Walker off the wage bill in January......? ( merged )

Section Q

10 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Not trying to say Walker is the answer to all our prayers but the simple question I would be asking myself if I was Robbie, is does J walker offer a better chance of scoring than Gnando or even Woodburn for that matter? I believe the answer is yes, just my opinion, I might be wrong, but I think he could have potentially turned a couple of those draws into wins this season, the game against ICT in the league cup groups this season proved that if our strikers aren't doing it, J walker has the ability to win us a game of football, I know people will say ICT are a championship club, yes agreed, however is there really much difference between them and the bottom six sides in the spl? I don't believe there is tbh, would have just liked to have seen him get a little bit more of a chance this year but as others have said he is probably on the way out in January.

He also missed a sitter that was up there with Boyce’s on Sunday in that game. Thats conveniently forgotten by posters referencing that game. Saying they are a Champ team is bollox though so anyone using that as an argument against him. As you say they are no different to lower Prem teams. 

Aside from that it is a difficult question but in terms of work rate Jamie struggles to be at the levels of others and Id say thats more down to his body than anything else which I can sympathise with. People who say hes lazy are at it too as thats not true either. 

As I said earlier in the thread people who are related to him have been very honest about his situation on here and aren’t popping at the club or Robbie as others are.  Its also fair I think to say we need someone who although on the bench could be a potential starter , right now and for where we want to be I don’t think thats Jamie

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, barcajambo said:

If your going to criticise people for the pedestal that fans have Jamie Walker on you would be better getting your figures right.  He scored 7 in the championship last season, if I remember correctly quite a few won us the points when we were struggling for a goal yet you would bring Woodburn, Halliday and McEneff on before him despite all 3 combined having less goals this season than him last season.  Sure he was our 2nd top scorer last season and 2nd for assists too.

If you are going to use last season and this as a comparison. Probably do it with McEneffs goals per minutes v Walkers for last season. You’d have scored 7 in the championship last season 😉

Whole thing is a moot argument though. Stats will always tell you what you want them to tell you. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

If you are going to use last season and this as a comparison. Probably do it with McEneffs goals per minutes v Walkers for last season. You’d have scored 7 in the championship last season 😉

Whole thing is a moot argument though. Stats will always tell you what you want them to tell you. 

This 👍

9 hours ago, barcajambo said:

If your going to criticise people for the pedestal that fans have Jamie Walker on you would be better getting your figures right.  He scored 7 in the championship last season, if I remember correctly quite a few won us the points when we were struggling for a goal yet you would bring Woodburn, Halliday and McEneff on before him despite all 3 combined having less goals this season than him last season.  Sure he was our 2nd top scorer last season and 2nd for assists too.

Aye..... In the Championship!

Which as we can all see, is an absolutely shite league that we should have won by a far bigger margin than we did if it wasn't for most teams treating our games as cup finals, throwing 11 men behind the ball and defending like their lives depended on it. 

Look at Shankland - scored a ridiculous amount of goals down there, even talked his way into a Scotland call-up (where he was promptly found out and never asked back), comes up to the Prem and absolutely shits the bed. Nisbet has scored a few for Hibs but he's not scored so many that I wish we'd signed him. 

These are guys who were scoring week in, week out down in the Championship and topping the scoring tables by a long way. We had it with Dennis Wyness ourselves who was scoring for fun for Inverness and often getting 15-20 goals a season - I think he got about five a season for us. 

The Scottish Championship is absolutely horrendous. I'm pretty confident that even if I went up front myself for Hearts last season that I'd have managed a goal or two. 

As someone else has said above, all moot, because stats only tell part of the story. The crux of the whole argument is that Walker is not at the level we require right now and that's all that matters. 

Edited by Batistuta87

22 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye..... In the Championship!

Which as we can all see, is an absolutely shite league that we should have won by a far bigger margin than we did if it wasn't for most teams treating our games as cup finals, throwing 11 men behind the ball and defending like their lives depended on it. 

Look at Shankland - scored a ridiculous amount of goals down there, even talked his way into a Scotland call-up (where he was promptly found out and never asked back), comes up to the Prem and absolutely shits the bed. Nisbet has scored a few for Hibs but he's not scored so many that I wish we'd signed him. 

These are guys who were scoring week in, week out down in the Championship and topping the scoring tables by a long way. We had it with Dennis Wyness ourselves who was scoring for fun for Inverness and often getting 15-20 goals a season - I think he got about five a season for us. 

The Scottish Championship is absolutely horrendous. I'm pretty confident that even if I went up front myself for Hearts last season that I'd have managed a goal or two. 

As someone else has said above, all moot, because stats only tell part of the story. The crux of the whole argument is that Walker is not at the level we require right now and that's all that matters. 

Neither is ginelly or Woodburn  but they keep getting chances 

3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Naw he didnae 😂😂😂

He re-posted their "advent" photo of him. 

It says underneath 15th December because that's what date it is today. 

Sorry pal and to others for misleading then. At first I thought it was a wind up then I seen it was from RR and I thought they were announcing JW as a Christmas signing so to speak. Maybe the McGlynn, Darren Murray and Berra connection also factored in to my analogy and lead me to believe that's what was happening. Teaches me not to assume things by having quick looks on social media. Suits that strip though to be fair lol

29 minutes ago, jambocub said:

They create though. Ginnelly was one of the best players on the park against Rangers apart from getting sent off. He ran at them, he took players on, he got down the wing and he generally used his pace and skill to be a nuisance to their defenders. Walker would never do any of that. 

Woodburn has been disappointing the last couple of games but if you watch him, you just know he's a good footballer and that he's capable of a magic moment. He moves the ball around well, he's intelligent, his vision is probably the best in the team, he'll have a shot from distance unlike anyone else. His wee flicks and one-two's with McKay are an absolute joy to watch - he just needs to get involved more.

Don't know why he's not been showing it the last couple of games - I've heard he's struggling to shift an illness - but you just know there's a player in there. So again, I would rather persevere with Woodburn in the hope that he produces one of these moment or that he uses his skill and pace to beat a man on the wing and whip it into the box - again something Walker isn't capable of. 

19 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Sorry pal and to others for misleading then. At first I thought it was a wind up then I seen it was from RR and I thought they were announcing JW as a Christmas signing so to speak. Maybe the McGlynn, Darren Murray and Berra connection also factored in to my analogy and lead me to believe that's what was happening. Teaches me not to assume things by having quick looks on social media. Suits that strip though to be fair lol

Easy done! 

In all fairness, I wouldn't be too surprised if he did end up at someone like RR, Dunfermline or whoever goes down from the Prem this season (my money being on Ross County). I think he'll go to Livi on loan in Jan, but ultimately they'll decide against signing him permanently and he'll drop down to the Championship. 

30 minutes ago, jambocub said:

They are both players who could force their way into starting every week that in itself is an upgrade on JW. Sadly thats where he is at and therefore behind them in the pecking order. This is not difficult to understand. 😑

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

They create though. Ginnelly was one of the best players on the park against Rangers apart from getting sent off. He ran at them, he took players on, he got down the wing and he generally used his pace and skill to be a nuisance to their defenders. Walker would never do any of that. 

Woodburn has been disappointing the last couple of games but if you watch him, you just know he's a good footballer and that he's capable of a magic moment. He moves the ball around well, he's intelligent, his vision is probably the best in the team, he'll have a shot from distance unlike anyone else. His wee flicks and one-two's with McKay are an absolute joy to watch - he just needs to get involved more.

Don't know why he's not been showing it the last couple of games - I've heard he's struggling to shift an illness - but you just know there's a player in there. So again, I would rather persevere with Woodburn in the hope that he produces one of these moment or that he uses his skill and pace to beat a man on the wing and whip it into the box - again something Walker isn't capable of. 

👍🏻crazy that people think JW of 2021 has a bigger potential upside than players ahead of him. 

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

They've got 4 assists between them it's no a lot to be honest

Easy done! 

In all fairness, I wouldn't be too surprised if he did end up at someone like RR, Dunfermline or whoever goes down from the Prem this season (my money being on Ross County). I think he'll go to Livi on loan in Jan, but ultimately they'll decide against signing him permanently and he'll drop down to the Championship. 

On 14/12/2021 at 06:59, Section Q said:

Broken record.....

Wrong. It's not a broken record. It's an unanswered question. Answer the question. Why did you not just put up the headline from the hack. Why did you, instead, come up with, and then put up, a derogatory headline aimed at a Hearts player.  

13 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned I can just see loads of typical jkb bickering, seemingly Livi want to sign him in January.

Would be a decent move for him. Don’t really understand why certain players can get injured more on plastic pitches but that aside, it’s a move to another top flight club and gives him the chance to shine. 

6 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Sorry but I just DON'T know there's a player in there - if there is I've seen little sign of it despite the amount of game time he's had.  One half decent game and that's it.  He did score two goals but, with one of them at least, Joel Perreira might have saved it.

If he's struggling with an illness he maybe should not be on the field!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

We’ve used a variety of subs from 60-70 mins this season and I refuse to believe we would have had a worse return from walker than we’ve had from our other subs.

That having been said he clearly doesn’t fit into current plans. We can agree or disagree about this but if this is right the key is that if he doesn’t we move him on in January and replace him with somebody better.

In my daft head I look at our squad and say to myself if we loan or transfer Walker and Gnando and return Ben Woodburn we can bring in two new attackers and also bring Henderson back as new options for second half of season.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Sorry but I just DON'T know there's a player in there - if there is I've seen little sign of it despite the amount of game time he's had.  One half decent game and that's it.  He did score two goals but, with one of them at least, Joel Perreira might have saved it.

If he's struggling with an illness he maybe should not be on the field!

Like I say, its the little things he does - flicks, short passes, little details and little moments that go largely unnoticed. Needs to contribute more to big moments though. 

Edited by Batistuta87

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Would be a decent move for him. Don’t really understand why certain players can get injured more on plastic pitches but that aside, it’s a move to another top flight club and gives him the chance to shine. 

Livi and another team in the top flight have apparently enquired. I think he’ll go with everyone’s best wishes.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Livi and another team in the top flight have apparently enquired. I think he’ll go with everyone’s best wishes.

St Johnstone.

17 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Wrong. It's not a broken record. It's an unanswered question. Answer the question. Why did you not just put up the headline from the hack. Why did you, instead, come up with, and then put up, a derogatory headline aimed at a Hearts player.  

Oh Deary me.......!

3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Like I say, its the little things he does - flicks, short passes, little details and little moments that go largely unnoticed. Needs to contribute more to big moments though. 

His little moments lead to nothing.

He quite simply does not influence the game in any positive manner - or at least not that I've seen.

Quite frankly most of the time he's fairly anonymous.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

His little moments lead to nothing.

He quite simply does not influence the game in any positive manner - or at least not that I've seen.

Quite frankly most of the time he's fairly anonymous.

Absolutely spot on mate.  But these two think he was one of our best players against Rangers 🤣

Various suggestions why he isn’t playing and I don’t know the answer and I’m not a massive Walker fan (find his body language hard to deal with at times) however what I categorically know is Jamie Walker is a far better player than Gnando and arguably would give us more than GMS and Woodburn therefore Neilson should be man enough to say why and not hide behind the pathetic excuses he’s using of not playing the boy. 

6 hours ago, red said:

Various suggestions why he isn’t playing and I don’t know the answer and I’m not a massive Walker fan (find his body language hard to deal with at times) however what I categorically know is Jamie Walker is a far better player than Gnando and arguably would give us more than GMS and Woodburn therefore Neilson should be man enough to say why and not hide behind the pathetic excuses he’s using of not playing the boy. 

Spot on.  As for body language, that's just Jamie.  He's still as enthusiastic and competitive at training.  Regardless of what his future holds, he would and could have influenced games as a sub, much better than the three mentioned, especially Gnando.

Wonder how many people will now say Jamie should stay 

For me always said he is a great player been unlucky with injuries but he knows how to finish. 

Happy to see him playing hopefully he can turn it around 

6 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Wonder how many people will now say Jamie should stay 

For me always said he is a great player been unlucky with injuries but he knows how to finish. 

Happy to see him playing hopefully he can turn it around 

Played well today.

Fitzroy Pointon

Amazing how things change. Earlier in the season we would have said he was surplus to requirements. Now, without a decent striker and midfielders who seem scared to pull the trigger, we see him as our only option for unlocking teams. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Walker off the wage bill in January......? ( merged )

Happy to say I may well have been wrong and he possibly still has a role at the club, coming off the bench.

Maybe offer him another year and see what happens.

So, Walker spent most of the last week having folk write him off, came off the bench today, got himself booked within a minute, and then scored the winner. This Jamie Walker story couldn’t have been any more Jamie Walker.

For the record, I don’t think we should keep him, even after today. He has always had the talent, but he doesn’t show it often enough. He’s always capable of a moment of magic, but his fitness is always questionable, and I don’t think we can afford the luxury of a player whose best role is as a substitute.

Captain Lithuania
6 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

Walker just did a Craig Gordon Today, well done son...

Please explain the comparison between an absolute Hearts legend in Craig Gordon and Jamie Walker?

He’s done well today to come on and get the winner but this is some take. 

:cornette:

He’s got his flaws, he cant play 90mins, we would possibly all agree we maybe want to aim higher, but to suggest he should get less game time than GMS or Woodburn is ludicrous. 

2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Happy to say I may well have been wrong and he possibly still has a role at the club, coming off the bench.

Maybe offer him another year and see what happens.

Not for one moment do I think Walker should be sold 

He is different to anything else and y be suited to a number 10 role. This isn’t based on today Walker is a great player possibly the most skilful at the club 

keep 

Just now, Doc Rob said:

So, Walker spent most of the last week having folk write him off, came off the bench today, got himself booked within a minute, and then scored the winner. This Jamie Walker story couldn’t have been any more Jamie Walker.

For the record, I don’t think we should keep him, even after today. He has always had the talent, but he doesn’t show it often enough. He’s always capable of a moment of magic, but his fitness is always questionable, and I don’t think we can afford the luxury of a player whose best role is as a substitute.

What a substitute that scores goals?

1 minute ago, airdriejambo3 said:

Walker and McKay look like an interesting proposition for any opponents, certainly better than Gnado and Woodburn.

Not like me to say something like this but I wouldn't care if those 2 never pull on a Hearts strip again.

I hope the guy who telt me on the stair case at Motherwell Jamie Walker is never good enough to wear the jersey is on here tonight ! Il tell you again as I did then your talkin pish !

Well done on Jamie’s goal today and hopefully we,ll be seeing more of him 

Captain Lithuania
Just now, jambocub said:

What a substitute that scores goals?

If this is the measuring stick then we should definitely keep Gnanduillet. He’s scored off the bench this season too. 

🤦‍♂️

Tennant's  6's
2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Delighted for him, such talent.

He's alright,  on the rare occasion when he's on his game,  but not that great, even by Scottish football standards.

Important goal tbf, might improve his chances of a decent loan move in Jan to help take points off of our direct rivals,  assumimg JS can bring in better quality.

2 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

If this is the measuring stick then we should definitely keep Gnanduillet. He’s scored off the bench this season too. 

🤦‍♂️

Given how many times gnanduillet come of the bench he's no scored enough

airdriejambo3
2 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Not like me to say something like this but I wouldn't care if those 2 never pull on a Hearts strip again.

Genuinely wondered why you'd want Walker and McKay never to play again, then I thought your username checked out , then I realised you meant the other 2 huddies. 🙂