Walker off the wage bill in January......? ( merged )

Section Q

2 hours ago, been here before said:

I feel so honoured when you footballing messiahs come down from on high and impart those nuggets of wisdom that us little people, the poor, everyday, uneducated, bread and butter fans just dont understand about the game.

He's right though. 

Twenty minutes against Inverness, QoS etc was Walkers contribution. 

Every time he got a start he was knackered by H/T. 

It was a ridiculous signing and

you don't have to be an expert to realise that. 

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He's right though. 

He's right about something most folk have cimmented in for the last few seasons.

He's absolutely wrong with the patronising shite about it being "an aspect which fans are pretty blind to as they delusionally think defending is not an attackers job. But actually it’s not 1975 any more. In the modern game defending from the front, work rate and pressing is a vital requirement as well as goal threat, to be playing in the front line for Hearts. ".

1 minute ago, been here before said:

He's right about something most folk have cimmented in for the last few seasons.

He's absolutely wrong with the patronising shite about it being "an aspect which fans are pretty blind to as they delusionally think defending is not an attackers job. But actually it’s not 1975 any more. In the modern game defending from the front, work rate and pressing is a vital requirement as well as goal threat, to be playing in the front line for Hearts. ".

Perhaps he could have phrased it better but the point stands imo. 

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

A collection that Messi Woud be proud off. 

Guy is a decent player, he'll do  good job fur another spfl team. 

We are aiming a bit higher tho, we need more physically  able players. 

I'd describe him as an artist at his best whilst admitting his best is in the distant past. That should generate another 20 posts or so.

Whatever his salary, we’re paying too much money for someone who can only play 20 minutes a game. It’s best that he moves in - it’s a shame but that’s football. 

16 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

It was a mistake bringing  him back.

Who brought him back?

16 minutes ago, Zico said:

Whatever his salary, we’re paying too much money for someone who can only play 20 minutes a game. It’s best that he moves in - it’s a shame but that’s football. 

No room for sentiment unfortunately. 

been here before
51 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Perhaps he could have phrased it better but the point stands imo. 

But its a point which no-one has ever disputed despite Pep telling us no one knows about it as we all think its the mid 70s.

52 minutes ago, brux said:

Not sure Woodburn has done any better than Walker would have done if he had had the same game time

Woodburn has been disappointing but surely Walker’s time is up. I very much doubt RN has suddenly decided to freeze him out without reason. His best years are behind him imo. 

5 hours ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣nae doot , tbf to Jamie he does have ability and has contributed to us and for that deserves respect. That aside…..

That aside ? 
that wink ?

if only ?

I really wish him well though , he had so much potential, maybe kick on again🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.     🤞🏻.    Good luck lad 

Wonder if its worth worth dropping Woodburn and giving Walker a chance?

Woodburn isn't our player and hasn't been hugely impressive. Walker knows his next move is down, so will be motivated to try and save his Hearts career (if it is conceivably saveable).

Robbie has said that Walker is training well etc. so given that McEneff has impressed, then I think its only fair to get Walker onto the bench and give him a chance to impress. 

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

He's right though. 

His strike rate for League games is actually better during his 2nd stint is actually better. Incredible given his minutes on the pitch ...

36 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

There’s only one person to blame why Walker hasn’t properly kicked on in his return to Hearts….

Lucifer?
God?

The Baby Jesus?

Mind that time he scored at Parkhead and tried the slidey knee celebration, fell flat right on his puss. Couldn’t even get that right, useless cockwomble.

8 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Don't understand the lack of opportunities for him this season, especially from the bench.  If he'd had the same chance as some players this season he'd have contributed just fine. If he goes to someone like St Johnstone and gets a run he'll do well.

Neilsen has never liked Walker , that has been obvious from the start. He complained about his training and lack of effort. I like Walker and if he goes to a rival he will come back to haunt the Hearts.

Just now, tynie said:

I like Walker and if he goes to a rival he will come back to haunt the Hearts.

What rival would take him/would he go to?

Tennant's  6's

I'm glad that the squad continues to be improved by getting rid of players that aren't good enough.

Walker, Gnando & Brandon leaving in January to free up space and a but of money for better replacements.

Just hope that Gordon & Kingsley stay and maybe we can convince Cochrane & maybe Moore to stay on next season as well. 

Edited by Tennant's 6's

19 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Don't you think Jamie Walker is due a lot more respect that this throwaway headline?

Maybe.....

Heading south to the mighty Wigan and touting himself to Sevco didn't show us much respect. Returning to Hearts with a 3 year contract when there were no other interested parties was a second chance that not too many footballers get. Levein's misjudgement and Walkers' apparent nonchalance and lack of fitness, or his injury haven't been helpful, I admit, but getting him "off the wage bill" allows Savage to sign a new player.  Personally I hope he has a resurgence if he moves to Perth or Livi......

Edited by Section Q

SomethingAboutObua

I know Gnandos bad but it's a bit mental folk are genuinely questioning why a slight, 5'9 midfielder doesn't play more as the target man centre forward role ahead of a 6'4 striker. 

Good luck to him but I honestly think this super sub chat is a bit of a myth? Maybe pre Wigan times he was but I'm struggling to remember him being particularly significant in draws or multiple come from behind wins thanks to him alone.

59 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I know Gnandos bad but it's a bit mental folk are genuinely questioning why a slight, 5'9 midfielder doesn't play more as the target man centre forward role ahead of a 6'4 striker. 

Good luck to him but I honestly think this super sub chat is a bit of a myth? Maybe pre Wigan times he was but I'm struggling to remember him being particularly significant in draws or multiple come from behind wins thanks to him alone.

This season he scored the winner off the bench against Inverness. Last season he scored the winner off the bench against Dunfermline, got us a point with a goal against Morton and scored goals as a sub against Alloa and Ayr. He also scored 8 goals in total last season from 15 starts. He showed enough to deserve the odd chance this season. If he got the multiple opportunities guys like Woodburn have had he'd have more than 2 goals.

11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Obviously there is a reason why Robbie is not playing him and I will have to give Neilson the benefit of doubt as Walker is a decent player and can score goals.  Something is clearly not right.

We have been crying out for him as an impact sub or even him to start in games this season and it seems he was last pick.  I mean ****ing Gnando is ahead of him in the pecking order.

we?

or just you?

WheatfieldWarrior
10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He has probably scored more goals for us than every other member of the squad combined.

I think he's around the 50 goal mark.

10 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

This season he scored the winner off the bench against Inverness. Last season he scored the winner off the bench against Dunfermline, got us a point with a goal against Morton and scored goals as a sub against Alloa and Ayr. He also scored 8 goals in total last season from 15 starts. He showed enough to deserve the odd chance this season. If he got the multiple opportunities guys like Woodburn have had he'd have more than 2 goals.

Haring's a better player in his position than Walker is in his and he finds it difficult to get a start. Walker hasn't shown he's good enough in our present squad. He should leave with our best wishes and the fact we owe him nothing. If I was him I'd take Perth over Livi. Also think he'd do well at Killie.

3 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think he's around the 50 goal mark.

Yeah. Think the rest of squad combined Would be close.

22 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I honestly don't know why he doesn't feature more from the bench at least.The one thing he has is an eye for goal.Folk might not agree but I honestly don't see what Woodburn brings that's any better than Walker.

Ill wager hell score more than woodburn if he goes to St Johnstone or livi,  If woodburn is still here of course??

I suspect we may lose a few in January - Souttar to West ham anyone ??

18 hours ago, OTT said:

Wonder if its worth worth dropping Woodburn and giving Walker a chance?

Woodburn isn't our player and hasn't been hugely impressive. Walker knows his next move is down, so will be motivated to try and save his Hearts career (if it is conceivably saveable).

Robbie has said that Walker is training well etc. so given that McEneff has impressed, then I think its only fair to get Walker onto the bench and give him a chance to impress. 

No!! 

18 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

There’s only one person to blame why Walker hasn’t properly kicked on in his return to Hearts….

Spot on as Clerry said yesterday. A man who knows

17 hours ago, tynie said:

Neilsen has never liked Walker , that has been obvious from the start. He complained about his training and lack of effort. I like Walker and if he goes to a rival he will come back to haunt the Hearts.

What a load of shit , they complain about his training because he thinks hes fit enough and experts tell him he isnt , he then tells them he is. Hes been unlucky with injuries but he will be better off away from us where he might get his career back on track. He doesn’t produce enough now to be a contender to start for us.

15 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Would he? Jamie Walker starting matches would be a good thing would it 🙈

15 hours ago, Section Q said:

Haring's a better player in his position than Walker is in his and he finds it difficult to get a start. Walker hasn't shown he's good enough in our present squad. He should leave with our best wishes and the fact we owe him nothing. If I was him I'd take Perth over Livi. Also think he'd do well at Killie.

👍🏻👌🏻

1 hour ago, Drumjambo said:

Ill wager hell score more than woodburn if he goes to St Johnstone or livi,  If woodburn is still here of course??

I suspect we may lose a few in January - Souttar to West ham anyone ??

Would totally agree.I reckon he would have had 5 or 6 more coming off the bench for us than we already have this season

11 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Walker and Woodburn out

new striker in 

Still have GMS, Gino and Mckay. If needs be, Boyce or McEneff can play as a 10

Add Gnando to that.

Wonder if we could do a swap deal with St Johnstone for Rooney. Both players on loan to the end of the season and pre contracts signed in January? 

Be nice to get something out of his leaving if that is indeed the plan. 

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Omeonga for Walker

The thing that bothers me about Omeonga is why on earth he’s ended up at Livi. Makes me wonder if he’s got something in the background, a personal issue or attitude problem or even if he’s one of these players that seem to play well against us but doesn’t do it week in week out. 

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The thing that bothers me about Omeonga is why on earth he’s ended up at Livi. Makes me wonder if he’s got something in the background, a personal issue or attitude problem or even if he’s one of these players that seem to play well against us but doesn’t do it week in week out. 

Maybe he just wanted to live in Livi. ......Maybe not though.😀

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Maybe he just wanted to live in Livi. ......Maybe not though.😀

They have got a discount La Coste shop tbf. 

Edited by GinRummy

Hi Section Q, That's quite the headline you have going there. Why not, Walker going out on lone, then the question mark? Off the wage bill? WTF is going on with this place. 

Edited by niblick1874

Walkers level was last season, that's not being unkind towards the guy, it's just the truth. For his sake he really should look for a move, if he wants to play first team football.

Wish him nothing but the best but it's time to move on.

Of the two mentioned I hope he goes to Perth. Better pitch and less chance of relegation.

2 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Hi Section Q, That's quite the headline you have going there. Why not, Walker going out on lone, then the question mark? Off the wage bill? WTF is going on with this place. 

I think the question is are you ok? 

JW should be off the wage bill , as discussed by many on here its his own fault and nobody else’s. If he goes out on loan he’d still be off the Wage Bill enough to bring someone better in or its pointless.

19 minutes ago, sadj said:

I think the question is are you ok? 

JW should be off the wage bill , as discussed by many on here its his own fault and nobody else’s. If he goes out on loan he’d still be off the Wage Bill enough to bring someone better in or its pointless.

He outdone A hack by coming out with a more derogatory headline aimed at a Hearts player than the hack did. I have puled him up for that and at the same time pointed out that the likes of you on here think that is a good thing to do. 

Sadly, I think his time is up. Really nice guy and was a hot prospect once upon a time.

If he does go, wish him nothing but the best for him.

He's not good enough for where we want to be. it's a shame considering how good he was when he was young and before injuries took his pace.

Scored some great goals but he's just not fit enough.

He'll probably be one of our higher earners as well. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Walker off the wage bill in January......? ( merged )