Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

But you’d play Moore, who isn’t committed to the club or as good, ahead of Souttar?

Tbf, Moore could be trying to impress. 

If Souttar, for example done as  Halkett done in the first game, his Rangers career would be off to, a terrible start, especially if the league was decided by a couple of points. 

He won't want that. 

Souttar will be in a very awkward position if he plays. 

Not to mention if he's poor and we get beat, they'll be all kinds of shouts aimed at him. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

I like John Souttar. I am very happy with his performances for Hearts since he pre-contracted with Rangers. I believe he can continue to be a valuable player for Hearts. I would not, however play him at Ibrox. The game then becomes about him and there is a huge risk in asking him to shoulder that burden which is not worth taking. I don't think that he will be in the starting eleven but if he is I hope that he plays a blinder. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I agree. If possible I’d rather let them improve against Dundee then Livingston than rangers at Ibrox but do appreciate some folk might not agree. If he’s fit I’d feel happier with Souttar playing than not on Sunday. 

Yeah, fair. 

8 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

It's not that Souttar hasn't committed to us next season (like Cochrane & Moore), it's more that he has 100% committed to another team (Sunday's opponents). I actually think Cochrane and Moore would like to stay, but it may not be up to them.

FWIW though, I'd play Souttar against Rangers.

I can see how you’d think Moore would want to stay but Cochrane seemed fairly certain he’d like another go with Brighton in the last interview with him I read. Could just be being polite to his parent club I guess. 

52 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The defence looked a bit ropey on Tuesday. He plays on Sunday for me.

Although I think we settled down it’s hard to argue with that. Players back players and will often find themselves in the same situation one day so I’m sure they’ll understand. 

We get to the nitty gritty part of the pre contract, will John play V Them. Have questioned this from that Friday of sin, John is currently classed as not fit to play, so will he play V Them. I asked this right at the start, we get to see soon.

42 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

You post that he will play if fit as a fact and then say "if he doesn't then what will be the point of turning down a six figure sum. What was the point in the first line? Should the first line not read, if fit I think he should play? 

I was replying to someone that said he shouldn't play.

Next time I post something, I'll remember to run it past you for approval.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

What about the games he started v Hibs, Dundee U, Motherwell, St Mirren, Livi, Dundee & St Johnsone and we got a clean sheet? 

Hibs, Dundee U, Motherwell, St Mirren, Livi, Dundee where before he said that he does not have a future with Hearts. If 

Your advocating here is saying to Taylor Moore( he wont be ahead of Sibbick and Kingsley) Do you want to sign for us but your dropped for a player who has no interest in Hearts future. In fact its in his own interest to see us play badly. 

If injuries happen then play him. We should not be sacrificing opportunities for our back three to gel for John Souttar. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbf, Moore could be trying to impress. 

If Souttar, for example done as  Halkett done in the first game, his Rangers career would be off to, a terrible start, especially if the league was decided by a couple of points. 

He won't want that. 

Souttar will be in a very awkward position if he plays. 

Not to mention if he's poor and we get beat, they'll be all kinds of shouts aimed at him. 

Good. He put himself in this position and his future employers didn’t help by trying to get him on the cheap. If he signed thinking he’d now be a Rangers player then more fool him for believe those charlatans. As for Rangers well they reap what they sow. They still think they’re something special and we should all bow down to them, but those days are long gone.

2 hours ago, Rudolf said:

He will play if fit. 

If he doesn't play then what would be the point of turning down a six figure sum?

1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

You post that he will play if fit as a fact and then say "if he doesn't then what will be the point of turning down a six figure sum. What was the point in the first line? Should the first line not read, if fit I think he should play? 

56 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I was replying to someone that said he shouldn't play.

Next time I post something, I'll remember to run it past you for approval.

It had nothing to do with what you were replying to. You said he would play. You don't know that. Then you went on to say that if he doesn't, it would be a waste of 500.000.

**** their 500.000 and **** them. We need nether. We are the Heart of Midlothian FC and telling them to ram it is feeling good. As in, not being cowardly. 

COME ON THE HEARTS.

:sweeet:  

Edited by niblick1874

14 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Good. He put himself in this position and his future employers didn’t help by trying to get him on the cheap. If he signed thinking he’d now be a Rangers player then more fool him for believe those charlatans. As for Rangers well they reap what they sow. They still think they’re something special and we should all bow down to them, but those days are long gone.

13 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

It had nothing to do with what you were replying to. You said he would play. You don't know that. Then you went on to say that if he doesn't, it would be a waste of 500.000.

**** their 500.000 and **** them. We need nether. We are the Heart of Midlothian FC and telling them to ram it is feeling good. As in, not being cowardly. 

COME ON THE HEARTS.

Christ, calm down ffs.

Also a little error by you.

Where did I mention £500.000? (that's £500 by the way, not £500,000 so a couple of errors).

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It's really not good for him or us. 

It's actually shite. 

I hope Robbie isn't foolish enough to play him.There is a clear conflict of interest for Souttar and us.

We have all changed jobs at some point and once you aren't committed to a job your heart goes out of it. 

Your boss knows it and you know it.

Hackney Hearts

Let's say Souttar plays. If we get a penalty - I know, bear with me - and Boyce is off the pitch....

Souttar has been 2nd choice taker and done well....

Would we be happy to let him take it? To claim a point, or even three?

Would he refuse to take it?

High stakes. I'd love it (Keegan-style) if he scored, penalty or otherwise.

Just jumped on the thread imo no way should he play can’t believe he’s even been considered, not got a problem with him playing with us rest of the season but to suggest he should play against rangers is ludicrous 

Jambo_jim2001

Let them see what they have missed out on with their giro offer,not funny for him or us but imagine if one of them gave their investment a serious injury,,will they be afraid to put any serious tackles in then,,anyhoo as I've said I think he'll give 💯

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Just jumped on the thread imo no way should he play can’t believe he’s even been considered, not got a problem with him playing with us rest of the season but to suggest he should play against rangers is ludicrous 

I’m no longer a fan of Souttar but what happens if he’s man of the match every game not played against Newco moving forward.
We need a point last game of the league season against Newco to get third. We also play them in the cup final. What do we do then? Let me just say again I’m no longer a fan of Souttar.

51 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's really not good for him or us. 

It's actually shite. 

We miss out on what they offered. That means we have told them to take their bullying and insulting offer and ******* shove it. I like what we did.  What you call shite, I call pride. WTF is going on in this place.

Guest ToqueJambo

Play him against Rangers - why not? He's hardly going to go easy on his future team-mates any more than his future team mates will go easy on him.

Has no-one ever played a game of football in a pub league when some of your team don't turn up so you take some of their players just to have a game and it's still ultra-competitive? Once the game starts, footballers at every level simply want to win no matter who their team-mates or opponents are.

Edited by ToqueJambo

13 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Then there are those that say he should play against them because if he doesn't. it would mean that the money we lost out on would go for naught. None of that takes into account every reason under the sun why he can't play in those games. As I said. WTF is going on in this place.

2 hours ago, Rods said:

Hibs, Dundee U, Motherwell, St Mirren, Livi, Dundee where before he said that he does not have a future with Hearts. If 

Your advocating here is saying to Taylor Moore( he wont be ahead of Sibbick and Kingsley) Do you want to sign for us but your dropped for a player who has no interest in Hearts future. In fact its in his own interest to see us play badly. 

If injuries happen then play him. We should not be sacrificing opportunities for our back three to gel for John Souttar. 

Hope we are setting our sights at a better level than Taylor Moore for next season. 

4 minutes ago, Ked said:

If I were Souttar I'd want to show the rangers support what I could do.

I suspect he will if picked.

If he plays well he puts pressure on the Rangers management. 

Especially if we get a result and the gap to Celtic widens. 

34 minutes ago, jamborich said:

If we don’t play him then it’s a moral victory for Rangers surely. They get him on a pre-contract, offer us crap money to get him now, we say no, but they hope that we won’t play our best player against them? Win, win for them. Loss for us esp if we get them in the cup. 

Mentally its a big ask for him tbh. 

I don't believe for a second he would act unprofessionally, but regardless, its not a great predicament he's put us in. 

11 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Then there are those that say he should play against them because if he doesn't. it would mean that the money we lost out on would go for naught. None of that takes into account every reason under the sun why he can't play in those games. As I said. WTF is going on in this place.

After last night he should be desperate to show them what they have missed out on. I don’t have any doubts that we should play him and he will give 100%.  He is that type of guy. Picked up a really sore one against Motherwell by putting his body on the line for us. 

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Play him against Rangers - why not? He's hardly going to go easy on his future team-mates any more than his future team mates will go easy on him.

Has no-one ever played a game of football in a pub league when some of your team don't turn up so you take some of their players just to have a game and it's still ultra-competitive? Once the game starts, footballers at every level simply want to win no matter who their team-mates or opponents are.

That there is an analogy and a half. I never thought of it that way. Tell us more. I, if not others, want to know more of your astute insight where this matter is concerned.

1 hour ago, billybalfour said:

I hope Robbie isn't foolish enough to play him.There is a clear conflict of interest for Souttar and us.

We have all changed jobs at some point and once you aren't committed to a job your heart goes out of it. 

Your boss knows it and you know it.

Does the same go for Moore, Cochrane, Woodburn and Simms? We are not their permanent employers so why would they give 100%.  We are also getting to the point of the season where Woodburn and Cochrane don’t want to pick up any serious injuries otherwise they won’t get new contracts anywhere come summer. Lots of reasons to question commitment of players at this time of the season, that’s why I think he just picks the best players and trust them to give 100% until they prove otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If he plays well he puts pressure on the Rangers management. 

Especially if we get a result and the gap to Celtic widens. 

It's also worth remembering we have the second best defence after Celtic although our keeper has played a  big part in that .

I hope he plays and shows them they should have coughed up.

Theres a long way to go in the league I'm glad Hearts are playing him.

It's also a test for him I think he will handle it.

Just now, jamborich said:

I’m a big Souter fan great but no way can you go up against at a team that’s just signed you….stupid decision 

The boy Jones who they signed on a pre-contract from Killie a few seasons ago did. Think he scored as well. 

8 minutes ago, jamborich said:

I’m a big Souter fan great but no way can you go up against at a team that’s just signed you….stupid decision 

But they haven't at the moment, he is still employed by Hearts and we, not them, pay his wages, and if he is a proper professional he will put in his normal display.

Hopefully all it will show is what they are missing by being cheapskates, and John will be looking to show them the error of their ways.

I am sure with the advent of pre-contracts lots of players have played against the team they are signing for.

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

After last night, he's probably on the 'phone to his agent about the Blackburn Rovers offer.

League Table

Team

P

GD

Pts

Fulham

Blackburn

Bournemouth

QPR

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The boy Jones who they signed on a pre-contract from Killie a few seasons ago did. Think he scored as well. 

He did. In a 2-1 win from recollection. Thumped it in for KILMARNOCK, his employers at the time

28 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Souttar should play and show them what they're missing. 

Yeah that's how I feel about it now. He's proven me wrong with his commitment in the games since, so I've no reason to doubt Sunday.

1 minute ago, DesertDawg said:

After last night, he's probably on the 'phone to his agent about the Blackburn Rovers offer.

League Table

Team

P

GD

Pts

Fulham

Blackburn

Bournemouth

QPR

He can call his agent all he wants. He has signed on the dotted line for rangers.

anyway he is only going to rangers because he has a sick family member remember? 

If he's fit I think he'll play. He probably already knows that Sevco are not going to win the league anyway so he won't soil his reputation with a poor performance. 

5 hours ago, TurboT said:

The player he'll be replacing is Taylor Moore  who will go back to Bristol City in the summer. How's that self-harming?

Souttar is better than Moore, I think we can all agree on that and therefore I'd play Souttar if he's fit.

Drop him after ER for someone who’d rather play for the opposition 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Does the same go for Moore, Cochrane, Woodburn and Simms? We are not their permanent employers so why would they give 100%.  We are also getting to the point of the season where Woodburn and Cochrane don’t want to pick up any serious injuries otherwise they won’t get new contracts anywhere come summer. Lots of reasons to question commitment of players at this time of the season, that’s why I think he just picks the best players and trust them to give 100% until they prove otherwise. 

Analogies that compare swapping players in a pub league to what is going on with this. Then there is comparing players out on lone playing for the team they are being loaned to with a player that has signed a PC for a very disliked rival then playing against that very disliked rival that he has the PC with, while everyone is watching.  As I said. WTF is going on in this place. 

37 minutes ago, OTT said:

Mentally its a big ask for him tbh. 

I don't believe for a second he would act unprofessionally, but regardless, its not a great predicament he's put us in. 

Or him.

6 minutes ago, Shanks said:

He can call his agent all he wants. He has signed on the dotted line for rangers.

anyway he is only going to rangers because he has a sick family member remember? 

not strictly true. it depends on  the wording of the PCA as they are not necessarily enforcable as they are a sort of agreeing to agree to sign. 

what i would say, what do you think rangers would do if souttar suffers another serious injury before the end of the season that will keep him out for more than a year? i dont think rangers would complete the deal and it might be down to souttar to try and force them to. the same could also happen but with the roles reversed if say tottenham etc came in for JS

Play him. He's one of our best defenders. He won't put in a poor performance when he knows it could cost him a place in the national team. Steve Clarke wouldn't like that giving his 'fondness' of the rangers.

13 minutes ago, Shanks said:

He signed a PRE-contract agreeing to sign a contract at the end of the season.  Wonder how much it would cost him to pull out of it.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

We miss out on what they offered. That means we have told them to take their bullying and insulting offer and ******* shove it. I like what we did.  What you call shite, I call pride. WTF is going on in this place.

Pride?

Depends how you look at it- not giving in to a shite fee- good.

Having to play said player ( as he's our best player)and keep him match fit for the  huns and watch him sail of in the sunset for **** all - shite.

8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Pride?

Having to play said player ( as he's our best player)and keep him match fit for the  huns and watch him sail of in the sunset for **** all - shite.

Why are you making thing up. What are you?

13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Pride?

See the bit where you say good. Hearts have been a big part of my life for 60 years and I can't remember a time when we have told them to stick it in such an out there way when it mattered. I get the feeling you wouldn't have pride in anything unless you got something out of it. You don't care about pride, I do.   

unknownuser
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

not strictly true. it depends on  the wording of the PCA as they are not necessarily enforcable as they are a sort of agreeing to agree to sign. 

what i would say, what do you think rangers would do if souttar suffers another serious injury before the end of the season that will keep him out for more than a year? i dont think rangers would complete the deal and it might be down to souttar to try and force them to. the same could also happen but with the roles reversed if say tottenham etc came in for JS

Basically, if the PCA contains specific terms, wage and length then it's enforceable. If it's vague and doesn't contain specific terms then it isn't