Walker off the wage bill in January......? ( merged )

Section Q

Jamie has Hearts in his blood, not sure what to make of his current situation. A player with the talent to kill off sides, no one seems to know why he hasn't claimed a starting spot in the side this season. Not a bad word to say about him on his attitude at training or on match days. 

Edited by A.JAMBO

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Unfortunately, it was the same as Berra basically.

Levein gave Jamie a big fat 3 year contract on a top wage, without doing the due diligence on his fitness. 

If you take out Jamie’s former association and previous good form with us, and you just look at that m signing in isolation? A crock Wigan reserve who couldn’t get a game for them was given a big fat 3 year deal at Hearts? Just another mistake along with 100 others from Levein. A garbage football manager and garbage director of football who badly misspent our resources for years. I don’t blame Jamie for taking the deal, it was as good as he was ever going to get and would not have got anywhere near that at any other club. 

Didn’t take Neilson long to suss out that Jamie didn’t meet the minimum physical / athletic requirements needed to play for a big club these days. IMO the penny dropped when Jamie disappeared against both Hibs and Celtic in the cup games at Hampden, where guys like even Olly Lee, Aidy White and Wighton made bigger contributions to those games outshining Jamie. And obviously Ginelly who transformed us Vs Celtic when subbed on for Jamie (should have started ahead of Jamie) These lesser guys were all launched by last summer and Jamie really should have gone as well but stayed for the money. Hearts need players who can run hard for 90 minutes and press to stop opposition counter attacks. But Jamie just let’s defenders, full backs and midfielders run past him and the opposition get out and up the pitch to attack us. He is useless at helping his team mates. It’s an aspect which fans are pretty blind to as they delusionally think defending is not an attackers job. But actually it’s not 1975 any more. In the modern game defending from the front, work rate and pressing is a vital requirement as well as goal threat, to be playing in the front line for Hearts. 

Good post on all fronts. It was a horrible mistake to bring him back at all, but thankfully he’ll soon be off the wage bill. 

I’ve absolute confidence that Savage will be able to use Jamie’s wages and his place in the squad to better effect. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣nae doot , tbf to Jamie he does have ability and has contributed to us and for that deserves respect. That aside…..

Correct, he will have contributed much more to our club that gino GMS and McKay will in their time. He should actually be kicking his own arse why he can’t get a jersey before them. Injuries in the last few years has unfortunately stopped him doing what he has shown previously 

been here before
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The point being, everyone just quotes “but walkers scored x number of goals for us!” Without looking at the number of abject defeats he has played in and as I’ve said, simply allowed full backs, defenders and midfielders to run past him and put Hearts on the back foot. That aspect of his game gets ignored by fans because he has scored goals in the past. It doesn’t get ignored by Neilson. 

You are of course correct Oh Great One.

No-one has never mentioned that Walker can appear lazy, doesnt run, track back or seem to bother his arse.

That knowledge is known only to The Great. The rest of us must remain blind and dellusional in the belief its 1975.

11 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

Jamie has Hearts in his blood, not sure what to make of his current situation. A player with the talent to kill off sides, no one seems to know why he hasn't claimed a starting spot in the side this season. Not a bad word to say about him on his attitude at training or on match days. 

Aye mind the time he was parading his laddie about wearing a Rangers top on Facebook, right good Jambo yer arse.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He has probably scored more goals for us than every other member of the squad combined.

He's probably played more times than all our other attacking players combined

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Unfortunately, it was the same as Berra basically.

Levein gave Jamie a big fat 3 year contract on a top wage, without doing the due diligence on his fitness. 

If you take out Jamie’s former association and previous good form with us, and you just look at that m signing in isolation? A crock Wigan reserve who couldn’t get a game for them was given a big fat 3 year deal at Hearts? Just another mistake along with 100 others from Levein. A garbage football manager and garbage director of football who badly misspent our resources for years. I don’t blame Jamie for taking the deal, it was as good as he was ever going to get and would not have got anywhere near that at any other club. 

Didn’t take Neilson long to suss out that Jamie didn’t meet the minimum physical / athletic requirements needed to play for a big club these days. IMO the penny dropped when Jamie disappeared against both Hibs and Celtic in the cup games at Hampden, where guys like even Olly Lee, Aidy White and Wighton made bigger contributions to those games outshining Jamie. And obviously Ginelly who transformed us Vs Celtic when subbed on for Jamie (should have started ahead of Jamie) These lesser guys were all launched by last summer and Jamie really should have gone as well but stayed for the money. Hearts need players who can run hard for 90 minutes and press to stop opposition counter attacks. But Jamie just let’s defenders, full backs and midfielders run past him and the opposition get out and up the pitch to attack us. He is useless at helping his team mates. It’s an aspect which fans are pretty blind to as they delusionally think defending is not an attackers job. But actually it’s not 1975 any more. In the modern game defending from the front, work rate and pressing is a vital requirement as well as goal threat, to be playing in the front line for Hearts. 

Good post 👍🏽

If Walker played on Sat we would've won 2 nil not 1 nil.

We could have had 2 Goalkeepers on the pitch and won 2 nil tbf.

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The point being, everyone just quotes “but walkers scored x number of goals for us!” Without looking at the number of abject defeats he has played in and as I’ve said, simply allowed full backs, defenders and midfielders to run past him and put Hearts on the back foot. That aspect of his game gets ignored by fans because he has scored goals in the past. It doesn’t get ignored by Neilson. 

It was one of Neilsons biggest mistakes to play him at ER in that cup replay, Gray ran off him for the goal and for the rest of the game. He must’ve been delirious when he saw Walker not Nicholson on the team sheet. 

3 minutes ago, smiler said:

Aye mind the time he was parading his laddie about wearing a Rangers top on Facebook, right good Jambo yer arse.

And what, is this another anti Hearts player comment. One the comes from Jambo stock / I was talking about his playing career with Hearts not what team he supports, maybe go through the present Hearts squad and see how many of them have worn a Rangers Top as fans of that scum. My arse is **** all to do with your hatred. If it was a Hibs top i would get it . But Rangers and Celtic are the top clubs in the country  supported by many football players. Anyways, you digging at Hearts players who have spent most of their life at the club.

You didn't' say a thing about what i was saying though. why why why.

Having a dig at a Father who's son supports another team bar the one his Dad plays in. well that there is your arse talking.

Just now, A.JAMBO said:

And what, is this another anti Hearts player comment. One the comes from Jambo stock / I was talking about his playing career with Hearts not what team he supports, maybe go through the present Hearts squad and see how many of them have worn a Rangers Top as fans of that scum. My arse is **** all to do with your hatred. If it was a Hibs top i would get it . But Rangers and Celtic are the top clubs in the country  supported by many football players. Anyways, you digging at Hearts players who have spent most of their life at the club.

You didn't' say a thing about what i was saying though. why why why.

Having a dig at a Father who's son supports another team bar the one his Dad plays in. well that there is your arse talking.

Chill big man, chill, you’re unnecessarily getting your panties all twirled up.

Anyway in terms of JW the footballer - I had high hopes for him when he emerged all those years ago, unfortunately he got crocked and was ready for the knackers yard when he left us, we inexplicably brought him back and he’s now finished. Waste of a wage, it’s a shame but hey ho. 
Out of interest, I notice you’re all over this forum but quite new here. How did you fill your time before you came crashing into our lives?

I honestly don't know why he doesn't feature more from the bench at least.The one thing he has is an eye for goal.Folk might not agree but I honestly don't see what Woodburn brings that's any better than Walker.

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

would have given him game time over Gnando. Just a better player 

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

He should be on the pitch ahead of Gnando, every time.

If Walker played on Sat we would've won 2 nil not 1 nil.

True statements.

PhoenixHearts
3 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Don't understand the lack of opportunities for him this season, especially from the bench.  If he'd had the same chance as some players this season he'd have contributed just fine. If he goes to someone like St Johnstone and gets a run he'll do well.

To me it's no mystery. Look at our CMs.

Baningime, Devlin, Haring all head and shoulders above him there, even McEneff has looked lively and it's not hard to imagine he's a "better trainer" than Walker. Especially based on all the rumours that he's lazy.

We also play with mostly holding/box to box mids, which Walker isn't. 

And then look at our wingers, attacking mids. 

Mackay, GMS, Ginelly all offer more than him so obviously they make the squad before him. And someone alluded to Woodburn needing to be included in matchday sqauds if healthy as part of his loan contract.

To give him his due he sometimes pops up with the odd goal when given an opportunity but if (by some accounts) he isn't showing it in training then it's understandable that he won't be given those chances ahead of those who fight hard for their place.

I think it's best if he is moved on. 

As good as he has been for us in the past I just don't think he has a place here. Not with where our ambitions are.

If we want to be pushing up at the top end of the league consistently then we need even our squad players to be at a higher standard than Walker.

The overall quality of the squad is trending upwards and although he may have been good enough in the past, he is being left behind as the squad improves.

Robbie can you just put him on the pitch,even just for a wee while. It's been so long I've forgotten what the player we're talking about is like these days and I've got a feeling that he'd put a shift in just to remind us.

I'm sure he's a nice lad and I've got nothing against him but I'm happy he's on his way out.

He can't be trusted to start a game and it's 50/50 whether he'll impact it from the bench. I think we're looking for better and for someone with a bit more hunger.

I also acknowledge how much he's rescued us off the bench.

Good luck to him.

4 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Baningime, Devlin, Haring all head and shoulders above him there, even McEneff has looked lively and it's not hard to imagine he's a "better trainer" than Walker. Especially based on all the rumours that he's lazy.

Mackay, GMS, Ginnelly all offer more than him so obviously they make the squad before him. And someone alluded to Woodburn needing to be included in matchday sqauds if healthy as part of his loan contract.

To give him his due he sometimes pops up with the odd goal when given an opportunity but if (by some accounts) he isn't showing it in training then it's understandable that he won't be given those chances ahead of those who fight hard for their place.

As good as he has been for us in the past I just don't think he has a place here. Not with where our ambitions are.

If we want to be pushing up at the top end of the league consistently then we need even our squad players to be at a higher standard than Walker.

The overall quality of the squad is trending upwards and although he may have been good enough in the past, he is being left behind as the squad improves.

Quality comment.

Thanks

Edited by A.JAMBO

He should move to Perth. Loved the goal against Hibs. Uses left foot to get half yard on Scott Allan then right foot rocket. Say what you want, A special talent.

Just now, gar jambo said:

Correct 

Was what i was asking in detail.

I still feel Jamie could be pushed under a different Management. Not the one we currently have though. He is still here so maybe will appear in the shop window for potential suiters.

Not going to have a dig at Players or Staff in this, they are doing well but there is a tinge of what if we had better.

Much like the situation with 70% of our current squad. Jamie may well come on and have a worldy , that would throw up another debate.

I will support him till he goes elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Arfur said:

Some of those players in front of him in the pecking order include Woodburn, GMS and Gnando - personally I would have Walker ahead of them any day of the week. Would much rather see Woodburn and Gnando punted in January to be honest.

Spot on, should be in squad ahead of Halliday too. 

AlphonseCapone

Walker isn't good enough. He is better than Gnando, but then Gnando isn't good enough so that's irrelevant. Both should be moved on. 

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Walker isn't good enough. He is better than Gnando, but then Gnando isn't good enough so that's irrelevant. Both should be moved on. If we are to get a euro spot we have to keep  going  in the right direction young hungry players and also mabae attract players if we where  to achieve this ! 

Jeffros Furios

He was pish before he left us and been pish ever since, the  only surprise its not the Chanpionship he's going to as that's his level . Dunfermline beckons next season .

41 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Mackay, GMS, Ginelly all offer more than him so obviously they make the squad before him. And someone alluded to Woodburn needing to be included in matchday sqauds if healthy as part of his loan contract.

Spot on. 

He's scored 59 goals over the course of his career which spans nearly 300 games. 20 of those goals were from 70-odd appearances in the Championship. He's got 30 goals from 140 non-Championship games with Hearts. I've absolutely nothing against him and am grateful for him rescuing us a few times last season, but I don't think those numbers give him any sort of free pass into the team now. I also wouldn't be playing him out of position by putting him up front.

January really isn't far away so in the meantime I would much rather stick with Gnando or put Ginnelly through the middle in an emergency. Walker is not the answer. 

He'll be on a decent wage because of the circumstances under which he came back to Hearts so lets shake hands, thank him for his contribution, move on, and use the money to bring in someone more suited to our current shape. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Byyy The Light

Like Jamie, want him to do well.

Fitness issues and niggles means he can't get up the levels.  Would rather he came off the bench when we needed a goal with 20 mins left than some of the dross we've had to put up with.  The guy knows where the back of the net is, most natural finisher we have.

Shame it's not worked out for both parties.  Could and should have been an idol given his natural ability.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think what has happened with Walker is exactly what Gowser and And Driver have slightly “warned” Souttar about leaving hearts on a free transfer.

Chances have been given - limited as they are - to Gnando and McAneff before Walker this season. Both were Neilson signings and cost minimal transfer fees. Jamie was a free transfer and not so much pressure to play him as a result.

Problem is we all know that if Jamie had had an average of 20 mins per game as a sub this season he’d probably have around 3 or so goals and one or two of those run of draws might have been wins.

I do think Jamie has run his course with Hearts sadly but equally find it odd he hasn’t had a minute of league time this season - particularly when Boyce was out.

A_A wehatethehibs
14 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Walker isn't good enough. He is better than Gnando, but then Gnando isn't good enough so that's irrelevant. Both should be moved on. 

Irrespective of Gnando being pish it’s not a comparison. Jamie is not a CF. You might as well put Jamie Walker at Center Back.

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Irrespective of Gnando being pish it’s not a comparison. Jamie is not a CF. You might as well put Jamie Walker at Center Back.

Correct. Trying to fit square pegs into round holes will not fix anything. 

For a player with a lot of talent he’s either very unlucky that injuries have curtailed his progress or it’s an attitude thing that his career has not kicked on since leaving Hearts. For the odd appearance I should imagine his sizeable wage should and will be utilised better moving forward. Think his time at Tynecastle is definitely coming to an end. Good luck to the guy I say. 

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Making room for McGrath.

Good shout, I’d also like Henderson to be given a proper chance as striker at this level. 

14 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

He was pish before he left us and been pish ever since, the  only surprise its not the Chanpionship he's going to as that's his level . Dunfermline beckons next season .

Your so right bud I can name hundreds off hearts players better than Walker was  as I say average at best ! 

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Making room for McGrath.

I like him, and I probably would have bitten your hand off for him at the beginning of the summer window. I think we'll be aiming higher though, and have a sneaky feeling that we'll get another bargain from down south.

Gnando was a good player on the bench, same a Jamie is now a good player on the bench.

It's a shame players have to come off the bench for us, it really destroys their career on JKB 😆

7 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Good shout, I’d also like Henderson to be given a proper chance as striker at this level. 

Hendo is like Boycie

Hendo has a similar style to Boycie, i rate him. Would like to see him return in January and beef up our choices  Not a big deal type of return but a spark is required . Hendo does have that.. We also need to bring a player who can add something different , a poacher is more important.

AlphonseCapone
14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I'm not sure Gnando is even a footballer so the comparison is even worse than you've highlighted. 

2 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Your so right bud I can name hundreds off hearts players better than Walker was  as I say average at best ! 

Hearts fans celebrated his goals in the knowledge he was obviously a good player and had the ability to hit the net. Maybe didn't do it enough but some we have or have had, never did it at all.

1 minute ago, A.JAMBO said:

Hendo is like Boycie

Hendo has a similar style to Boycie, i rate him. Would like to see him return in January and beef up our choices  Not a big deal type of return but a spark is required . Hendo does have that.. We also need to bring a player who can add something different , a poacher is more important.

Just think that we give up to easily on some of our younger players. The boys went out on loan and done everything that he’s been asked to do which is score goals. I’m not saying he’s the finished article but some on here have mentioned his finishing has been great coming up through the ranks. Couldn’t have done any worse than Gnando over last month or so. 

7 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Just think that we give up to easily on some of our younger players. The boys went out on loan and done everything that he’s been asked to do which is score goals. I’m not saying he’s the finished article but some on here have mentioned his finishing has been great coming up through the ranks. Couldn’t have done any worse than Gnando over last month or so. 

In my opinion i agree with you on Hendo.

Nando like Boycie needs a foil, Nando being a giant you would think is can out smart and muscle most opponents in the air.

Nope he fails to use everything he has in his locker, empty. I have watched his huffs puffs and faces, the way he throws his head around , arms in he air. All sorts of childish moments.

He has no outlet either, like Boycie, .  Barrie has the trickery to unlock defences, he suffers the same thing, no outlet. Again we need a poacher.

Edited by A.JAMBO

Bazzas right boot

I don't think he's good enough to be starting but like v ICT right at the start of the season he seems the  perfect weapon to have from the bench. 

He Ofc might not be happy with that. 

23 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Is his 30-40 odd games where he has shown he's not cut out for hearts not enough? If he had walkers talent he would be some player because you can't fault Hendersons attitude. 

1 hour ago, Chillidigits said:

Robbie can you just put him on the pitch,even just for a wee while. It's been so long I've forgotten what the player we're talking about is like these days and I've got a feeling that he'd put a shift in just to remind us.

I think he'd remind a few people that we're not missing anything. A lot of absence making the heart grow fonder here. 

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Some awfy good goals in that lot. 

A collection that Messi Woud be proud off. 

Guy is a decent player, he'll do  good job fur another spfl team. 

We are aiming a bit higher tho, we need more physically  able players. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Walker off the wage bill in January......? ( merged )