** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He isn't even away yet and already I don't give a feck about him.Just go I'm not even bothered where it is now I'm bored reading about him.

He has been largely very good for us but I don't blame him for being all out for himself as he is one injury away from playing anywhere else.

SunSport understands

seriously considering

could be the front runners

would be happy to bring him 

but appear to have pulled out.

Souttar could declare his next destination

Crikey, he's Definitely going to Rangers then.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

15 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Beni and Devlin getting all the rave reviews and seem to be first choice in everyone's mind but we've played our best football this season in games Haring plays... 

Either we find a way to play all 3 at a time, one of Beni or Cammy drop to the bench or we rotate between the 3. Can't really argue with the stats. Haring needs to play and he's too good to just be a backup.

Rotation & quality in depth is key. Good thing is we know Cammy & Haring work just about as well as Cammy & Beni, & Haring played fairly well with Beni at the start of the season so theres plenty options

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

A fit Peter Haring is quite probably our best player.. a must sign IMO.. 

It's a decent argument certainly.  Love Pete, he's got so much in the locker.  A way more forward thinking player than credited.  Prob because he was on FM as a CH when we signed him and lots of folk still think of him as a "converted centre half playing in midfield".  Truth is he wins headers, covers ground, wins tackles and duels.

But he also always, always wants the ball and when he gets it, his first thought is forward.  He's absolutely brilliant at hitting balls out wide either to feet or to run on to.  I actually think these aspects are things both Beni and Dev can learn from him.  Watch how he always wants to be positive.

Something a wee bit missing these days is how he also used get in the box on the end of crosses a lot.  But that's perhaps a formation/instruction thing at the mo.

He's dead sexy too

Just now, boag1874 said:

Rotation & quality in depth is key. Good thing is we know Cammy & Haring work just about as well as Cammy & Beni, & Haring played fairly well with Beni at the start of the season so theres plenty options

Agreed, also may be a case for occasionally playing all three, away at Glesga n that likes.

For me, Beni needs to win his place back, but no issue with any combo of the three and having any of them on the bench ain't a bad thing in the slightest!

Would be delighted to get big Pete and his man bun signed up for another couple of years at least. He's just a really good footballer. Would love to see him throwing himself about in the opposition's box like he used to and getting in amongst the goals again, but appreciate he'll be nervous about picking up another injury. Has taken a long time to get him back to form and not convinced he's fully there even now, but as long as he can keep fit I'd give him a 2-4y contract absolutely no question.  

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So if Kingsley does sign to at least 2024, it means for the next two and a half seasons we have:

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett    Kingsley    ?

?           Devlin   Beningime    ?

?              ?

Imagine any new striker (unless on loan) will be at least a 2 and a half year contract. So we are building a strong team which has some stability contract wise that allows us to build. If we can sign Cochrane up permanently and take Moore then we have a strong defence.  

I still see Boyce as an important part of the set up 

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

Big day ahead

👀 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good for Souttar. I hope he has wonderful career at Ibrox, helps them win things and then gets move down South enabling Rangers to make £millions whilst we are satisfied with tiny fee.

Maybe we could insert clause in any new signings we make that allow Rangers/Celtic to move for them if they are a success for a pittance, a pittance we should be eternally grateful for, of course.

I look forward to reading media, should this transfer happen, when Souttar explains that Rangers only club for him and that he had to challenge himself by going to club who play with officials in pocket each week. No doubt he will thank Hearts for last few seasons, almost as if he pretends to give a toss about club and support, whilst making sure we get minimum back and he and his agent coin it in 

I hope none of our supporters would consider booing him on return to Tynecastle or hope he is injured. Instead we should applaud him on to park and hope he plays brilliantly against us. The Corinthian spirit I believe.

Please accept this mail in the tone it is intended.

Taken as intended and concur. **** him.

My question would be, as good as we believe / think Souttar is, since he’s been at the club would be any worse off if he hadn’t been here? That’s a true measure of the contribution made to the squad. I get his injury history he knows opportunities don’t come along often and he is playing it safe (as in if he’s playing a computer game, he’s just switched to the uber novice setting) so he can do him. Despite the support we gave him during his injuries, he doesn’t actually owe us any loyalty really.

That being said, if he moves there it weakens us and strengthens them and we get **** all for it. So if it’s pre-contract, **** him and his weak aspirations and place him on the bench for the rest of the season, his upcoming wage increase will curb any frustrations he may experience. If it’s possible to strike a deal now, do it. Let’s move on ASAP.

2 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

Agreed he's been brilliant in his recent games. Passing ability is phenomenal. 

One thing I really like about Pete is when he gets the ball his first instinct is to try and pass the ball forward. 

I'm fed up reading about Souttar, I hope we are able to sell him now so we can move on.

He's a good player but certainly not irreplaceable.  In terms of defending, he doesn't come close to Ritchie, Webster or Berra IMO.

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

👀

Taken as intended and concur. **** him.

My question would be, as good as we believe / think Souttar is, since he’s been at the club would be any worse off if he hadn’t been here? That’s a true measure of the contribution made to the squad. I get his injury history he knows opportunities don’t come along often and he is playing it safe (as in if he’s playing a computer game, he’s just switched to the uber novice setting) so he can do him. Despite the support we gave him during his injuries, he doesn’t actually owe us any loyalty really.

That being said, if he moves there it weakens us and strengthens them and we get **** all for it. So if it’s pre-contract, **** him and his weak aspirations and place him on the bench for the rest of the season, his upcoming wage increase will curb any frustrations he may experience. If it’s possible to strike a deal now, do it. Let’s move on ASAP.

Loyalty is a lost concept in modern football. It's all about the player making sure his family are okay (aye 4k a week is really poverty right enough)

Despite popular view he doesnt owe us anything, i dont agree with it - he owes us a lot. We first brought him in at a critical point of his career, could have went either way - but Neilson signed him and reignited the boys career. Then the injuries happened and we stood by him for 3 serious injuries, even extended his contract in that time with no guarantee he would be okay. The very least he could have done was sign a deal with hearts with the intention of leaving just so the club that cared for him in such a way were given a fee and some fruit for their investment. 

If its a pre contract with Rangers, he is done at hearts. He does not play for us again. We have ample cover for him

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, andrew said:

I'm fed up reading about Souttar, I hope we are able to sell him now so we can move on.

He's a good player but certainly not irreplaceable.  In terms of defending, he doesn't come close to Ritchie, Webster or Berra IMO.

First time round

Second time round he was only good for one season. 

bigsuperslim1874
4 minutes ago, andrew said:

Yeah - move him on now so we can move on too. Get the token cash and hopefully a decent sellon ‘just in case’.

2 minutes ago, andrew said:

Yeah defensively hes a bit shaky, its what he brings offensively which will be a big miss.  I have come to peace with him leaving so would prefer to see him stay season and help us finish as high as possible but sounds like he will be offski.

Based on history however he is due a dull injury very soon so if it was purely a business decision we should sell.

10 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Wasn’t there folk on here who were adamant Souttar wouldn’t be staying in Scotland?

A dandy highwayman?

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

First time round

He was incredible for that one season though. Terrible after his injury against Celtic. 

If Souttar went to the EFL to earn a big wedge, I'd understand considering his injury history.

If he goes to Ibrox, feck him and I hope his career goes down the pan.

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

First time round

Berra was the best centre half in the league until he got injured second time round.

I was comparing Souttar to other young centre halves, if you ignore his relatively young age he doesn't come close to a Davie Weir or Steven Pressley.

I'd like to see Moore get a run of games in the back three, I thought he played well there when Souttar was out.

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Loyalty is a lost concept in modern football. It's all about the player making sure his family are okay (aye 4k a week is really poverty right enough)

Despite popular view he doesnt owe us anything, i dont agree with it - he owes us a lot. We first brought him in at a critical point of his career, could have went either way - but Neilson signed him and reignited the boys career. Then the injuries happened and we stood by him for 3 serious injuries, even extended his contract in that time with no guarantee he would be okay. The very least he could have done was sign a deal with hearts with the intention of leaving just so the club that cared for him in such a way were given a fee and some fruit for their investment. 

If its a pre contract with Rangers, he is done at hearts. He does not play for us again. We have ample cover for him

I agree to an extent, that there should be some loyalty from a moral perspective, particularly as we provided him with that contract extension when other clubs would write him off. But in terms of injuries, if a player gets injured they’re still entitled to their pay, just like we’d expect our employers to keep paying us if we were in hospital and couldn’t do the work. So from that perspective technically he doesn’t owe us anything. That being said, we don’t owe him a starting berth or a chance to stay in the Scotland squad or a chance to continue his development by playing him every week. I want players hungry to play in Europe next season and play towards that end. Players who have already signed a contract to play in Europe for the foreseeable won’t have that hunger and focus.

Just now, andrew said:

Berra was the best centre half in the league until he got injured second time round.

I was comparing Souttar to other young centre halves, if you ignore his relatively young age he doesn't come close to a Davie Weir or Steven Pressley.

I'd like to see Moore get a run of games in the back three, I thought he played well there when Souttar was out.

Said yesterday I'd be very comfy with that.

Thing is, with our setup now, I'm happy either way.  If the club go with Moore, it's cos they've searched, enquired and decided on reflection he's the best option we have as compared to bringing someone in.  If we bring someone in, we've searched, enquired and got a guy we believe to be better.  He'd be a coup, of course.

Years gone by, we'd decide we need someone, anyone, and get some guy in who hasn't played for 3 years but whose agent says is brill, honest.

Monsieur Maroon
19 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Wasn’t there folk on here who were adamant Souttar wouldn’t be staying in Scotland?

Was just about to post the same thing - there were one or two posters that seemed to have the inside scoop on this a couple of weeks back (can’t remember who 🤔)…but then that was before reports of the rangers making an offer. 

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, King prawn said:

If Souttar went to the EFL to earn a big wedge, I'd understand considering his injury history.

If he goes to Ibrox, feck him and I hope his career goes down the pan.

Blackburn are skint, owned by the Chicken guys and Sheff Utd are costcutting managed by a tube Hibs sacked.

It doesn't look like there was much on the table after all for Souttar it seems.  Probably due to his injury record.

1 hour ago, Clear few said:

I for one would never boo Soutter should he line up for the ****s 11 against us.

If he sign for that mob he is a 🔔🔚 and dead to us

As Dead as Rangers are 👌🏻👌🏻 Spot on

27 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

One thing I really like about Pete is when he gets the ball his first instinct is to try and pass the ball forward. 

He's very good at spreading it into space, stretching the pitch. Not the usual side to side, but into a channel or in behind the defence. A classy classy player on his day. 

Taylor Moore has started RCB in 2 games this season. 0 goals conceded and looked excellent in both games. I think we have an able replacement for the rest of the season, and should start ahead of Souttar if Souttar stays having signed a pre contract with Rangers. 

2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Taylor Moore has started RCB in 2 games this season. 0 goals conceded and looked excellent in both games. I think we have an able replacement for the rest of the season, and should start ahead of Souttar if Souttar stays having signed a pre contract with Rangers. 

I agree 100% , you many people judging Moore on his games where he played RB

2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I like Moore and would like to see him get a run of games at centre half. For me although he has looked decent at times in the RWB role, he looks like a centre half playing out of position a lot of the time. Didn't have his best game against Ross County but he is very good bringing the ball out from the back like Souttar is. I think we miss Halkett the most when he is out. We don't have any other defender who is as good or aggressive in the air as him, something you need in this league. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

thats traditionally the bigot brothers isn't it? hoovering up the best players from the opposition to dump them in their reserves to weaken the rest of us?

And then blame the rest of the league for a lack of competition when they fail in Europe!

bigsuperslim1874
25 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

A dandy highwayman?

I genuinely can’t mind 🤣. I will say that I was sold on what they were selling and the news outlets at that time were all about him going to ECL.

Get a fee and a % and get rid now. We need to move on.

Would be absolutely sickening seeing JS line up against us if he goes to the dark side, don’t buy into the whole “he owes us” stuff & get why he wants to move sooner rather than later incase it’s his last chance but cmon John you’re better than that show some ambition ffs

3 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Would be absolutely sickening seeing JS line up against us if he goes to the dark side, don’t buy into the whole “he owes us” stuff & get why he wants to move sooner rather than later incase it’s his last chance but cmon John you’re better than that show some ambition ffs

Almost certain trophy per season. probably a league winner this season. Almost certain CL group stage football next season. 5 figures a week salary. Not sure how more ambitious you can be in a footballing sense and he would still have a chance for a move to the EPL if he does well there

34 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

If he signs a pre contract at Ibrox and no fee is arranged will he still be a commited player for us for the rest of the season ? 

If his performance level drops and he ends up out the side he can kiss his Scotland place goodbye imo. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Would be delighted to get big Pete and his man bun signed up for another couple of years at least. He's just a really good footballer. Would love to see him throwing himself about in the opposition's box like he used to and getting in amongst the goals again, but appreciate he'll be nervous about picking up another injury. Has taken a long time to get him back to form and not convinced he's fully there even now, but as long as he can keep fit I'd give him a 2-4y contract absolutely no question.  

Agree with this. I think Peter Haring is a really good player, I love watching him play and I think we're a better team when he's in it.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

SunSport understands

seriously considering

could be the front runners

would be happy to bring him 

but appear to have pulled out.

Souttar could declare his next destination

Crikey, he's Definitely going to Rangers then.

FFS... even the Hootsman is stating that sevco have won the 'race'!?!? for his signature. Their source?... the Scum! Is this really what's constitutes journalism theses days... regurgitated pish from a well-known lying rag!?

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If he signs a pre contract at Ibrox and no fee is arranged will he still be a commited player for us for the rest of the season ? 

If his performance level drops and he ends up out the side he can kiss his Scotland place goodbye imo. 

He’ll just need to make sure we get an immediate fee if he’s going there. That’s up to him and his agent. We can’t be playing someone who’s signed for Rangers. He’d get slaughtered.

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Almost certain trophy per season. probably a league winner this season. Almost certain CL group stage football next season. 5 figures a week salary. Not sure how more ambitious you can be in a footballing sense and he would still have a chance for a move to the EPL if he does well there

Yep, unfortunately the Huns would be a good stepping stone for him - a couple of injury-free seasons there, Europe, trophies, more Scotland caps, and then onto the top half/third of the EPL is what he's probably thinking.

Or back to Tynie to join the 23/24 treble-winners in their assault on the Champions League...

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

FFS... even the Hootsman is stating that sevco have won the 'race'!?!? for his signature. Their source?... the Scum! Is this really what's constitutes journalism theses days... regurgitated pish from a well-known lying rag!?

Has anyone 'saved him from his Tynecastle Hell' yet?

A_A wehatethehibs

Think every Hearts fan should take a second to notice how good it feels to have players we like extending deals

Gordon - 2.5 years delighted

Halkett - 2.5 years delighted 

Kingsley - 2.5 years, tbc, but would be delighted

Smith - 1 year extension deserved, still competitive at this level and deserves to be part of a proper Hearts squad

Haring - 5 year deal for me on the big bucks. He can’t go to any other club, it can’t be permitted

Seems not so long ago we were looking at players, hoping their deals would expire soon so we can launch the entire squad of wastes of space.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

He’ll just need to make sure we get an immediate fee if he’s going there. That’s up to him and his agent. We can’t be playing someone who’s signed for Rangers. He’d get slaughtered.

It's true that he legally doesn't owe us anything. 

It's also true that we are entitled to make sure our team is fully committed to the club. 

JS and his agent better get The Rangers to come up with a decent fee to let him leave now. 

A bad dose of Vlad flu is possible otherwise. 

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Thing is, I wouldn't call these things 'ambitious' as they're all but guaranteed (on handed on a plate) as an OF player, thanks to our wonderful governance set up. 'Taken as a given' would be closer... but I agree that it is probably an ideal stepping stone to the EPL.

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Thing is, I wouldn't call these things 'ambitious' as they're all but guaranteed (on handed on a plate) as an OF player, thanks to our wonderful governance set up. 'Taken as a given' would be closer... but I agree that it is probably an ideal stepping stone to the EPL.

It's most certainly not ambitious. Any professional player choosing to play in the SPFL when better leagues are on offer isn't ambitious. They're seeking the easy life imo 

Ainsley Harriott
15 minutes ago, number-16 said:

It's times like this I miss Vlad

Yip he signs for them I would have him nowhere near the team and leave him to rot until the summer. We are too soft for that now though

7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Think every Hearts fan should take a second to notice how good it feels to have players we like extending deals

Gordon - 2.5 years delighted

Halkett - 2.5 years delighted 

Kingsley - 2.5 years, tbc, but would be delighted

Smith - 1 year extension deserved, still competitive at this level and deserves to be part of a proper Hearts squad

Haring - 5 year deal for me on the big bucks. He can’t go to any other club, it can’t be permitted

Seems not so long ago we were looking at players, hoping their deals would expire soon so we can launch the entire squad of wastes of space.

Imagine seeing big Pete line up for Aberdeen or something. Would be gutting. 

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's most certainly not ambitious. Any professional player choosing to play in the SPFL when better leagues are on offer isn't ambitious. They're seeking the easy life imo 

You’re confusing ambition with financial reward. The CL is a big draw. No other club in Britain that Souttar has knocking on his door can offer that. It’s a move with a bigger move in mind. You don’t go from Hearts to Man Utd. Rangers to Man Utd is feasible.

Edited by JimmyCant

11 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Has anyone 'saved him from his Tynecastle Hell' yet?

...his 'boy-hood heroes'... definitely, probably,  possibly,  maybe, could be, maybe not.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic