Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

il Duce McTarkin
20 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Comics. And have you seen the “Sports” pages in the National? They should just stop and call it the “Glasgow” and be done with it!

15 articles on the arse cheeks then 3 on the rest of Scottish football from the point of view of rangers or cellic. 

If you support Independence its an echo chamber, but its a rank amateur in comparison to the right wing gutter press like The Daily Mail etc.

Agree totally. The press in this country is a joke.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

3 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Does it apply to you? I wouldn't know. Only you would. 

If it doesn't apply then I don't see how you could be offended or upset. 

I didn't say I was offended or upset, I said you were deeply unpleasant.

Thunder and Lightning
11 hours ago, Smithee said:

I didn't say I was offended or upset, I said you were deeply unpleasant.

I guess I will just have to struggle on with the knowledge you find me unpleasant. 

I hope I sleep tonight. 

Have a lovely day. 

6 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I guess I will just have to struggle on with the knowledge you find me unpleasant. 

I hope I sleep tonight. 

Have a lovely day. 

If you're happy, I'm happy. It's yourself you make look a **** when you start that patter, and I'm absolutely fine with that 👍 

manaliveits105

FM Questions today every answer to every question put to Elsie blames Westminster 

no responsibility taken for anything 

there seems little point in having this expensive administration 

time to scrap Holyrood 

9 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

FM Questions today every answer to every question put to Elsie blames Westminster 

time to scrap Holyrood 

So the usual then ?  WM had nowt to do with the gender debacle ! She on about that ? Or avoiding it like the plague ? 

Nucky Thompson
11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

time to scrap Holyrood 

It's the same every week, either that or she says were bad but not as bad as the rest of the UK

Thunder and Lightning
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

If you're happy, I'm happy. It's yourself you make look a **** when you start that patter, and I'm absolutely fine with that 👍 

Have you thought about running as an SNP candidate?

You seem quite adept at taking no blame for situations.

I think you would do well. 

44 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Have you thought about running as an SNP candidate?

You seem quite adept at taking no blame for situations.

I think you would do well. 

:laugh2: mate, stop sneering at your computer! It wasn't very nice, but I didn't attack, I didn't get angry, no digs, I just pointed it out. Get over it, is my advice, I'm sure you're a great lad really!

Thunder and Lightning
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:laugh2: mate, stop sneering at your computer! It wasn't very nice, but I didn't attack, I didn't get angry, no digs, I just pointed it out. Get over it, is my advice, I'm sure you're a great lad really!

You know what, my comment was in poor taste. I apologise. 

1 minute ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

You know what, my comment was in poor taste. I apologise. 

👍 No biggie, behind us all

Oooooftt floored a few times during this press conference today ! She’s no liking it not just about GRA but about her husband dodgey dealings 

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oooooftt floored a few times during this press conference today ! She’s no liking it not just about GRA but about her husband dodgey dealings 

'I can't recall'

The usual response from her

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

'I can't recall'

Tied herself in knots yet again. 

17 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Excruciating. Let be honest, this was done to trigger another another tedious constitutional showdown with Westminster. Only this time, by and large the public appear to not be interested. Drunk on power, perceived invincibility and out of touch. She's finished.

43 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

She doesn't like it when she's not getting soft ball questions. 

I really wish they'd kept up the line about Isla being a woman though. The "individual" is a rapist...away and **** off. 

20 minutes ago, pablo said:

Excruciating. Let be honest, this was done to trigger another another tedious constitutional showdown with Westminster. Only this time, by and large the public appear to not be interested. Drunk on power, perceived invincibility and out of touch. She's finished.

she'll cling on for as long as possible, blaming Westminster for everything. Bottom line: she's barely shifted the dial on independence in 8 years

26 minutes ago, pablo said:

It was painful to watch yet delicious too 😂 happens to all dictators , the perceived invincibility, starts to crumble . 

5 minutes ago, NickC002 said:

she'll cling on for as long as possible, blaming Westminster for everything. Bottom line: she's barely shifted the dial on independence in 8 years

Oh no doubt she will try to

8 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I really wish they'd kept up the line about Isla being a woman though. The "individual" is a rapist...away and **** off. 

Yes transparency and accountability? How dare they ask “ difficult “ questions . 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes transparency and accountability? How dare they ask “ difficult “ questions . 

Was about as bad as watching that lackey that got sent out to make an arse of herself on Question Time for Dear Leader. 

7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It was painful to watch yet delicious too 😂 happens to all dictators , the perceived invincibility, starts to crumble . 

Imagine standing there and pretending you don't remember when your husband lent a political party over a 100k. The same one you're the Leader of:rofl:

7 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Was about as bad as watching that lackey that got sent out to make an arse of herself on Question Time for Dear Leader. 

Maybe equally bad 😂

Dusk_Till_Dawn

You see this a lot. Person who thinks they’re untouchable gets used to being untouchable and then has no idea how to cope or carry themselves when they realise they aren’t untouchable 

Is this a “Should Scotland be an independent country”? thread or an SNP/Nicola Sturgeon bashing thread?

Asking for a friend. 

15 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is this a “Should Scotland be an independent country”? thread or an SNP/Nicola Sturgeon bashing thread?

Asking for a friend. 

this thread now self-IDing as a SNP/Nicola Sturgeon bashing thread - obvs. 

30 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Asking for a friend. 

I can’t recall. 

1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

I believe under the law as it stands, that only men can be charged with rape. So the logical conclusion is that Bryson is a man, regardless of how he sees himself.

Obviously has husband and wife they don't talk to or with each other.

She's no different to any other party leader in the UK. That is a person who is very economical with the truth.

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I believe under the law as it stands, that only men can be charged with rape. So the logical conclusion is that Bryson is a man, regardless of how he sees himself.

She's no different to any other party leader in the UK. That is a person who is very economical with the truth.

Rape is a crime that's definition includes use of a penis (natural or constructed via surgery) in Scotland. So you'd have to be a man or a trans man to be convincted of it. Or a woman with a penis in the brave new world of 2023. 

12 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

smurfs wagon train slow in coming along today 

Oh they will appear 😂

33 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

not even pillow talk, apparently

7 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

'his resources', 'can't recall', it's almost like they don't even live together....

periodictabledancer
5 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh they will appear 😂

Not as long as you  post bud.

But thanks for thinking of us.

6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Asking for a friend. 

Of course it should, why shouldn't Scotland be an independent country?

I think it was Boris who said it's right and just that a country should be sovereign and free. He was talking about Ukraine, of course, not us plebs.

4 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

When she can't use Westminster/the Toaries/lack of levuuurs as a fall back excuse, her go to seems to be a lack of memory.

Yeah that old chestnut again 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Of course it should, why shouldn't Scotland be an independent country?

I think it was Boris who said it's right and just that a country should be sovereign and free. He was talking about Ukraine, of course, not us plebs.

I can't recall 

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

What a fecking mess. 

“Bryson regards herself as a woman. I regard her as a rapist“

Is that another gender we now have to recognise?

And I love the way that Sturgeon tries to shrug off her own use of pronouns. Can we stop worrying about ‘misgendering’ anyone now?

She clearly doesn’t actually give a feck about transgenderism, and the whole long game was to set up another conflict with Westminster. 

Sounds about right . 

13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

To paraphrase Sturge the Purge:

Independence fanatics regard Scotland as a country. I regard it as a nation within the UK. 

To paraphrase the dictionary:

Scotland's a country.

jack D and coke

Imagine getting emptied for this ****ing nonsense though, dear oh dear :lol: 
There are hundreds of trans women in jails in England and Wales (obviously because of bigger population) and barely any up here so she’s getting hammered for things that are already happening in the rest of the uk at the same time…it’s an effort imo from the British state to dismantle them and she’s brought some of this on herself tbqh. 
There was a time I thought she was alright but she’s stayed around too long and inevitably in politics this is how it ends. Over something absurd. 

Rupert Custard
8 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

'I can't recall'

And at the same she actually said this
"I hope other party leaders - including the Prime Minister - will follow suit in an effort to promote transparency in public office."

Shes a hypocrite and a fraud.

7 hours ago, pablo said:

She's looking a really busted flush. Big sleepy cuddles is incandescent with rage I see. Thinks she's undermined 30 years of hard work by backing an ideology! 

She's massively misjudged mood of the nation. It's also quite clear she doesn't give a flying feck about rights of trans people. This was 100% about constitutional warfare and she's ****ed up gloriously. 

Some of the reporters were just taking the piss out of her today. She's become a joke figure. 

jack D and coke

Salmond seems like one of the last good politicians. I’m not excusing or assuming either his innocence or guilt in that case against him but for his politics at least I believe he wanted Indy. He wants it. 
It’s night and day to what the snp is now. 
To think they’re arguing and bogged down and being battered about this trans bullshit is nuts. 
Sturgeon needs emptied. Pronto.