

Though if Halkett had been fit, perhaps it would have been him?

29 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I got the impression that he is widely respected by his team-mates, Craig Gordon especially.

So I'm not bewildered.

Though if Halkett had been fit, perhaps it would have been him?

Halkett, Smith, or Boyce would have been my other candidates but they were all out.

9 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Completely agree. Sends an absolutely horrendous message. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Completely agree. Sends an absolutely horrendous message. 

Message to who? What's the point of having a vice-captain if he can't deputise as captain? They're all mates in that dressing room. Seems like stripping him of the VC and giving it to one of his mates would be unnecessarily disruptive and counter-productive if it pisses of both Souttar and other players.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Message to who? What's the point of having a vice-captain if he can't deputise as captain? They're all mates in that dressing room. Seems like stripping him of the VC and giving it to one of his mates would be unnecessarily disruptive and counter-productive if it pisses of both Souttar and other players.

Getting to lead out your team is an honour and I don't think that should be bestowed on someone who has no interest in being here. 

Should have been given to either Haring or Kingsley. 

Considering we lost the game I can't see how it could be much more counter productive. That was as limp dicked a performance as I've seen which about sums up how piss weak it was to give Souttar the armband. Also worth considering Haring is no doubt wondering about his place in the team. Giving him captaincy for the game might have helped tip the scales our way on contract negotiations in saying that he's wanted here. Might even have got him to up his game that extra little bit- No one wants to lose their first game as captain. 

IMO Souttar should have lost vice captaincy the minute he signed the precontract.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Getting to lead out your team is an honour and I don't think that should be bestowed on someone who has no interest in being here. 

Considering we lost the game I can't see how it could be much more counter productive. That was as limp dicked a performance as I've seen which about sums up how piss weak it was to give Souttar the armband. Also worth considering Haring is no doubt wondering about his place in the team. Giving him captaincy for the game might have helped tip the scales our way on contract negotiations in saying that he's wanted here. Might even have got him to up his game that extra little bit- No one wants to lose their first game as captain. 

IMO Souttar should have lost vice captaincy the minute he signed the precontract.

Fair enough, but he is vice captain. I'm guessing Gordon being out happened suddenly when minds were focused on the game. We want to get the best out of Souttar while he's here. Not sure how stripping him of the VC would make that any more likely, especially as by all counts he's extremely popular and respected in the dressing room which is what counts.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 hours ago, OTT said:

This is my view also mate , 100% agree with all that you have said.

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Do people really think any of this affects JS's teammates ?

Playground piffle

lost in space
12 hours ago, john thomas said:

Playground piffle

No, but it does affect many fans so if the club had more sense they would have avoided the situation.

It's not as though Souttar is a leader on the park. Mind you, no-one else is either with exception of maybe Halliday.

16 hours ago, OTT said:

He's interested in being here. He's shown that by probably being MOTM most games since singing the pre contract.

There's an end date on his interest, but it's still there.

He's the vice captain this season so you should probably accept that.

12 hours ago, john thomas said:

Playground piffle

Footballers are nothing like fans

99% of his teammates will be delighted for JS for getting a big move 

every single one of them would have done exactly the same given half a chance 

anyone denying that fact is deluded 

5 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Footballers are nothing like fans

99% of his teammates will be delighted for JS for getting a big move 

every single one of them would have done exactly the same given half a chance 

anyone denying that fact is deluded 

Indeed . Many on here seem to have recently come out of a coma and found a thing called football

2 hours ago, john thomas said:

Indeed . Many on here seem to have recently come out of a coma and found a thing called football

Or believe that footballers should become as emotionally loyal to Hearts as the fans the moment they put on the top.

I would add stripping Souttar of the vice captain role would have a far worse effect on dressing room morale than his impending move to Ibrox would have, modern day footballers play for themselves there teammates and then the club, in that order 

On 24/02/2022 at 20:19, OTT said:

....... who also doesn't seem to want to be here beyond the summer. :berra:    Strange comment

47 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Think we are going to miss Souttar next season. Need to pull a gem out the bag or hope that Sibbick comes good.

We will!  

He was outstanding today!

4 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

....... who also doesn't seem to want to be here beyond the summer. :berra:    Strange comment

Haring hasn’t signed a precontract and a deal is still there to be done. If we want to keep him that would have been a nice carrot to emphasise that. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Haring hasn’t signed a precontract and a deal is still there to be done. If we want to keep him that would have been a nice carrot to emphasise that. 

We don't know whether or not Haring has signed a precontract, as not every club or player that signs a pre parades it around like the Snake Mountain lot did. When Halkett signed one for us it didn't come out in the news until late March.

55 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

We don't know whether or not Haring has signed a precontract, as not every club or player that signs a pre parades it around like the Snake Mountain lot did. When Halkett signed one for us it didn't come out in the news until late March.

Yeah I think out of respect for Livi's season, it was held off until after they'd secured premiership status.

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Heard a rumour that Souttars medical has not gone to plan. Came from a Celtic fan so may be rubbish. Just wondered if anyone else had heard anything?

Sounds like shite.

18 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Heard a rumour that Souttars medical has not gone to plan. Came from a Celtic fan so may be rubbish. Just wondered if anyone else had heard anything?

Why would he get a medical now and not at the time of then offering him a contract or when he's going to sign?

On 26/02/2022 at 16:31, jambo89 said:

Think we are going to miss Souttar next season. Need to pull a gem out the bag or hope that Sibbick comes good.

KTF. I really believe Savage has given the funk him and funk his future employers we have John Doe lined up 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻👏🏻.    🤞🏻

42 minutes ago, bigdav said:

He had, and passed his medical weeks ago, and before he signed. 

Still angry about what happened, but the lad is class. :sadrobbo: Tho Halkett allows him to strut his stuff.