Walker off the wage bill in January......? ( merged )

Section Q

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I can't see why we would release Walker and keep Gnando, Walker is a much better player.

Always liked walker,can be frustrating at times , but he's a good player to have around, and can score as he proved many times.🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The EPL loan market has been a big failure for us - poppadom hands, meshino, the left back we had from man u, can't remember his name, and now Woodburn. 

Theyre all primadonnas that want the champagne and Bently lifestyle, not playing Dundee in the fog. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Give Walker a shot as a number 9. Probably the best finisher at the club. 

That was certainly a proper striker's goal today, of a type we've not been scoring for some time. A tap in, but it's the being there that counts for a striker.

48 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s how most of the bigger English clubs work these days. They just want their players to get game time so happy to accept minimal loan fees but much larger payments become due if player isn’t given game time. 

Never heard of that before

58 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

His disallowed goal was better, awareness, touch, control, finish. Something we miss badly. 

Also, Woodburn totally made that chance having played his way through two Dundee players. Having just watched the highlights, I'm baffled as to what Collum thought was wrong.

59 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

His disallowed goal was better, awareness, touch, control, finish. Something we miss badly. 

Agree. Welcome back Jamie, not before time.

loveofthegame

Not the single most important point but from the reaction on social media you can see how popular a lad he is with his teammates, who seem genuinely delighted for him tonight.

technically gifted, falls into that strange bracket of “luxury” player because he’s isn’t the fittest but his talent unquestionable. Deserves game time in the next two to fight for a derby start and ultimately to save his Hearts career.

I hope he’s given and takes his chance.

I’ve said the only thing missing from Hearts is goals. 
Jamie’s a goal scorer. Pure and simple.  
We need to play him. 
whether that’s from start or sub more of a debate but get him in the pitch and we secure more points.  Simples 

loveofthegame

Also folk calling bulls*** on the Woodburn story- I’ll keep it on a no names basis to protect identity but I was told he was mouthing off about and belittling the club after one of the many games he was hooked early. Maybe just frustration, or maybe a big time Charlie who thinks (but is a long way from proving) that he’s bigger and better than Hearts.

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Is that how it works? 😳

According to Savage Liverpool wanted some guarantees of game time but we didn’t agree to that. 

9 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Also folk calling bulls*** on the Woodburn story- I’ll keep it on a no names basis to protect identity but I was told he was mouthing off about and belittling the club after one of the many games he was hooked early. Maybe just frustration, or maybe a big time Charlie who thinks (but is a long way from proving) that he’s bigger and better than Hearts.

interesting - we thought we were getting a premier league starlet and he's proving to be a League one twiglet! If our money and club isn't good enough then fk off. No time for journeymen big timers. 

LarrysRightFoot

Woodburn is a talented player but his attitude doesn’t seem to be quite right. Hell of a lot of players like that - he’s still young but if he wants a good career the needs to get his head right. 

Similar to Walker to an extent - who has natural ability but never the right attitude. Yes he had injuries but if he had Patersons attitude for example I doubt he’d be on the brink of leaving in January, 

9 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I like Walker but I think he's a bit like Allan over the road, a cameo player that doesn't do it regular enough.

This has been the story even before left us for Wigan. Levein offered to make him our hightest paid player to keep him at the club, so I'm assuming he's one of our better paid players. Hope he manages to resurrect his career with another club. Nice to see Haring starting again for us....!

LarrysRightFoot
5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I like Walker but I think he's a bit like Allan over the road, a cameo player that doesn't do it regular enough.

I believe the would If he was allowed to play as a number 9 - he’s not got the legs or stamina to play anywhere else now. 

7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I was thinking exactly the same earlier but cameo players have value as well. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They do indeed. Walker certainly made a case for himself today.

10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Agree Dave, but if he's kept as a cameo player he should be paid accordingly. 

pettigrewsstylist
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Indeed. Who else was going to break deadlock today?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I kind of understand why he hasn’t been starting but I don’t have a clue why he hasn’t been getting 30-20 minutes more regularly when others quite clearly haven’t been clicking.

Jamie is always going to split decisions on here, but one thing I will say as a positive for me, how many times has he dug us out of the shit like he did today?

Would like to see Jamie given a shot as the central forward. Hearts man, great finisher, plenty of talent, ability to do something different.

Get rid of that empty jersey Woodburn

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s how most of the bigger English clubs work these days. They just want their players to get game time so happy to accept minimal loan fees but much larger payments become due if player isn’t given game time. 

Correct me if I am wrong but Savage specifically covered this Woodburn loan deal in a podcast or an interview did he not. The deal Liverpool wanted was that Woodburn starts every game if he is fit. We wanted him but didn’t want so agree to that, so a compromise was reached and we agreed with Liverpool that he would be in every match day squad if fit but with no guarantee of game time.

Doesn’t  matter, whatever the deal was, Woodburn has a level of talent but doesn’t have the endeavour or drive or physicality  to go with it. Some Players who come to Scotland on loan from England think that 70% effort will do. That’s what Woodburn gives and that’s why he needs to be shipped back there pronto. He’ll never make it at a big club. He isn’t all round good enough for Hearts, never mind Liverpool (although no doubting he has talent) If you transplanted Devlin’s heart into Woodburn, you’d have a player on your hands.

Edited by JimmyCant

Pleased for Walker, but I doubt it is going to lead to a renaissance of his Hearts career. Any time he starts, he disappoints. 

The only position he can play is just off a main striker, but I think we need someone who gets up and down the pitch a bit more for that position; especially if we have two wingers, which I think we need as lack of creativity would be a problem otherwise. 

For me Walker and McEneff should start ahead of Woodburn and GMS next 2 games. 

Edited by Mdoug79

17 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Agree Woodburn and GMS turning up 1 game in 10 isn't on!, I'm a big Walker fan and due to his connection to the great Tommy Walker is Hearts Royalty in my opinion! Walker and Haring probably saved Neilson job last season yet treated like crap by Neilson this season! and since he came back looking in from the outside so I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, Neilson statements are kind of confusing we only play one way through out the club after the Motherwell defeat excuse then changes the way we play against Celtic!, then he say's how highly he rates Walker but doesn't give him any game time up until yesterday!, don't know if there are clauses in players contracts that they are guaranteed a game but the way Haring was dropped earlier in the season despite being one of our best players is confusing to say the least! I seem to remember that it was Jamie's father that wanted the move to Rangers due to contract offer being poor from Hearts/CL and not Jamie, maybe Jamie can answer exactly what went on as we all know how CL operated with his twisted stories!

6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Correct me if I am wrong but Savage specifically covered this Woodburn loan deal in a podcast or an interview did he not. The deal Liverpool wanted was that Woodburn starts every game if he is fit. We wanted him but didn’t want so agree to that, so a compromise was reached and we agreed with Liverpool that he would be in every match day squad if fit but with no guarantee of game time.

Doesn’t  matter, whatever the deal was, Woodburn has a level of talent but doesn’t have the endeavour or drive or physicality  to go with it. Some Players who come to Scotland on loan from England think that 70% effort will do. That’s what Woodburn gives and that’s why he needs to be shipped back there pronto. He’ll never make it at a big club. He isn’t all round good enough for Hearts, never mind Liverpool (although no doubting he has talent) If you transplanted Devlin’s heart into Woodburn, you’d have a player on your hands.

That’s pretty close to what I have heard. They only get a fee if he isn’t involved. Similar to Perreira which is why we continued to play him when it was clear he wasn’t good enough. Eventually dropped and United waived the money due to them. 

46 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Couldn’t agree more. They both fall into the categories of player we really ought to stop bringing to the club but it’s a hard habit to break when you’ve nothing coming through the academy.

1. Former internationals 5 years past their best who have already done everything they could have in the game and have little left to give and no real interest in getting blood on a maroon jersey.

2. loanees from big EPL clubs who farm out dozens of average laddies per season hoping that one or two turn into something, knowing that most of them won’t. That type come with delusions, don’t really want to be here, can’t wait to get back to play in the Champions league when it’s apparent to everyone early doors that they’ll never play at that level

Jean Louis Valois

I see Ian Black is using Walker's goal as a stick to hit Robbie with, not sure why. Happy he scored yesterday, he will get his chance now and needs to take it. His performances haven't been good enough and thats probably why he hasn't featured much, remember the cup final a year ago?

No longer active
9 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Also, Woodburn totally made that chance having played his way through two Dundee players. Having just watched the highlights, I'm baffled as to what Collum thought was wrong.

It wasn’t Collum. The lino raised his flag.  And Collum explained that to Walker at the next break in play. Actually Collum despite his bad decisions does talk to the players more than any other ref I’ve seen.

Glamorgan Jambo

Absolutely delighted for Jamie and hope he gets more chances to show us what he’s made of between now and the end of the season.

As for Ben Woodburn if any English championship side had guaranteed his presence in the match day 18 he’d be there but his boats are pretty much burned at that level after several failed loans. Liverpool want him given a platform so they can sell him. That’s all.

10 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Give Walker a shot as a number 9. Probably the best finisher at the club. 

This. 

It isn't happening for Woodburn or Gnando. 

Jamie can score goals and you could see how much that goal meant to him. 

We seemed to strike onto something with the smaller front 3 with no recognised striker against Utd, Walker has the confidence in front of goal. 

Its different and gives Robbie options. Especially when Boyce is fit, if Ross County line up to defend against Boyce and out comes Walker then they could have an absolutely hellish time against a pacy front 3 (okay Walkers not pacy) with a ST that can actually finish. 

Francis Albert
9 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Not seen the highlights but Hearts TV commentary said Collum blew for a foul on Woodburn(?) In the build up to the disallowed goal and the linesman had (wrongly) flagged offside against Walker so there was no advantage in letting our move continue.

1 hour ago, Malco said:

Agree Woodburn and GMS turning up 1 game in 10 isn't on!, I'm a big Walker fan and due to his connection to the great Tommy Walker is Hearts Royalty in my opinion! Walker and Haring probably saved Neilson job last season yet treated like crap by Neilson this season! and since he came back looking in from the outside so I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, Neilson statements are kind of confusing we only play one way through out the club after the Motherwell defeat excuse then changes the way we play against Celtic!, then he say's how highly he rates Walker but doesn't give him any game time up until yesterday!, don't know if there are clauses in players contracts that they are guaranteed a game but the way Haring was dropped earlier in the season despite being one of our best players is confusing to say the least! I seem to remember that it was Jamie's father that wanted the move to Rangers due to contract offer being poor from Hearts/CL and not Jamie, maybe Jamie can answer exactly what went on as we all know how CL operated with his twisted stories!

Come on let's be honest here. 

Even at his best Jamie Walker is not getting in to that Rangers team. 

If Mr Walker snr thought Jamie could play for Rangers it must have been before Gerrard arrived at Ibrox. 

Francis Albert

One thing is for sure if we sell Walker for a pittance to another Premiership side he will come back to haunt us. And if we keep him and his only value is as impact sub (and I think it may be more) he will still be worth more than any transfer fee plus his salary.

10 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

He was offside, or rather the linesman flagged for offside

Walker isn't good enough consistently if we want to challenge for 2nd, next season. Doesn't deserve a start and doesn't deserve a new contract. 

He seems a decent lad but he's a bottom 6 SPFL player, good enough on his day but your never going to get a performance every week. We need players who perform every minute of every game to the best of their ability, Jamie Walker isn't one of those players. 

He's not good enough if we have the ambition Mr Savage says we have. 

Edited by Bull's-eye

It'd be good if JW could get himself into the team. He seems to only do well as a late substitution. When he starts he seems to struggle. Good luck to the lad .

Edited by ri Alban

kingantti1874

I’m entirely comfortable with Jamie walker getting  30-60 minutes depending on the game.

if he is happy to stay and contribute and be reimbursed suitably for that role then he should stay it’s as simple as that.

a great talent, not sure why we don’t get 90 out of him but a game changer no doubt.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Walker isn't good enough consistently if we want to challenge for 2nd, next season. Doesn't deserve a start and doesn't deserve a new contract. 

He seems a decent lad but he's a bottom 6 SPFL player, good enough on his day but your never going to get a performance every week. We need players who perform every minute of every game to the best of their ability, Jamie Walker isn't one of those players. 

we have other players who should go before walker? GMS, Woodburn and Gnando being 3 

5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

He seems a decent lad but he's a bottom 6 SPFL player, good enough on his day but your never going to get a performance every week. We need player who perform every minute of every game to the best of their ability, Jamie Walker isn't one of those players. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I kind of understand why he hasn’t been starting but I don’t have a clue why he hasn’t been getting 30-20 minutes more regularly when others quite clearly haven’t been clicking.

Only Robbie can answer that.