Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Don't think he will but I hope he doesn’t harbour any negative thoughts about us  preventing him leaving in this window. Finds himself in an invidious situation knowing Sevco didn’t see him as a priority and we rightly or wrongly are ensuring he sees out his contract. Even subconsciously it must be affecting him. Would be interested to know the fee we were offered but I am delighted the club have stood firm on this one. It’s an important statement that we won’t be messed about when and if they next come calling 

I’d prefer we just didn’t do any business with them.  Ever. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’d prefer we just didn’t do any business with them.  Ever. 

Yeah in an ideal world 

5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Might as well shut this thread till this carry on starts again at the end of the season, farce.com.

He'll be a fully fledged hun next season . Thread over. 

Gillsland jack

How Binding?, or not?, are these pre contracts?, could either party change their minds and walk away, could John for example decide that Sevco have not looked after the situation very well and decide to sign for another team at the end of this season?.

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He admitted it ages ago apparently, all makes sense now 🤮

Apparently?

I smell shite.

Yes definitely shite.

55 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Had a bit of a heated discussion with a hun workmate this morning. I had mentioned to him about Ramsay yesterday, which he was unaware. He came in this morning and said "you were right". I said aye, but why couldn't you have paid what we wanted for Souttar instead of paying the money towards the Ramsay deal that you reportedly have? I said Souttar could have been the difference between you winning the league or not as he's a better defender than Goldson and Bassey. his answer was;

"Aye but Souttar hasn't played at the level we expect at Rangers".

What, the Scottish Premier League?

"aye but he's no used to playing in a winning team". 

I really hope that they get skelped tomorrow night and I despise Celtic. 

Did he or does he still have teeth ? 

uglyt18fx.jpg.3985d4a85d3014dbc2704c3bd9b7f56c.jpg

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I know many are angry (to say the least) with Souttar for signing a pre-contract with TRFC and see him as having done the dirty on our club, but during the whole debacle he's conducted himself well, got on with the job, and, unless word comes out later to disprove this, has not tried to force Hearts' hand into accepting whatever TRFC offered. I'd suggest that if he'd shown any sign of not remaining loyal to the club for the rest of the season, Hearts would have accepted the rather derisory offer of £400K, preferring the money to holding onto a disgruntled, and perhaps disruptive, player. I may be wrong but I've not read or heard anything where Souttar has expressed a desire to leave right away, which is the usual tactics of a player desperate to leave his current club (backed up by the DR and Sun whenever the OF are concerned). Only time will tell, but I reckon we will see the same John Souttar we would have seen, for the rest of the season, even if he hadn't agreed to go elsewhere at season's end.

Jambo in Bathgate
2 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Did he or does he still have teeth ? 

uglyt18fx.jpg.3985d4a85d3014dbc2704c3bd9b7f56c.jpg

Rangers have now nailed their flag to the mast of Ramsey. They are Donald Ducked if they don’t win the league. All their finances are based on getting automatic entry to group stages. 

4 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I know many are angry (to say the least) with Souttar for signing a pre-contract with TRFC and see him as having done the dirty on our club, but during the whole debacle he's conducted himself well, got on with the job, and, unless word comes out later to disprove this, has not tried to force Hearts' hand into accepting whatever TRFC offered. I'd suggest that if he'd shown any sign of not remaining loyal to the club for the rest of the season, Hearts would have accepted the rather derisory offer of £400K, preferring the money to holding onto a disgruntled, and perhaps disruptive, player. I may be wrong but I've not read or heard anything where Souttar has expressed a desire to leave right away, which is the usual tactics of a player desperate to leave his current club (backed up by the DR and Sun whenever the OF are concerned). Only time will tell, but I reckon we will see the same John Souttar we would have seen, for the rest of the season, even if he hadn't agreed to go elsewhere at season's end.

But but hes a tory .

Admitted years ago when he was a teenager.

Apparently.

Hes played well throughout the transfer talk despite the few hundred arses who booed him.

Good post buddy.

3 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Rangers have now nailed their flag to the mast of Ramsey. They are Donald Ducked if they don’t win the league. All their finances are based on getting automatic entry to group stages. 

**** them

Butterbean1874
15 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

How Binding?, or not?, are these pre contracts?, could either party change their minds and walk away, could John for example decide that Sevco have not looked after the situation very well and decide to sign for another team at the end of this season?.

Hopefully this,how good would that be JS tells  them to ram there pre-contract 🇱🇻🇱🇻

1 minute ago, Butterbean1874 said:

Hopefully this,how good would that be JS tells  them to ram there pre-contract 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Can he do that ?

1 minute ago, Ked said:

Can he do that ?

I suppose it depends in what it says in whatever agreement has been made to get him to sign for them next season.

I would suspect some compensation would need to be paid to the 'injured' party if one side steps back from the agreement. 

8 minutes ago, Ked said:

Can he do that ?

I said that the party who breaks the agreement pays costs to the other party.

Just a quick google on it...

Can a pre-contract be broken?

A breach of a pre-contract without just cause would entitle the innocent party to compensation, and is likely lead to sporting sanctions being imposed on the party in breach in accordance with Article 17 of FIFA's Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.

17IV. Maintenance of contractual stability between professionals and clubs
17 Consequencesofterminatingacontractwithoutjustcause
The following provisions apply if a contract is terminated without just cause:
In all cases, the party in breach shall pay compensation. Subject to the
provisions of article 20 and Annexe 4 in relation to training compensation,
and unless otherwise provided for in the contract, compensation for the
breach shall be calculated with due consideration for the law of the country
concerned, the specificity of sport, and any other objective criteria. These
criteria shall include, in particular, the remuneration and other benefits due
to the player under the existing contract and/or the new contract, the time
remaining on the existing contract up to a maximum of five years, the fees and
expenses paid or incurred by the former club (amortised over the term of the
contract) and whether the contractual breach falls within a protected period.
Entitlement to compensation cannot be assigned to a third party. If a
professional is required to pay compensation, the professional and his new
club shall be jointly and severally liable for its payment. The amount may be
stipulated in the contract or agreed between the parties.
In addition to the obligation to pay compensation, sporting sanctions shall
also be imposed on any player found to be in breach of contract during the
protected period. This sanction shall be a four-month restriction on playing in
official matches. In the case of aggravating circumstances, the restriction shall
last six months. These sporting sanctions shall take effect immediately once
the player has been notified of the relevant decision. The sporting sanctions
shall remain suspended in the period between the last official match of the
season and the first official match of the next season, in both cases including
national cups and international championships for clubs. This suspension
of the sporting sanctions shall, however, not be applicable if the player is
an established member of the representative team of the association he is
eligible to represent, and the association concerned is participating in the
final competition of an international tournament in the period between the
last match and the first match of the next season. Unilateral breach without
just cause or sporting just cause after the protected period shall not result in
sporting sanctions. Disciplinary measures may, however, be imposed outside

18IV. Maintenance of contractual stability between professionals and clubs
the protected period for failure to give notice of termination within 15 days of
the last official match of the season (including national cups) of the club with
which the player is registered. The protected period starts again when, while
renewing the contract, the duration of the previous contract is extended.
In addition to the obligation to pay compensation, sporting sanctions shall be
imposed on any club found to be in breach of contract or found to be inducing
a breach of contract during the protected period. It shall be presumed, unless
established to the contrary, that any club signing a professional who has
terminated his contract without just cause has induced that professional to
commit a breach. The club shall be banned from registering any new players,
either nationally or internationally, for two entire and consecutive registration
periods. The club shall be able to register new players, either nationally or
internationally, only as of the next registration period following the complete
serving of the relevant sporting sanction. In particular, it may not make use of
the exception and the provisional measures stipulated in article 6 paragraph 1
of these regulations in order to register players at an earlier stage.
Any person subject to the FIFA Statutes and regulations who acts in a manner
designed to induce a breach of contract between a professional and a club in
order to facilitate the transfer of the player shall be sanctioned.

Edited by Factuer Moi

1 hour ago, JyTees said:

I have no problem admitting who is my least palatable out the two of them.

Ditto!

Ugly Sister Blue had always been most disliked and that changed to The Ugly Sister Green.  Despise both but, trying to strong arm Hearts into pathetic deal, I hope they don't win the league.

Would be ironic if Ramsey gets injured and/or their central defenders.

jambo-in-furness
5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Ditto!

Ugly Sister Blue had always been most disliked and that changed to The Ugly Sister Green.  Despise both but, trying to strong arm Hearts into pathetic deal, I hope they don't win the league.

Would be ironic if Ramsey gets injured and/or their central defenders.

especially if it’s Souttar who crocks Ramsey.

11 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

They just signed Aaron Ramsey plus the money the got for their young right back. They have the money they just want their cake and more. 

I think they thought Souttar would agitate more to get away. They've misread his personality as well as Hearts' resolve. I also think losing Hagi meant they got distracted by the Ramsay deal.

Ex member of the SaS

I despise them both fairly equally depending on the playing situation and felt let down by Soapy. As for them playing Wednesday I hope it's a 0-0 draw with lots of " minor" injuries and red cards. with both out of players it will open up a very narrow window for us to get very close.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Gillsland jack said:

It’s a legally binding contract and unless there’s a clause in it saying either side can walk away for some reason, it’s extremely unlikely. 

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

especially if it’s Souttar who crocks Ramsey.

More likely to crock himself, Ramsey needs no help with that. 

I detest Celtic so much, but after the Souttar fiasco I hope they pip the sevco zombies for the league title.

Fell so unclean for saying it, but in the end they are just two filthy cheeks of the same @rse. 

Celtic on goal difference would be a good title for them to win.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

I think they thought Souttar would agitate more to get away. They've misread his personality as well as Hearts' resolve. I also think losing Hagi meant they got distracted by the Ramsay deal.

Souttar has proven in the last 3 games he will give 100% in the maroon jersey - he certainly did not pull out the challenge against Motherwell where he got a sore one!

He’s a Hearts player and I’m putting aside the pre-contract drama until the end of the season.

How is John Souttar feeling about the attitude of his prospective  new employers showing such contempt  for him?  Do they really feel he's worth less than a month  of Aaron Ramsay,s wages?  

Do they see him as an unimportant  bench warmer rather than a class defender?  

Since Rangers released the news about John,s contract,  his professionalism for Hearts has been exemplary.  I hope our support  will show their appreciation,....starting tonight 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Might as well shut this thread till this carry on starts again at the end of the season, farce.com.

We play rangers at the weekend. 🙈

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a legally binding contract and unless there’s a clause in it saying either side can walk away for some reason, it’s extremely unlikely. 

Is there not a cooling off period :whistling:

Maroon Sailor
48 minutes ago, Australis said:

I detest Celtic so much, but after the Souttar fiasco I hope they pip the sevco zombies for the league title.

Fell so unclean for saying it, but in the end they are just two filthy cheeks of the same @rse. 

Celtic on goal difference would be a good title for them to win.

I don't give a rat's arse who out the two win the league.

Scottish football is a cesspit because of them.

Only way any other club winning the league outwith these 2 vile institutions is to be bankrolled properly and even then will have to beat the Glasgow suits and the corrupt officiating that takes place.

I think John Souttar has conducted himself in a very professional manner since it was known he had signed a pre-contract agreement with the Govan Gorgons.

I want us to win tonight, them to draw tomorrow night. That way we have gained two points on both of them and increased the points difference from twelve to fifteen between ourselves and Hibs.

Edited by John Findlay

Jambo_jim2001

Had a right old laugh at them on the follow follow forum,they sure have a rolls Royce in Ramsey as a player,,but our soapy is the petrol to make it go,,enjoy looking at your multi million player till next season and take it out for a spin when the fuel arrives.😂😂😂

What a nice way the Huns are treating their new Centre back. Nice way for them to show how much they want him. 

All that money from their sale of their young right back and spending a fortune on Ramsey but can’t even pay 600k for soapy who is worth at least 3-4 million in real terms. Utter scum. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Is there not a cooling off period :whistling:

Yes, it's called winter. Even spring can be more than cool in Scotland, so whether it's official, or not, there's always a cooling off period after the January window.

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I think John Souttar has conducted himself in a very professional manner since it was known he had signed a pre-contract agreement with the Govan Gorgons.

I want us to win tonight, them to draw tomorrow night. That way we have gained two points on both of them and increased the points difference from twelve to fifteen between ourselves and Hibs.

in a nutshell.. massive game tonight.

if we can get out of this weekend 12 points ahead the race for 3rd is done given they still have the old firm to play twice and need to visit tynecastle 

jimmy the jambo
33 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Should wind them up on sunday by singing

Fcuk you rangers  soutar plays for hearts to the tune of yellow submarine

Do you think he’ll play on Sunday ( If fit and available ) If he makes a mistake that leads to a goal,Then the s**t will hit the fan.

I also think it works both way and he could score a 1 yard screamer - Would he run up to the jambo’s and give it laldy?

King Of The Cat Cafe
51 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

What a nice way the Huns are treating their new Centre back. Nice way for them to show how much they want him. 

All that money from their sale of their young right back and spending a fortune on Ramsey but can’t even pay 600k for soapy who is worth at least 3-4 million in real terms. Utter scum. 

He shoots...he scores.

Nail on the head.

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

More likely to crock himself, Ramsey needs no help with that. 

Ramsey won’t try a leg he’s made his money and it’s been said he lost the appetite for football now his bank balance is full, be lucky if he plays 2 or 3 games

5 hours ago, 8ac said:

How is John Souttar feeling about the attitude of his prospective  new employers showing such contempt  for him?  Do they really feel he's worth less than a month  of Aaron Ramsay,s wages?  

Do they see him as an unimportant  bench warmer rather than a class defender?  

Since Rangers released the news about John,s contract,  his professionalism for Hearts has been exemplary.  I hope our support  will show their appreciation,....starting tonight 

I heard he refused to train yesterday to try to push through a deal.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I heard he was trying too hard in training yesterday and was told to take it easier. 

🤙

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I heard we refused to sell Him.

Edited by Factuer Moi

9 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

🤙

I heard we refused to sell Him.

9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I heard he was trying too hard in training yesterday and was told to take it easier. 

👍

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Also heard this and he was raging that hearts never accepted the pitiful offer from hunvar. I'm hoping this was just a cheap stunt created by his agent to get the move thru but if not let him rot in the U16s

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Ramsey won’t try a leg he’s made his money and it’s been said he lost the appetite for football now his bank balance is full, be lucky if he plays 2 or 3 games

Not even fit for tomorrow 

3 hours ago, Faldo said:

Also heard this and he was raging that hearts never accepted the pitiful offer from hunvar. I'm hoping this was just a cheap stunt created by his agent to get the move thru but if not let him rot in the U16s

Heard he wants to play as many games as possible. Disappointed to miss tonight 😞 

8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Heard he wants to play as many games as possible. Disappointed to miss tonight 😞 

I'd rather we let our future defensive combination bed in than worry about Souttar's needs.