Walker off the wage bill in January......? ( merged )

Section Q

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Tbh I haven’t given it much thought. I wouldn’t start JW in any game personally. I prefer a false 9 when Boyce is out as Gnando is not an answer either. Woodburn did ok today too imo hes probably a better option in the false 9 than JW but if it was a choice it would be none of them 

Woodburn was dreadful again today. Doesn’t care about anything other than counting down the days on his advent calendar so he can get back home. 

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, sadj said:

Don’t think Woodburn was shite today i think thats a very simplistic and very lazy take on how he played today. Hes an easy target now. 

Walker gets it tight for trying to force in some peoples opinion trying to force his way out to Rangers. I don’t think hes lazy , don’t agree he needs sprint training either that would prob be detrimental to his knees i think. 

Woodburn didn’t want to come up here. Agent had arranged deal with Cardiff, Klopp told him to get up here, Woodburn wanted Wales, has been in the huff ever since. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

A fit walker, should play at least some part of most matches...imo

I would. 

I think he causes problems, especially to the the big Clogger type centre half's as they tire. 

Ainsley Harriott
13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Woodburn didn’t want to come up here. Agent had arranged deal with Cardiff, Klopp told him to get up here, Woodburn wanted Wales, has been in the huff ever since. 

Not sure I believe that 

25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We only looked like scoring today once Walker, and McEneff, were on the park. 

A couple of players who run towards opposition goals instead of sideways passing........never catch on.

Just now, Gambo said:

A couple of players who run towards opposition goals instead of sideways passing........never catch on.

Yep, credit to the manager for making the changes 😂😂

No longer active
14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

For a fringe Liverpool player who is after a decent contract “somewhere” then he cannot afford to play poorly. He isn’t suited to the Scottish game. The pace of closing down doesn’t allow him the time to do things that he has on the odd occasion shown. 

As far as Walker goes, he suits the super sub role and clearly loves the club. I hope we keep him.

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, credit to the manager for making the changes 😂😂

A manager who gets credit for making changes makes a lot of errors to begin with 😉😁

1 minute ago, George Cowie said:

For a fringe Liverpool player who is after a decent contract “somewhere” then he cannot afford to play poorly. He isn’t suited to the Scottish game. The pace of closing down doesn’t allow him the time to do things that he has on the odd occasion shown. 

As far as Walker goes, he suits the super sub role and clearly loves the club. I hope we keep him.

He probably already knows where he is going for his next decent contract and wants to get there next month. No chance that Liverpool will offer him a new contract I suspect. 

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

A manager who gets credit for making changes makes a lot of errors to begin with 😉😁

Didn’t have a lot of options today in terms of starting 11 

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Why do you waste your time? You're being trolled man. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Didn’t have a lot of options today in terms of starting 11 

Most weeks?

We were playing the mighty full strength Dundee ffs.

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Most weeks?

We were playing the mighty full strength Dundee ffs.

Three fullbacks on bench today and a waster of a striker.  As I said limited options for starting eleven 

heartgarfunkel

Imagine being Jamie Walker - talent, Hearts man, Hearts player and has absolute gold dust Tommy Walker Hearts blood flowing through his veins. Get as fit as you can, work on pace and make some HMFC history with all the goals you will score over the next few years. So many of us would cut off a finger just to have that opportunity.  Great goal today! 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Spewing at the goal? 

All revved up for a jkb Bob bashing tonight? 

Nah luck.

Always next game. 

I keep wondering what you get out of or achieve by attacking fellow Hearts fans. Win lose or draw there you are. It’s a bit weird chum. If you really resent the opinions of others who don’t live up Bob’s arse so much that you need to pollute the board every Saturday, that’s pretty sad, pretty bizarre and somewhat unhealthy.

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Three fullbacks on bench today and a waster of a striker.  As I said limited options for starting eleven 

As I said, we were playing a weakend piss poor Dundee FC, who were only able to list 4 subs.

Again, we couldn't get it right from the start.

3 points though and onto boxing day.👍

37 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Woodburn was dreadful again today. Doesn’t care about anything other than counting down the days on his advent calendar so he can get back home. 

How is Woodburn still getting a game FFS!

38 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m calling BS on that. If it’s out there at all that Woodburn doesn’t want to come here, then Savage doesn’t bring him here. It’s really that simple. Nothing worse and no bigger mistake you can make than taking a loan player who wants to be somewhere else. A gamble you take with all loanees I suppose but if that’s been said at all, in any forum by anyone who knows or who is close to him, or by he himself or by his agent, pack his  bag for him, drive him to Waverley and put him on a train

Edited by JimmyCant

10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I keep wondering what you get out of or achieve by attacking fellow Hearts fans. Win lose or draw there you are. It’s a bit weird chum. If you really resent the opinions of others who don’t live up Bob’s arse so much that you need to pollute the board every Saturday, that’s pretty sad, pretty bizarre and somewhat unhealthy.

Well said Jimmy! 👏

13 minutes ago, Boof said:

I certainly don't want to see Walker going anywhere else.

Not sure we'd've won today without him.

Walker instead of GMS or Woodburn every time!

48 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

To be fair to him I think Callum played the advantage then we got caught offside so he called it back after Walker stuck it in. Very good refereeing if I’m correct. 

Key point is he was onside 🤷

As Walker demonstrated today, he can score goals. Not many in our squad can do that. Bizarre that he’s not been given more gametime. Better late than never I suppose.

19 minutes ago, Gambo said:

As I said, we were playing a weakend piss poor Dundee FC, who were only able to list 4 subs.

Again, we couldn't get it right from the start.

3 points though and onto boxing day.👍

👍 though will be surprised if we play again for a few weeks which given our injuries wouldn’t be a bad thing. 

18 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

How is Woodburn still getting a game FFS!

Wouldn’t have started today if Boyce was fit. Can only assume it’s a big fee we pay if he isn’t involved 

30 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Well said Jimmy nailed him

18 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m calling BS on that. If it’s out there at all that Woodburn doesn’t want to come here, then Savage doesn’t bring him here. It’s really that simple. Nothing worse and no bigger mistake you can make than taking a loan player who wants to be somewhere else. A gamble you take with all loanees I suppose but if that’s been said at all, in any forum by anyone who knows or who is close to him, or by he himself or by his agent, pack his  bag for him, drive him to Waverley and put him on a train

Have you never heard of people being persuaded against their better judgement? Were Savage and Neilson aware that he would rather be somewhere else when the deal was done with Liverpool? 
Person that told me about it is Liverpool season ticket holder who generally knows what’s going on down there. It was a Klopp decision.  If we can get other strikers signed in January it will be down the road for him as loan deal will be cut short. 

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

👍 though will be surprised if we play again for a few weeks which given our injuries wouldn’t be a bad thing. 

Yip. My old man's coming over from Spain for the festive break but I'm holding off buying him a ticket for St.J/RC until closer to the time as I think we will head for a shutdown/bcd sometime in coming week.

Walker saved Neilson PLENTY times in the Championship and he still kept benching him.

Keep Walker but more importantly FECKING PLAY HIM AHEAD OF GMS AND WOODBURN

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Woodburn plays like he is too good for Scottish football so this story rings true. The boy has ability but no heart and desire 

Just now, Gambo said:

Yip. My old man's coming over from Spain for the festive break but I'm holding off buying him a ticket for St.J/RC until closer to the time as I think we will head for a shutdown/bcd sometime in coming week.

👍epl probably announcing that on Monday. We will follow. Crazy to have 50k at Hampden tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Walker saved Neilson PLENTY times in the Championship and he still kept benching him.

Strange thing with Walker though. You start him and he has a mare usually. Also he’s not been able to do 90 minutes for a good while now. All his good moments in the last couple of years have been off the bench. Not sure you can extend his contract based on 30 minute sub appearances. He isn’t getting a start for a reason. I’d keep him on a year to year deal if he’ll accept he’s an impact sub. Should have been used more often this season. He changes games, there is no doubt about that.

26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I think after tomorrow’s final it will be curtain’s until end of January, best we can hope for is maybe return to empty stadiums 🤷‍♂️

46 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Wouldn’t have started today if Boyce was fit. Can only assume it’s a big fee we pay if he isn’t involved 

Is that how it works? 😳

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't you worry. 

Your poundland advice is taken onboard and given the acknowledgement and importance it deserves. 

50,000 posts, it is quite a lot when you think about it? Maybe, you should really speak to someone. There’s got to be a reason why you think that the JKB community is hanging on every word you say? Every thread, every day, every week, every month, every year. Maybe your next change of username should be Clickbait. Or even better Boab Clickbait, as you’ve flogged the ‘Boab’ nonsense day in, day out for weeks.

50,000 posts.

Are you the biggest bore on the board?  

36 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

This in spades!

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Is that how it works? 😳

That’s how most of the bigger English clubs work these days. They just want their players to get game time so happy to accept minimal loan fees but much larger payments become due if player isn’t given game time. 

1 minute ago, Paris 84 said:

50,000 posts, it is quite a lot when you think about it? Maybe, you should really speak to someone. There’s got to be a reason why you think that the JKB community is hanging on every word you say? Every thread, every day, every week, every month, every year. Maybe your next change of username should be Clickbait. Or even better Boab Clickbait, as you’ve flogged the ‘Boab’ nonsense day in, day out for weeks.

50,000 posts.

Are you the biggest bore on the board?  

Ps. I hope your team get ****in humped  tomorrow. 

32 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Strange thing with Walker though. You start him and he has a mare usually. Also he’s not been able to do 90 minutes for a good while now. All his good moments in the last couple of years have been off the bench. Not sure you can extend his contract based on 30 minute sub appearances. He isn’t getting a start for a reason. I’d keep him on a year to year deal if he’ll accept he’s an impact sub. Should have been used more often this season. He changes games, there is no doubt about that.

Maybe we can offer him a deal of say a grand a week as an impact sub. Better money than he would get from likes of Livi or St Johnstone. Big pay cut I know but as I say decent for a part timer so to speak. If he goes he will get found out about not being able to last 90 mins( if they don’t already know that). 

Woodburn needs to go. Jamie needs another chance until the summer. 
Woodburn is a massive let down considering the talent he has in his locker. Hes either lazy or doesnt want to be here. 
Just go man!

Fair play to Jamie for taking his chance today. Not sure why he's not been given more of a chance this season. Neilson seems to have his favourites, such as Halliday, which is a bit annoying. 

Despite saying that, I'm not sure Jamie's done enough to warrant a new contract. Maybe see how he does the rest of the season. Hopefully be given a bit more game time. 

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Woodburn needs to go. Jamie needs another chance until the summer. 
Woodburn is a massive let down considering the talent he has in his locker. Hes either lazy or doesnt want to be here. 
Just go man!

The EPL loan market has been a big failure for us - poppadom hands, meshino, the left back we had from man u, can't remember his name, and now Woodburn. 

Best send Woodburn back in January.

Loan out Gnando (he's not good enough).

Keep Walker and play him more often.

Recall Euan Henderson who is doing rather well in the lower leagues.

Sign another striker.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

It is bull 👍🏻