Walker off the wage bill in January......? ( merged )

Section Q

Clever to move him on to a St J or Livi on loan, hopefully he will help to take some points off teams in the league, whilst unable to play us..

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

He outdone A hack by coming out with a more derogatory headline aimed at a Hearts player than the hack did. I have puled him up for that and at the same time pointed out that the likes of you on here think that is a good thing to do. 

Likes of me 🤣 , aye me n Q are besties 🤣 **** me 🤣 Outdone a hack ffs have a word with yourself , JKB has a lot worse posted on it than Q’s thread title…..

Jamie Walker is not at the level we want players to be. If hes off the wage bill in Jan good for us and tbh him too. Theres people on here related to him and they aren’t losing their shit about a thread as you are. 

46 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

He's not good enough for where we want to be. it's a shame considering how good he was when he was young and before injuries took his pace.

Scored some great goals but he's just not fit enough.

He'll probably be one of our higher earners as well. 

Id say thats all fair (wages aside as I have no idea - would make sense though) 

On 08/12/2021 at 13:12, OTT said:

Kind of a cautionary tale about forcing a move. Agent filled his head with Rangers nonsense. Burned his bridges with a lot of supporters, Rangers didn’t want to pay the asking price and backed out then his form went when he went down south. He’s not recovered since and it’s cost him massively.

15/16 he was absolutely flying. Wish more youngsters would learn and work with the club to sort out a move instead of getting greedy and running down their contract. We’re not going to deliberately stand in the way of our players ambitions like Celtic/ Rangers do by demanding ridiculous fees, just fair value. 

A motivated fit Walker would play for any team in the SPL 

but yes he's his worst enemy himself.

Good footballer, balloon off the pitch.

When he's older will have a lot to regret. 

10 hours ago, sadj said:

Likes of me 🤣 , aye me n Q are besties 🤣 **** me 🤣 Outdone a hack ffs have a word with yourself , JKB has a lot worse posted on it than Q’s thread title…..

Jamie Walker is not at the level we want players to be. If hes off the wage bill in Jan good for us and tbh him too. Theres people on here related to him and they aren’t losing their shit about a thread as you are. 

Cheers Sadj...........The title of the thread just happened to be in my line of thought at the time. No apologies though, for those of the thin skinned fraternity who display the shock and awe.......!

I've spoken to Walker a couple of times and found him quite easy going, but he's done very little for the club since his return. And you can add him to Levein's long list of follies, from Cathro to Damour. And let's not forget the Czech guy who played for only a few minutes before Levein made a spectacle of him in the press. 

On 08/12/2021 at 21:28, tynie said:

Neilsen has never liked Walker , that has been obvious from the start. He complained about his training and lack of effort. I like Walker and if he goes to a rival he will come back to haunt the Hearts.

spot on a lazy **** but a football player.

35 minutes ago, sadj said:

Id say thats all fair (wages aside as I have no idea - would make sense though) 

Not close to Haliday who is dug sh*t.

15 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Hi Section Q, That's quite the headline you have going there. Why not, Walker going out on lone, then the question mark? Off the wage bill? WTF is going on with this place. 

You're welcome. Let's hope the money wasted on Walker is better spent on his replacement..

1 hour ago, bawheed said:

Why is Jamie Walker a balloon off the pitch? Always seems like a quiet dude to me.

12 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Why is Jamie Walker a balloon off the pitch? Always seems like a quiet dude to me.

Going to a Rangers match with a Rangers scarf on when still a Hearts player!!!

20 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Hi Section Q, That's quite the headline you have going there. Why not, Walker going out on lone, then the question mark? Off the wage bill? WTF is going on with this place. 

Do you think he is the " Lone Ranger " at Hearts?

15 hours ago, Section Q said:

You're welcome. Let's hope the money wasted on Walker is better spent on his replacement..

Why did you not just post the link to the story instead of coming out with the headline you did?

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, bawheed said:

Why is he a balloon of the pitch? 

2 hours ago, bawheed said:

Not convinced that was ever 100% proved to be him, although the picture certainly resembled him. 

Didn’t do Paul Hartley any harm going to Celtic games as and when he could whilst he was a Hearts player although his stock and contribution was a lot higher than Walker’s has ever been.

I think Walker was a bit of an erse as a laddie and I don’t think he was the best most dedicated and healthy athlete he could have been, but I’ve never heard of him stoating about up the town making a regular Riordanesque **** of himself. Seems to be a quiet family man in fact.

Id have him in the match day squad ahead of GMS if both were fit, all day long

Edited by JimmyCant

3 hours ago, bawheed said:

This has been done to death but it wasn't him. It was a teenage boy who looked surprisingly like him but it wasn't Jamie Walker.

I've done the whole photo breakdown too many times on here already so I'm not doing it again. But whatever else Walker did, he didn't go to Ibrox with a Rangers scarf.

On 08/12/2021 at 12:58, i8hibsh said:

I imagine his attitude is a bit off due to the fact he has been on the sidelines and watched some of the worst so called strikers and wingers get a game for us.

The guy can sometimes be a super sub who knows where the net is, and he's a Jambo.  How some are in front of him is confusing.

31 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

This has been done to death but it wasn't him. It was a teenage boy who looked surprisingly like him but it wasn't Jamie Walker.

I've done the whole photo breakdown too many times on here already so I'm not doing it again. But whatever else Walker did, he didn't go to Ibrox with a Rangers scarf.

The ears were the proof if I recall correctly. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The ears were the proof if I recall correctly. 

Yes, although there were other differences which won't just be changes in camera angle or haircut.

43 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

The guy can sometimes be a super sub who knows where the net is, and he's a Jambo.  How some are in front of him is confusing.

Confusing? Really? 

Just now, Birregrande said:

Well, what would you say? 

If he could last more than 30minutes and not look scared to go into a challenge I'd agree but he's just not the player he was.

Just now, Birregrande said:

Well, what would you say? 

I’d say the same thing I always say about him. He is nowhere near the level we need anymore and the players we have including GMS , Gino and McEneff are in front of him because they are nearer the level

we require. For his sake and ours him being away would be a better solution than the people on here who think hes the answer to  everything. Is he reliable off the bench - no , can he produce off the bench - absolutely , will he - who knows. Thats not where we need to be. His back issue and fitness arguments haven’t helped but a parting of the ways won’t weaken us imo. To say its confusing how others get ahead of him is confusing 😉

4 minutes ago, Steak said:

If he could last more than 30minutes and not look scared to go into a challenge I'd agree but he's just not the player he was.

More succinct than me 

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Do you think he is the " Lone Ranger " at Hearts?

Yes. Are you with someone? 

12 minutes ago, sadj said:

I’d say the same thing I always say about him. He is nowhere near the level we need anymore and the players we have including GMS , Gino and McEneff are in front of him because they are nearer the level

we require. For his sake and ours him being away would be a better solution than the people on here who think hes the answer to  everything. Is he reliable off the bench - no , can he produce off the bench - absolutely , will he - who knows. Thats not where we need to be. His back issue and fitness arguments haven’t helped but a parting of the ways won’t weaken us imo. To say its confusing how others get ahead of him is confusing 😉

Thanks for getting back to me and taking my point seriously. I'm going to read and digest what you've said here - I worry about GMS [who I like] is almost too fragile, but yes, you are right possibly about the others. It's one of those, "I feel it in my bones get Jamie on" type of things. I can't defend it in a logical argument :-)

1 hour ago, Birregrande said:

Thanks for getting back to me and taking my point seriously. I'm going to read and digest what you've said here - I worry about GMS [who I like] is almost too fragile, but yes, you are right possibly about the others. It's one of those, "I feel it in my bones get Jamie on" type of things. I can't defend it in a logical argument 🙂

Football fans and logic don’t go together tbf. 

I think when we have our maroon specs on we expect Jamie of around 2014 to turn up.  (For the fans who haven’t an opinion based on the Rangers stuff etc) He does occasionally and that keeps that romantic notion there. However I think for reasons that have been discussed thats the exception now as opposed to the rule. For us to get where we want we need better and for him to try and get back on track with his career the split would be better. 

GMS can be fragile but Id argue what he offers is greater than Jamie can offer now. GMS gets it tight and imo often unfairly. 

I don’t necessarily agree Walker doesn’t get stuck into tackles either. He can but again his consistency is not there and a run of games I don’t think would improve that. 

Jambo_jim2001
5 hours ago, sadj said:

Why?

Maroon tinted glasses mate,and personal opinion, onward and upward,no player is bigger than the team and all that,🙂☝️

scott herbertson
3 hours ago, sadj said:

I think when we have our maroon specs on we expect Jamie of around 2014 to turn up.  (For the fans who haven’t an opinion based on the Rangers stuff etc) He does occasionally and that keeps that romantic notion there. However I think for reasons that have been discussed thats the exception now as opposed to the rule. For us to get where we want we need better and for him to try and get back on track with his career the split would be better. 

GMS can be fragile but Id argue what he offers is greater than Jamie can offer now. GMS gets it tight and imo often unfairly. 

I don’t necessarily agree Walker doesn’t get stuck into tackles either. He can but again his consistency is not there and a run of games I don’t think would improve that. 

I think Jamie was a fantastic player, but I can't disagree with much of what you say there, except that I think GMS is not consistent enough either, and I do think occasionally this year Walker would have been a better sub option

Such a shame because IMO Walker had a great talent

17 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Why did you not just post the link to the story instead of coming out with the headline you did?

You sound like an unhappy chappy mate.

Not much I can do about that.

Please try & stifle the urge to reply......👍

1 hour ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Maroon tinted glasses mate,and personal opinion, onward and upward,no player is bigger than the team and all that,🙂☝️

👍🏻 Fair play

16 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I think Jamie was a fantastic player, but I can't disagree with much of what you say there, except that I think GMS is not consistent enough either, and I do think occasionally this year Walker would have been a better sub option

Such a shame because IMO Walker had a great talent

Indeed 👍🏻

Bazzas right boot

I really don't get why folk think walker doesn't track back and tackle. 

It's simply not true, in fact iirc a couple of his injuries were due to him tackling someone else. 

His biggest problem is that although he's technically good he's just not that good that it makes up for his lack of pace and power. His, pace and acceleration have all but gone, he relays on his first touch and speed of thought to gain a yard, and although it can work, over 90 mins it's not enough. 

He's also not really got a position, he's not a winger any more but he's not involved enough in a game to be a AMC. 

Also it's a sad reflection of the Scottish game, players of his ilk Litterally get the football kicked out of them, from youth football upwards his sort are targeted, the sort an opposition manager tells each of the defenders to hit hard. 

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the body that has held up too well to that over time and it shows. 

Shame really, but imo his work rate has always been there and no worse than most of the other players. 

The Jkb hard of thinking Seem to default to lazy when they want to slag a player and can't think of anything tangible that backs that up. 

Top lad tho and his Hearts career is better than many and what everyone on here could only dream off. 

No need for the abuse. 

Will score goals for a side like the ones being mentioned. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, sadj said:

Tbf he came in a sub last season and scored some crackers, he also done it in the lc v ICT never to be seen again. 

The goals were generally quality as well. 

Although, Tbh he probably wants more game time himself, so it's what suits both parties. 

Jamie is unfortunate that he has this problem with his knees. Ability wise he's good enough, fitness wise he's obviously nowhere near the level he needs to be. It's a shame really because he was a cracking player for us first time round and he could have been a Hearts great. 

Had he been given more game-time this season i reckon he would be second top in the scoring stakes. Not because i think he's top notch but because he knows how to find us a goal when we're in desperate need for one. The 1-1 with Hibs, that was the time to get him on and turn one point into three. The most experienced outfield derby player we have and he's left on the bench. A few draws this season could've been turned into wins coz let's face it...Gnando doesn't give a flying fork. At the start of the season in the League Cup Walker looked as fit as i've seen him for a long time and he was happy to have a crack at goal as and when he wanted.  Was looking forward to seeing him hit a good bit of form this season but he's been treated like crap, which never surprises me anymore. Neilson himself said Walker had looked good in training so how has he not been given the chance to prove that? No doubt he'll leave and become a decent player for some other club and it wouldn't shock me at all if he scored winners against us.

Edited by jambonian

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Had he been given more game-time this season i reckon he would be second top in the scoring stakes. Not because i think he's top notch but because he knows how to find us a goal when we're in desperate need for one. The 1-1 with Hibs, that was the time to get him on and turn one point into three. The most experienced outfield derby player we have and he's left on the bench. A few draws this season could've been turned into wins coz let's face it...Gnando doesn't give a flying fork. At the start of the season in the League Cup Walker looked as fit as i've seen him for a long time and he was happy to have a crack at goal as and when he wanted.  Was looking forward to seeing him hit a good bit of form this season but he's been treated like crap, which never surprises me anymore. Neilson himself said Walker had looked good in training so how has he not been given the chance to prove that? No doubt he'll leave and become a decent player for some other club and it wouldn't shock me at all if he scored winners against us.

FFS 🤣🤣 

On 09/12/2021 at 23:29, cosanostra said:

He's not good enough for where we want to be. it's a shame considering how good he was when he was young and before injuries took his pace.

Scored some great goals but he's just not fit enough.

He'll probably be one of our higher earners as well. 

When you think of some of the players we had coming through in the relegation (admin) season, you have to question there mentality. Billy King, Sam Nicholson, Callum Paterson, Jamie Walker, Jason Holt. Maybe CP is an exception. 

We cantered the championship with them. Then went on to finish 3rd in the league with them. All talented players but where are they now. 

21 hours ago, sadj said:

I think when we have our maroon specs on we expect Jamie of around 2014 to turn up.  

For sure - I always had a soft spot for the lad, but yeah, maybe he himself wouldn't mind getting regular games at his stage in his career.  He could really do a job still with other teams.

Not been utilised properly this season. He's lazy there's no denying but he scores goals. If he'd been brought on instead of gnanduillet we'd be higher in the league. 

11 hours ago, Sertse said:

Not been utilised properly this season. He's lazy there's no denying but he scores goals. If he'd been brought on instead of gnanduillet we'd be higher in the league. 

Since he returned to us we've all been waiting for him to "get going". Two years should be long enough. Sentimentality aside, we've got better squad players in his position. If the reports on his level of fitness are true, then he'll struggle for game time wherever he goes.....

15 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Since he returned to us we've all been waiting for him to "get going". Two years should be long enough. Sentimentality aside, we've got better squad players in his position. If the reports on his level of fitness are true, then he'll struggle for game time wherever he goes.....

I totally agree with you. My point is he's better than gnanduillet which is shocking considering he's our second striker. Roll on the January window.

14 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I really don't get why folk think walker doesn't track back and tackle. 

It's simply not true, in fact iirc a couple of his injuries were due to him tackling someone else. 

His biggest problem is that although he's technically good he's just not that good that it makes up for his lack of pace and power. His, pace and acceleration have all but gone, he relays on his first touch and speed of thought to gain a yard, and although it can work, over 90 mins it's not enough. 

He's also not really got a position, he's not a winger any more but he's not involved enough in a game to be a AMC. 

Also it's a sad reflection of the Scottish game, players of his ilk Litterally get the football kicked out of them, from youth football upwards his sort are targeted, the sort an opposition manager tells each of the defenders to hit hard. 

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the body that has held up too well to that over time and it shows. 

Shame really, but imo his work rate has always been there and no worse than most of the other players. 

The Jkb hard of thinking Seem to default to lazy when they want to slag a player and can't think of anything tangible that backs that up. 

Top lad tho and his Hearts career is better than many and what everyone on here could only dream off. 

No need for the abuse. 

Will score goals for a side like the ones being mentioned. 

Well said 👍👍👍

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

I don’t think he’s lazy ?? Never has been 

• davemclaren changed the title to Walker off the wage bill in January......? ( merged )