Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Auchinleck cup match ?

The transfer window was open. There's zero benefit to Hearts now to do anything Rangers want.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

The transfer window was open. There's zero benefit to Hearts now to do anything Rangers want.

So do you agree Rangers might have had something to do with him not playing against Auchinleck or do you believe he was injured ?

I know what I believe

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

So do you agree Rangers might have had something to do with him not playing against Auchinleck or do you believe he was injured ?

I know what I believe

Nah. Hearts have done what's best for Hearts throughout this whole process. I don't believe he was injured Vs Auchinleck, but given the quality of opposition, and the higher chance of a good fee when he's not cup tied, I think they made the right choice. Since then, he's played when fit, unless of course you think rangers wanted him out the squad in the derby?

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Berra than you said:

Nah. Hearts have done what's best for Hearts throughout this whole process. I don't believe he was injured Vs Auchinleck, but given the quality of opposition, and the higher chance of a good fee when he's not cup tied, I think they made the right choice. Since then, he's played when fit, unless of course you think rangers wanted him out the squad in the derby?

He's in an awkward position if he was to play against Rangers. Especially if the scoreline was like it was yesterday.

Fozzyonthefence
51 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Can see Souttar being lightly raced for the rest of the season and wrapped up in cotton wool.

Anybody who doesn't think his future employers are having an input as to his selection I can only assume trust the powers that be at Rangers.

Absolute nonsense!  Why would Rangers have any sort of input on John Souttar between now and the end of the season?  We’re not getting a single penny for him so that makes no sense whatsoever.  Hearts will do whatever is best for Hearts regarding JS and that includes playing him while fit.  Otherwise he would have been off in January and we would have taken the £400k or whatever was offered.

Berra than you
4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He's in an awkward position if he was to play against Rangers. Especially if the scoreline was like it was yesterday.

He may well be, but I think he's proven thus far that he's commited, and I think Robbie and the squad trust him. Separate point, but if he (and to a greater extent Halkett) had played yesterday, we don't conceede 5 goals.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Berra than you said:

He may well be, but I think he's proven thus far that he's commited, and I think Robbie and the squad trust him. Separate point, but if he (and to a greater extent Halkett) had played yesterday, we don't conceede 5 goals.

You don't know that - Rangers ripped us apart down the wings

11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I know what I believe

Yes, but that's got zero bearing on what's happened since the window closed or will happen for the rest of the season which was what your post I quoted was talking about.

At that point in time it was potentially still in Hearts interests as they were:

1) negotiating the sale of a player so wanted to keep his value high 

2) playing a team we didn't need him against 

3) still able to sell him 

As soon as the window closed Rangers view on whether he plays or not became redundant imo.

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Absolute nonsense!  Why would Rangers have any sort of input on John Souttar between now and the end of the season?  We’re not getting a single penny for him so that makes no sense whatsoever.  Hearts will do whatever is best for Hearts regarding JS and that includes playing him while fit.  Otherwise he would have been off in January and we would have taken the £400k or whatever was offered.

If Hearts are cruising to a 3rd place finish I won't be surprised to see Souttar have a minor knock from time to time especially when Rangers come to Tynecastle.

Berra than you

You don't know that - Rangers ripped us apart down the wings

I don't, but can make an educated guess. When Halkett has been out this season we have looked suspect at the back. Don't think Sibbick defended Morelos as well as he would have. As for down the wings, I agree. Can through Smith into that assesment. Whilst Atkinson offers more in an attacking sense, defensively I'm not convinced.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yes, but that's got zero bearing on what's happened since the window closed or will happen for the rest of the season which was what your post I quoted was talking about.

At that point in time it was potentially still in Hearts interests as they were:

1) negotiating the sale of a player so wanted to keep his value high 

2) playing a team we didn't need him against 

3) still able to sell him 

As soon as the window closed Rangers view on whether he plays or not became redundant imo.

We don't know what's been said behind the scenes or what was in the agreement.

He's their player in the Summer so it's natural they'll have some interest in how he's managed until the end of the season

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He's their player in the Summer so it's natural they'll have some interest in how he's managed until the end of the season

It’s madness if you think we’re getting any input from Rangers on how to handle Souttar for the rest of the season. 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Des Lynam said:

It’s madness if you think we’re getting any input from Rangers on how to handle Souttar for the rest of the season. 

Not if we don't know what's been agreed

7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Rangers literally have zero input until the day his Hearts contract comes to an end.  

Maroon Sailor
Just now, David McCaig said:

Rangers literally have zero input until the day his Hearts contract comes to an end.  

Yeah I was shocked he didn't play yesterday.

10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Agreed? 

It isn’t a transfer between clubs he’s signed. 

Yeah I was shocked he didn't play yesterday.

I wasn't... we all clearly saw him pick up an impact injury the previous week against Motherwell.

Maroon Sailor

Agreed? 

It isn’t a transfer between clubs he’s 

He signed a pre contract agreement. Do you know all the details of that ?

Berra than you

Agreed between who though? Genuinely interested, as I'd expect Hearts and Rangers to have had no dealings other than the failed bid attempts. Souttar is out of contract, and thus agreed terms with rangers off his own back. 

Why Hearts would then agree to any sort of reduced playing schedule for Souttar is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He signed a pre contract agreement. Do you know all the details of that ?

He has a contract with Hearts. If you’re suggesting he’s signed a pre contract with rangers that states he can’t play against them whilst playing for his contracted club then I think you’re off yer heed! 😂

Maroon Sailor

He has a contract with Hearts. If you’re suggesting he’s signed a pre contract with rangers that states he can’t play against them whilst playing for his contracted club then I think you’re off yer heed! 😂

Gentleman's agreement.

Like the old days when a loan player could play against his parent club but didn't.

23 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

They'll have an interest, of which we'll be giving zero consideration to. Why would we?

58 minutes ago, graygo said:

Being able to play on Wednesday doesn't suggest he could have been on the bench yesterday ffs.

Purely a bit of conjecture. No need.

Maroon Sailor

The defender is likely to return from an ankle injury and he'll be up against the team he's due to join in less than six months.

That aged well.

Anybody genuinely feel Souttar was ever going to play yesterday ?

Edited by Maroon Sailor

6 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Purely a bit of conjecture. No need.

You're right there was no need, I should have replaced it with one of these. :facepalm:

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I wonder if he really thought he was going through the window. 

I think he did

44 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I don't, but can make an educated guess. When Halkett has been out this season we have looked suspect at the back. Don't think Sibbick defended Morelos as well as he would have. As for down the wings, I agree. Can through Smith into that assesment. Whilst Atkinson offers more in an attacking sense, defensively I'm not convinced

The players left once you take out Souttar, Smith and Halkett are not leaders, for a number of varying reasons, except the goalie. All three out are leaders. 

Berra than you
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

The players left once you take out Souttar, Smith and Halkett are not leaders, for a number of varying reasons, except the goalie. All three out are leaders. 

100%

I think he did

Well, his super agent should have been making it clear it was very unlikely. Because it was. Based on the club Hearts were dealing with and the value of the player on the pitch. This, to me, makes it more likely he is genuinely not fit. Because how stupid could you be?

Though if stupid enough maybe he doesn't fancy any return of the abuse which he was able to deal with for one game cos he thought it was a small price to pay for a January move

Edited by Riccarton3

Maroon Sailor
27 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Well, his super agent should have been making it clear it was very unlikely. Because it was. Based on the club Hearts were dealing with and the value of the player on the pitch. This, to me, makes it more likely he is genuinely not fit. Because how stupid could you be?

Though if stupid enough maybe he doesn't fancy any return of the abuse which he was able to deal with for one game cos he thought it was a small price to pay for a January move

Do you think he thought he was going? 

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Do you think he thought he was going? 

Only if he thought Hearts were not being serious about their asking price, whatever it was. And I find that hard to believe. But he could have imagined Rangers meeting the price 😂😂 There's always one 

2 hours ago, dumpson said:

Typical Hearts, we turn down £300k and his legs fall off.

At least him and Halliday would have enjoyed yesterday.

Will be interesting what Halliday has to say on his podcast, no doubt Ferry will mention the welcome he got when he came on.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know."

Very true.

My head hurts...😁

Funny the two games hes missed have been the games rangers would want him to miss.  Fully expect he is miraculously fit again for our next match.  

Maroon Sailor
31 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Funny the two games hes missed have been the games rangers would want him to miss.  Fully expect he is miraculously fit again for our next match.  

He's got his knock pencilled in for the post split match with Rangers.

Just waiting for the date to be confirmed.

Pasquale for King

Six and a half years at the club and will never play 20 games on the trot for us, really can’t see him being able to physically stand up to playing the amount of high pressure games they play. 

3 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

I wonder if he really thought he was going through the window. 

Do you think that’s how he got injured?  Most people would go through the door. 

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

Why would Rangers want him to miss the Derby with Hibs?  Genuine question

10 minutes ago, TurboT said:

Possibly greater chance of picking up a serious injury against those poorly-refereed, hammer-throwing carthorses?

Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Some folk are just desperate for drama, if he was fit he would have played.

Robbie Neilson insists he’ll have no problem throwing Rangers-bound John Souttar into the Ibrox cauldron for Hearts tomorrow.

The fit-again defender was the subject of three failed January bids by Gers, who have signed Souttar on a pre-contract deal.

I think this entire saga is starting to have a detrimental effect on the team.  The sooner he ****s off the better.

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Robbie Neilson insists he’ll have no problem throwing Rangers-bound John Souttar into the Ibrox cauldron for Hearts tomorrow.

The fit-again defender was the subject of three failed January bids by Gers, who have signed Souttar on a pre-contract deal.

He failed a fitness test. Are folk seriously suggesting we knock back rangers bid but then let them decide when he plays or not. 

Edited by jambopilms

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I think this entire saga is starting to have a detrimental effect on the team.  The sooner he ****s off the better.

Well it’ll be a June now unless we garden leave him

6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

He failed a fitness test. Are folk seriously suggesting we knock back rangers bid but then let them decide when he plays or not. 

I didn't think that would ever be the case but wouldn't surprise me if it's a case of Soutters head not being in the right place

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Seems to fail quite a few late fitness tests.

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, TurboT said:

The most rutted and bone hard pitch in the league would be my guess. 

Edited by Pasquale for King