TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

You just taught me something.

Will take a bit zooming in to see the lights mind.

20220814_150003.jpg

👍 I do agree that the new lights I could see in the Wheatfield were pointing at the pitch.  

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would doubt they are “disco lights” given the system at Celtic park cost in the millions according to a quick google search.  

Edited by ejbh
Typo

Just now, ejbh said:

I would doubt they are “disco lights” given the system at Celtic park cost £4m according to a quick google search.  

I have very serious doubts about that often quoted figure. 

5 minutes ago, ejbh said:

Indeed, but very expensive regardless! 

I work in a senior position in entertainment lighting. £4m is a massive sum for what I’ve seen of their “disco lighting”. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I work in a senior position in entertainment lighting. £4m is a massive sum for what I’ve seen of their “disco lighting”. 

To be fair I did then see a reference to £2m, is that a more realistic number? Would that include normal floodlights and the entertainment lights?

I am clueless about the costs of these things!

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I've just watched a video of their 'disco lights', and they looked pretty shite. 

The different heights of the stands didn't help.

They also seem to have moving spot lights and green 'lasers'. 

Certainly not worth  £4million!

5 minutes ago, ejbh said:

To be fair I did then see a reference to £2m, is that a more realistic number? Would that include normal floodlights and the entertainment lights?

I am clueless about the costs of these things!

4 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I've just watched a video of their 'disco lights', and they looked pretty shite. 

The different heights of the stands didn't help.

They also seem to have moving spot lights and green 'lasers'. 

Certainly not worth  £4million!

Even £2.3m is a big number. Floodlighting isn’t my speciality but as an example very top level entertainment moving lights rated for outdoor use your looking at around £10k max per unit. A lighting desk to control it all between £5k and £20k depending on spec. The lower end of those prices could easily handle what they use them for. Even if you factor in power distribution, labour, engineering consultation etc I’m struggling to get to that type of price. 

Says it all about humanity that some are literally getting excited about lights being switched on and off.

44 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Get yourself on the phone to Hearts then and offer up your service as a free Disco Light Consultant?  You have until next Thursday to get them installed and ready to go 🤣.

Just now, tazhearts said:

Get yourself on the phone to Hearts then and offer up your service as a free Disco Light Consultant?  You have until next Thursday to get them installed and ready to go 🤣.

I’m busy mate, it’s the festival. I can’t even get to bloody matches. 

Hearts of Vladland
29 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Even £2.3m is a big number. Floodlighting isn’t my speciality but as an example very top level entertainment moving lights rated for outdoor use your looking at around £10k max per unit. A lighting desk to control it all between £5k and £20k depending on spec. The lower end of those prices could easily handle what they use them for. Even if you factor in power distribution, labour, engineering consultation etc I’m struggling to get to that type of price. 

37 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The Philips Arenavision will be £2k+ and we have roughly 132 to get us 1,400 lux for UEFA Level B, Celtic got Elite Level A which is 2,000 lux so they will have at least 200.

So at least £400k on purely lights supplying the pitch. Then factor in the entertainment lights another £100k at least. It adds up quickly, my guess would be over £1 million but not by much.

57 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Says it all about humanity that some are literally getting excited about lights being switched on and off.

Truly depressing moment

2 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

Flashers ….

It's brilliant seeing a full stadium......Dundee utd wanted double the allocation and we could have shifted another 1k approx. It's good to have a good away support...It adds to the match day atmosphere etc....Demand is currently at around 21k....Some games higher...hibs games 30k+This is before we have actually won anything...People can see and agree that their club is run in the best way and we are secure.....Segregation has us at around 19k...... The club must be loosing around 2 million in lost ticket sales this year.....And if it continues which it will then that's a lot of cash for the playing budget.....In the near future this will be looked at and my guess is they already are but noting will be announced anytime soon.

Fabulous position to be in..

Selkirkhmfc1874
47 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

It's brilliant seeing a full stadium......Dundee utd wanted double the allocation and we could have shifted another 1k approx. It's good to have a good away support...It adds to the match day atmosphere etc....Demand is currently at around 21k....Some games higher...hibs games 30k+This is before we have actually won anything...People can see and agree that their club is run in the best way and we are secure.....Segregation has us at around 19k...... The club must be loosing around 2 million in lost ticket sales this year.....And if it continues which it will then that's a lot of cash for the playing budget.....In the near future this will be looked at and my guess is they already are but noting will be announced anytime soon.

There were loads empty seats on Sunday which disappointing when we had Jambos looking for Tickets ! 

Obviously not many people opting to use the ticket exchange scheme and who can blame them when there is always the possibility you might saddle your friends and fellow supporters with a nutter!

30 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

There were loads empty seats on Sunday which disappointing when we had Jambos looking for Tickets ! 

Yes there are always people that can attend and with more games on a Sunday, even more...But the seats are sold and if we had more then there wouldn't be an issue...It wont change anytime soon unfortunately.....The first 3 stands we build should have been bigger from the off but we have always had small minded people in this country.....That will do, this is fine,,,thats all we need....We where getting around 12k back in the 90's for B games. Now its 18k+ and its only because its all we can sell...Someone needs to ask the club if they have any desire to move us up a level and grow our fan base generation way more income to help us compete at the top end of the table.

If we had a 30k stadium we would have an average of 25k ranging from 18k-22k for B games and 25k-30k for A games...Thats some income for the club.  Yes it all cost money eh...but it need to be done and even if its around 25-30 million it will reap the rewards like the new stand is now for generations of fans.

10 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Obviously not many people opting to use the ticket exchange scheme and who can blame them when there is always the possibility you might saddle your friends and fellow supporters with a nutter!

Maybe something the club needs to be a bit stronger in promoting. Nothing wrong with the stadium announcer giving a quick reminder at the end of games and perhaps a few prompts on the electronic advertising boards too?

We built a stadium that catered exactly to our needs. Now that demand has stepped up we’re going to run into this problem at lot. Hopefully the club are assessing their options here to maximise the physical attendance as much as possible. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Maybe something the club needs to be a bit stronger in promoting. Nothing wrong with the stadium announcer giving a quick reminder at the end of games and perhaps a few prompts on the electronic advertising boards too?

We built a stadium that catered exactly to our needs. Now that demand has stepped up we’re going to run into this problem at lot. Hopefully the club are assessing their options here to maximise the physical attendance as much as possible. 

I agree but they have and you can go online and release your ticket but at the end of the day you dont have to. Some people where on holiday and maybe this was the last thing on their mind

Hearts of Vladland
20 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

You couldn’t buy tickets online Friday or Saturday and potentially Sunday as well? Probably a lot to do with that 

Oh another thing i noticed...Do you really need such a large segregation area between away fans for B games...seems crazy  must be around 300 seats blocked off and seem excessive .

Bungalow Bill
16 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Oh another thing i noticed...Do you really need such a large segregation area between away fans for B games...seems crazy  must be around 300 seats blocked off and seem excessive .

You do yes, as folk can’t behave. 

Just now, Bungalow Bill said:

Im sure if it was a £1000 fine and a lifetime ban from every ground for life they would behave....

42 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

I think the ticket exchange was broken online this week so hampered additional sales. You couldn't access the stadium map to pick a seat.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

On evidence of Sunday, probably a good thing, even Dundee United, the goading is too much for some to resist

Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

On evidence of Sunday, probably a good thing, even Dundee United, the goading is too much for some to resist

I just thought it was normally around 4 seats width but seemed more.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

I just thought it was normally around 4 seats width but seemed more.

I love your sentiment, unfortunately we always end up having to take safe routes, dont think there was any change Sunday to the norm. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I love your sentiment, unfortunately we always end up having to take safe routes, dont think there was any change Sunday to the norm. 

I was my first game this season..I missed the Ross County match. you are know doubt correct. But i just thought i would point it out..Its sad when there areb idiots that mean this has to happen 

adambraejambo
58 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Yes there are always people that can attend and with more games on a Sunday, even more...But the seats are sold and if we had more then there wouldn't be an issue...It wont change anytime soon unfortunately.....The first 3 stands we build should have been bigger from the off but we have always had small minded people in this country.....That will do, this is fine,,,thats all we need....We where getting around 12k back in the 90's for B games. Now its 18k+ and its only because its all we can sell...Someone needs to ask the club if they have any desire to move us up a level and grow our fan base generation way more income to help us compete at the top end of the table.

If we had a 30k stadium we would have an average of 25k ranging from 18k-22k for B games and 25k-30k for A games...Thats some income for the club.  Yes it all cost money eh...but it need to be done and even if its around 25-30 million it will reap the rewards like the new stand is now for generations of fans.

How would you have made the Wheatfield bigger back then before we started  . Got to consider the Taylor report which forced our hand and also our financial situation at the time .Last but not least the space/land we owned. . Didn't always have open space behind Wheatfield. Same arguments for behind both goals. Main stand I'm sure we wanted to go bigger but we went as big as we were allowed. 

Screenshot_20220816-143543_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by adambraejambo

1 hour ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Most folk behave perfectly well. Football supporters get treated really badly in this country because of the 'they Cannae behave' attitude of the primarily middle class morons, most of whom have never been to a game in their life, but who sit in jobs where they can influence the way people live their life. Just look at the background of most of our politicians.

Edited by Libertarian

3 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

BC645F68-0576-4E3E-9E20-774892E8AF0A.gif

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Agreed there must be solutions which waste less seats.  Sure aberdeen still have a fence. Surely we could get a movable perspex barrier or something

18 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

Not really Pink Floyd and jean michel jarre made a killing …………. hell it probably makes a night at the local bowling club disco tolerable for an hour

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agreed there must be solutions which waste less seats.  Sure aberdeen still have a fence. Surely we could get a movable perspex barrier or something

Some sort of force field would be good. Only takes up one column of seats as well. 

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Love a bit of goading …………… on a related point do they grow fat angry bellends in labs in Dundee ?

Always some fat mess going totally nuclear in their end every time we play them

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Love a bit of goading …………… on a related point do they grow fat angry bellends in labs in Dundee ?

Always some fat mess going totally nuclear in their end every time we play them

Maybe goat a bad pie or 2.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Maybe goat a bad pie or 2.

No Idea Harry but ever since I was a kid in the eighties there has always been a sprinkling of obese angry red faced throbbers losing their shit in their support at Tynecastle 😄 

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No Idea Harry but ever since I was a kid in the eighties there has always been a sprinkling of obese angry red faced throbbers losing their shit in their support at Tynecastle 😄 

Beyond me , should stay calm like me😏.

To get back to the fantasy redevelopment... 

369979137_ea187cef11_z.jpg?zz=1

I was looking at pics of old Highbury and thinking about a replacement Wheatfield stand. 

If the truss supports are retained (for the other stands) could something of this style be fitted in ? The rake of the lower tier would need to be changed but I think within the footprint of the stand plus the space at the back we could do something like this. The old North Bank used to hold 13k.

The issue after being planning permission, finance to do it and moving the ethanol tanks/getting exceptions etc. 

Edited by Mysterion

Just now, Harry Potter said:

Beyond me , should stay calm like me😏.

Good man ……………. although what about the atmosphere of you remain too calm ?  Could you at least yell hooray every now and again ?

Watt-Zeefuik
8 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

I was looking at pics of old Highbury and thinking about a replacement Wheatfield stand. 

If the truss supports are retained (for the other stands) could something of this style be fitted in ? The rake of the lower tier would need to be changed but I think within the footprint of the stand plus the space at the back we could do something like this. The old North Bank used to hold 13k.

The issue after being planning permission, finance to do it and moving the ethanol tanks/getting exceptions etc. 

EDIT Sorry, wasn't paying close enough attention. Comment removed.

Edited by Led Tasso

2 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

How would you have made the Wheatfield bigger back then before we started  . Got to consider the Taylor report which forced our hand and also our financial situation at the time .Last but not least the space/land we owned. . Didn't always have open space behind Wheatfield. Same arguments for behind both goals. Main stand I'm sure we wanted to go bigger but we went as big as we were allowed. 

Screenshot_20220816-143543_Samsung Internet.jpg

There where many ways.

rotating the pitch

different supporting structure - big floodlight structures where cheapest way to support roofs 

build 4 stands at the time.

don’t do it cheaply and appoint good consultants - our new stand is poor for the money spent. Jesus when managing if we forgot to buy seats.

highlandjambo3
44 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Some sort of force field would be good. Only takes up one column of seats as well. 

Or stewards with cattle prods

31 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Never been an arsenal fan but if there is one ground in football that is missed it's Highbury. Arsenal haven't been the same club since they left, lost their soul. 

5 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

EDIT Sorry, wasn't paying close enough attention. Comment removed.

Didn’t see it but always open to critique. 

Wonder how tight it would be and how much space could be at the back for other revenue spinners…

Watt-Zeefuik
18 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Didn’t see it but always open to critique. 

Wonder how tight it would be and how much space could be at the back for other revenue spinners…

Nah, was just making points that you'd already acknowledged and I'd read too fast to see the first time. Totally my mistake.

I do love looking at other stadiums for inspiration. While I know it's on its way out, I think the high-stacked touchline stands at Goodison Park show how you can get a lot of seats on a fairly narrow footprint and create a lot of atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

I'm not sure if we'd have enough space but if we could double the Wheatfield, same design as it is currently would be awesome. Guaranteed sell outs v Rangers, Celtic & Hibs (and Europe!), high attendance against Aberdeen and if the extra money made us better, you'd assume more folk would turn out to watch us pump the diddy teams. Would probably take us up to around 24k which would give us room to grow and maximise gate sales. 

Would love to get a two tiered stand in Tynie, but feel like we missed a trick doing that with the main stand. A row of boxes probably would have helped our hospitality offering.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 19/07/2022 at 17:01, DETTY29 said:

At Easter Road, every break in play seemed to have Grant Stott advertising his panto.

Oh no they didn’t 

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )