Walker off the wage bill in January......? ( merged )

Section Q

16 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Whilst Walker is not the answer, you can tell why Neilson does not rate him...... he runs direct at opposition goal.

:naughty:

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Whilst Walker is not the answer, you can tell why Neilson does not rate him...... he runs direct at opposition goal.

Spewing at the goal? 

All revved up for a jkb Bob bashing tonight? 

Nah luck.

Always next game. 

WheatfieldWarrior

We needed a goal, so he scored one.

It was disallowed, so he scored another one.

I don't think we can replace this, let alone in a January window.  - we need to give him game time now as the midfield is shot-shy and see how he does.  can't let him go in January imo.

50 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

I would be completely in favour of starting with Walker as our main striker until Boyce is back. 

If we’re talking about giving someone a run of games in a fully fit team then McEneff is more deserving of an opportunity than Walker though. 

This take is something else. However , why?

Captain Lithuania
1 minute ago, sadj said:

This take is something else. However , why?

Started out up front as a youngster and knows where the goal is as everyone keeps banging on about. Who would you play there instead?

54 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Walkers always had the ability to make the difference in matches. His problem is consistency and the fact he goes missing pretty much anytime he starts. A decent player to have on the bench but that’s about it and I’m sure he will be on decent money so don’t think he’s worth a new contract, but I do think he’s worth having as an option on the bench till he does leave. 

This is pretty much what a lot of us have been saying I think and its pretty much spot on imo. Theres games that wont suit him though. Today however i think was the right sub to bring him on

Edited by sadj

Just now, Captain Lithuania said:

Started out up front as a youngster and knows where the goal is as everyone keeps banging on about. Who would you play there instead?

Tbh I haven’t given it much thought. I wouldn’t start JW in any game personally. I prefer a false 9 when Boyce is out as Gnando is not an answer either. Woodburn did ok today too imo hes probably a better option in the false 9 than JW but if it was a choice it would be none of them 

I'm pleased for him on a personal level and that he's got the team 3 points today. But he just isn't good enough on a consistent basis at this level, it's up to him and Robbie to change that.

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Spewing at the goal? 

All revved up for a jkb Bob bashing tonight? 

Nah luck.

Always next game. 

Who's spewing? I love Hearts winning any game......

Neilson, Levein, Stendel, JJ, JJ, Cathro..... doesn't matter who the manager is, i love Hearts winning.

Only you that looks to spew pish about Hearts fans.

Win, lose or draw....its all about Neilson and fans for you....weird and tbh quite sad.

What's even sadder is you would be the same happy self if we drew or lost today😆

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Neilson, Levein, Stendel, JJ, JJ, Cathro..... doesn't matter who the manager is, i love Hearts winning.

Win, lose or draw....its all about Neilson and fans for you....weird and tbh quite sad.

What's even sadder is you would be the same happy self if we drew or lost today😆

Aye, you seem happy. 

Ofc I'd be happy, more to life than football. 

You shouldn't let football, especially a run of the mill league game make you sad or angry. 

I'm "happier" we won tho. 

👍

been here before

Changed the game when he came on along with the atmosphere. Great reception from the fans at the game.

Must be one of the quickest bookings Ive seen when he went in on that Dundee player.

Took his goal well along with the one he didnt get as Collum decided Hearts didnt deserve to play the advantage.

Produces more than McKay.

Clearly not in favour by Neilson. Good squad player but probably not fit or sharp enough to start each week.

1 minute ago, allystrachan said:

Clearly not in favour by Neilson. Good squad player but probably not fit or sharp enough to start each week.

Disagree McKay is not the first i would criticise for not producing.

3 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

McKay was involved in the build up to the goal today and played a great lay off to assist Boyce for the last goal we scored. Not really sure why you’d single him out to compare with JW, when we have Woodburn, GMS and Gino. 

If Walker can come on and change the game like he did today why hasnt he had more chances. Either he isnt doing it in training or Neilson doesnt fancy him. No point in having players that are only there as a last resort. We need squad players that will challenge for starting spots and not just too fill in when someone gets injured.
We have a few players like that in the squad but if they main squad can just go through the motions without any challenge we will never get the best from them.

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Disagree McKay is not the first i would criticise for not producing.

Agree, he’s not the first I would criticise either, however most others that are not producing don’t get away with it for half a season. Other non performers are complained about before games even start but McKay is never mentioned.

don’t want to go off track & make the thread about McKay, so well done today Jamie. 

bobby bombscare
13 minutes ago, jackal said:

If Walker can come on and change the game like he did today why hasnt he had more chances. Either he isnt doing it in training or Neilson doesnt fancy him. No point in having players that are only there as a last resort. We need squad players that will challenge for starting spots and not just too fill in when someone gets injured.
We have a few players like that in the squad but if they main squad can just go through the motions without any challenge we will never get the best from them.

potentially just a case of needing to prove his worth? 

Harring looked to be out for good. He, like Jamie, had a strong pre-season, only to end up sitting on the bench for basically he first half of the season even Halliday was getting his game ahead of him in the midfield and cochran getting his game ahead of him at centre back when it was required. He literally couldn't do anything to get in the starting 11. Then when Banigame got injured, he got the chance to come in and show just how good he actually is. He has now put Robbie in a position where he needs to decide what happens when Beni is fit again... 

I'm hoping the same goes for Jamie. He comes on on a day like today and changes the game. Hopefully that earns him a start and he uses that to prove his worth going forward! It is almost time for a new deal and i doubt he will find any other club to pay more than us for a new contract.. he may find someone to pay the same but he is a hearts boy, so that should give him the motivation to push for a new contract here. 

Regardless of if you think we should keep him or not, i would guess that'll be what he's thinking?

Nothing makes a statement like a a winning goal in a new years derby! 

Edited by bobby bombscare

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Banter.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Keep him if he's going to get used from the bench regularly and he's happy with that. 

If he wants more or Bob isn't going to use him, punt him. 

I'd go for the former option. 

If he goes on loan, give him to Arbroath. 

Actually wouldn't be against loaning Arborath various players to try and nudge them towards promotion - Gnando, Roberts, Stone, Halliday :D 

Dick Campbell in the top flight would be some laugh!

One.Night.In.Basel

The key thing thing for me is how many minutes has Walker played this season? And then how many has Mckay played?  I'm guessing walker has barely even played 90 minutes in total this season but he's still scored. I'm not saying that to have a go a Mckay as he's been one of our best players, but he doesn't score. The 2 up with Boyce need to start scoring if Walker can help with that even if its coming off the bench for the last half an hour then I'm happy with that. Especially if it's ahead of gnando.  

34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, you seem happy. 

Ofc I'd be happy, more to life than football. 

You shouldn't let football, especially a run of the mill league game make you sad or angry. 

I'm "happier" we won tho. 

👍

just an observation but for someone who tells us quite frequently ‘he has a life’ and that ‘there’s more to life than football’, you’ve no half accumulated some amount of posts! 

When you get to tens of thousands of posts, it’s time to rethink. Just my opinion obviously. 

4 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

potentially just a case of needing to prove his worth? 

Harring looked to be out for good. He, like Jamie, had a strong pre-season, only to end up sitting on the bench for basically he first half of the season. Then when Banigame got injured, he got the chance to come in and show just how good he actually is. He has now put Robbie in a position where he needs to decide what happens when Beni is fit again... 

I'm hoping the same goes for Jamie. He comes on on a day like today and changes the game. Hopefully that earns him a start and he uses that to prove his worth going forward! It is almost time for a new deal and i doubt he will find any other club to pay more than us for a new contract.. he may find someone to pay the same but he is a hearts boy, so that should give him the motivation to push for a new contract here. 

Regardless of if you think we should keep him or not, i would guess that'll be what he's thinking?

Nothing makes a statement like a a winning goal in a new years derby! 

Devlin is a red card waiting to happen.  I'd prefer to try Baningime (when fit) and PH together in MF and if RN doesn't think Walker is more effective than Woodburn then we have real problems.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

just an observation but for someone who tells us quite frequently ‘he has a life’ and that ‘there’s more to life than football’, you’ve no half accumulated some amount of posts! 

When you get to tens of thousands of posts, it’s time to rethink. Just my opinion obviously. 

Don't you worry. 

Your poundland advice is taken onboard and given the acknowledgement and importance it deserves. 

FWIW I don't think its that Neilson doesn't rate Walker, I think its his inability to last 90 minutes. We saw so many times last season and the season before where Walker comes off the bench and wins us the match to then start the following week and pull a Casper and be invisible. Frustrating in the extreme. 

I would love to keep him because quite frankly I don't rate GMS or Gino in front of goal. Both shit the bed. Walker from 45-90 minutes is a great option and some sort of super sub type role would be amazing. He's got quality in his locker that none of our attacking players possess. 

I'd genuinely be looking to keep him!

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Actually wouldn't be against loaning Arborath various players to try and nudge them towards promotion - Gnando, Roberts, Stone, Halliday :D 

Dick Campbell in the top flight would be some laugh!

Was my thinking. 

Scrap Gnando tho, he ain't helping. 

13 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Not just yours, join the club, it's becoming boring now.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Tbh I haven’t given it much thought. I wouldn’t start JW in any game personally. I prefer a false 9 when Boyce is out as Gnando is not an answer either. Woodburn did ok today too imo hes probably a better option in the false 9 than JW but if it was a choice it would be none of them 

Woodburn was shit today mate.

I never got the dislike of Walker by some.

My main criticism of him was he should really put in some sprint training .It really hinders his game .

16 minutes ago, OTT said:

FWIW I don't think its that Neilson doesn't rate Walker, I think its his inability to last 90 minutes. We saw so many times last season and the season before where Walker comes off the bench and wins us the match to then start the following week and pull a Casper and be invisible. Frustrating in the extreme. 

I would love to keep him because quite frankly I don't rate GMS or Gino in front of goal. Both shit the bed. Walker from 45-90 minutes is a great option and some sort of super sub type role would be amazing. He's got quality in his locker that none of our attacking players possess. 

I'd genuinely be looking to keep him!

Good post.

I really dont rate Gino.

Gms I'd keep.

And Walker

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Don’t bite Gambo few pathetic ones on here.

6 minutes ago, Ked said:

Woodburn was shit today mate.

I never got the dislike of Walker by some.

My main criticism of him was he should really put in some sprint training .It really hinders his game .

Don’t think Woodburn was shite today i think thats a very simplistic and very lazy take on how he played today. Hes an easy target now. 

Walker gets it tight for trying to force in some peoples opinion trying to force his way out to Rangers. I don’t think hes lazy , don’t agree he needs sprint training either that would prob be detrimental to his knees i think. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Don’t think Woodburn was shite today i think thats a very simplistic and very lazy take on how he played today. Hes an easy target now. 

Walker gets it tight for trying to force in some peoples opinion trying to force his way out to Rangers. I don’t think hes lazy , don’t agree he needs sprint training either that would prob be detrimental to his knees i think. 

That's me telt.

😁👍

He offers more than Woodburn. I would be tempted to keep him and punt Woodburn back down the road. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

1 hour ago, sadj said:

This is pretty much what a lot of us have been saying I think and its pretty much spot on imo. Theres games that wont suit him though. Today however i think was the right sub to bring him on

I think he has had a bit of a nightmare with injuries. If playing on the wing it’s easy to go missing . I personally think he always gives 100% and played in the right position is a tremendous asset. 

Definitely a keep  

4 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

I think he has had a bit of a nightmare with injuries. If playing on the wing it’s easy to go missing . I personally think he always gives 100% and played in the right position is a tremendous asset. 

Definitely a keep  

JW is lucky he can still play some of what hes gone through ended my career and still causes me problems. Injuries are to me the reason he cant reach the levels we hoped he would and hope he does when he plays. 

Iv posted heaps on this thread. Not sure iv once said hes not committed etc.

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

**** off 🤣🤣🤣 

Be a boring forum if we all agreed on everything. 

Na mate good points you made.

Hadnt considered Walkers injury versus sprint training.

I dont think I'm being harsh regarding Woodburn the day though.

3 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

So, Walker spent most of the last week having folk write him off, came off the bench today, got himself booked within a minute, and then scored the winner. This Jamie Walker story couldn’t have been any more Jamie Walker.

For the record, I don’t think we should keep him, even after today. He has always had the talent, but he doesn’t show it often enough. He’s always capable of a moment of magic, but his fitness is always questionable, and I don’t think we can afford the luxury of a player whose best role is as a substitute.

He has contributed more than Woodburn, Gnando, Gms this season. Worth another 12 months. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Keep him if he's going to get used from the bench regularly and he's happy with that. 

If he wants more or Bob isn't going to use him, punt him. 

I'd go for the former option. 

If he goes on loan, give him to Arbroath. 

A fit walker, should play at least some part of most matches...imo

Just now, Ked said:

Na mate good points you made.

Hadnt considered Walkers injury versus sprint training.

I dont think I'm being harsh regarding Woodburn the day though.

I watch Woodburn a lot off the ball he looks like he couldnt give a **** at times but he clearly does. He works quite hard and makes good runs , doesnt do enough on the ball though. There was a point first half I commented to a mate that ill bet he gets it tight today as hed just chased someone back into our half and won the ball back then sauntered off as though he had done his bit so its others turns now. Yet what he did was move forward and into space.

Dont get me wrong im not saying we should keep him either I think hes been a let down (bar Dundee Utd) personally but the likes of him n GMS get a hard time that in my opinion its ott

1 hour ago, sadj said:

We only looked like scoring today once Walker, and McEneff, were on the park. Those two and McKay were excellent at the end. 

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Changed the game when he came on along with the atmosphere. Great reception from the fans at the game.

Must be one of the quickest bookings Ive seen when he went in on that Dundee player.

Took his goal well along with the one he didnt get as Collum decided Hearts didnt deserve to play the advantage.

To be fair to him I think Callum played the advantage then we got caught offside so he called it back after Walker stuck it in. Very good refereeing if I’m correct.