Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

periodictabledancer
Just now, Jeffros Furios said:

You said Westminster would be under huge pressure and time would tell .. 

What pressure would make them change thier mind ? 

If you don't have a proper answer say so .

If you don't have the capability to digest and consider the context of what I'm saying just say so. Maybe you could put me on ignore and do us both a favour. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

If the Jockanese Liberation Front sacked Newcastle and put York to the torch.

I can't see the English bothering about the geordie maggots .. 

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

If you don't have the capability to digest and consider the context of what I'm saying just say so. Maybe you could put me on ignore and do us both a favour. 

:rofl:the toys are oot the pram 

periodictabledancer
19 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's not really working out well having to rely on the Greens to prop up their minority government.

Held to ransom springs to mind

😂😂😂 No bud, the indy movement is all the better for having  multi party support. 

periodictabledancer
6 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

:rofl:the toys are oot the pram 

How so ?

PS Geordie maggots ? What's all that about ? 

Edited by periodictabledancer

1 hour ago, Bobilius said:

The longer the time it takes, the more likely the result will be Yes imo.

That’s Alex talk ! And I don’t mean Salmond ‘ 

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Could be a long wait,  my priority is getting rid of the Tories and Starmer eventually exploring a return to the EU .

Yep 

3 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Who do you actually vote for ? 

In the local elections last year I voted Tory ( tactical vote to get shot of the snp lead council ) 

in the Scottish election I voted for Labour ( my msp was a great help to me with an issue so I thought id return the favour ) 

In Westminster I voted for Joanna cherry 🍒 for a variety of reasons . 

well you did ask 😎

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

periodictabledancer
13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

In the local elections last year I voted Tory ( tactical vote to get shot of the snp lead council ) 

in the Scottish election I voted for Labour ( my msp was a great help to me with an issue so I thought id return the favour ) 

In Westminster I voted for Joanna cherry 🍒 for a variety of reasons . 

well you did ask 😎

It's good to know you're a pronoun of principle. 

Just now, periodictabledancer said:

It's good to know you're a pronoun of principle. 

Im

not a tree 🌲 you should be happy I voted for Joanna and will Again . 

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Im

not a tree 🌲 you should be happy I voted for Joanna and will Again . 

Why should I be happy you voted for "Joanna" ?

13 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Why should I be happy you voted for "Joanna" ?

I just assume everyone on this is an snp

lovef until I know otherwise 

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I just assume everyone on this is an snp

lovef until I know otherwise 

I've never expressed support for the SNP and for the record I don't support them, I don't like them and I've had a gutfull of her ministers. Many of whom I've met in person. 

2 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

I've never expressed support for the SNP and for the record I don't support them, I don't like them and I've had a gutfull of her ministers. Many of whom I've met in person. 

Fair enough .

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

If the independence parties get more voters to turn out and get a bigger share of the vote then you have to ask where is the democratic route to independence. It would heap enormous pressure on London. NS needs to rally the troops and if they will not support her then she has to accept the indy debate won't be settled any time soon. 

And Jack has just presented her the perfect opportunity to rally the troops.  She was turning into a very lame duck until he did that. And ironically, it was her handling of GR that had undermined her authority. 

37 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

And Jack has just presented her the perfect opportunity to rally the troops.  She was turning into a very lame duck until he did that. And ironically, it was her handling of GR that had undermined her authority. 

It’s a calculated Tory gamble. Risk creating further support for independence in order to try and appear supportive of women’s rights and win a few votes.

i wish jj was my dad
33 minutes ago, Bobilius said:

It’s a calculated Tory gamble. Risk creating further support for independence in order to try and appear supportive of women’s rights and win a few votes.

I'm no political strategist but I can't understand why they would take such a risk over an issue that is of limited interest to the general population. I know that it really matters to some people but i dont think the hysteria generated here reflects the mood of Joe Public. 

I also recognise that the vote in the SP was not reflective of the view of the wider population but I would have thought that there were far more populist causes where a WM intervention might have been welcomed. I caveat all of that with admitting I am deeply suspicious of anything this particular UKG does. The Tories are the only governing party in the UK that do not adapt the principle of 'first do no harm'. Other administrations might be useless but no other party has actively gone out to do damage like this lot. 

14 minutes ago, Dazo said:

The cornerstone of Independence. 😂

😂 she’s spitting feathers today on various social media and the sheep are falling for it . Total deflection from any discussions regarding Indy . One might think it was all very deliberate?

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

😂 she’s spitting feathers today on various social media and the sheep are falling for it . Total deflection from any discussions regarding Indy . One might think it was all very deliberate?

Of course it was, deflection is actually one of the things she is good at and the reason she is still in a job. I mean how else do you get to be such a failure and still be backed. 

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Of course it was, deflection is actually one of the things she is good at and the reason she is still in a job. I mean how else do you get to be such a failure and still be backed. 

By dangling a carrot 🥕 

5 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'm no political strategist but I can't understand why they would take such a risk over an issue that is of limited interest to the general population. I know that it really matters to some people but i dont think the hysteria generated here reflects the mood of Joe Public. 

I also recognise that the vote in the SP was not reflective of the view of the wider population but I would have thought that there were far more populist causes where a WM intervention might have been welcomed. I caveat all of that with admitting I am deeply suspicious of anything this particular UKG does. The Tories are the only governing party in the UK that do not adapt the principle of 'first do no harm'. Other administrations might be useless but no other party has actively gone out to do damage like this lot. 

Yeah it’s an odd one. The government’s own consultation and research concluded GR reform is required. The argument is simply over the extent to how much reform. They appear to arguing Scotland shouldn’t be able to reform it at all even though it is devolved.

That thing you do
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yes, but they're only being propped up by the Greens.

Id read the article. UK is the one peddling racism and world sees it.

1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

Great read. Britain is an absolute global laughing stock. 😁

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Tinpot banana republic. 

And yet thousands of people bypass all those other amazing countries to live here. The laughing stock are those that constantly try to put the Britain down. If it’s so bad move elsewhere, easy really. 😊

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

And yet thousands of people bypass all those other amazing countries to live here. 😊

= Britain is great because the people we hate being here want to come here. 😁

6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

And yet thousands of people bypass all those other amazing countries to live here. The laughing stock are those that constantly try to put the Britain down. If it’s so bad move elsewhere, easy really. 😊

:laugh2: so they do. 

21 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Get yourself a dingy and do a few laps of the channel and see how you get on. 

From, "amazing countries". 

:rofl:

43 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You didn’t expect those posters to read past the actual headline did you ? 😂

I'll be honest I sometimes take headlines at face value too when I'm not thinking. Unfortunately having to think about what the motives are behind any given article and why it's being presented in the way it is takes time, as does searching out the contrary view. Much as we like to deride our fellow JKB arseholes at least there are some raw views here. You can bet your bottom dollar these are not viewpoints I'd ever hear played back to me in London. 

That thing you do
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

First, Uk is supposed to take its share, so certainly when in EU, Migrants dont go to first safe port or Greece would have 50% and Poland the rest fleeing Ukraine. There is supposed to be fair distribution which means that yes someone arriving in Italy could and should be able to come to UK.

Now is the UK sharing the load? Germany for one takes way more than we do. So the bypass argument is partially void. A student I used to teach in my teacher days from Afghanistan is now in Germant as the Taliban started looking for all Afghans educated overseas (I taught him in China).

Also, if youd learnt English at school and the majority of countries teach it as its a universal second language, you are going to prefer UK than say Italy or Poland where you cant speak any of it. This is a motivator for many people as well.

Its not the case that they all want to come here. The UK takes less than many other european countries.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

If it’s so bad move elsewhere, easy really. 😊

Just close your eyes and click your heels 3 times, and you will be transported to a country of your choice with your visa sorted and a new job and home waiting for you. 😊

16 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Just close your eyes and click your heels 3 times, and you will be transported to a country of your choice with your visa sorted and a new job and home waiting for you. 😊

Straw man argument?

16 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

lol, reminded of this article I read yesterday. I think most on this board would struggle to relate to the comments made, I have to confess to being a little shocked by how brutal they were though in fairness my first emotions didn't sun to sympathy either.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/afghan-refugees-london-hotels-home-office-housing-b1051972.html

23 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Not quite as easy as that Ray but if you lived somewhere so bad wouldn’t you try to better your life ? 

28 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Not quite as easy as that Ray but if you lived somewhere so bad wouldn’t you try to better your life ? 

I've never been in such a situation, but I'd imagine most of the people who have life bad cannot afford to uproot and move elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, That thing you do said:

https://eand.co/britain-has-officially-lost-its-mind-5c218510b11f

To see oursels as others see us

Very interesting article. Worth a read

I for one am incredibly grateful for the Tories. We're barely keeping the lunatics from running the asylum over here but every time things start to get really bad the Tories LEEROY JENKINS international news and our nutballs drop back below the fold.

1 hour ago, That thing you do said:

First, Uk is supposed to take its share, so certainly when in EU, Migrants dont go to first safe port or Greece would have 50% and Poland the rest fleeing Ukraine. There is supposed to be fair distribution which means that yes someone arriving in Italy could and should be able to come to UK.

Now is the UK sharing the load? Germany for one takes way more than we do. So the bypass argument is partially void. A student I used to teach in my teacher days from Afghanistan is now in Germant as the Taliban started looking for all Afghans educated overseas (I taught him in China).

Also, if youd learnt English at school and the majority of countries teach it as its a universal second language, you are going to prefer UK than say Italy or Poland where you cant speak any of it. This is a motivator for many people as well.

Its not the case that they all want to come here. The UK takes less than many other european countries.

And that's before you get to the historic imperialism that's left many countries knowing more about the UK than most others, not to mention all the links.

Nucky Thompson

I love living in northern Britain.

Still like to get away to warmer climates at least 3 times a year though