Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

4 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

I really hope soapys fit for the game,I know he will give us 💯.

Do you? Knowing he’s going there in a couple of months you think he wants them to lose the league to Celtic and will be giving everything to beat them?

If he ****s up and they score how does that look?

Wouldnt have him anywhere near the team meself.

it’s a hard enough place to try to get something without the distraction of having a contracted Rangers player in your team

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

8 hours ago, al_hearts65 said:

Rangers will be wishing they'd signed him now.  Their defence is shocking.  

We need to attack them from the start on Sunday.

I think we should sit off them until they tire and try to get something after we’ve lost a couple of goals cos that plan hasn’t worked.

They won’t be expecting that

I would find it very amusing if he scored against his future employers.

Would be funny on two levels 

1. to see how he would react and 2. To see how the bun fan base would react lol  😂  probably unlikely tbf, if he even plays?

37 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I would find it very amusing if he scored against his future employers.

Would be funny on two levels 

1. to see how he would react and 2. To see how the bun fan base would react lol  😂  probably unlikely tbf, if he even plays?

I'm sure Jordan Jones scored against them when had signed a pre-contract. He has to play though, we pay his wages and if fit I think Robbie will play him. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I'm sure Jordan Jones scored against them when had signed a pre-contract. He has to play though, we pay his wages and if fit I think Robbie will play him. 

yep.  John Souttar will not want to go there and play shit..

if he gets ripped to bits then his new fans will be saying he isn’t good enough..

it’s awkward for him, but that’s his problem in all

honesty

Jambo_jim2001
3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Do you? Knowing he’s going there in a couple of months you think he wants them to lose the league to Celtic and will be giving everything to beat them?

it’s a hard enough place to try to get something without the distraction of having a contracted Rangers player in your team

Oh ye of little faith😳see your point though 😉

jack D and coke

Can’t help feeling it’s not going to go well for Souttar at the huns. They’ve completely  soured his final few months at Hearts which shouldn’t have happened but just due to this indifference and unwillingness to pay even what I’d regard as a token fee for him it’s got me feeling like they purely see him as a back up and not someone they think will drive the club on. It’s just got an off feeling about it now. They’ve decided to throw bombs at a crock like Ramsay which surely must have him having some doubts in his head just how much they actually want him. 
I think he’s made a mistake going there tbh but we’ll see. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Absolutely bizarre recruitment by the Huns during January. An expensive loanee from Man U who got hooked at half time, a marquee loan signing from a guy who will use the next few months to get properly fit. And zero steps taken to strengthen their leaky defence.

Unless Selleck shoot themselves in the foot the title is theirs. 

4 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

If we don’t play him again this season how stupid does that makes us look?  We knock back say £400k and then leave him in the stand for the rest of the season? That’s a £500k giveaway. £500k that will pay for two top quality players for next season.  Good job we are only fan-owned and not fan-run. 

9 hours ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

I wouldn’t have wanted Mussolini as a right winger in a Hearts jersey 

Imagine Swinney and Blackford as our centre backs 🤣

1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Absolutely bizarre recruitment by the Huns during January. An expensive loanee from Man U who got hooked at half time, a marquee loan signing from a guy who will use the next few months to get properly fit. And zero steps taken to strengthen their leaky defence.

...what? Not the next 'Messi', surely?... gotta love the Daily Ranker drama queens! :rofl:

Personally, I'm not so sure JS was a GVB signing... it was either Gerrard (which means he was tapped up earlier than January) or just done to disrupt or weaken us. Either way, they're looking pretty ridiculous this morning. Hope we tan them with or without JS on Sunday.. we've played 2 and a half games without him and yet to concede a goal.

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

Imagine Swinney and Blackford as our centre backs 🤣

Swinney would hide if any player came near him and Blackford would be given a red for slagging off the ref right in front of his face.

I can forgive Ramsey for maybe missing the OF game due to when he signed etc but to not be fit (without injury) in January is laughable. 

If he doesn't play against us and perhaps their next opponent it'll look more and more like the vanity signing we suspected.

Souttar will start v Sevco. We’re missing Halkett and Smith already. Souttar is better than Moore, so he will play. I don’t believe Neilson will leave him out if he is fit.

12 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Souttar will start v Sevco. We’re missing Halkett and Smith already. Souttar is better than Moore, so he will play. I don’t believe Neilson will leave him out if he is fit.

I agree with this.

Souttar is better than Moore and with Halkett out, Souttar has to play if fit.

Kidd’s Boots
17 minutes ago, Rods said:

Two clean sheets without Souttar. 

Should he come back in automatically. I think not.

Agreed, considering the combined match time of Moore and Sibbick I’m happy to see him taking as much time as required to recover fully for the foreseeable. A bigger decision will come when Halkett, the guy who is committed to Hearts, is fit. Need to look to the future of our defence not the past. 

MR INCREDIBLE
24 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I don’t think we need him as Sevco don’t play with a big target man but they have quick forwards and Souttar is probably our slowest CB.

kingantti1874
Just now, MR INCREDIBLE said:

I don’t think we need him as Sevco don’t play with a big target man but they have quick forwards and Souttar is probably our slowest CB.

I don’t agree with that at all.  He isn’t slow

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Also no consistency, very random. 

Like thee is no plan. 

4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

If we don’t play him again this season how stupid does that makes us look?  We knock back say £400k and then leave him in the stand for the rest of the season? That’s a £500k giveaway. £500k that will pay for two top quality players for next season.  Good job we are only fan-owned and not fan-run. 

I wouldn’t play him against Rangers.

Didn’t say a word about the rest of the season. Feel free to blurt though

12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I wouldn’t play him against Rangers.

Didn’t say a word about the rest of the season. Feel free to blurt though

So we don’t play our best outfield player in any of the potentially three remaining games against them?  Talk about self-harming?? 

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

With Halkett out I’d play Soutter.. when Halkett comes back.. 

Sibbick, Halkett, Kingsley is the defence.. Souttar on bench 

Souttar, Halkett, Sibbick

Kingsley left back

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Souttar, Halkett, Sibbick

Kingsley left back

we don’t play with a left back. Kingsley has played left CB all season 

Edited by kingantti1874

4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Just now, soonbe110 said:

So we don’t play our best outfield player in any of the potentially three remaining games against them?  Talk about self-harming?? 

tools-building-repair-big-shovel-600w-12

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we don’t play with a left back. Kingsley has played leg CB all season 

Okay then whatever its called. 

Cochrane, Kingsley and Halliday play left side of back 3. Kingsley is the best option. 

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He’s, essentially their player and won’t be here next year. The player he’ll be replacing will be. How’s that for self harming?

in my opinion he should not play against the team he’ll be playing for next season

39 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He’s, essentially their player and won’t be here next year. The player he’ll be replacing will be. How’s that for self harming?

in my opinion he should not play against the team he’ll be playing for next season

The player he'll be replacing is Taylor Moore  who will go back to Bristol City in the summer. How's that self-harming?

Souttar is better than Moore, I think we can all agree on that and therefore I'd play Souttar if he's fit.

1 hour ago, Rods said:

This is where I’m at

1 hour ago, Rods said:

What about the games he started v Hibs, Dundee U, Motherwell, St Mirren, Livi, Dundee & St Johnsone and we got a clean sheet? 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Okay then whatever its called. 

Cochrane, Kingsley and Halliday play left side of back 3. Kingsley is the best option. 

i agree. But I don’t think I’d be starting Souttar over players who have commited to the club long term unless we have to.. not debating he’d get in all things being equal

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

i agree. But I don’t think I’d be starting Souttar over players who have commited to the club long term unless we have to.. not debating he’d get in all things being equal

He will play if fit. 

If he doesn’t then what would be the point of turning down a six figure sum?

kingantti1874
Just now, Rudolf said:

He will play if fit. 

I agree he will play, especially with Halkett injured.  But I think we decided to set a precedent for future as much as anything.  

we will not be bullied out of players

18 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

He will play if fit. 

You post that he will play if fit as a fact and then say "if he doesn't then what will be the point of turning down a six figure sum. What was the point in the first line? Should the first line not read, if fit I think he should play? 

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

But you’d play Moore, who isn’t committed to the club or as good, ahead of Souttar?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

we don’t play with a left back. Kingsley has played left CB all season 

Apart from playing LB in a back four the last three times we’ve played the uglies. 

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The defence looked a bit ropey on Tuesday. He plays on Sunday for me.

Yeah, but they improved. 

They'd only all just met so will get better as they play with each other. 

33 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So no Moore or Cochrane in defence either? 

Dagger Is Back

Souttar is still our player and has displayed a very professional on field attitude in the games he's played since signing the PCA. I'm confident his head will 100% be where it should be and if he's fit, for me he plays. Best defender in Scotland.

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah, but they improved. 

They'd only all just met so will get better as they play with each other. 

I agree. If possible I’d rather let them improve against Dundee then Livingston than rangers at Ibrox but do appreciate some folk might not agree. If he’s fit I’d feel happier with Souttar playing than not on Sunday. 

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So no Moore or Cochrane in defence either? 

It's not that Souttar hasn't committed to us next season (like Cochrane & Moore), it's more that he has 100% committed to another team (Sunday's opponents). I actually think Cochrane and Moore would like to stay, but it may not be up to them.

FWIW though, I'd play Souttar against Rangers.