Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

Thunder and Lightning
3 hours ago, pablo said:

I've never read The Express in my puff:rofl:

Well done on dismissing out of hand what I feel in exactly the same way the SNP has for the last decade.

Also we'll done for managing to make a post without slavering pish about Huns, Orange Walks or Union Jacks just because you come from a wee town and your Old Man was a bigot. 

Offffft. Smackdown.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

11 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's your incorrect assumption that anything about Sturgeon or the SNP in a "Should Scotland  be an independent country" is off topic, it's absolutely on topic for the reasons you've been given dozens of times but constantly stick your fingers in you ears and and try to ignore.

I haven't said that anything about sturgeon or the SNP is off topic, that's just misrepresentation.

What I am saying is that the usual trans suspects screeching away has nothing to do with Should Scotland be an independent country?

A sensible conversation about Sturgeon is reasonable - you don't see me disagreeing with Jack D when he says his bit on her, because I largely agree with his thoughts.

In fact, you don't see me defending Sturgeon much anywhere.

I want Scottish independence.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I'm just quoting the thread title 🤷‍♂️ 

Was that the thread title?

I can't recall

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I haven't said that anything about sturgeon or the SNP is off topic, that's just misrepresentation.

What I am saying is that the usual trans suspects screeching away has nothing to do with Should Scotland be an independent country?

A sensible conversation about Sturgeon is reasonable- you don't see me disagreeing with Jack D when he says his bit on her, because I largely agree with his thoughts.

In fact, you don't see me defending Sturgeon much anywhere.

I want Scottish independence.

You constantly say anything about Sturgeon, the SNP or any other subject brought up about the independence argument is off topic.

The trans argument wheather it's being screeched or not shows how oit of touch Sturgeon and the SNP are and were with the general population, it's the being out of touch and making poor decisions that is relevant to the "should Scotland be an independent country" potential leader of an independent country should be making decisions without being held to account, it goes to the competency and the ability to convince the electorate in their argument.

You can't say "

A sensible conversation about Sturgeon is reasonable" while you've been banging on about Sturgeon not having anything to do with independence since this thread started and telling people to get back on topic Smithee, come on man at least be consistent!!!

I know you want independence for Scotland.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If this is the shit we're getting from a Nationalist government with devolved powers, then obviously it's a big fat no.

7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You constantly say anything about Sturgeon, the SNP or any other subject brought up about the independence argument is off topic.

The trans argument wheather it's being screeched or not shows how oit of touch Sturgeon and the SNP are and were with the general population, it's the being out of touch and making poor decisions that is relevant to the "should Scotland be an independent country" potential leader of an independent country should be making decisions without being held to account, it goes to the competency and the ability to convince the electorate in their argument.

You can't say "

A sensible conversation about Sturgeon is reasonable" while you've been banging on about Sturgeon not having anything to do with independence since this thread started and telling people to get back on topic Smithee, come on man at least be consistent!!!

I didn't say sturgeon has nothing to do with independence 🤷‍♂️ 

A reasonable conversation is an aside, again, like Jack D does. I'm frustrated with her too, but much more than that is another conversation, probably for the SNP thread, no?

This has been mud slinging.

But hey ho, you're not going to agree and I'm not going to try and convince you.

But there IS an SNP thread.

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I didn't say sturgeon has nothing to do with independence 🤷‍♂️ 

A reasonable conversation is an aside, again, like Jack D does. I'm frustrated with her too, but much more than that is another conversation, probably for the SNP thread, no?

This has been mud slinging.

But hey ho, you're not going to agree and I'm not going to try and convince you.

But there IS an SNP thread.

I'm sure if you back you'll see how many times youve said that Sturgeon and the SNP have nothing to do with the argument as they'll not be in power when independence comes.

It was your hypocrisy I was pointing out.

There is an SNP thread, but as i and others have said, you can not separate Sturgeon and the SNP from the independence argument no matter you often you claim you can.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm sure if you back you'll see how many times youve said that Sturgeon and the SNP have nothing to do with the argument as they'll not be in power when independence comes.

There is an SNP thread, but as i and others have said, you can not separate Sturgeon and the SNP from the independence argument no matter you often you claim you can.

You’re both kind of right. Analysis of the SNP/Sturgeon is relevant because they’re the ones leading the Indy push (in theory anyway. Sturgeon seems to prefer not having it so that she can moan about not having it). But the longer term idea of independence isn’t all about them, or wouldn’t be.

What is true is that Sturgeon is only making a yes vote less likely. I keep wondering when the party will wake up to it - or if they’re too scared/subservient to face facts

56 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Of course you can, that's why they're different threads.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Of course you can, that's why they're different threads.

🤣 because there are two different threads on a football supporters forum means you can separate the independence argument from the on party that gan get independence!!

A debate on Scottish Independence without mentioning the SNP? :rofl:

Next up, a discussion on famous Yorkshire serial killers of the 1970s without mentioning Peter Sutcliffe.

Nucky Thompson
15 minutes ago, pablo said:

Next up, a discussion on famous Yorkshire serial killers of the 1970s without mentioning Peter Sutcliffe.

We can't mention them because they are an embarrassment and have pushed the Independence cause back 20 years :biggrin2:

21 minutes ago, pablo said:

Pathetic really, like a tread about brexit but you can't mention the tories or Farrage.

Edited by Dawnrazor

21 minutes ago, pablo said:

:pleasing:

The snp are nothing to do with independence remember and will disappear into thin air straight after a yes vote. 😂

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We can't mention them because they are an embarrassment and have pushed the Independence cause back 20 years :biggrin2:

Alex Salmond made some good points on it recently.

5 hours ago, Dazo said:

Whether you like it or not Smithee the behaviour and merits of the potential leader of an independent Scotland are part of the debate following your question. So you’re just going to live it. 

I doubt Sturgeon would know a dick if it was slapped across her face never mind if she is one or not. 

😂😂

4 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Come on Smithee, She's not a "particular personality" she's the leader of the only political party that can deliver independence, her ability to deliver policies, promises and the vision to convince the majority of the Scottish population to vote in the favour of independence is front and centre of "should Scotland be an independent county", if she can't be trusted or can't describe what a women or similar is what will stop people being convinced, Sturgeon and the SNP are exactly what should be being discussed on a thread asking if Scotland should be an independent country. 

Maybe he should reflect on his and others comments about Liz Truss ? After all She was just a “ personality “ 

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Cool.

No 

4 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

As I've said before on here numerous times, I'm no great fan of the SNP in general and I can say that from bitter personal experience. If people are unable to bring themselves to vote for independence on the basis that it's putative leader "can't describe what a woman is" then those people deserve what's coming to them.

The hysteria over this whole matter is a national embarrassment.

Interfering busybodies , bigots and the usual suspects* telling the world that 16 Y O (who pay taxes, get married , have kids, can vote) cannot be allowed to decide their own gender is absolutely ridiculous.  So much for the human rights of those caught up in this, whose human rights don't appear to ever be considered. 

I'm not suggesting you fall into this scenario. 

“ national embarrassment “ ? 😂 I think that’s a parliament which passes legislation out of step with its population 

3 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

You can't say "

Good posting 

28 minutes ago, pablo said:

😂😂

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

:pleasing:

The snp are nothing to do with independence remember and will disappear into thin air straight after a yes vote. 😂

See that’s the issue I have . A major concern is who takes over the reigns of we become Indy and there is no “ safety net “ of Westminster ? I’magine how renegade a SNP Scottish Real Govt would be ? Without any controls ? Scary stuff . 

18 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Pathetic really, like a tread about brexit but you can't mention the tories or Farrage.

Good point well made. I doubt people go to the same lengths to divorce Boris from the overall question and reality of withdrawal from the EU....

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

The circle jerkers are back for another collective tug fest over absolutely feck all 😂

Keep it up ya mugs. 

Seething. 😂

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The circle jerkers are back for another collective tug fest over absolutely feck all 😂

Keep it up ya mugs. 

Good contribution. 

Sad times for you lately eh? Polls against you, party in turmoil...

Bet you miss the good old days when you and the boys circled the wagons and had a tug over a couple of polls showing an Indy lead. 

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

MORE SNP LIES

15F3E51F-D3CF-402D-9EBA-CE401D9B3829.jpeg

SNP politicians lying to boost the case for indy? Well I never. 

Edited by BlueRiver

4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

From what I've seen of that poster I think that's his default setting. 

It’s normally reserved for the tories to be fair to oor Thor, defending wee Nic lately has him in turmoil. 

Edited by Dazo

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Keep it up ya mugs. 

C'mon Thor. You've got loads of Tory threads to keep you occupied

Nothing to see here :biggrin2:

The Mighty Thor
6 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Good contribution. 

Sad times for you lately eh? Polls against you, party in turmoil...

Bet you miss the good old days when you and the boys circled the wagons and had a tug over a couple of polls showing an Indy lead. 

Aye I miss the good old days when you boys actually had something valid to raise. 

We've been hearing for years and years of the imminent demise of Salmond, Sturgeon, the SNP, the Independence campaign. 

Yet here we are. 

6 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

From what I've seen of that poster I think that's his default setting. 

From what you've read. 

Leave the thinking to those with something to think with. 😉

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

C'mon Thor. You've got loads of Tory threads to keep you occupied

Nothing to see here :biggrin2:

Nucky it's always nice to come on and see what dead end you boys are running down. 

Warms the cockles. 

Yet here we are. 

No nearer to Independence than 56 years ago.

Aye I miss the good old days when you boys actually had something valid to raise. 

We've been hearing for years and years of the imminent demise of Salmond, Sturgeon, the SNP, the Independence campaign. 

Yet here we are. 

From what you've read. 

Leave the thinking to those with something to think with. 😉

We don't have to raise anything. It's all coming apart at the seams in spite of how bad the Unionist leadership has been. Absolute open goal after open goal for nigh on a decade and you're Hibsing it. 

Raging. Its all falling apart and all you have left are wee snide remarks about circle jerks. 

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

We don't have to raise anything. It's all coming apart at the seams in spite of how bad the Unionist leadership has been. Absolute open goal after open goal for nigh on a decade and you're Hibsing it. 

Raging. Its all falling apart and all you have left are wee snide remarks about circle jerks. 

😂

It's definitely all coming apart at the seams. Maybe if you cross your fingers and wish really hard it might just happen this time 😂

😂

It's definitely all coming apart at the seams. Maybe if you cross your fingers and wish really hard it might just happen this time 😂

Indy Ref 2 imminent eh? 🤣🤣 

Naewhere near. Absolutely hopeless shower of charlatans. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Anything to say about Angus Robertson being a bare faced lying *******, Thor? 

You'll have to indulge me as you chaps post so much utter jobbies that it's really tough to keep up with what you're on about 

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

Do you have a wee cheat sheet of things you think are going to get a rise out of people? 

Do you have a wee cheat sheet of things you think are going to get a rise out of people? 

Not at all. I'm not trying to get a rise. You're the plonker that came on going on about circle jerks. 

As for the Angus Robertson thing, go back a page and use that big brain of yours to read what Manalive posted regarding figures about renewables. 

I appreciate there's a number of topics that can be raised on these pages but do try to keep up. There's a good lad. 

Also are you any closer to indy now than you were 8 years ago? Stale party, stale leadership, stagnant polling. All whilst Westminster has been in utter turmoil. 

A movement completely out of ideas. 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Not at all. I'm not trying to get a rise. You're the plonker that came on going on about circle jerks. 

As for the Angus Robertson thing, go back a page and use that big brain of yours to read what Manalive posted regarding figures about renewables. 

I appreciate there's a number of topics that can be raised on these pages but do try to keep up. There's a good lad. 

Aye mate he's a bare faced liar. 

He used figures that were inaccurate. 

I ten not to spend too much time reading anything IQ of 5 posts. It's generally pish he's found on Facebook. 

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Also are you any closer to indy now than you were 8 years ago? Stale party, stale leadership, stagnant polling. All whilst Westminster has been in utter turmoil. 

I assume you live in Scotland and given the SNP is doing such a bad job tell me, who do you think should take Scotland forward? 

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I assume you live in Scotland and given the SNP is doing such a bad job tell me, who do you think should take Scotland forward? 

The SNP are doing a terrible job of achieving their main stated objective yes. 

My preference at this point in time to take the UK forward would be a Labour government. My preference for Holyrood would be any party that doesn't engage in 8 years of political grandstanding and finger pointing to the detriment of the things actually within their control. That could potentially be the SNP. Just not this iteration of them. 

29 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

😂

I know . I used to think he was quite an intellectual “ heavy weight “ I’ve since revised that now as he seems to just sling insults every where when his beloved SNP are challenged 

31 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

At the earliest it won’t be until 2026 ! Remember it was meant to be Oct 19th this year ! “ Indy day “ think some had tea towels and t shirts with it imprinted on them ! 😂 maybe better to just have a t  shirt “ Indy day Oct 20 ** leave out the actual year . They can colour it in with a crayon 🖍️ 

25 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

It’s a busted flush now . 

The Mighty Thor

The SNP are doing a terrible job of achieving their main stated objective yes. 

My preference at this point in time to take the UK forward would be a Labour government. My preference for Holyrood would be any party that doesn't engage in 8 years of political grandstanding and finger pointing to the detriment of the things actually within their control. That could potentially be the SNP. Just not this iteration of them. 

The SNP haven't achieved their stated aim in their entire existence and yet for the last 16 years they've been returned in increasingly large numbers. 

It looks likely you'll get your Westminster preference however given their leadership and current suite of 'policies' forward will not be where you're going. 

They'll be no better for Scotland than the Blue version which is why neither of them will be governing Holyrood any time soon

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I used to think he was quite an intellectual “ heavy weight “ 

😂

You're clearly confusing me with someone else

😂

You're clearly confusing me with someone else

😂😂😂 

27 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Actually watching news and SNP planning on legislating “ abortion buffer zones “ ! Now that’s something i agree with . 

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The SNP haven't achieved their stated aim in their entire existence and yet for the last 16 years they've been returned in increasingly large numbers. 

It looks likely you'll get your Westminster preference however given their leadership and current suite of 'policies' forward will not be where you're going. 

They'll be no better for Scotland than the Blue version which is why neither of them will be governing Holyrood any time soon

Returned in ever greater numbers isn't quite the truth. If anything seats have been dropping since the high water mark but I understand your point overall. I guess a core constituent one issue vote against a fractured opposition lends itself to that though. 

I disagree. I believe Labour will take the UK forward and acting like everyone is a Tory is just the student politics I've grown used to hearing in Scotland. The amount of folk that swapped voting for any monkey in a red rosette to any monkey in a yellow one is always astounding. 

The Mighty Thor

Returned in ever greater numbers isn't quite the truth. If anything seats have been dropping since the high water mark but I understand your point overall. I guess a core constituent one issue vote against a fractured opposition lends itself to that though.

Perhaps the Scottish voters (not the circle jerkers) actually think the SNP are actually governing relatively well. The repeated absolutely huge election victories would suggest so. 

7 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I disagree. I believe Labour will take the UK forward and acting like everyone is a Tory is just the student politics I've grown used to hearing in Scotland. The amount of folk that swapped voting for any monkey in a red rosette to any monkey in a yellow one is always astounding. 

Labour's leader is literally proposing to continue the very thing that has wrecked the UK economy despite everyone with half a brain knowing it'll never work in a million years. 😂

With a 4% or £100 billion a year handicap you're not going forward. 

Perhaps the yellow voting 'monkeys' have seen right through Labour? After all they had 60 or 70 years of a closed shop and did nothing for Scotland.