Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

25 minutes ago, Dazo said:

For the current shitshow no, what are they actually doing about it now we are in it though ? And for the decline in health and education that started long before the current mess, absolutely. 

They are looking at an alternative to the way we govern ourselves, that's what they're doing about it.

Pretty radical and I can't really blame them for pursuing it when you look at the government down south. 

Comparing the SG's failings, and, of course there are some, with the criminality of those down there is, well, incomparable !

It's staggering that they have gotten away with a lot of it. That's on the electorate and, hopefully, they'll come to their senses pretty soon.

The Nats, no doubt, think that's a possibility and want to get in before the next GE. I don't blame them for that because if the Tories were punted, it would be harder to convince people to vote for separation.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Welcome to what a future Indy Scotland would look like 

You're actually showing what a current Scotland run by Westminster looks like.

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You're actually showing what a current Scotland run by Westminster looks like.

Is there anything you believe Scottish government is responsible for? Women in Scotland being asked to leave a meeting in Scotland yet it's Westminster to blame.

Pointless debating when you simply refuse to see what's in front of you.

Goodbye.

17 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

They should have paid attention to parliament rules.

FWVLqcmWAAADjgo?format=jpg&name=large

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Is there anything you believe Scottish government is responsible for? Women in Scotland being asked to leave a meeting in Scotland yet it's Westminster to blame.

Pointless debating when you simply refuse to see what's in front of you.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Here's a fact though - stuff that's happening now is under Westminster rule.

Pointing at it and going "see? This is what Scottish independence looks like!" is ****ing mental.

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They should have paid attention to parliament rules.

FWVLqcmWAAADjgo?format=jpg&name=large

Oh I see rules not meant to be broken like ? 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Probably not...unless your a tory then you break the rules you actually made yourself...or the ECHR, or the EU, or international treaties or anything really. The tories can do whatever they like and they do so there!

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No. That's why they are rules.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Probably not...unless your a tory then you break the rules you actually made yourself...or the ECHR, or the EU, or international treaties or anything really. The tories can do whatever they like and they do so there!

Mahri Black drinking booze on a train ? , the one who had covid and travelled on train to west minister ? Sturgeon no wearing a mask in a barbers ? Et al 

JudyJudyJudy

Anyway those women did the right thing and got heaps of publicity by calling out the hypocrisy of NS . Well done ladies 

Konrad von Carstein
49 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

22 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Mahri Black drinking booze on a train ? , the one who had covid and travelled on train to west minister ? Sturgeon no wearing a mask in a barbers ? Et al 

13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

9215D74C-6BCD-4AA9-AA19-741A3BFAA62C.jpeg

12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Anyway those women did the right thing and got heaps of publicity by calling out the hypocrisy of NS . Well done ladies 

IMG_20220623_110411.jpg

14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Indeed. Lets bring back the Guillotine for the Scottish Government but ignore things like lying to the Queen, Illegally proroguing Parliament, the entire Dominic Cummings affair, Matt Hancock's dodgy PPE contracts, Greeshill scandal, Matt Hancock (again) with his hands all over his secretary's arse, the entire partygate shitshow and I haven't even mentioned Brexit Et al.

UK OK :lol:

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Indeed. Lets bring back the Guillotine for the Scottish Government but ignore things like lying to the Queen, Illegally proroguing Parliament, the entire Dominic Cummings affair, Matt Hancock's dodgy PPE contracts, Greeshill scandal, Matt Hancock (again) with his hands all over his secretary's arse, the entire partygate shitshow and I haven't even mentioned Brexit Et al.

UK OK :lol:

No it happens with all party mps or msps , it’s not just a Tory thing .

10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No it happens with all party mps or msps , it’s not just a Tory thing .

I agree. If MP's/MSP's get caught with their pants down then they should have the good grace to resign.

The issue is, the 2nd biggest buffoon ever in politics (after Trump) is in charge of the UK government and he continually lies and breaks the rules and gets away with it (even his own rules), and in so doing, sets a precedent for others to do the same.

Right up there with Trumps "Post Truth" nonsense once he's been caught talking shite.

Almost no accountability these days so drinking on the train seems almost petty although, see my opening sentence.

Japan Jambo
23 hours ago, Dazo said:

It is a UK government voted in by the UK electorate. Pretty basic stuff that you seem to struggle with. 

SNP skooshing Scotland down the pan but keep getting voted in. 😂

Luckily I couldn’t give much of a toss about either government to be honest. Then again I don’t have a chip on my shoulder and sit about blaming some mp’s because my life is so shit. 

What seems to get lost in the telling is that in terms of day to day stuff it's actually the SNP that has the keys...

https://www.parliament.scot/about/how-parliament-works/devolved-and-reserved-powers

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

19 October 2023.

God damn, it’s going to be a long and tiresome run to that vote.

Yes will probably win this time, which is for the best. Better that Scotland gets on with it and does it’s own thing. The arguing about it is so tedious 

11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Only one minute into her speech and her first lie 

No lie in what she’s said. 

6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

How is it a lie ?

The Scottish Election wasn't a vote on Independence. 

The fact that the majority of MSPs elected, are in favour of having one is another thing entirely.

The vote can still take place and be defeated so she was right on what said, then and now.

JudyJudyJudy

Boris call her bluff . Agree to Section 30 . Simple as that . Then it’ll be a legally binding ref . She’s at it . Trying in every where to extend her stay as SNP leader by any means . A “ consultative “ Ref will not be an accurate reflection of Potential nos do not vote . Then if it is a yes then there’s the bun fight to end all bun fights between Scotland and England regarding its legality . The only person benefiting is NS as she will continue the “ fight “ 

And I'll keep repeating it. If the No camp are so confident, let the vote take place and if it's defeated, it's more or less a done deal !

Again, what are you so scared of ?

I'm being slightly rhetorical of course, I'm very ****ing aware what you're scared of !

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

About where I am with it, too.

I'd love a clause whereby no further constitutional referenda are permitted, under any circumstances, for at least three decades. Governments should get on with governing (or, even more preferably, finding ways to make themselves redundant).

Boris should agree to it with the agreement that there is no more ref until a generation , a real generation not a Govan one 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Boris call her bluff . Agree to Section 30 . Simple as that . Then it’ll be a legally binding ref . She’s at it . Trying in every where to extend her stay as SNP leader by any means . A “ consultative “ Ref will not be an accurate reflection of Potential nos do not vote . Then if it is a yes then there’s the bun fight to end all bun fights between Scotland and England regarding its legality . The only person benefiting is NS as she will continue the “ fight “ 

See above, I agree, let the vote happen.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Let the tears and snotters commence :greggy:

Nope . Happy that there now sone progress . So let’s get on with it and may the dice roll where they fall . Imperative Boris agrees to a Section 30 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Boab said:

See above, I agree, let the vote happen.

Same . Let the arguments begin and see who wins . It’s that simple . Least it’s actual movement now . 

Progress. 

Independence from the result of the next General Election. No need for Referendum. 

Even Alex Salmond can get behind that. 

So now we need to see the proposals and evidence to support the view that an independent Scotland will succeed. 

5 minutes ago, Imaman said:

So now we need to see the proposals and evidence to support the view that an independent Scotland will succeed. 

Alternatively proposals and evidence that an independent Scotland could perform better than the clown show that is the uk. Failing services everywhere whilst massively adding to an already crippling debt. 

4 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Alternatively proposals and evidence that an independent Scotland could perform better than the clown show that is the uk. Failing services everywhere whilst massively adding to an already crippling debt. 

The main proposal seems to be for Scotland to borrow to spend more. 

30 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Even Douglas Ross agreed with this.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Even Douglas Ross agreed with this.

But apparently he’s a “ fud” so who cares what he says ? Can’t have it both ways . 

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

What seems to get lost in the telling is that in terms of day to day stuff it's actually the SNP that has the keys...

https://www.parliament.scot/about/how-parliament-works/devolved-and-reserved-powers

What you are thinking is despite making an utter ***** of the current powers if the get even more all of a sudden the snp become great at running the country. 😂

21 minutes ago, Boab said:

And I'll keep repeating it. If the No camp are so confident, let the vote take place and if it's defeated, it's more or less a done deal !

Again, what are you so scared of ?

I'm being slightly rhetorical of course, I'm very ****ing aware what you're scared of !

Can any side be genuinely confident of a result ? I know sure as hell won’t be. The country is completely divided, not sure how any result can be good. 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

What you are thinking is despite making an utter ***** of the current powers if the get even more all of a sudden the snp become great at running the country. 😂

Can any side be genuinely confident of a result ? I know sure as hell won’t be. The country is completely divided, not sure how any result can be good. 

Don't think they can, D, but all I hear from the No camp is how badly the SG are performing. If it's so bad it will be a breeze surely ?

Although, don't go with our very own poll...that's a landslide ! 😂

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, Imaman said:

It will succeed in giving Scotland a government it can hold to account.

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Don't think they can, D, but all I hear from the No camp is how badly the SG are performing. If it's so bad it will be a breeze surely ?

Although, don't go with our very own poll...that's a landslide ! 😂

Well apart from Smithee no one can be confident. 😂

To be fair if you don’t want independence then the snp are going to be your target and if you do then it’s the tories/Westminster. Round and round ee go. 😊

Unknown user
24 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

This will be the level of debate 

Stop bringing it into the debate then

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Well apart from Smithee no one can be confident. 😂

To be fair if you don’t want independence then the snp are going to be your target and if you do then it’s the tories/Westminster. Round and round ee go. 😊

Why wouldn't I be confident?

The cat's out the bag, Westminster's a cesspit and the UK couldn't give a **** about Scotland except for "helping us" use our resources.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Stop bringing it into the debate then

It’s an observation 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Why wouldn't I be confident?

The cat's out the bag, Westminster's a cesspit and the UK couldn't give a **** about Scotland except for "helping us" use our resources.

Because the country is divided pretty much down the middle. 

17 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

But apparently he’s a “ fud” so who cares what he says ? Can’t have it both ways . 

I've never called him a fud, however I wouldn't disagree with that assessment.

The Mighty Thor
26 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The problem with likes of Doogz is  that they change their minds that often that nobody knows where they stand.

Oh!

41 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

To be fair the clowns down in WestMonster are a great reason to vote Yes. However it would be helpful to see some of the age old questions answered. 

Edited by Imaman

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Because the country is divided pretty much down the middle. 

16 months of Westminster shit show will only make it more obvious