Walker off the wage bill in January......? ( merged )

Section Q

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously there is a reason why Robbie is not playing him and I will have to give Neilson the benefit of doubt as Walker is a decent player and can score goals.  Something is clearly not right.

We have been crying out for him as an impact sub or even him to start in games this season and it seems he was last pick.  I mean ****ing Gnando is ahead of him in the pecking order.

10 hours ago, Skivingatwork said:

Would make sense. He’s not featured at all lately and there are a number of players ahead of him in the pecking order.

Putting himself in the shop window........

Can offer a lot to these teams and I think he can get goals to hurt teams around us up the table. Can definitely see him getting a couple goals against the wee team 

Livi may be keen, but doubt Jamie’s knees will!! Doubt if he would be able to train & play on their Astro on a regular basis.

Edited by 2205ian
Additional comment re training & game time

Shame as I really like JW but if he’s not even making the bench then for his own careers sake he needs to move on. No idea what’s gone on but good luck to the lad

Don't understand the lack of opportunities for him this season, especially from the bench.  If he'd had the same chance as some players this season he'd have contributed just fine. If he goes to someone like St Johnstone and gets a run he'll do well.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Don't understand the lack of opportunities for him this season, especially from the bench.  If he'd had the same chance as some players this season he'd have contributed just fine. If he goes to someone like St Johnstone and gets a run he'll do well.

would have given him game time over Gnando. Just a better player 

30 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Obviously there is a reason why Robbie is not playing him and I will have to give Neilson the benefit of doubt as Walker is a decent player and can score goals.  Something is clearly not right.

We have been crying out for him as an impact sub or even him to start in games this season and it seems he was last pick.  I mean ****ing Gnando is ahead of him in the pecking order.

He should be on the pitch ahead of Gnando, every time.

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Agree with this.  Always tricky cos we aint at training each day but on the face of things, there have been games this season which you'd think called out for Jamie.  He's the best finisher at the club imo.  Really hoped he'd have a resurrection type season this year

guess the positive if he goes to St J or similar is he may well have an impact against our league rivals but can't play against us

5 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Spot on Bob

been here before

Its been the elephant in the room all season as to why he's not even made the bench, theres been games he could easily have been used.

If theres something going on behind the scenes or at training then fair enough but there must have been times when he must have wondered what he had to do to even make the subs bench.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
47 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Walker off the wage bill in January?

Don't you think Jamie Walker is due a lot more respect that this throwaway headline?

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

Its been the elephant in the room all season as to why he's not even made the bench, theres been games he could easily have been used.

If theres something going on behind the scenes or at training then fair enough but there must have been times when he must have wondered what he had to do to even make the subs bench.

He was on the bench last week. 

No disrespect to Walker, but we have better player in the squad ahead of him.  

10 minutes ago, been here before said:

Again correct 

Pasquale for King

Can’t see him wanting to play on that pitch at Livi so off to Perth it is, can’t see them paying his full wage though. 

I imagine his attitude is a bit off due to the fact he has been on the sidelines and watched some of the worst so called strikers and wingers get a game for us.

Robbie went out his way to praise his attitude a few weeks ago, saying he's training hard and being patient. I think he's just made his mind up on him that he doesn't want him going forward.

Kind of a cautionary tale about forcing a move. Agent filled his head with Rangers nonsense. Burned his bridges with a lot of supporters, Rangers didn’t want to pay the asking price and backed out then his form went when he went down south. He’s not recovered since and it’s cost him massively.

15/16 he was absolutely flying. Wish more youngsters would learn and work with the club to sort out a move instead of getting greedy and running down their contract. We’re not going to deliberately stand in the way of our players ambitions like Celtic/ Rangers do by demanding ridiculous fees, just fair value. 

8 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Robbie went out his way to praise his attitude a few weeks ago, saying he's training hard and being patient. I think he's just made his mind up on him that he doesn't want him going forward.

I therefore can't begin to understand some of the dross he plays ahead if him then. There is simply no excuse for playing Gnando let alone ahead of Walker. 

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I imagine his attitude is a bit off due to the fact he has been on the sidelines and watched some of the worst so called strikers and wingers get a game for us.

Or he acts as if he's better than the majority of the players but isn't willing to put in the required effort to show it...

Some of those players in front of him in the pecking order include Woodburn, GMS and Gnando - personally I would have Walker ahead of them any day of the week. Would much rather see Woodburn and Gnando punted in January to be honest.

1 minute ago, Arfur said:

Some of those players in front of him in the pecking order include Woodburn, GMS and Gnando - personally I would have Walker ahead of them any day of the week. Would much rather see Woodburn and Gnando punted in January to be honest.

Even last year Wighton. Was Kastaneer not there same time too?

:vrface:

He has probably scored more goals for us than every other member of the squad combined.

Edited by i8hibsh

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Livingston's an easier commute. But playing on their pitch, will knacker him. 

Think, in all honesty, the problem with Jamie is to a certain extent he is already knackered, and was before he originally left us. The problem he has with bone regrowing somehwere behind his knee will never correct itself and he isn't the same player he was first time round at Tynecastle. Could we maybe still get a good half or half an hour out of him, maybe but truth is that it might be better looking at other options.

26 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Probably this - the team has to evolve. 

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I therefore can't begin to understand some of the dross he plays ahead if him then. There is simply no excuse for playing Gnando let alone ahead of Walker. 

Very different types of players tbf and Gnando has come on to good effect against both sides of OF this season but DUtd.  Not saying he's great, just he's a different kind of option.

That doesn't mean you're wrong, like!!!

Positionally I think Jamie should have been developed yeeeeaaars ago as a CF.  He's better than the likes of Cummings and has ability like Griffiths, but there was this fashion at Hearts that we wanted to develop these number 10 type players which was en vogue with Barca etc.  Always think Jamie could and should have been a great CF.  Think of guys like Chris Kane, Eamon Brophy etc.  Jamie is a step up from them but I just think kind of played the wrong position where he needed to be more aggressive etc.  Having him up there and his only job to be to score and cause bother on the ball would suit him very well

4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Think, in all honesty, the problem with Jamie is to a certain extent he is already knackered, and was before he originally left us. The problem he has with bone regrowing somehwere behind his knee will never correct itself and he isn't the same player he was first time round at Tynecastle. Could we maybe still get a good half or half an hour out of him, maybe but truth is that it might be better looking at other options.

Osgood Schlatter is horrible.  Had it bad as a teen (really curtailed my own footballing at the time) and still get sore knees now at 41.  Really debilitating if you have it bad.  At the time, one of the treatments was 6 months in a full leg cast!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Livingston's an easier commute. But playing on any pitch for more than 5minutes , will knacker him. 

Ftfy

How many times has he featured this season and how many have been starts vs. off the bench?

I too am surprised at his absence and the lack of explanation for it. I think he still had value to offer - at least as a very useful impact sub - before he was deselected seemingly permanently. 

He's not very good, his attitude stinks, he doesn't run, the manager & coaching staff see him every day.

Hope he leaves and never comes back.

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Spot on Bob

🤣🤣nae doot , tbf to Jamie he does have ability and has contributed to us and for that deserves respect. That aside…..

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Shame as I really like JW but if he’s not even making the bench then for his own careers sake he needs to move on. No idea what’s gone on but good luck to the lad

Agree, would like to have seen him and McKay together but probably time to move on and let McAneff and Pollock their chance

Don't know his salary, before the pedants pounce, but it's bound to be too much for a 20 minute cameo sub. Even when he was used as such.

Free up the wage asap and redirect it toward a new signing.

Nothing against Jamie but it's time to move on for both parties, imo.

Hope he goes nowhere near Livingston and that disgrace of a playing surface.  The sooner they are relegated the better.

Berra than you

Not entirely sure why people are surprised by his lack of minutes. Neilson was reluctant to give him starts last season. He then became a bit of an impact sub, but everytime neilson then started him he was completely anonymous. Since brora he can't have played more than 120 minutes. It's clear the manager was sceptical about him last season, and even more so post brora. Further highlighted by signing Woodburn and McKay in the summer. 

I wish him well when he goes. I agree with others that at times this season he could have offered more that others when they are off form, but ultimately he is the worst of a good group of attackers. I will add that Neilson as a manager got the very best of Walker, and the fact he can't this time around probably says alot about how Walker is not the same player this time around.

A_A wehatethehibs

Unfortunately, it was the same as Berra basically.

Levein gave Jamie a big fat 3 year contract on a top wage, without doing the due diligence on his fitness. 

If you take out Jamie’s former association and previous good form with us, and you just look at that m signing in isolation? A crock Wigan reserve who couldn’t get a game for them was given a big fat 3 year deal at Hearts? Just another mistake along with 100 others from Levein. A garbage football manager and garbage director of football who badly misspent our resources for years. I don’t blame Jamie for taking the deal, it was as good as he was ever going to get and would not have got anywhere near that at any other club. 

Didn’t take Neilson long to suss out that Jamie didn’t meet the minimum physical / athletic requirements needed to play for a big club these days. IMO the penny dropped when Jamie disappeared against both Hibs and Celtic in the cup games at Hampden, where guys like even Olly Lee, Aidy White and Wighton made bigger contributions to those games outshining Jamie. And obviously Ginelly who transformed us Vs Celtic when subbed on for Jamie (should have started ahead of Jamie) These lesser guys were all launched by last summer and Jamie really should have gone as well but stayed for the money. Hearts need players who can run hard for 90 minutes and press to stop opposition counter attacks. But Jamie just let’s defenders, full backs and midfielders run past him and the opposition get out and up the pitch to attack us. He is useless at helping his team mates. It’s an aspect which fans are pretty blind to as they delusionally think defending is not an attackers job. But actually it’s not 1975 any more. In the modern game defending from the front, work rate and pressing is a vital requirement as well as goal threat, to be playing in the front line for Hearts. 

2 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Don't you think Jamie Walker is due a lot more respect that this throwaway headline?

Not really, why, do you?

been here before
14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

But Jamie just let’s defenders, full backs and midfielders run past him and the opposition get out and up the pitch to attack us. He is useless at helping his team mates. It’s an aspect which fans are pretty blind to as they delusionally think defending is not an attackers job. But actually it’s not 1975 any more. In the modern game defending from the front, work rate and pressing is a vital requirement as well as goal threat, to be playing in the front line for Hearts. 

I feel so honoured when you footballing messiahs come down from on high and impart those nuggets of wisdom that us little people, the poor, everyday, uneducated, bread and butter fans just dont understand about the game.

Edited by been here before

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, been here before said:

I feel so honoured when you footballing messiahs come down from on high and impart those nuggets of wisdom that us little people, the poor, everyday, uneducated, bread and butter fans just dont understand about the game.

The point being, everyone just quotes “but walkers scored x number of goals for us!” Without looking at the number of abject defeats he has played in and as I’ve said, simply allowed full backs, defenders and midfielders to run past him and put Hearts on the back foot. That aspect of his game gets ignored by fans because he has scored goals in the past. It doesn’t get ignored by Neilson. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

• davemclaren changed the title to Walker off the wage bill in January......? ( merged )